[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"So you're the one babysitting me today, huh?" She hums, tilting her head to the right as her Luxray tilts his head to the left. "You don't really have to worry about what I'm doing today, it's nothing dangerous. I'm just tryna figure out a few things about pokemon, so you're welcome to just... sit around and watch, I guess?"
[break][break]
The way that she speaks probably doesn't garner her any sense of reassurance. And it sure doesn't help that a Zeraora seems to be going wild in the background, running and skidding across the training hall before seeming pouncing at air.
[break][break]
"Mitts is really energetic but I swear she wouldn't hurt anyone!"
[break][break]
And just as Eris says that, the Zeraora barrels right into her, knocking her right to the ground and disappearing to another corner of the room.
[break][break]
"S- she tries... not to..."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Smol Brain:tm:
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 16:13:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Yeah. Sure. Trying to figure out what Pokemon do. That was certainly a safe and not at all dangerous thing to do. Especially when one of those Pokemon was, you know, a Pokemon so rare that Isaac would've dismissed it as a rumor in any other circumstance. And now it was charging around the room like an Aipom on meth, energized enough to make Watson seem sedate by comparison. "Where did you even find one of these?" he asked, equal parts amazed and intimidated.[break][break]

The girl treated this legend more like a big, overly friendly dog who didn't know his own strength, not even stopping her speech as she hit the ground. Isaac was quick to dart over, check for any injuries, and help her back to her feet. "She's . . . really energetic, huh?" Isaac asked. "Maybe she just needs an outlet for it all? I mean. The sub's a big place, but its still just one sub. Maybe she's getting antsy trying to stretch her legs out."[break][break]

An idea struck. "Hey! Maybe that can be the first thing we figure out!" Isaac said. "I know the back half of the training room has some pretty heavy duty treadmills. Y'know, in case a real fast Pokemon or an Avatar's trying to break a sweat. Think if we get Mitts on it, we can find out how fast she can go?" There were even odds of either Zeraora actually tuckering itself out or having an insane adrenaline surge. With it already being so amped up, Isaac was willing to risk that coinflip.[break][break]

" 'Sides, while she's getting warmed up, maybe I can help you with the other stuff you're tryibg to figure out," Isaac offered. "I may not be science team myself. But I've been told I make a great firld study assistant."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,752 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 4:28:57 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I got her when a ranger said I could take one of em cubs after a summer tournament!! They said I got what it takes to raise it properly!"
[break][break]
But they probably hadn't anticipated this happening, had they?
[break][break]
"She does usually have a giant backyard to run around..." But she hadn't exactly been spending much time back home ever since Leon had begun spiralling further into his alcoholic ways. Who was she to blame him when she'd been the main cause of it?
[break][break]
Before she can afford to ponder any more of those thoughts, Isaac cuts in with a possibly dumb but also rather fun idea. She smiles and yet, restrains herself just that little to think about the consequences.
[break][break]
"I don't actually know what her max speed is... what if something breaks?"

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 4:44:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The Rangers really just gave a small child an entire-ass mythical Pokemon, huh? That was actually pretty punk. Isaac could feel his respect for the organization begrudgingly increase. But only a little! "And I bet you're doing a great job for her," Isaac said, smiling softly. "Trust me. If a Pokemon like that's sticking around, it's because it cares. And that's the mark of a great trainer in my books."[break][break]

It seemed Eris was equal parts into the idea and concerned about the logistics. Smart kid. Smarter than he was at that age, that's for sure. "The treadmill I'm thinking of should be Avatar-grade, so I think it'll be up to snuff," Isaac said. "And if somehow, anything goes wrong? I'll take the fall on it. Trust me, the only thing I'm better at than getting into trouble is getting right back out of it."[break][break]

Sure, getting out of it usually involved some combo of quick talk, paying the price later, and narrowly making it through hell by the skin of his teeth. But Eris didn't need to know that.[break][break]

"Besides, if the stuff really hits the fan, I've got some ways to try and help calm her down," Isaac said. "Sectonia and Adrenaline are wizards at all that aroma stuff. They work their magic, and boom! You'll have a nice, happy, drowsy myth ready for naptime." Probably. But no showing uncertainty in front of the child! For the duration of this babysitting stint, Isaac had to be an expert in every field. It was the only way to keep things running smoothly.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,752 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 22:10:25 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"O- oh... Thanks!!
[break][break]
How easily she crumbles to compliments, her presence simply radiating happiness as she gives Reiner a small hug to encourage herself.
[break][break]
"Nah, we'll share the blame! Cos then we also both can say that Mitts is the coolest and managed to destroy an avatar-grade equipment! Think of how cool that sounds!" She sure does have her priorities straight, whistling for the Zeraora to follow. Soon enough, with a lil help from her Rotom in navigating these halls, they're standing before the said treadmill with Mitts already sniffing at it.
[break][break]
All it takes is a single push of the button, a magic word that rattles the electric feline's brain.
[break][break]
"Run."
[break][break]
AND OFF SHE GOES

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 22:47:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]This was the worst idea Isaac had ever heard. He loved it. If he and Eris escaped this one without getting their asses handed to them, she so earned a ride on his motorcycle. A slow one. With a helmet and safety pads. But also a leather jacket and shades, so the safety pads didn't make her feel like a weenie.[break][break]

"I like the way you think," Isaac said, offering a hand for a fistbump. "Alright, then. It's official. All for one, one for all. Move over, science! Today we're doing science!"[break][break]

In this case, the role of science would be played by a colossal treadmill getting the shit kicked out of it by a catweaselmonkey. Damn. Mitts had moves. Okay, move singular. Left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, over and over again. But boy did she know how to use that one move really, really well. She blew right past Grunt level, and was now casually dashing at Manectric level without even breaking a sweat.[break][break]

"How're ya feeling, Mitts?" Isaac asked. "Ready for more?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,752 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 23:36:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There seems to be no limit to their madness, much less to Mitts' overflowing energy. So the challenge is met with a resounding yowl, her pace picking up as she draws closer to the starting point of the treadmill.
[break][break]
At least, until Eris reaches over to bump the speed by a level, by which her acceleration begins to taper out to match. Another yowl, another bump - The Zeraora is sprinting at speeds unmatched, electric trickling from every slam of her paw against the moving surface as she runs her heart out.
[break][break]
"I think she's fine at this speed for now!" Eris hums, grabbing her notebook and taking a peek at the counter before scribbling something down. Then she closes it with a light thump, fingers running over lightly blackened leather as she twirls her pen with her left hand.
[break][break]
But the work doesn't stop there, especially not when she hears a very familiar chirping from her little backpack. Within seconds of making her presence known, a white snout nudges her way out of the bag, flourishing green quills dripping as a Shaymin shakes herself out.
[break][break]
"Oh, good morning Azalea!! How was your nap?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 1:22:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The fact that Mitts was starting to run out of acceleration, yet nonetheless yowled for a greater challenge, was as terrifying as it was impressive. That Zeraora was a trooper. It was no wonder the Rocket Sub left the poor thing so restless! Isaac took a look at the speed setting on the treadmill, curious what the Zeraora was currently striving to match.[break][break]

. . . Mega Alakazam? For real? That was the systems third-highest bar for speed? Only beaten by a specially adapted Deoxys and some weird looking Regi-lightbulb? Isaac did not see that coming, but he wasn't about to argue with the treadmill. Especially not when standing too close was getting him jolted by both static and not-so-static electricity.[break][break]

"Yeah. Just look at her! She's having a blast," Isaac said, the smashing of the Zeraora's footfalls and crackling of electricity slowly ebbing back into white noise. It was amazing how quickly one got used to the world around them once the element of surprise wore off. Just like how Isaac got used to Eris having two mythicals in her possession.[break][break]

Wait. Two!? One double take later, Isaac confirmed that yes, there was a little Shaymin poking out from Eris' backpack. "Jeez, you've got seriously rare Pokemon under your belt, huh? And a seriously cute one, too," Isaac asked. He sincerely hoped that there weren't any greedy little shits on the sub that tried to bully them away from this poor child. But Mitts probably already shocked anyone who tried into the infirmary, so Eris was probably in good hands.[break][break]

