OH. IT'S YOU [DW]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
OH. IT'S YOU [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2022 22:02:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
a lot of bobby's time in the rangers feels like being passed from one member to the next like an especially hot potato, and she's sure some of it is universal. a pokemon ranger's job is important or whatever, and that means trainees need to be carefully monitored to make sure they're up for the task.

at least that's what one of the thousand bits of reading she'd been assigned said. but there's another aspect to it that is always there, chafing her.

she's not here of her own free will. she knows it and the organization knows it. it's practically a punishment -- a kinder one than what she was originally set to suffer but delivered to her for the same reason: there is a debt she owes society. and that fact feels more relevant than her greenness when it comes to how closely she's monitored. 

the worst part is it's fair. bobby knows if they gave her an inch she'd take a mile. she knows there's nothing tying her to all of this but obligation, and if she found a way to shirk that (pawning off her work, wasting time in transit, running back to a life of crime) she'd do it in a heartbeat.

that won't stop her from complaining though. when she's dropped in littleroot by one ranger and sent with all but a pat on the ass to go meet up with the next in her daisy chain of supervisors she doesn't go without a bit of a fuss.

she groans into the air while straightening her uniform shorts and jacket. still manages to waste time clipping her two pokeballs to different holders on her belt and switching her first aid kit from her right hip to her left. only then does she set off onto the route.

"oh mr. captain babysitter sir," bobby calls as she approaches the designated meeting spot, "i'm here for my lesson on how to like, get something out of staring at trees or whatever."

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,326 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
OH. IT'S YOU [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 14:33:01 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

despite being a ranger for more than a decade and also having rose in the ranks appropriately, they don't really tell ollie much. maybe they don't trust him quite yet — his paperwork from kalos is still coming through and they're still working on which city they want to fit him in at. or maybe ollie just doesn't pay attention when they give him an assignment.

[break][break] in his defense, it's a lot of reading.

[break][break] all he knows is that he's supposed to meet one of their newer cadets and show her the ropes. or rather, hang out with her to make sure that she didn't get into any additional mischief.

[break][break] and ollie was good at that! he'd babysat plenty when they'd been kids.

[break][break] "oh hey!" the elite ranger turns with a broad grin as @bobby comes into view. "magikarp, right?" or something like that. "you can call me ollie — no need for formalities here."

[break][break] he nods in agreement.

[break][break] "yeah — today we're just patrollin' the area. make sure the civilians are all good, and there aren't any forest fires we have to put out."

[break][break] metaphorical. probably. but unlike his time with , ollie had actually brought a water-type. so they were good there.

[break][break] "so," he says, after a moment of leading her down a path. "how you likin' the ranger life?"

[attr="class","ooc"] @bobby [break]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/14px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ollie3 blockquote u { letter-spacing:0.5px; border-bottom:1px solid; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
J8ABxJEn
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
OH. IT'S YOU [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 13:44:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
most of her time with the rangers has been defined by irritation; but there's something different about the spike of anger that runs through bobby the moment she sees ollie's face. it would be easy to blame it on the mistake he makes with her name (less of a mistake than he knows, but she's not going to say that) if not for something else running underneath the initial feeling. something almost like familiarity.

regardless, she does her best not to let it show. it's best to try and behave around the senior rangers if she can. she's not going to get a longer leash by snapping and tugging at it nonstop. so, she smiles and lets out a manufactured giggle at ollie's mistake instead of telling him to clear the tauros shit from his head and try remembering her name again.

"that's really funny," she lies shamelessly, "but no, it's just 'karp'; and if i'm going to call you 'ollie' you can just call me 'bobby'."

"i know the reason for my . . . employment . . . it isn't great. i still hope we can get along, though."

"getting along" might be easier than expected today. bobby takes her turn to nod along as ollie explains what they'll be doing; it doesn't sound all that bad. she could do without "patrolling" the boonies but it's better than picking up trash or talking to brats. both memories that are pulled closer to the surface by ollie's question.

"the ranger life is . . . "

she all but bites her tongue to keep her true feelings out of her answer. she mostly manages.

"well, i'm grateful for the opportunities it's presented."

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,326 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
OH. IT'S YOU [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 17:05:50 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

luckily for @bobby , ollie himself is incredibly tense. like super thick-skull numb-skull dumb. at least, when it comes to people who dislike him. it's almost as if he has a super power to not be able to perceive it.

[break][break] "oooh, okay! bobby sounds good to me!"

[break][break] he blinks, shaking his head. "nah, we wouldn't hold that against you. or at least i wouldn't. past is past, right?" he laughs a little, leading them down the park path.

[break][break] there's not much to see. at least, other than a few civilians mingling or a pokemon digging innocently through trash, so he focuses most of his attention on the conversation.

[break][break] "yeah!" he says enthusiastically. "it's great, right? there's so much you can do. and it's so great to be able to feel like you're making a real difference, huh? better than being buried behind a book or an office desk, if ya ask me."

[attr="class","ooc"] @bobby [break]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/14px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ollie3 blockquote u { letter-spacing:0.5px; border-bottom:1px solid; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]94Sia1Hh