TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 7:58:18 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Say whatever you want. Bongo and Sawyer liked the beach, and the duo wore their shades on this sunny day, lookin gucci. What a good day for a swim. Not for either of them, they liked the sun too much. Standing in his white open shirt, Sawyer pushed his shades up, much like Bongo did. They were in sync. Probably due to their bond.

"Bongo. We have a Dracovish to help. You're gonna help me?" Sawyer asked, getting onto a knee as he dug it into the sand. In return, Bongo responded the only way he knew how; by blowing on his kazoo in the tune of Smashmouth's All Star.

Where Bongo learns these things, Sawyer has no idea. He never sees him listen to music, but just the other day, he played Don't Stop Believing on this little kazoo.

Sawyer pet Bongo on the head, the chimp making a grin, as he got onto his feet, pulling out his smokes and lighting one up, taking a drag. Oh, sweet nicotine, how he missed it. "Alright... let's find our man." Sawyer began to walk, as from behind, he could hum it in his head. She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb...

He missed the stick, but he supposed, it didn't make good noise on the sand.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#00BFFF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 11:58:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The thing about Dracovish was that "in need" was kind of their default state.[break][break]

Sometimes, it was their snuffly breathing making it sound like they were simultaneously suffocating and drowning, whether on land od on water. Sometimes it was their lack of limb, which made it seem impossible for them to stand from a laying position until suddenly they could. Sometimes it was the fact that their poor motor skills and legendary clumsiness made even the most tame of situations seem like disasters.[break][break]

In this case, it appeared to be a choking hazard. A Dracovish's eyes bulged out of its head as it staggered from side to side, an entire watermelon clapsed between its jaws. Its snuffly breathing only grew more and more intense with each second, all as the watermelon quivered inside of its mouth.[break][break]

Yet Ashley wouldn't need to fear for long. With a shiver, a quicker, and an earth-shaking CRACK, the watermelon exploded gloriously in the Dracovish's mouth. Shell fragments, pulp, and the occasional inexplicable perfect slice rained from above as Dracovish gleefully chewed up whatever was left.[break][break]

Interestingly enough, Ashley would also see that the Dracovish wasn't alone. A Totodile burst from the waters, dashing up to Dracovish and pointing to a slice of watermelon that it was holding. First, it pointed to the green shell and white rind. After doing so, it shook its head, making a gagging sound. Then, it pointed to the sweet, red flesh. This time it nodded eagerly, giving a few rasping barks of approval. To emphasize the point, it then took a big, hungry bite of the slice.[break][break]

How curious. It was almost as if the Totodile was teaching it how to eat.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 20:23:37 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
To say he had never seen a Dracovish choking on a full-sized watermelon, was a huge understatement. This was the target, the Dracovish that needed assistance and help, and with Bongo next to him, the kazoo would hit the sand as fast as his cigarette did, the two standing in shock first. Then intense worry.

Sawyer began rushing towards the Dracovish, Bongo snatching the kazoo from the sand as he followed. Choking to death wasn't gonna look good on his resume, but he was much more worried about this Pokemon dying on the beach. "HEY. HEY HEY HEY. Portion size, big guy! Portion size!" Sawyer attempted to close the distance, Bongo following behind and attempting to blow his kazoo like a lifeguard whistle, loud as he possibly could for a chimp with lower lung capacity.

With the earth-shaking crack, however, his fear washed away with the waves, as the watermelon exploded within the jaws of the beast, leaving Sawyer to sigh in relief. It looked to be happily chewing now.

Why did he take this job? This was a heart attack and a half.

When the little Totodile followed suit, the little gator bursting from the water, it began communication with the fossil Pokemon. It was fascinating, that this Totodile was so smart. It was teaching the Dracovish how to eat, and the Dracovish was nodding in approval, or shaking its head in disapproval. "Well I'll be, looks like my job is being done by the gator." Sawyer's arms were crossed, a toothy grin on his face. "You two have a trainer somewhere around here?"

To the tune of Jurassic Park now, would Bongo begin playing the kazoo. That was... apt.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 0:04:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Watson, upon hearing the man's commentary, perked up a little. He turned, then fired the best pose mimicry he could work up in response; folded arms and a big, toothy grin. Was he taking pride in stepping up to a big boy human job? Or was he just following along as he saw it? It was hard to say.[break][break]

At the mention of a trainer, however, the little croc perked up. That's right! He did have a trainer! He wasn't just any Totodile: he was a Watson, and he had an Isaac! He let out a bark of affirmation, then reached up to snatch the other trainer by the hand. Upon doing so, he'd begin excitedly running and hopping towards the direction of where Isaac was. The Dracovish would follow in his wake, his body practically flopping backwards as his legs moved faster than his head did. It was equal parts comedic and disturbing.[break][break]

Poor Isaac didn't even know he had become Slateport Beach's most wanted. Right now, he was just sunbathing on the beach with his Aggron, taking advantage of the steely guardian's iron plates to basically serve as tanning mirrors. "Holy shit, I should've thought of this ages ago," he groaned, very much enjoying the feeling of warmth being beamed directly into his body.[break][break]

He didn't expect Watson to excitedly bound into his arms.[break][break]

He definitely didn't expect the Dracovish to follow his lead.[break][break]

Where Ashley once saw a boy and his croc, now there was simply a massive fish-beast faceplanted in the sand. Ow.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]257 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 1:16:46 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The little gator would grin, Sawyer enjoyed grinning back. This was his kind of Pokemon! But once he mentioned the trainer, the croc snatched his hand and began running, Sawyer being pulled along, with the Dracovish having an extra passenger attached to his body, with Bongo making more kazoo sounds. More music, but still that 'holy shit, dinosaur' one.

Running through the sand, Sawyer used his free hand to keep his sunglasses up best he could. The croc knew where he was going, which meant that the client would be nearby. And with the view of the giant steel monster known as Aggron in the distance with a blonde beneath, he made a whistle. "Bingo, little man." The blonde must be the trainer. He was tanning. Smart usage of the mirrors.

However, as he let go of the Totodile, the gator hopped into the man's arms... and soon after came barreling the fish-beast. Train wrecks looked less tragic than this.

Getting his carton of cigarettes out, he fixed to relight the one he had dropped in the sand, and proceeded to take another drag of nicotine, while Bongo, holding onto the kazoo, would play Danny Boy.

Seriously, where did he pick up this crap?

With a delighted sigh, he eyed where the blonde had been. "You uh... you good?" Sure, he could've helped Isaac out, but if he died to a Dracovish slamming into him, the guy probably didn't have a long life expectancy as is. Still, if and when he saw Isaac, he'd pat the Dracovish twice on the side. "Scuse me, big guy. That's my client." Only to extend a hand for the blonde, intending to salvage him from the wreckage of the fish tank that was the Dracovish. "Lemme help you there. Ashley Sawyer. You can call me Sawyer. I'm here to talk about the Dracovish? You seem to have your work cut out for you."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 1:59:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'm okay," wheezed Isaac. Between the squanched ribs and the bigass fish currently covering his entire body, his voice was barely audible. However, aside from the strain, he sounded like he was in good spirits. "Takes way more than that to kill me."[break][break]

A few pats on the side were the sign for the Dracovish to get up and give Isaac a breather. It let out a gurgle of understanding, then proceeded to get off by rolling right off its trainer. The poor guy was pancaked even more now, but at least he could breathe. The Dracovish wasn't so lucky. Upon rolling off of Isaac, he was left flat on his back staring up at the sun. With no limbs and no knees, the poor guy was having a hell of a time standing up.[break][break]

Sighing and rolling his eyes, Isaac popped to his feet. "Alright, alright. I got ya, you big goofball," Isaac said. He turned to Kiryu, who Autotomized a metal plate off of her tail right on cue. Isaac took the plate, then offered it to his Dracovish, who chomped down on it with reckless abandon. With a heave, a ho, and a back-breakingly hard tug, Isaac managed to give enough counterweight to help the wayward Pokemon back onto its feet.[break][break]

No wonder Sawyer said it seemed like Isaac had his work cut out for him! "Yeah. Bunch of coworkers handed me this fossil and told me it'd turn into a really cool Pokemon," Isaac admitted. "Though, y'know what? Fuck 'em, I think Grimace here is pretty damn neat. Kinda reminds me of Watson, if he was bigger."[break][break]

Wait. Isaac glanced from Grimace to Watson and back again. Then he groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Oh god, there's gonna be a two of you," he muttered, the realization finally hitting him. In response, Watson and Grimace could only offer their biggest smiles.[break][break]

With that, Isaac turned to Swayer, grinning. "Aaanyway. You already met these two. And I'm Isaac. Nice to meet ya," he said, sticking out a hand for a shake. "And, hoo boy, yeah. I've seen a lot of misfit Pokemon in my time, but. Man. We're really on another level here."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]368 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 6:25:55 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Least the guy was made of stronger stuff. That was a relief, even though he knew the guy was already. That's some pretty rotten luck. Sawyer could relate, not that he wanted to think about it too much. As he pushed up his sunglasses, watching Isaac push back over his Dracovish. The wonderful lug got to their feet again, by help of the metal plate off the Aggron's tail. It was a spectacle. Intriguing, almost.

"Ah. Right..." What kind of coworkers handed him a fossil, anyways? What, was the guy into archaeology? He didn't seem the type. What did Sawyer know though, he wanted to style hair. Who cared about that junk. What matters is that the blonde liked him. Though his revelation... that had Sawyer in a bit of stitches. He began to chuckle, putting a hand over his face.

Not like he could complain. Bongo was very much the same way. A gremlin, who happened to know way too many older songs that the guy hadn't even taught him. An idiot savant, Sawyer might call him.

Grabbing his hand once offered, he shakes it with a strong grip, a few tattoos over his own left arm to his elbow, with a beamed toothy grin right at him. "Likewise, Isaac... we hit the jackpot on these idiots. But they're our idiots." His silver eyes looked down to Bongo... who would walk to Watson, holding the kazoo out.

The chimp would blow into it, and begin to blow to the tune of Rick Astley, effectively rick rolling the gator, before holding back out the kazoo. He was attempting to teach the Totodile how to make music.

This didn't bode well.

"So, Isaac. I'm here to help you with your Dracovish... was about to give it CPR, since it was choking on a full-size watermelon until just a moment ago... maybe we should teach it portion control first?" With a concerned brow raise, he looked at the lovable loaf, craning his head back, silver eyes effectively looking for a response. Though... a part of Sawyer knew it might not matter.

Meanwhile, pulling out the stick, that Sawyer swore Bongo left at home, Bongo began to give Watson a beat.

Oh sweet Arceus.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 6:44:42 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Heh. I like the way you think," Isaac said, returning the grin and the handshake alike. The two had a heck of a grip on that shake! Considering how much trouble their partners got into, though, it was clear that was a necessary defense mechanism.[break][break]

For instance, right now! Watson accepted the recorder, giving it a curious look as Bongo gave him a little demonstration. And then came the beat. Oh, yes! This was happening! Loudly and proudly, Watson began tooting into the recorder. His stubby little arms couldn't really reach the buttons, and he was quite off pitch and tempo, but it was clear that he was having a blast playing. He hopped up and down in time to the song he hastily strung together. Soon, Grimace had caught wind, the Dracovish swaying its head from side to side in a dance of its own.[break][break]

Yeah. These things definitely needed help.[break][break]

"Huh? Choking?" asked Isaac, tilting his head a little as he tried to figure out what Sawyer meant by that. "Oh! Weirdest thing, I think it just kinda breathes that way. It gets really snuffly on land, and really bubbly on the water. I kinda think it'd got, like. Both gills and lungs? Evolution must've been real, real weird over in Galar."[break][break]

"Still, can't say I'd mind some care tips. Whatcha got for me?""

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 8:51:11 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The band was playing. Bongo on percussion, Watson on the kazoo, and Grimace gave a little dance, and to tell truth, they were so charming despite being offkey and ridiculous, that Sawyer almost forgot, just a moment, that any help was even needed today. The Dracovish looked happy, what could he possibly advise? Nah though, the silver-haired man needed to at least try and help.

"Really? Huh, what do I know then... maybe he had it handled." Sawyer said, attempting to find anything he could to try and help with this big lug. Still, the portion size might help, especially considering it was a big damn watermelon.

No, Watson taught it what it liked to eat, it was at least a courtesy. "I would just keep an eye on Grimace, personally. Its eyes were bulging out when it was eating the watermelon, and I feel like it might have choked. Feed it smaller stuff... hm." Sawyer was thinking for a moment. There were probably some fish it could go eat. Small fish, at that, for some portion control. It would also give Sawyer a chance to see Grimace in action unda da sea...

"Mind if I see how it breathes underwater?" All of this now said to the beat of Final Countdown- Sawyer swiveled around to his little jukebox of a chimp. "HOW?" Bongo stuck out his tongue, continuing the beat with his wood stick, using one hand to bonk it like a wood block.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 18:32:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Realtalk, man? I have no idea what he has handled at any given moment," Isaac admitted. "It feels like it's always, like. A moment away from disaster. But then it walks out of those disasters without a scratch on it. I can't tell if it's helpless, invincible, or both."[break][break]

Isaac could feel eyes burning a hole in the back of his head. "Huh? What's with the look, Watson?" he asked, the irony in his words lost on him.[break][break]

Sawyer wanted to see Grimace in action, it seemed. No reason not to oblige. "Sure thing! C'mon, Grimace, follow me," Isaac said, heading into the water. He swam out, the Dracovish excitedly flopping after him. They got further . . . and further . . . and further . . . until soon, Isaac was bobbing up and down fairly far into the tides.[break][break]

Dracovish was nowhere to be seen. At least, not until Isaac pointed to the froth of bubbles rising to the surface in front of him. "That's how I can tell where he is," Isaac said. "Though if you look real close, you'll notice something real strange. See, look?" Isaac sawm a bit to the side to make room, pointing at the waves.[break][break]

Rather than swimming, Grimace was running on the ocean floor. At the very least, the buoyancy of the water was helping him out with the whole head placement thing. Instead of flopping backwards, he was standing up straight, running across the sandy sea floor in great leaps and bounds. It almost looked like he was in his element, even if each gasping breath left bubbles kicking up to the surface.[break][break]

"Pretty weird, huh? I don't think I've ever seen him actually . . . y'know. Swim."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 9:52:46 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
He couldn't help but laugh a little. It was funny, to say the least. He didn't know whether it was one coming from his pity well, or it was just amusing. Pity for the Dracovish, anyways. This guy was alright. Spoke his mind. No sugarcoating it either, and Sawyer respected that. Though the way that Totodile seemed to stare a hole through him... Sawyer wondered, just a moment, if this was a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

As Isaac swam out to show him, Sawyer threw off his open shirt and dove in himself, to come watch the show. Meanwhile, Bongo kept playing with Watson, attempting to lay down a fresh beat for the gator, in an attempt to go platinum together.

Grimace, on the other hand, as Sawyer entered the cascading waves flowing to and frou from the beach, was nowhere to be seen. The silver-haired man felt himself pull off his shades for just a moment, as he seemed to be concerned, diving his head into the sea. With his hair, the worry washed away as the fish was walking on the ocean floor.

Pulling his head back from the ocean, he had to respond to Isaac's comment. "No kidding..." He wanted to be concerned... but he merely perked up, swimming to shallower land. "Come on then. He seems... fine."

What other word can you give a ancient fish who runs in water? Fine was probably a compliment, and the best kind to give such a beast of the sea. Even if Sawyer was left more confused than not. Maybe that unorthodox nature lent to a more naturally weird character. Maybe that was okay... Sawyer could only hope that he wasn't a choking hazard. Sawyer could only hope it grew out of its water running.

And yet... why go that far? Grimace was a strong fish. "You know... maybe I shouldn't judge the guy. He's weird, but being weird is cool these days." He brushed the wet silver hair from his face, replacing his shades, beaming towards Isaac. "He's a good one. Like his Trainer." A compliment. Weird wasn't bad. People loved to say differently, but what did they know?

"Come on, get the big guy out of there. He like belly rubs?"himp. "HOW?" Bongo stuck out his tongue, continuing the beat with his wood stick, using one hand to bonk it like a wood block.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 16:00:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You think?" Isaac asked, tilting his head quizzically. "I mean. You're right. It seems to be getting on just fine. But sometimes its like it really, really has no idea how to be a fish. Or a dinosaur. But maybe that's okay, y'know? Even if it sucks at being either of those, it seems like it really likes being itself. Maybe that's all it needed to be."[break][break]

Something about saying that left Isaac's throat closing up. He coughed, blushing and averting his eyes.[break][break]

Perhaps a good thing, too. He was just in time for the show! A Krabby crawled along the ocean floor, and Grimace saw his opportunity to strike. He charged off at, frankly, nightmarish speeds, letting out a gurgling war cry that sent ripples through the ocean. As he ran, he began spinning his entire upper body, head swiveling around in a lightning-quick Brutal Swing. The Krabby didn't even stand a chance, being battered about and sent flying away. Grimace was quick to follow, stooping down to pluck the fallen crab off of the ground in its jaws.[break][break]

Once it reached land, Grimace tossed the dazed crab into the air, catching it in its jaws on the way down.[break][break]

"Well, uh. That's portion sizes for you!" Isaac said. "God, I really hope it didn't throw that entire-ass watermelon before eating it."[break][break]

At Sawyer's compliment, Isaac couldn't help but smirk a little. "You're not half bad yourself," he said. "I mean, anyone whose Pokemon is having that much fun being with them is a cool guy in my books, y'know? Deep in his heart, Isaac knew anyone who could get a Grookey's eyes lighting up like that couldn't be a bad person.[break][break]

That said, Isaac wasn't the only one vying for Sawyer's attention here. At the mention of belly rubs, the poor guy would find the sun blotted out. Grimace was looming right over him, wheezing expectantly.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 6:16:12 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The entirety of the Krabby catastrophe leaves Sawyer at a loss for words, his eyes hidden behind the sun shining just oh so perfectly enough to shroud his shock. Lips parting, he would stare uncomfortably too long at the Krabby in its jaws, before Isaac yanked him quite hard back to his senses. With a hand running through his silver hair, he rubs his neck and nods. "Can't argue with results. Methodology bee damned."

When the blonde smirked, so too did Sawyer. A shared moment of enjoyment in each other's presence... until the sun blots out.

By that, Grimace completely eclipsed it over him, as Sawyer heard the wheezing that came from behind him. When he looks up to the lovable lug, he smiles. Thankfully, the fish wasn't too much bigger, as his hand rests on the belly, as he begins to give the ancient fish a belly rub. "You gotta slow down when you chow, big guy. Got it? If something happened to you, who would keep your Trainer safe?" He knew Totodile could, but as he runs his hand over the belly, he thinks about it for a moment, stopping.

Yeah... if they die, like that, we'd be sad... same principle other way around.

He gave a somber smile to the thought, Bongo now tugging on his shorts. Sawyer takes a second, picking up the little chimp, as he places the monkey towards Grimace to pat the fish too. "This is Bongo. You both are friends now."

Bongo bonks Grimace with his wood stick. He grins, squeaking in Sawyer's hands.

Yup. Friends.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 13:06:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Hey, I'll have you know I make that job very hard for them," Isaac joked as Sawyer commented on Grimace's responsibilities. "But maybe that's a good thing. Clearly, if they can handle my bad luck, they can handle anything."[break][break]

Not that Grimace had the brain cells or general awareness to discuss luck and pluck today. He was far too busy enjoying the belly rubs, beady eyes bulging and purple tongue lolling as he wheezed excitedly. It was a little bit gross and a lot bit adorable. What a strange, strange creature.[break][break]

Grimace giggled as Bongo bonked it with his stick, the little bit of content enough to get the Dracovish's flexible neck swinging around like a tetherball. Its grin was bright and excitable, and it responded by gently bonking the Grookey back with its own forehead. All the while, Watson merrily played . . . something indescribable on the recorder, a nice little bit of background noise to herald the meeting of many new friends.[break][break]

"You know? I think this is really the best help you could give the guy," Isaac admitted. "A lot of people seem kinda . . . well, y'know. Alarmed. But look how happy it is to have a friend!" The Dracovish was practically dancing in place, wheezing a little with every footfall. It may not have been able to help how it had been born, but it sure was happy to be alive.[break][break]

A cheeky grin spread across Isaac's face. "Clearly, that means you gotta keep hanging out with us to make sure the job's done."

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Just Keep Swimming [M]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 22:51:18 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Job never felt done, but then it never felt like a job. Grimace was being pet, his belly rubbed profusely as Sawyer did what he could for the ancient fish. When its tongue lulls out, Sawyer's mouth curves with confidence. There was a spot the big guy liked, and as he scratches that spot, he watches how happy the fish is.

Bongo helps, and his returned a bonk himself, as their foreheads collide. Thing is though, Bongo had a hard-head, but as the heads collide, the Grookey finds himself slightly in the sand, dazed for a second. Yet, when he comes back to reality, giving his squeals, the grass monkey jumps in place excitedly, as if asking to go again. Meanwhile, Watson is really using that kazoo. It's insanely precious.

Isaac admits that this is honestly the best thing Sawyer could give, leading Sawyer to pull away, and put his sunglasses back on, turning just a second, pushing the frames up the bridge of his nose as he did. When Isaac further explains, Sawyer nods. "Makes sense. Saddens me when some Pokemon aren't given proper love. For every one Eevee not given a proper home, there are ten Jynxs. Dustoxs don't get to be as happy as Beautifly. The list goes on. Every Pokemon deserves love. No matter the size, no matter the shape. No matter if their a big lug like this guy, or elsewise." He almost looks dejected for a moment. Is this repentence?

When Sawyer turns to face Isaac, he sits down on the sand, Bongo moving aside of him, to take his rightful place as his shoulder pal. He had to keep hanging with this guy? Heh. "That right? Well, I see I got plenty of work ahead of me. I'll need to get a few more tenants at my apartment, but I'm sure they'll enjoy Grimace like Bongo and Watson do."

With a hand on his chin, he smirks. "Sounds like a fun gig though."