Come to think of it, Eris was trying to research these guys, right? It probably made sense, considering they were so rare not even the Pokedexes had much information on them. "Anything you were looking to figure out about her? Or is she just chilling?" Isaac asked.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]308 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,752 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2022 3:39:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Oh, Azalea and Mitts aren't the only ones I've got. I've still got Mercury, my Meltan that evolved into a Melmetal! And Azzy, my Heatran! And Dain, my Zarude!" She's counting off her fingers as she talks, only ever stopping to give the Shaymin little scratches under her chin. "They're all cool in their own way! But they don't always listen or cooperate..."
[break][break]
Probably because she's barely figured out how to actually be friends with them.
[break][break]
"And uhm... so apparently, Azalea here has another form? Or evolution? And it kinda happened one day while I was planting flowers with Miss Eva!" To help with her explanation, Eris flips her journal open once more to the correct page, turning it around to show Isaac a sketch of the two forms - One more hedgehog-like, whereas the more seemed like a canid of sorts.
[break][break]
"I don't quite know what caused it, so that's what I wanna find out!"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2022 4:28:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac's jaw dropped a little more with each of the Pokemon that Eris brought up. Did she seriously just rattle off a near-full team of myths and legends? Holy shit, this kid was blessed by the random number Arceus. If he ever needed to win a game of chance, he was totally looking for her. "Wow," Isaac finally managed to say. "I'm not gonna lie, that is one seriously impressive team."[break][break]

Though they didn't all cooperate? Again, considering there were five mythical beasts and one single little girl, Isaac wasn't very surprised. But much like Zeraora, the fact that they were all willing to stick around nonetheless was a feat in its own right. "Well, when do they usually listen to you?" Isaac asked. "Every Pokemon's got a way of reaching them, y'know? It's hard, when we can't talk to them. But if you pay really, really close attention, their behavior and body language can say a lot about what they mean, y'know?"[break][break]

It was like showing his little brother training tips all over again. How ironic. If his little brother started his journey when he said he wanted to, he was probably already lapping circles around Isaac when it came to training.[break][break]

That was a big question, though. And Eris had just dropped a new one right on his lap. It was a hell of a question, too; a mythical Pokemon that changed forms? And one so small? It seemed unbelievable, but the proof was in the pudding. Something about Shaymin's other form was so distinct and different looking that it would've seemed like an odd choice to fake. At the same time, it was related enough that it wasn't clearly some unrelated Pokemon being drawn.[break][break]

"I can't say I've seen that before. But I bet it must've been impressive to see happen before your eyes like that," Isaac said. "Mind if you tell me everything special about that day? Like, anything different you and Shaymin did? What was happening when the little guy changed forms, and when he changed back? Then once we have some ideas, we might be able to do a little testing of our own, right?[break][break]

"Maybe we can even make it happen again."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]369 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,752 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 3:51:04 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"A team's only as powerful as their bond." She replies, quietly rubbing at her knuckles. "Mitts likes to fight, Azalea likes honey and gardens. Mercury likes metals while Azzy likes digging holes. I haven't been able to tell what Dain likes, cos he keeps running away when I try to see what he's up to."[break][break]

But he's been enjoying the little forest she's been working on so...[break][break]

"Mmm... we were tending to a little garden with someone else. And... hmm... Reiner was there. There was also a Gardevoir..."[break][break]

What else? What else had happened? They'd been honest to one another, she'd been thankful that was there for her. But those weren't exactly replicable conditions. At least, not ones that she could feasibly replicate right now.[break][break]

"There was Springtide Storm being present. The move that Enamorous gifted Reiner."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 4:42:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You're right. And knowing that's gonna make you a great trainer," Isaac said. Bonds were what got Pokemon working together like a well oiled machine. They were what helped Pokemon dig down into their true potential and transcend their limits. They were what helped a Pokemon and a trainer work properly in sync. A trainer properly bonded to their Pokemon could fight through an entire team's worth of poorly-treated Pokemon without breaking a sweat.[break][break]

Eris was already doing right by her team. But how could she connect to them? "Connecting with them over their interests might be a good start," Isaac figured. "If your other teammates give Mitts a good spar, she'll come to respect both them and you. Metal treats might help get Mercury's attention. Maybe if they've been really good, give them something really shiny or fancy. Azzy . . . do you think they might have a favorite hole? Having someplace deep and warm to rest on after a long day might be nice. And Zain could just be shy. Some Pokemon just need quiet and time, and then they'll come to you."[break][break]

For now, though, Azalea was the mon of the hour. Isaac wasn't surprised that it involved gardening. From what Isaac could see here, Shaymin seemed all about flowers. However, the mention of a legendary-granted move, specifically one related to the springtime, got Isaac's attention. "April showers bring May flowers," Isaac repeated to himself. A storm that heralded spring! Of course![break][break]

"Do you think being around that move caused Azalea to bloom?" Isaac asked. "Did anything else bloom in the garden when that happened? If so, we might be onto something here . . ."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights