She/Her
April 01
Slateport City
Who knows
None
Civilian
10 height
10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @priscilla
Priscilla Chevalier
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 12:46:04 GMT
Priscilla Chevalier Avatar

The streets of Slateport, are a hustling bustling mix-match of Tourists from all across Hoenn. Priscilla was among those though she felt horribly out of place. As she walked around nervously looking around at all the people that walked past her.

Maybe that was just her emotions playing tricks on her, or maybe it was her long bright orange barely kept hair that shone brightly against the bright rays of the sun. Maybe it was the mix-match of dark green and black clothes which made her stand out.

Whatever it may be. The hustling sharks had already picked their target. She noticed them quickly for they did not try to conceal themselves, she tried to shake them off, but trying to do so through an alleyway might’ve been unwise.

They quickly surrounded her, halting her progress and forcing her up against a wall. She didn’t even hear the words they spoke. Deafened were they by the nervousness she felt. Though it didn’t seem to stop them from trying to rope her into a scam of some sort. And they would surely succeed in doing so, unless some kind-hearted hero would come and save her.

OOC: Mission thread for PUTTING ON A FRONT

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 13:33:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Keeping his head down was surprisingly easy for Isaac. After all, when the mask was off, he was as unassuming as they came. Short, slender, and with fairly youthful features, he didn't really stick out as a big threat. Contrary to what those who were close to him might think, he was also quite used to shutting up and moving along when the moment called for it. Those made him naturally quite stealthy; his belief that nothing good ever came of looking for trouble was just the icing on the cake.[break][break]

And yet, trouble just loved looking for him.[break][break]

The hustlers in Slateport were like Sharpedo on the prowl. They could smell your fear like blood in the water, and if they got a whiff shaking them was impossible. That must've been what got them surrounding a wall like a Swalot engulfing its meal, forming a literal barrier of flesh and tacky outfits. Only the occasional flash of bright orange provided a hint of who their prey might be.[break][break]

This wasn't his problem.[break][break]

He could just keep walking.[break][break]

He probably should.[break][break]

And yet.[break][break]

Isaac let his Pokeball drop behind his shoulder, letting his nonchalant walk change from his shield to his sword. After all, the strongest weapon was one nobody saw coming. The ball rolled behind him, one second, two seconds, three, before coming to rest at the back of a hustler's heel.[break][break]

Soon, the wall of bodies had a new member; an Aggron, who loomed over the rest and cast them in shadow.[break][break]

She didn't call much attention to herself at first. Instead, she gave the lost girl that they were surrounding a gentle, craggy smile. There was a warmth to her eyes, despite her imposing size, that she hoped would at least stop the girl from having yet another fright. Maybe, just this once, she'd know that someone was on her side.[break][break]

That was Kiryu being nice. The grifters and lowlives? They wouldn't get such kindness.[break][break]

With a stomp of her massive foot, Kiryu practically demanded the group's attention. If she didn't get it, she would take it by force, grabbing for the most important looking member of the group so that they'd have to turn around and face her. Once their attention was hers, she would simply glower down at them. Her eyes that had looked so warm before were now burning with a hateful intensity.[break][break]

Maybe the grifters had Pokemon. Maybe they didn't. But their Pokemon would be in their balls, and the furious Aggron was already in arms reach. Not good odds.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]311 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
April 01
Slateport City
Who knows
None
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @priscilla
Priscilla Chevalier
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 13:54:29 GMT

Fear plastered on her face as the Pokémon rose behind the hustlers. While it tried to look friendly. She barely noticed it beyond the cragged smile. But that could just as well be the smile of a predator looking at its prey.

Still, the movement of her eyes did not go unnoticed by the hustlers, then they noticed the shadow. They turned to look at the newly arrived Pokémon. Fear suddenly painted with broad strokes as the Aggron made it clear they weren’t wanted. With neither a Pokémon between them, they all knew that time was up. Quickly they ran away, scattering like Wimpod in the light.

Now she was left alone with an Aggron and its trainer. She felt no less cornered. Clearly, he wanted some compensation for the effort. There was no way he would simply save her out of the goodness of his heart. Oh no, maybe he was going to kidnap her and use her for nefarious means…

Her body shook nervously as she began to stutter. “I, I, I. Do… Don’t have any money.” She tried to blend in with the wall, hoping she would phase through it somehow. She figured she couldn’t outrun the metallic monster which he had used to scare away the hustlers.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 14:14:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Kiryu simply folded her arms as the dregs scattered, watching closely to make sure that they all left. Yep. There was nothing but shadows stretching away from the street now. Content that her job was done, she turned to face the poor girl, who . . . still looked terrified. Oops.[break][break]

Looking down at her frankly massive body, Kiryu coughed awkwardly. Then, inspiration lit up her eyes. She shifted in place, the plates lining her hide grinding against each other as she shifted into a sitting position. With her comparatively small leg to body mass ratio, she was still a good bit taller than the poor girl, even with this attempt at shrinking herself down. But it was the thought that counted.[break][break]

Her human had tried to walk off, but conscience left him lingering just enough to make sure that the lost girl was okay. That meant he was the next target of her fearful eyes. She shook and pushed herself against the wall, nervously stammering that she didn't have any money.[break][break]

Hearing this, Isaac rooted around in his bag as if looking for something. Unfortunately, no luck; an empty chocolate bar wrapper, an empty package of cookies, an apple core, an empty bag of chips, a very full, contented, and sleepy Watson. "Of course," Isaac muttered as he returned the mischievous Totodile back into its Pokeball. A sheepish smile spread across his face as he turned back to the girl. "I was going to try and offer you a snack to help with that, but I think I just ran out."

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
April 01
Slateport City
Who knows
None
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @priscilla
Priscilla Chevalier
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 14:30:57 GMT

“S-s-Snack?” Priscilla looked confused. Strangers didn’t just offer snacks, surely it would’ve been drugged or something. There was no way he would be so kindhearted without expecting something in return.

“If it isn’t money you want… Then uh, what?” The confusion she felt halted her shaking, helped along with the sight of the Aggron sitting down, something she didn’t expect it to do if it intended to harm her.

She whisked away a few strands of bright orange hair which had found their way in front of her view. View now unobstructed by both hair and fear she noticed that he didn’t seem particularly aggressive towards her, certainly less so than the hustlers before. Still, this was no time to put her guard down. He could still be intending to take advantage of her in some way.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 15:00:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Well, yeah," Isaac said, a bit of confusion in his voice. "You just said you didn't have any money, right? So I figured that'd at least help you out a bit. Especially cause I've usually got plenty to spare. Usually." Oh, Watson.[break][break]

That begged the question of what Isaac wanted here. And, well, it was certainly a good one. "Huh? That's a weird question," Isaac said. "Why would I want anything from you? Not like I know you or anything." Was Isaac playing dumb here? Between this question and the last one, maybe a little. But if he could at least convince this poor girl that he wasn't a threat . . .[break][break]

Why was he even doing that, again? The plan was to just spook off some creeps and walk away. What the girl thought of him didn't matter in the slightest. But when he saw the fear in those big ol' eyes, and the way she was shaking against that wall . . .[break][break]

Isaac needed to stop looking at people. It gave them too much power.[break][break]

". . . Any of those creeps hurt you?" he found himself asking.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
April 01
Slateport City
Who knows
None
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @priscilla
Priscilla Chevalier
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 17:23:53 GMT

It seemed he was intent on continuing the charade of the good Samaritan. But Priscilla saw the flaw in his acting. He hadn’t even given her a name. Surely that was one of the first things a person with good intentions would do.

She shook her head. “No, no they didn’t get that far.” She paused for a second. “And it’s not a weird question. I’ve seen enough True Crime documentaries to know what can happen to someone like me.” She explained, an odd mix of fear, annoyance, and disbelief that his world wasn’t colored the same way as hers. And yet, at that moment she realized if Isaac wanted to do her harm, then surely he would’ve done so already.

There was still the potential for kidnapping and forcing into an unsavory line of work, but there was naught much she could do against that. All she could do was curse the fact that she hadn’t taken her bug-pals with her. After all, she had merely wanted to go grab something to eat.

She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself a bit before she continued. “I am sorry… I didn’t mean to assume the worst, it’s just you hear a lot of stories about Rocket thugs going around snatching even moderate nice-looking women from the streets.” She then realized what running her mouth had just implied and she tried to backtrack. “I mean, it’s not like you look like a Rocket Thug or anything… Uhm… My name is Priscilla by the way.” She tried to halt her blabbering mouth by moving the topic onto an introduction, while she quickly pushed her glasses a bit further up on the ridge of her nose.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 17:46:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]True cirme, eh? Honestly, if it hadn't been for the fact that the poor girl had just been accosted by a mob of creeps, Isaac would've rolled his eyes. However, he'd be lying if he said she didn't have good reason to be shaken up. Trying to convince someone there wasn't anything to fear was a lot harder when their fears were just proven.[break][break]

He waved off her apology, a good natured grin on his face. "Nah, I get it. You just had a rough scare. And I probably didn't help much by having a giant monster for s first impression. No offense," he said, glancing over to Kiryu. The Aggron huffed at him, putting her hands on her hips in semi-exaggerated frustration. "It'd be a real dick move to blame you for having your guard up after all that."[break][break]

Besides, now his guard was up, too. If he saw a Rocket who tried that shit in the Sub, he made a mental note to break their legs.[break][break]

He couldn't help but snicker at the idea of him as a Rocket thug, though. Partly because it was true! But also partly because the mental image of him as some big, buff street tough was hilarious. "Good to know my face isn't that scary," he joked, waving away the mental image of himself with some thuggish hamburger face.[break][break]

So this was Priscilla, huh? A self identified moderately nice looking woman and moneyless true crime . . . fan? With how shaken up she was,istening to those couldn't be good for her. "And I'm Isaac," he said in return. "Nice to meet you. And to see that you're doing okay, at least."[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
April 01
Slateport City
Who knows
None
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @priscilla
Priscilla Chevalier
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 6:31:28 GMT

She was still a bit unsure about this Isaac person. But the way he seemed rather chill, made it strangely hard for her to keep her guard up. Even when he berated the Aggron for being big and monster-looking, to which it seemed a bit frustrated. She could do naught but feel how he was slowly slipping through her defenses.

“Yeah, I am fine now… I think, maybe?” Okay, there were definitely things about her that weren’t fine. But they weren’t in any way related to this current situation. Though if Isaac watched her carefully. He would see the telltale signs of someone living on or at least spending the majority of their time on the streets. Clothes were messy, with some holes here and there which wasn’t a part of a fashion statement.

“It was nice to meet you too, Isaac.” She said she hadn’t thought those words would come out of her mouth when this whole situation began. But here they were. “I should probably get going… I don’t want to stop you from whatever you were doing.” She blabbered on as she began to look for an exit, she figured Isaac would have plenty of places to be right now.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 15:05:00 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It didn't seem like the whole no money thing was an excuse. The girl's clothes were worn down in ways that suggested they were the best options she had. Between that and the perpetual sense of anxious urgency in her voice . . .[break][break]

She was suggesting he leave now. Get back on with his busy, busy life. Frankly, Isaac'd be lying if he said he wasn't busy. After one to two months of more lowkey onboarding, Rocket and fate conspired to make June a mess of a month for him. He barely had a chance to breathe most days. And now here he was, on his day off, skulking around town intimidating unaffiliated creeps. Yes, getting back to some rest would do him some good.[break][break]

But what good would it do this girl? The creeps weren't stopped. They were spooked. For all he knew, they were just waiting for Kiryu to leave so they could get even, and-[break][break]

Ugh. Now he was the one who sounded like a true crime podcast.[break][break]

Damnit. This was why he never stuck around when the job was done. The dangerous missions were bad enough. Everyone had a sob story, even the worst of the worst. Hell, half the people over in Rocket did. Busting up some unsanctioned drug deal was a lot more fun before they started talking about how they needed that money to pay for their kids' colleges or their Pokemon's medicine or their Almian butt lift this year.[break][break]

But worse than that were the thankful ones. Most wouldn't admit it to the League's face, but when Rocket cracked some heads to keep citizens safe? They were thankful. Some looked at them like they were heroes. And that, to Isaac, was a thousand times worse.[break][break]

Yet here he was. He made the mistake of lingering around, and now he couldn't just walk away. "It's fine," he said, shrugging a little. "Not like I'm really in a hurry. 'Sides, maybe I can help you get to wherever you're heading. Safety in numbers."[break][break]

Ugh. Idiot. She just got cornered by a bunch of strange men. Sure, she seemed at least semi-comfortable, but probably not let a stranger guide her home comfortable. "Or at least, you could borrow Kiryu for a bit. She's good at getting trouble running for the hills." Slowly, cautiously, he slipped a hand into his pocket, then pulled out Kiryu's Pokeball and offered it to the girl. It'd probably be less intimidating for her than having an unattended kaiju shadowing her.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
April 01
Slateport City
Who knows
None
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @priscilla
Priscilla Chevalier
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 15:44:08 GMT

“I appreciate the concern. I really do, but…” She wanted to say that she didn’t need it, but the words got stuck in her throat. That she could handle herself. But after a month of having been pretty much useless, this couldn’t be further from the truth. This had been her first excursion out from the safety that the home of her bug-pals had provided. Honestly, she wanted to just crawl back into the hole from whence she came and stay there for the rest of eternity. But she knew they wouldn’t let her nor did she want to impose herself upon them.

Isaac even went so far as to offer her one of his Pokémon for a brief period. She shook her head. “Oh no, I can’t accept that.” She shook her head. Though the offer was kind, she feel no more safe with a stranger’s Pokémon than with the stranger. It could very well have been trained to show him where she lived if she allowed it to follow her home.

“I promise, it’s going to be fine. I am sure those creeps are long gone.” She didn’t believe those words, and her voice reflected as much. But the longer she imposed herself upon Isaac’s time, the worse she felt about it.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 16:31:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was clear that the girl was more fearful than Isaac thought. Even the mobbing she'd been rescued from didn't quite seem to explain this level of lingering shock. Just what had happened to her in the past?[break][break]

Whatever the case, having a stranger lingering around wouldn't be much help. He did a wellness check. He offered to keep an eye out for her. That was really all he could do. Just went to show what he always knew, deep in the back of his mind. You couldn't help everyone every time. Better not to get twisted up in knots over it.[break][break]

Okay, sure. So Isaac was slipping a hand back into his pocket, shuffling most of his money and identifying info from his wallet into his pocket on the down-lo. But sleight of hand totally didn't count as overt attempts at helping, dangit. It was completely different![break][break]

"If you're sure," Isaac said, offering a slight smile. "You keep safe, okay? C'mon, Kiryu." With that, Isaac turned to leave, Kiryu rising back onto her feet and following after.[break][break]

One step.[break][break]

Two step.[break][break]

Three![break][break]

Right on cue, Isaac twisted his pocketed hand, knocking his wallet right out of his pocket. With his IDs, personal info, and most of the money already taken out, it would just be a little bit of spare cash. Depending on Priscilla's tastes, it'd be enough for a meal or two.[break][break]

Maybe she'd take it. Maybe she wouldn't. But this time, Isaac wasn't going to peek and overstay his welcome.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
April 01
Slateport City
Who knows
None
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @priscilla
Priscilla Chevalier
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 17:10:39 GMT

"I will, don't worry." She gave him a reassuring nod, or at least as reassuring as she could make it. It was nice of him to ask one final time before leaving. And so she watched the pair leave. So focused on the leaving part was she, that she didn’t notice his wallet falling out before her eyes fell upon it as she was about to leave as well.

Oh no. She looked upon it eyes wide. She quickly grabbed the wallet, opened it, and looked at the money. Sure there was enough for some food. And she was rather hungry. But a small voice in the back of her mind reminded her that this was not her money to take, and her bug-pals would be very disappointed in her if they knew she had kept this money.

With a sigh, she closed the wallet and exited the alley in the direction that Isaac had gone. She tried to look down the street where she assumed he would have gone, eyes straining as she fought valiantly to see. But She couldn’t distinguish his figure from the back, nor could she distinguish the Aggron shape among all the other Pokémon currently walking the street with their trainers.

She began to walk down the assumed path. Hoping that maybe if she walked quick enough, she could catch up to him and return the wallet. At the pace that she was walking or more like running, and the fact that she was rather hungry, stomach growling as she moved, She was one pebble on the street away from falling into the nearest person. Alas, the metaphorical pebble didn’t stay metaphorical, quickly taking the shape of the tail of a trainer’s Pokémon. She stumbled over it and began to fall at full speed forwards.

One of three things could happen now, perhaps she would slam into the back of the stranger whose Pokémon she stumbled over, perhaps she would hit the ground hard and potentially destroy her glasses, or maybe just maybe a knight in shining white armor would save her from this cruel fate.

Only fate would know for now.

@tag

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 19:38:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was the perfect plan. Being out of the public eye meant there was no pressure not to take the wallet. Even if the girl was a total goody-two-shoes, she seemed way too anxious to actually approach again. And if it was a trap, all he'd lose was some money he could make back next job. Not like he had any more motorcycles he needed to buy, after all. It was foolproof! He'd considered every angle![break][break]

Wait, what was that sound?[break][break]

A flash of flailing green arms and a shock of orange hair rushed towards Isaac. Instinctively, he reached out to catch the blur, oy to do a double take when he realized who had just faceplanted into him.[break][break]

He couldn't believe his luck. Not only had Priscilla actually went this way, but she also caught up to him. And now she, too, was paying the price for a deed well done; she'd tripped over Kiryu's tail, which sent her running into Isaac's arms. Literally. If it wasn't for the fact that she was so tiny, she probably would've body slammed right into him.[break][break]

What else could Isaac do upon seeing this but laugh in disbelief. "Okay, we have to stop meeting like this," he said, lighthearted humor covering up his genuine confusion at the whole situation. Was the whole damn region plagued with Absols? When did Hoenn becomes such a hotbed of dramatic irony?[break][break]

Nevertheless, he made sure not to keep her caught for too long, setting her back on her feet right after. "You do know you weren't actually supposed to return that, right?" he asked.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
April 01
Slateport City
Who knows
None
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @priscilla
Priscilla Chevalier
I need a hero! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 20:07:07 GMT

So, gravity was still a thing. This she had just confirmed as she was about to faceplant into the person whose Pokémon she had just tripped over. Luckily she didn’t fall further than what the initial faceplanting allowed her, as Isaac caught her heroically in his arms.

Though he didn’t keep her in his heroic grip for long. It was long enough for her to start blushing and feeling all warm and flustered. “I – I - I am sorry, I didn’t mean to run into you like that.” She spoke voice and face both radiating equal amounts of embarrassment as she gave quick apologetic bows in the direction of both Isaac and the Aggron.

Once she figured she had done enough apologizing, she straightened herself, pushing her glasses back in their place upon the ridge of her nose, as she prepared to hand the wallet over. But before even having the chance, Isaac baffled her with a statement she hadn't thought she would ever hear.

Whatever was left of her embarrassment quickly switched to a look of confusion when he simply stated that she hadn’t been supposed to return it. “But it’s your wallet?” She stated as she extended the hand which held the wallet towards him. “And there’s some money in there.” For once she spoke bluntly. “It wouldn’t be right to NOT return it after you helped me.”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]