Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 21:25:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"We really do, don't we?" Isaac said, smiling up at Cygne as he nestled softly against her side. "It's funny, I-"[break][break]

Whatever he was about to say may as well have been replaced by "am a sandy, sandy boy," because oh boy, Gremlin kicked up a hell of a sandshower! Unlike Cygne, Isaac was just about to say something, so that meant he got smacked right in the mouth. The poor guy was left coughing and sputtering, wiping sand out of his eyes and shaking loose grains out of his hair. "No wonder predators don't mess with these things," Isaac said. "They're way more of a mess than they're worth! Watson, think you could gimme a hand here?"[break][break]

Sadly, Watson was currently elsewhere. Namely, he was sitting in a daze underneath a shady rock, a few bubbles floating around his head. Was he hurt? No, no, he seemed to be in good spirits. The cause of its daze made itself apparent quickly; as he reclined, Watson picked up a strange, red and white rock and gave it a heavy shake. After a few sloshes, a pink liquid cascaded down into Watson's mouth, the Totodile greedily gulping down mouthfuls of it. Once it was all done, he hiccuped, putting the rock down and patting it on the head for its good work.[break][break]

His Totodile was getting wasted on berry juice in the middle of the desert. How did Watson even keep getting into these situations? "Buddy, I don't know if you amaze me or concern me more," Isaac said, laughing a little. "Though I think you're giving the poor thing a killer headache." Come to think of it, if the Pokemon was dazed and confused, it made captures easier . . .[break][break]

Fuck it. Isaac'd call this a battle win. Shrugging, he unhooked a Pokeball and lobbed it at the Shuckle before it recovered from its daze.[break][break]

With that, he turned back to Cygne. "I've had the bike for, oh, I dunno. A month or two now?" Isaac said. "Grabbed one on a big sale with all that Rocket money. I swear, that welcome to the team package is killer. It's helped a lot on missions, too, so it's been pretty much a win-win for Rocket. Y'know. Unless it explodes."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]379 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 6:28:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PARAS APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DAMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAGE POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEECH LIFE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLEEP POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POISON POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NUMEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OWN TEMPO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LAVA PLUME
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FOCUS ENERGY

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 1:59:02 GMT
ana fell Avatar
“Oh, god, I’m so sorry,” Cyg said, but she was laughing. “I have more water, Phio-- hey, don’t ask Watson to help you wash your face off this time.” But it was too late, the words were already out of his mouth, did this boy never learn?

Gremlin saw Watson and toto-toddled on over, arms swinging-- but on his way, he noticed something, and changed course. It was a mushroom-- a light pink mushroom, with little orange dots, and he grabbed one out of the ground and popped it in his mouth, sitting down on his wide butt to chew.

Phiona handed a bottle of water to Cyg, who passed it to Isaac to rinse out his mouth and clean off his face.

“Have you ever ridden a--,” she almost said real, then stopped and closed her mouth, then opened it again, then closed it again, then-- “a different bike?”

There was a startled, raspy scream as an orange pincer snipped onto Gremlin’s toe. He jumped up and ripped the Paras out of the sand, flailing it as he kicked his foot and hopped around. The angry Paras-- now with only a single mushroom-- went flying in the air, and landed on its back, little legs thrashing. Cyg bounced a Pokeball off the center of its plastron.

“Just, you know. Do you have any-- preferences? If you could pick.”

| catch attempt paras
ground, grass, rock

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 2:29:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac took the water, flashing a quick smile and a grateful "Thanks" before washing the sand out of his mouth. Ick. The only thing worse than sand was wet sand. At least now it was on its way out, not on its way in. Once his mouth was clear again, he beat the sand out of his hair, then ruffled it back into place. It had to be the right kind of messy, damnit! Not the wrong kind of messy![break][break]

That said, Cygne had an interesting suggestion. A different kind of bike? Huh. "You know? Funniest thing. For all I've been enjoying mine, never had the chance to ride one before," Isaac admitted. "Plenty of times I've stared longingly, don't get me wrong. But actually riding? Nope."[break][break]

Briefly, his brow furrowed. " 'You want to waste space in my house on one of those things? Don't make me laugh,' " Isaac said, putting a bunch of gruff and strain on his voice. " 'Besides, wer're not keeping something that unsafe around your little brother.' "[break][break]

Was this part of why Isaac put so much value in the dang thing in the first place? As a symbol of the freedom he finally took for himself?[break][break]

"Still, if I could think of something?" Isaac asked. "Might be easier if I started with, like. The ups and downs of this one. The sidecar's a must. Gotta have room for my Pokemon, after all. And especially close friends." He glanced over to Cygne for a split second, a smile creeping up his face ever so slightly. "And the part where it's, like, 90% hovering over the ground? That's fucking awesome, and the closer we can get it to 100% the better."[break][break]

"And for the bads? Well, I think you already covered the high-explosive Donphan in the room. And, when you really think about it . . ." Isaac trailed off a little as he looked over to the engine block. "I stand by it being kinda rad, in that big tough and ugly kinda way. But, something sleeker'd be a nice change of pace. And it'd show off the paint job, too. Hell, if we've got less engine block and more shell, maybe we can even get it armored up a bit. If I'm gonna use it for business, I'm gonna want it to be sturdy enough to handle a job gone bad, right?"[break][break]

"But, you're the one who knows your stuff here. And I trust you. What do you think'd be a good idea?"[break][break]

As Isaac and Cygne merrily chatted away, Watson was living his best life. He'd poked the Shuckle back out of its Pokeball, and was now once more using it for that sweet, sweet berry juice. All the while, he roasted a few other berries on a skewer, using a strange campfire that seemed to be poking out of the dunes. Sweet in one gulp, savory in another bite! This was paradise!

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]492 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 1:55:51 GMT
ana fell Avatar
“Uh-huh,” Cyg said, mentally taking notes. That was fine. She could work with this. Literally anything would be better than this disastrous hunk of junk. A bigweel with a lawnmower engine would be preferable to the eyesore he was currently putzing around on.

“It’s okay, my parents wouldn’t let me have one, either. Well, we couldn’t afford one, but even if we could…”
she let the thought trail off.

Aw, the sidecar for Watson was cute. Her brow furrowed, completely missing the close friends part. She was deep in thought.

How could she attach a sidecar to a crotch rocket and have it still look cool? It’d have to be something lower, not quite so crotch-rockety… but not a hog. God, no. The only people who rode hogs and took themselves seriously were well over 50.

But out loud she said: “Sidecar. Got it.”

Hovering was another technological marvel. She didn’t think she could build a hovercar, not with all the Rocket tech and science in the world. But then she laughed (to Isaac, it looked like she was laughing at nothing) because, of course, she could. She could power a city off a potato and a paperclip.

“I’m worried the hovering will reduce speed,” she said, when prompted, doing another loop around the Death Machine. “There’s a reason hovering never really took off. It’s not the fastest form of travel.” Even jetpacks, used for military purposes, lacked the zip to really be of any use.

Armor she could do. Paint, she could do-- even better, she was thinking color-changing runner lights. And obviously, the engine would go inside the vehicle, ideally protected by many layers of plasteel.

But the hovering…

“I wouldn’t underestimate the coolness factor of a good pair of wheels.”

| catch attempt paras
ground, grass, rock

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 2:12:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]She had a point. There was a reason why the Orre import Isaac had his hands on skimmed along a single big wheel instead of completely floating. "Yeah. You're right," Isaac admitted. "Probably makes it easier to balance the sidecar, too. And means if there's a malfunction, I'm not stuck scraping it along the ground to drag it to a mechanic." The thought alone left him shuddering.[break][break]

"So ditch the hover, get something more standard. Shouldn't be too hard to find something like that. Though, sheesh. Gonna have to save up, like, all my job funds to get my hands on something like this," he said. Excellent. He wouldn't see the fruits of Cygne's scheme coming. "But I'm sure I can look something up that both fits the bill and passes the Cygne Seal of Approval."[break][break]

That said, Cygne's seal of approval wasn't the only one currently being given out. Things were heating up over by Watson, the little croc sweating nervously as he looked from magic drink rock to magic sand stove. The Shuckle's head now poked out from the rock as it let out a series of frustrated squeaks and squelches. In response, low, mournful groans escaped the sand pit, sounding more angry by the second. Watson held up his hands in absolution, trying to break the two up, but it was to no avail.[break][break]

An epic slap fight broke out within the sands between a mostly-buried Numel and a very irritated Shuckle.[break][break]

"Sorry, Watson's doing something stupid again. Gotta break it up," Isaac said. He flashed Cygne a quick grin, then darted over to the world's most tense . . . cooking standoff?[break][break]

Yes. That was exactly what was happening here. Watson was desperately holding the two apart, taking nervous sips of sweetened berry juice and nibbles of roasted berry. Each time he tried one sample, the other "chef" grew more annoyed. Trying to placate them by eating both was having no luck. Trying to ignore food placed right in front of him was against Watson's beliefs. It was madness.[break][break]

Isaac arrived just in time, recalling Shuckle into its Pokeball. The Numel perked up, gesturing its head towards the latest skewer full of roasted berries. "Wait. You . . . want me to try this?" Isaac asked. "Watson wasn't putting you up to this against your will?"[break][break]

Apparently not. Judging by the expectant twinkle in the Numel's otherwise dull, oblivious eyes, it unironically wanted to put itself to use as an oven. How weird. And the weirdest part? Those berries were actually really good! Crunchy, juicy, and with just enough char to really bring out their sweetness. Isaac's eyes widened in shock as he savored the taste of the skewer, earning a bellow of approval from the Numel.

Excitement glinted in his eyes was he came down from his food high. "Okay, that's it. This may be the best catch I could possibly make, ever. You're coming with us, buddy!" Isaac said, lobbing a Pokeball the Numel's way. He and Watson watched carefully, waiting to gauge the Numel's decision . . .

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]515 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 6:18:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SANDILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOXIE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HONE CLAWS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER TRIP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RHYHORN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROCK HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMACK DOWN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 21:37:41 GMT
ana fell Avatar
She hated being the bearer of bad news-- but Isaac also needed to be reminded of practicality in the real world. A hover car would be great for passive travel, but if he was gonna be doing Rocket things, she didn’t want him putzing around in a hodge-podge Jetson’s car wannabe.

“Mmm,” she hums, silently thankful he’s given up on the hover aspect. “I’ll put out some feelers, see what I can come up with. As a Rocket we have some access to vehicles that aren’t quite, ahem, legal beagles.”

She snapped out of her own brain when Isaac excused himself to go deal with whatever it was Watson was doing. She watched him deal with the Numel, boldly putting Watson’s offering in his mouth.

“You’re so brave,” she said, reminiscent of when he’d told her about the Hunka Junka. It remained true. Brave and foolish.

| skipping <3
ground, grass, rock

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 0:23:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Oh, no. An illegal vehicle. Whatever shall I do," Isaac said, his mock distress as flat as a pancake in a hydraulic press. "Still, thanks for the help, Cyg. I'd say I owe ya one, but at this point I'm pretty sure I owe ya a lot more than just one."[break][break]

At the mention of his bravery, Isaac looked rather baffled. However, he quickly put 2 and 2 together as he eyed the strange look she was giving Numel. "Huh? Oh, trust me, Watson's actually a really good barometer for this kind of stuff," he said. "Guy's more of a drama queen than I am. Trust me, if those roasted berries were bad or dangerous, he'd be making some big show about how much of a tummyache he was having. Like, I'm talking rolling around on the ground with his hands on his gut and whining up a storm. He really, really isn't subtle."[break][break]

Was he brave? Yes. Was he a fool? Also yes. Was there more of a method to his madness than it seemed? Without a doubt.[break][break]

"How about you?" Isaac found himself asking as he gave his bike a good once over. Even with the different light he was seeing it in now, there was still something so nostalgic about taking a look at it. "What would your big-break, better-treat-myself gift be? A cooler version of something that already makes you happy? Or would it be some big dive into the unknown?"[break][break]

As they spoke, Watson started to toddle off once again. The last times he went a-wandering, he found the Pokemon he looked up to most in the world, made a new friend, and then got to pig out on some delicious snacks. Clearly, stranger danger was a lie, and the deeper he wandered into the desert sands, the cooler of a new experience he'd be in for. Right?

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]313 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 0:12:00 GMT
ana fell Avatar
“Definitely at least two,” she agreed, crossing her arms and giving him her best haughty look-- which wasn’t very good, because Cyg and arrogant were about as complimentary as oil and water.

She looked at Watson, head tilted, curious. “I’m amazed yours actually has a brain,” she said, gesturing over to where Gremlin was trying to see how many rocks he could fit in his mouth at once. He toddle-stumbled over to Watson to show him, unable to see because his jaws were open so wide.

She gave Isaac a flat look to say see what I mean?

“Hmm,” she said, tapping one finger against her chin in thought. “That’s a good question. I guess I do have a thing for fancy clothes, now that I can afford them, at least. My entire wardrobe growing up consisted of hand-me-downs.” Suffice to say she didn’t win any awards in school for being fashionable. “But I think… just being able to go to sleep and not wake up to an alarm. That’s my ultimate guilty pleasure.”

She was boring, so sue her.

| skipping <3
ground, grass, rock

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 2:39:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I guess I'm gonna have to spend more time with you to repay those favors then, huh?" Isaac asked. "Oh, no. What a terrible fate. I'm shaking in my boots here." If the deadpan sarcasm wasn't a dead enough giveaway as to Isaac's true feelings on the matter, the ear-to-ear smile on his face would've been. It was almost as if he enjoyed spending time with Cygne, or something ridiculous like that.[break][break]

"It's funny," Isaac said as Cygne called out Watson's intellect. "He's always seemed like kind of a derp to me. But I'm starting to realize that if anything, the problem's that he's got too much of a brain on him. He's always trying to get clever on me, and half the time life seems hellbent on making sure it explodes in his face. It's like he's thinking too much for his own good."[break][break]

Isaac. You need to stop delivering such perfectly-aimed self-owns.[break][break]

He snickered a little as Gremlin showed Watson his "rock collection." Sure enough, Watson seemed amazed by it. He made little hops around Gremlin, poking at his rock-filled cheeks and giggling. Then, as if trying to prove something, he toddled over to the biggest, greyest, and craggiest rock he could find, opening his jaws wide and snapping them around the rock. It wasn't budging. But of course it wasn't, it was several times bigger than Watson! Nevertheless, he was sure doing his damndest to listen.[break][break]

Part of Isaac wanted to tease Cygne for having such humble dreams. At the same time, part of him found it oddly refreshing. She was pretty practical in that regard, and so far those dreams hadn't lead her down the road of a screaming metal deathtrap. Nevertheless, he couldn't help but smirk mischievously as he listened to her.[break][break]

With a sling of his Pokeball, Kiryu took to the sands. The Aggron shot Isaac a confused look, only to notice him nudging his head in Cygne's direction. He reached into the sidecar of his motorcycle and took out a pair of shades, tossing them Cygne's way. The other thing he whipped out was a first aid kit, which he promptly thumbed through to make sure all of the necessary supplies were in hand. "Hey," he said. "Do me a favor? Close your eyes, put these on, and stand still? I've got an idea."[break][break]

If she assented, Cygne would feel the heat of the desert blaring down on her. A very confused Kiryu was using her metal plates to reflect the sun right at her. However, confusion turned to understanding as she saw what Isaac had fished out of the first aid kit with a flourish and a wink.[break][break]

A thermometer. Of course.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]450 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 0:34:17 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Well, that’s it, Cyg figured, trying to force a scowl in the blinding light of Isaac’s beaming smile, that’s all folks.

“You’re stuck with me,”
she confirmed. Light with sarcasm but heavy like a vow, spoken over the antiquated, metallic, death machine corpse.

She was going to make him a new bike. A better bike. The best bike. Brain-Cyg did one of those little cackling witch numbers, rubbing her hands together in delight at her foolish, even scheme.

Gremlin flashed Watson a Toto-thumbs up as he chomped on his very large rock. Good job! Keep trying!

Cyg came around the side of the bike to stand by Isaac again as he released another Pokemon-- an Aggron, who, bless her heart, had the same, weathered-edge, tired charm of Phiona. Just two big mommas, palling around. Real recognize real, Cyg thought, as the Kangaskhan looked impressively upon the large, domino-spotted beast.

Kiryu looked as confused as Cyg did as a pair of black shades fell into her palms; she bobbled them a bit, but managed not to crush them. She watched him… do whatever the fuck it was he was doing with just the tiniest bit of apprehension. “Ohhhkaaaay,” she said, dragging out the word as she clicked the sunglasses open, “but I should let you know that I’m slightly frightened.”

It was only when the flash of the sun made her wince-- even behind the glasses-- that she realized what he was doing. Sort of.

Oh, no. It was cute.

“Where were you when I was in high school?” she asked, having to swallow a snort of laughter.

She couldn’t wait to tell about this.

| <3
ground, grass, rock

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 3:36:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Probably farting around Lavaridge, doing nothing with my life," Isaac said, shrugging. The smile on Cygne's face and little snort of laughter she let out were almost infectious, and at these little signs of approval pride swelled up in Isaac's chest. "Clearly, I picked the wrong town to be born in. Things to keep in mind if I get a do-over, right?"[break][break]

He didn't keep the heat on Cygne for very long. He was just trying to warm her up, not roast her like a Thanksgiving Dodrio. He sidled over to her, gently setting a hand on her forehead to see how the progress was going. Almost there. Almost. Aaaaaalmost . . . there! Victory at last! He knew that feeling from anywhere.[break][break]

"Alright! You can open up now," Isaac said. There was mischief written all over his face and a triple digit fever on the thermometer he had been holding. "Goodness, Cyg. You're burning up! Haven't seen a fever this bad in ages. There's just no way you can go to work tomorrow, is there?"[break][break]

