WRITE REPLY

top 10 things that won't age well [past]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 4:51:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jupiter"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

jupiter shouldn't be so nervous about this. it had been more of an impulse decison, really, but that knowledge didn't exactly help that she was nervous. if anything, it served to make her nerves worse.[break][break]

because, yeah, she kind of wanted things to work out. but what happened if they didn't? what happened if they did? would she be expected to uproot her whole life in castelia city? would she be expected to fly on a plane? she had never even been on a plane, and the idea of it just scared her.[break][break]

chance, a pokemon her brother had given her as a good luck gift, was laying lazily on a chair- the chair she had been sitting at before she got up in favor of pacing. if the toxtricity is upset by her trainer's pacing, she doesn't seem to show it- honestly, jupiter is surprised the pokemon hasn't jumped up to bite her by now.[break][break]

she's just lucky chance hadn't decided to nibble on her before the big show, so she had at least been bite-free by the time everything had happened. whether she would be now, though, was a different story; one that that only served to worry her worse, if her pacing around the room said anything. .

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bolt"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".jupiter"]--accent:#4592d9;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Labyrinth

she/her
June 6
Castelia city, unova
lesbian
Popstar
Grunt
i wanna be a silk flower, like i'm never gonna die
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @orchid
orchid bellerose
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 5:32:50 GMT
orchid bellerose Avatar
it takes everything in orchid to prevent herself from beginning to pick at her nails, which had been carefully done only days before. her nerves were almost getting the better of her. her maintenance of her nails meant that all of her nauseatingly nervous energy was redirected to her leg, though, which bounced up and down rapidly.

she needs this, they need this. sure, in theory, she could go off, become a solo act, do it without this whole duo-process. she already had an agent lined up for that, one that really only handled single musicians. but she doesn’t want that. she likes jupiter.

remembering her companion, she looks to him. they don’t seem to be doing any better, pacing back and forth in front of the couch. seems they both had some issues with waiting. she could hear little tip taps on the tile, and looked down to see the source; quartz had decided to follow jupiter as they paced, her little claws clacking on the ground. she didn’t seem to realize that jupiter was moving with no intent of going anywhere.

sitting up, she moves to the laptop on the table before her, giving it another refresh. nothing still. no news of denial, acceptance, or anything in-between. dear god.

“it’ll be okay,” she says out loud, not sure whether she’s trying more to reassure jupiter or herself, “we’ve totally got this.” she isn’t so sure, in reality.

she reaches for guppy, who had been curled up close to her. dragging the small creature into her lap, she places a hand on her and pats, hoping it’ll bring some sort of grounding reassurance.
@jupiter

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 6:04:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jupiter"]
[attr="class","luck"]

even with his pacing, jupiter can tell that orchid is just as nervous about this as he is. he doesn't know if that makes him feel better or worse, honestly- orchid seems better prepared when it comes to stuff like this. he admires that about her, honestly- if not for his own nerves, it would come as a comfort.[break][break]

it takes a second for him to process the tiny taps on the tile behind him, and he pauses to see the source; quartz, following him as he paced. a tiny, half-nervous laugh escapes him and some of his nerves dissipate at the sight as he moves to scoop the vulpix up and flop on the couch with her in his arms.[break][break]

he still feels restless, but the fox pokemon is enough to offer some sort of reassurance, unlike his own. chance huffs at them, seemingly not about to move from her spot, and then finally stirs- just to half-curl up with her back turned to them. the traitor.[break][break]

"i hope so." he doesn't want to admit that's part of what he's nervous about, but it's orchid. if this does work out the way they want, she's going to be part of a duo with him. "this is going to sound sort of silly, but that's...part of what i'm worried about. i've never actually been traveling, and if we actually get popular..." .

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Labyrinth

she/her
June 6
Castelia city, unova
lesbian
Popstar
Grunt
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @orchid
orchid bellerose
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 7:09:32 GMT
orchid bellerose Avatar
as jupiter picks up little quartz, orchid cracks a small smile. it’s a cute sight, the little pink vulpix in his arms. they seem slightly less nervous while holding quartz, and orchid makes mental note to give the tiny ones some extra treats later, for being such good emotional support.

leaning back against the cushions of the couch, she’s careful to make sure jupiter and quartz have enough room. guppy could be a space-hog sometimes, so she keeps her firmly grasped in her arms.

orchid pauses at jupiter’s admission. they hadn’t really thought that far ahead, at least in terms of negatives. usually, when thinking about a potential future as one-half of a famous duo, they could only think in positive terms. but jupiter brings up a valid point, and it makes even more sense when he mentions that he’s never been traveling.

she hadn’t been many places herself, mainly just across unova a few times, but she’d visited a couple other regions briefly to check in on relatives.

“hey,” she scoots towards jupiter a little, “that’s… that’s a fair point. it’s scary to think about what might happen,” she admits. “but… i think we’ll get used to it. together. we won’t even be alone, we’ll have each other to rely on as we figure everything out. could even be fun, like an adventure of our own. and traveling isn’t that bad, it’s mostly just annoying… a lot of waiting, honestly. and fans, popularity, are scary, i don’t have a great response to that part, but i think it’s one of those things that’ll get better with time.”

they hesitate for a moment, “and there’ll be a lot of good amongst the bad and stressful,” they reassure. “nothing is ever perfect, right? and the payoff… it’ll be great, jupiter.”

they don’t think it over much before they place their hand next to jupiter’s, on quartz, and try to give them a reassuring look.
@jupiter

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 16:22:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jupiter"]
[attr="class","luck"]

quartz doesn't seem to mind being held, from what jupiter can tell, and at least having something in their arms serves to help give them something else to focus on- even if a part of them is still nervous about the upcoming email.[break][break]

if they even got one, that is. he doesn't know how these things work, not really, but it makes sense that they wouldn't get an email if they were forgotten about. somehow, they hate the idea of that worse than the fear of traveling.[break][break]

orchid pauses a little, just for a second- but a second is all it takes for jupiter's worries to come flooding back. what if they were right, after all, and traveling is something they'll hate? they don't like the idea of leaving orchid to do this all on her own, but leaving their life in unova behind is just as terrifying.[break][break]

her words are encouraging, though- at least enough to redirect jupiter towards the positives if things do work out. "you have a point." and, because they're having a genuine moment, jupiter bites back a teasing this once. orchid is trying to comfort them, after all- the least they could do is be nice in return.[break][break]

"i guess being so nervous is a normal thing, too. it's a big decison." it's mostly to comfort himself, honestly- reason through his nerves before they get too bad. [break][break]

orchid moves to put her hand next to his, and jupiter doesn't really think about it before they scoot closer, with quartz still in his lap. it makes it easier for orchid, and....he doesn't know. maybe it's those remaining nerves, but he wants to be closer to her anyways. .

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

Labyrinth

she/her
June 6
Castelia city, unova
lesbian
Popstar
Grunt
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @orchid
orchid bellerose
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 11:01:15 GMT
orchid bellerose Avatar
orchid lets out a small laugh at jupiter’s concession, “i do. i always do,” she says.

her smile fades again, not in a bad way, just in a shift of tone. “it is,” they say, surprisingly, suddenly softly, “it’s a massive one. lifechanging, even. we’re in it together.” she pauses, “i’m glad you could talk to me. that you do.” and she is. she’s happy jupiter felt they could open up to her about this — she knows it’s not the easiest thing to do, and she wants to make it clear to them that she’s a person he can come to. always. she’s undoubtedly got a soft spot for them already.

“i’m here for you. really. and if it ever becomes too much, i’ll still be there. just gotta talk to me,” still softly speaking.

it doesn’t slip past orchid that jupiter’s shifted closer now. she takes this as a sign of approval, a way of letting her know that their closeness wasn’t bothering jupiter. she shifts her hand onto jupiter’s gently. she only rests it there for now, giving jupiter opportunity to move away.

in this moment, she almost forgets all about the email, despite the open laptop sitting in front of them. it’s incredible, really, how easily distracted she could be.
@jupiter

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 4:48:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jupiter"]
[attr="class","luck"]

"i don't know about always." despite their words and their previous worries, their tone is lighthearted- overwhelmingly fond, even, if orchid pays enough attention.
[break][break]
orchid's smile fades, and jupiter wonders, worries, that they've done something wrong. that maybe orchid will decide that she doesn't want to make this decision with them- that someone else would be better suited for it, that she doesn't want someone that worries about this all the time-
[break][break]
with the way jupiter was worrying, it almost seems like they're getting married; they almost laugh at the thought, but orchid....orchid is trying to reassure them, so gently, and whatever amusement they had felt at the idea fades into that fondness for their friend again.
[break][break]
"you know the same goes for you, right? like you said- we're in this together." they think, then, that the least they could do is be there for orchid. they want to be there for her, however they can- for however long their group, if it even picks up, lasts, and hopefully beyond that.
[break][break]
they don't notice orchid move her hand until it's resting on theirs, but...it's nice. their nerves completely forgotten, even with the open laptop, they think they could just enjoy small things like this- them, their friend, and the vulpix on their lap in peace. .

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights