Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 17:23:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Cygne wanted a demo? Well, she was gonna get one, alright![break][break]

Orre's bikes were well-built things that handled well on most types of terrain, but the desert was where they shined the most. After all, they were rugged enough to take on adverse conditions with no problems, skimmed across the sand like a shark swimming through water, and could reach speeds that let them make sick jumps over the dunes. Isaac may not have come here often, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to this.[break][break]

He crested through the desert, leaving billowing clouds of sand in his wake. His hair and jacket ruffled in the wind, the speed he was at kicking up enough breeze to make even the desert feel less harsh. How could anyone be behind the handlebars of one of these beasts and not feel like he could take on the world?[break][break]

Right now, his goal was speed. Cygne wanted to measure performance, so dangit, he was going to crank up that performance! By the fifth lap he'd return back to her, flashing her a cocky grin as he popped off his helmet. "See? Told you this thing kicked ass," he said, seeming more proud of the bike than he did of his own driving. "Watson's been filming from the sidecar, too, if you're looking for a more up close and personal look." As if on cue, the Totodile popped from the sidecar, merrily waving a video camera Cygne's way.[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]226 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 21:21:36 GMT
ana fell Avatar
She didn’t know how Isaac had talked her into trekking out into the middle of the desert to see him knock up dust on his ugly, belchy, pod-racing ass motorcycle. Oh wait, yes she did-- he’d said, I have a motorcycle, would you like to see it?

He also made her laugh, so that helped.

Still, she hadn’t been out here since the botched transceiver business with Nathara, and she didn’t particularly miss the place-- not the dry heat or the fierce winds. Even as Isaac made his fifth rip around, she still wasn’t entirely convinced the function of his bike outweighed the form. Not only was it uglier than sin, but it was a walking-- er, driving-- incendiary nightmare, what with the exposed and protruding engine block sitting at the front of the bike.

Something like 65% of collision happened in the front end of the vehicle. Just some food for thought.

“I actually didn’t see, because you were so fast,” she said, the sarcasm thick and heavy. She stepped around the massive eyesore, wincing every now and then, hands in the pockets of her shorts. She’d brought her tools and her own Totodile, Gremlin, whom she suddenly remembered at the mention of Watson.

“Phio, can you-- thanks,” she waved at her shiny Kangaskhan, who was dutifully carrying her kit. Phiona found Gremlin’s Pokeball and released him. He was large for a Totodile, and also dumb for a Totodile, which, in Cyg’s experience, was saying something. He grabbed a wrench out of Cyg’s tool bag and went to cram it in his jaws. Phiona snatched it back, then turned him around and pushed him away, like getting a reluctant agoraphobe to go outside.

“I don’t know, Isaac,” Cyg said, once she’d done her first one-over. “It’s fast and powerful but god help you should you ever crash.”
| ground, grass, rock
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 6:43:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KROOKODILE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ANGER POINT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER TRIP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HONE CLAWS
[attr="class","wildtabox"] COUNTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TURTWIG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERGROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEAF STORM
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 17:30:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]This was getting out of hand. Now there were two of them. And compared to Gremlin, Watson seemed more like Holmes. As Team Cygne wrestled the wrench out of the larger croc's jaws, Watson snuck up behind him and splashed him with a quick jolt of water. He then hopped away, encouraging Gremlin to give chase with a few rasping barks. It was time for some gator tag! That should at least keep the goofballs busy while the actual smart people in the room, and Isaac, got to work.[break][break]

Speed stats seemed less of a concern to Cygne than safety was. Oree bikes could handle a lot of adverse conditions, so at first Isaac didn't quite Get It. However, as he followed Cygne's gaze, he saw exactly what she was staring at.[break][break]

The engine.[break][break]

The three block, flame-spewing, completely exposed engine.[break][break]

"Holy shit," Isaac muttered as he looked at the front of the bike, as if seeing it for the first time. All those drag races on TV seemed safe enough, but now that Isaac was thinking logically about it he realized just why Cygne considered it to be a screaming metal deathtrap. "You know, in retrospect? Now the fact that I could afford this thing makes so much sense. Here I thought I just caught a lucky break." Orrean pawn shops: not even once.[break][break]

Regardless, Isaac came here with one purpose in mind. And he was quite focused on that purpose. So focused, in fact, that he didn't even realize that the group was being watched from afar. A Krookodile stared the group down from across the dunes, membranous eyes allowing it to observe from far across the sands. The Turtwig by its side strained to look, having a much more difficult time at seeing what its companion could.[break][break]

In fact, it would be the runaway Watson who noticed the duo first. He came to a halt, skidding in the sands fast enough to leave a tailprint trail in his wake. As he stopped, he did a few double takes, as if trying to confirm something. He then let out an excitable cheer, practically charging back over to where Isaac and Cygne were stationed.[break][break]

On arrival, Watson nearly bowled Isaac over, excitedly jumping up down towards his trainer. "Huh? What's gotten into you?" Isaac asked, cocking an eyebrow in curiosity as he went to pick the Totodile up. That was all the opening Watson needed to reach into Isaac's jacket pocket, snatching a pair of sunglasses right out of them. After doing so, he wriggled out of Isaac's grip and fell into the sand with a soft thud. Unphased, he clumsily arranged the sunglasses onto his snout and gave Isaac his best scary face. It wasn't very intimidating, especially with the sideways facing eyes of a Totodile. But he was doing his best![break][break]

This was behavior Isaac hadn't seen for a long, long time. As Watson went to charge off again, Isaac scooped him up, looking in the direction of the Totodile's squirming movements.[break][break]

As he saw the wild Pokemon in the distance, Isaac paled noticeably. "I, uh. I don't think that's Nero, buddy," he muttered to his rambunctious starter. As much as he tried to keep his light, easy tone, there was a hushed waver to it that he just couldn't swallow down.[break][break]

Of all the wild Pokemon species to find here, why did it have to be those?

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]226 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 17:32:10 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Gremlin jumped into the air at the offending splash, gargling in the classic, panicked Tototototototo, arms flailing; he landed and spun around, caught sight of the perpetrator, and beelined for him, tail and tiny arms thrashing behind him as he ran super fast.

Meanwhile, Cyg almost felt bad for the poor guy, as his face when from proud to crestfallen to fearful in short order. She sucked on the inside of her cheek and hummed in sympathy. Yeah, all those drag races on TV? Done in highly controlled, very short instances? Still very dangerous, even in highly controlled, very short instances.

“Yyyyeah,” Cyg offered, more than pleased to let him come to his own delusions. Er, conclusions. “It’s not… bad. It’s just, also, not safe.”

Back in baby crocodile land, Gremlin had not noticed Watson stopping, so great was his glee, and bowled into Watson as the smaller Totodile was coming back the opposite direction, sending Gremlin skyward and flopping and rolling down a dune. He landed at the bottom in a sandy puff, popping up like a Trapinch out of its hole.

The Krookodile looked down its nose at him, obviously disinterested, and took a step over the half-buried Totodile in the sand. As its tail slid overhead, Gremlin’s jaws went up and snapped fiercely around it, sinking deep into the muscle with a crackle of ice. The Krookodile yelped and broke into a sprint, chugging its arms to get its heavy body moving as its tail flailed and flopped around, with Gremlin’s teeth dug in for dear life.

Cyg watched Isaac with curiosity, now no longer worried about the deathtrap that was his motorcycle. Then, the Krookodile roared and started rushing towards them. “Oh,” Cyg said, almost bored; Phiona stepped in the Krookodile’s path, grabbed the beast by its shoulders and used circle throw to whip it around and then smash it into the ground.

The stunned ‘gator stared skyward for a moment before Cyg tossed a Pokeball to collect it.

She looked to Isaac, who was decidedly not bored.