Even with Cygne already knowing the score, he still committed to the bit. Now that was dedication. "I can handle your spot on the Rocket chores for you. But I guess we're gonna have to break the news to your boss, huh?" he asked. "And make sure you sound, like, as much like a dying Croagunk as possible. We really gotta make sure she believes you. Talk out of your nose, not your throat, okay?"[break][break]

While the trainers came out to play, the Pokemon continued to be away. In this case, "away" was represented by Watson continuing to futilely gnaw at a massive grey rock. A massive grey rock covered in interlocking armored plates. A massive grey rock that was currently rising up on its stout, sturdy limbs, letting out a low rumble of warning all the while.[break][break]

A massive grey rock better known as a pissed-off Rhyhorn, who did not appreciate being munched on by a pair of stupid crocodiles.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]337 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 19:33:37 GMT
ana fell Avatar
She laughed at his choice of words because who in this day and age used the word farting unironically. He was full of surprises. He was so, very boring, as well, in the same breath. He kept making her laugh.

Oh no. Oh, no.

“People like us don’t get that,” she said, and she smiled while she said it but her heart was doing a weird squeezy thing that may have been a health concern on any other given day. People like me, she thought, but didn’t say, don’t get this.

It was, she thought as she felt his hand press against her forehead, the cutest, nicest, dumbest thing anyone had ever done for her. Of course, if she just asked Elisa for the day off, her boss would relent wholeheartedly. She didn’t need… all of this. Isaac didn’t know that. And here he was, Trickster King, helping her accost the rules to get what she wanted.

Because remember, that’s what she named as her dream? A day without alarms?

He was doing that.

“You’re such-- a dork,” she finally spat out, laughing. Laughing still. Laughing even as the desert writhed and a massive gray rock stood up and towered over Watson. Her laughter trailed away as Phiona hustled over the sand, rushing to protect the little Totodile, even though he wasn’t her own.

| <3
ground, grass, rock

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 4:06:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]There was so much Isaac wanted to say right now. But he couldn't. Not while Cygne was laughing like that. Fuck, did she always have such a nice laugh? It rang out as clear as a bell through the desert, and lit her face up with the brightest smile he'd ever seen her show off. Even from the first time they met, when he embarrassed himself in front of her like five times over, Isaac knew that she was the joyous type. But that paled in comparison to the Cygne he was seeing today. "A dork and proud," he said, the grin on his face as cheeky as ever.[break][break]

Shit, was he getting heatstroke? He felt . . . warmer than usual.[break][break]

Maybe that warmth was why he didn't let Cygne's earlier comment drop. "Though, what you said earlier? Bullshit," Isaac added, a resolute flash in his eyes complementing his grin. "You don't go running through the desert shouting 'fuck dads, fuck moms, fuck parents, fuck the world!' to just hop on some garish bike and putt-putt back to the same ol' same ol'.[break][break]

"You know who says what we do or don't get, Cyg? We do. And if the world has a problem with it, we just tell it to fuck itself and get out of our way."
[break][break]

Was this seriously coming from Mr. Wandered The Region Uselessly For Four Years? If he had this fire back then, he would've probably been the region champ by now. Yet, since joining Rocket, Isaac had seen so many people in the same position as him. League, Rocket. Young, old. Novice, expert. In this wartorn mess of a region, there were so many people that needed a spark to light their flame. And so many of them were people he cared about. Maybe in the process of trying to light their ways, Isaac had turned himself into an inferno.[break][break]

It was a good look on him. Isaac decided to keep it.[break][break]

Equally fired up was Kiryu, whose eyes sharpened as she heard Watson's shriek of distress. Phiona was quick to get the Totodile out of the way, leaving room for Kiryu to practically charge towards the Rhyhorn that was now stampeding across the stands. The two locked horns immediately, Kiryu's superior size, weight, and experience allowing her to quickly start bullying the other rhino back. She rose on both legs, lifting the Rhyhorn up and flinging it away. And then it was back, colliding with Kiryu in a shower of sparks. The second toss was easier than the first. The third was easier still. Yet the Rhyhorn just kept coming.[break][break]

It wasn't until Kiryu practically smashed it into the sands with an Iron Head that the Rhyhorn's energy finally started to ebb. Nevertheless, Kiryu couldn't help but look a little impressed at the Rhyhorn's dedication. What had started as a territorial charge had rapidly become an old longhorn sizing up a young up-and-comer, and honestly? Kiryu liked what she saw. She waved Isaac over, pointing at the Rhyhorn and pounding a fist into her palm.[break][break]

Isaac got the message immediately. "If Watson could make friends with half the desert, I'm not gonna say no to you," he said, smiling warmly at Kiryu. He tossed a Pokeball the Rhyhorn's way, both Pokemon and trainer eager to see the results.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]556 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]