“...you okay?”

| catch attempt krookodile
ground, grass, rock

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 18:17:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Of course Isaac wasn't okay! The ghosts of his past were staring right back at him. As he blinked, the impassively staring Krookodile stood next to an equally impassive looking man, the Turtwig behind them swelling into an old, weathered Torterra. The trio glared down their nose at Isaac, who practically shrank before them. Thd defiant spark that Idaac kept so close to his heart had been smothered out, replaced only by a web of cold that spread across his chest and shot througg his veins. In the heat of the desert, Isaac's sweat was as cold as ice.[break][break]

And then Cygne burst into his reality. Her team handled the Krookodile with ease, to the point where Watson started cheering from sheer hype and writhing in Isaac's arms. The Torrterra, now a Turtwig again, gaped in fear and took a few shaky steps back. Yet the man who lived in Isaac's head rent-free remained, expression as earthen as the Pokemon he specialized in.[break][break]

Isaac shook his head, shook the thought, forced himself back down to reality. It was a weight off of his shoulders. Or maybe Watson was that weight, the Totodile having slipped from his grip at some point. Frankly, he hadn't notice. He still didn't notice as Watson Screeched at the Turtwig in an intimidation display, only to stop as the poor tortoise was shellshocked. He didn't notice as the Totodile began goofing around to try and ease the Turtwig out of its shell, dancing around, pratfalling in the sand, and trying to juggle fragments of stone.[break][break]

No, it wasn't until Cygne addressed him directly that Isaac shook from his reverie. "Huh?" he asked, still in a daze. It was as if he didn't even know where he was. "Y-yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little shook up about . . . bike safety! Yeah! Just didn't hit me til now how much of a screaming metal deathtrap this thing is."[break][break]

Isaac lied as easily as he breathed. And right now, he had to fight for each breath.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 18:47:49 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Isaac may have been taking a very traumatic trip down memory lane, but Cyg had noooooo fucking idea what was going on. Watson was just-- jumping around in weird sunglasses and doing strange dances and Cyg, none the wiser, just chocked it up to weird Totodile things, yeah, weren’t they a funky bunch?

Phiona checked on Gremlin, who was none the worse for wear, while Cyg stepped over to Isaac. She waved her hand in front of his face and just barely held off on snapping her fingers. “Heeeey, buddy,” she tried, leaning into his field of view, “you in there?”

He shocked back into himself like electricity leaving a socket, eyes flashing open and rattling on about bike safety nonsense. Cyg pressed her lips into a thin line and looked at him under lowered eyebrows.

“I mean, you look like you’re about to have a panic attack, but okay,” Cyg said, unhelpfully. And sure, maybe, it really was Isaac realizing that every second he spent on this deathtrap of a motorcycle was a step closer to his own demise, but somehow, she doubted it. “Do you want some water, or something? Phiona!” Cyg turned to her Kangaskhan and waved her over; she crossed the space between in heavy steps and pulled a bottle of water out of her pouch, offering it to Isaac.

“Also, are you gonna catch that thing?” Cyg asked, pointing at the Turtwig.

| catch attempt krookodile
ground, grass, rock

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 19:07:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Panic attack? No, no, that was ridiculous! Sure, he was having some minor flashing back, a few repetitive thoughts, and the idea of getting near either of those two wild Pokemon was making his stomach churn, but. He was fine! Totally! The smile on his face was equal parts strained mask and cry for help.[break][break]

At the mention of a panic attack, he swallowed nervously. Maybe swallowing the water that he was being offered was a better idea. Was it normal for a bottle of water to practically be downed in a single gulp? Or for the plastic to come out slightly crushed at the end? He didn't notice. He was too busy finding his breath again. The water helped. It at least gave him something physical to focus on.[break][break]

His smile was a little less strained as he turned to Ceri. If anything, that just emphasized the pain in his eyes more. "Just . . . thought I saw a ghost," Isaac weakly managed to push out. A ghost of his past, maybe. A dead man, if by "dead" he meant "dead to him." To think, such a declaration did so little to change the man's sizeable footprint in Isaac's head.[break][break]

He hadn't even denied having a panic attack. Did he notice the omission?[break][break]

Catch a thing? Catch what thing? Oh, yeah. The Turtwig that Watson was practically holding hands with as he bounded up to Isaac, barking excitedly. That wasn't Augustus. They were much too small to be Augustus, even if they were the spitting image of him when he was younger. No, this was just some random desert turtle that Watson had . . . befriended? Apparently so, judging by how her shyness in the shadow of the trainers melted away with yet another silly Totodile face.[break][break]

How was socialization so simple for Watson? Without some sort of mask, be it his literal Rocket one or the comforting shield of sarcasm, Isaac had no idea what he was doing.[break][break]

Regardless, he fished a Pokeball out from his pocket, fumbling a little in the process. Watson grandiosely gestured towards the Pokeball, hopping away from his new friend and ushering her forward. Slowly, cautiously, she looked up at the ball, before taking a hesitant step forward. Then another. Then another.[break][break]

Once the distance was closed, she gave the ball's capture button a gentle bump with her snout.[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]398 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 19:50:15 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Isaac’s mien is like rictus in the face of a corpse-- decidedly pained and, Cyg realizes, completely malapropos for the wit and brightness usually playing out in his expressions. She definitely does not like it.

So when he rubberbands back into his own body from wherever the hell he was before, she wants to clap her hands, done and dusted, and get back to the problem at hand, i.e the insanity that was his stupid motorcycle.

He curses at her, and she grins back. There he is. But her grin falters as he shares the little tidbit about his dad; it turns into something afflicted-- her own diarrhea smile. He keeps talking and she’s listening, she really is, but her own mind is churning.

Slowly, like she can’t even believe her own body is doing it, she reaches out and puts a hand on his shoulder. Squeezes.

“My mom once told me,” she says, trying to pick the right words because this isn’t a competition, it’s just relating, “that she wanted me to choke and die.” As a baby, no less. Cyg’d been born with the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck, purple as a shiny Kecleon.

It meant she’d wished Cyg had never been born.

I’m never getting out of his shadow, am I?

She pushes on his left shoulder, grabs his right, and shakes him.

“Fuck your dad!” she says, violent and delighted and with a maddened grin plastered on her face because fuck that guy for draining the life out of him? “Fuck him! Who needs him? Not you!”

Then she tugs him close and throws an arm around his shoulders, fist-pumping the air as she declares, “Fuck all the parents!”

Gremlin to-TOs in solidarity, but Phiona hmmphs, arms crossed.

| skipping spawns
[/b][/div][/blockquote][/div]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2022 7:32:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOGOAT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAP SIPPER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HORN LEECH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MILK DRINK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWTH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DIGGERSBY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHEEK POUCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LASER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2022 12:00:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Diarrhea smile . . .?[break][break]

Part of Isaac wanted to be angry about his concerns being described like that. But how the hell could he be? Something about the phrase was so jarring that it snapped him back down to reality. The mental image was equal parts disgusting and hilarious, and Isaac started snickering as the faded, far-off look left his eyes. "Fuck you," he lightheartedly protested. "You're not fighting fair."

Nevertheless, what little smile he'd worked back up shrank away as the initial shock wore off. "Okay, okay. You're right," he admitted. "It's just . . . those were my dad's ace Pokemon. Well, I mean. He's not my dad. Believe me. He's made that fact very, very clear. I'm dead to him, and the feeling's mutual. But he was, for a while."[break][break]

The words were like stale, fetid ash on Isaac's tongue. He couldn't even bring himself to look at Cygne as he spoke. Instead, he kept his hateful gaze aimed at the sand.

"I know they aren't his-his," he said. "Claudius is way bigger and older than that Turtwig, for one. But . . . shit, seeing his first Pokemon and his current strongest, side by side like that, when I wasn't expecting it. I'd be lying if I said it didn't get to me."[break][break]

He sighed heavily, finally turning back to Cygne. His eyes, so bright with enthusiasm before, were dulled. His shoulders looked pressed down under waves of fatigued, as if the weight of the situation had been brought down upon Isaac. "Doesn't matter how far I go, how fast I go there," he asked. "I'm never getting out of his shadow, am I?"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 22:47:40 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Isaac’s mien is like rictus in the face of a corpse-- decidedly pained and, Cyg realizes, completely malapropos for the wit and brightness usually playing out in his expressions. She definitely does not like it.

So when he rubberbands back into his own body from wherever the hell he was before, she wants to clap her hands, done and dusted, and get back to the problem at hand, i.e the insanity that was his stupid motorcycle.

He curses at her, and she grins back. There he is. But her grin falters as he shares the little tidbit about his dad; it turns into something afflicted-- her own diarrhea smile. He keeps talking and she’s listening, she really is, but her own mind is churning.

Slowly, like she can’t even believe her own body is doing it, she reaches out and puts a hand on his shoulder. Squeezes.

“My mom once told me,” she says, trying to pick the right words because this isn’t a competition, it’s just relating, “that she wanted me to choke and die.” As a baby, no less. Cyg’d been born with the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck, purple as a shiny Kecleon.

It meant she’d wished Cyg had never been born.

I’m never getting out of his shadow, am I?

She pushes on his left shoulder, grabs his right, and shakes him.

“Fuck your dad!” she says, violent and delighted and with a maddened grin plastered on her face because fuck that guy for draining the life out of him? “Fuck him! Who needs him? Not you!”

Then she tugs him close and throws an arm around his shoulders, fist-pumping the air as she declares, “Fuck all the parents!”

Gremlin to-TOs in solidarity, but Phiona hmmphs, arms crossed.

| skipping spawns
ground, grass, rock

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 23:30:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac's eyes widened in horror at what Cygne had to say. "She what?" he asked, voice barely above a whisper. "How the fuck . . . why would she even . . . how dare . . ."[break][break]

He didn't even have time to process the thought. The gentle squeeze on his shoulder turned into a manic grip as Cygne tried to shake the sense back into Isaac. Or was she trying to shake the sense out of herself, too? Honestly, Isaac couldn't tell, but he didn't need to. He was all aboard this wild ride now. "Yeah! Fuck his deadbeat, favorite-playing ass! Who cares if I'm not his? My veins don't need that shitty blood in 'em!" Isaac cheered.[break][break]

"And y'know what? Fuck your psycho of a mom, too!" he continued. "I like my Cygnes perfectly not-strangled, thank you very much! And if she says otherwise? I'll fight her! I'm ready! Watson's ready! Bring it on!"[break][break]

By now, the two were arm in arm, fists pumped to the horizon and cheers echoing across the dunes. "Fuck every one of 'em!" Isaac agreed, before giving into the laughter that had been building in his gut all this time.[break][break]

He laughed away the pain of knowing that he wasn't his father's son, and his father's insistence on making that his problem.[break][break]

He laughed away the pain of knowing he'd never compare to his little brother.[break][break]

He laughed away the pain of knowing that nothing he'd put his mind to would bear any effort of worth.[break][break]

He laughed away the pain of knowing that he was alone; no plan, no resources, no goal, only a burning need to get Away.[break][break]

None of that mattered now, did it?[break][break]

Isaac's manic laugh, born of stress and pain, slowly ebbed down into a more warm, subdued, and genuine one. He leaned against Cygne a little, as if the recovery from his own strife had left him a little woozy. "Hoo boy. I . . . I think I needed that more than I thought," he said. "Thanks, Cyg."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]343 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 23:59:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PALOSSAND APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER COMPACTION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHORE UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHUCKLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUG BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHELL SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER TRICK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Gotta Go Fast! [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 21:01:52 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg lets her arm sink down to his lower back, holding him through the cathartic laughter, tugging him gently into herself as he gradually puts his pieces back together.

“You’re fine,” she says, surprised at the tenderness in her voice, “we all need a good freak out, now and then.”

There’s a loud BOOF and the two of them are sprayed with sand, ruining the moment, as Gremlin charges through a Palossand, scattering its granules and sending the little spinny spade at the crown of its head flying.

“Thanks, Grem,” Cyg says, grit in her teeth. She has the wherewithal to fish a Pokeball out of her pocket and direct the whirlwind of sand into it as the Palossand ties to form back together.

Cyg lets go of Isaac to wipe the sand off her face, brush it off her shirt.

“So, how long have you had this horrible deathtrap of a machine?”

| catch attempt palossand
ground, grass, rock