awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
south haven [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 23:49:58 GMT
thomas nightingale Avatar
Few things painted as poignant a picture as a lighthouse: stoic, solitary, the last bastion of survival against the wind and waves, but also a sign of sanctuary, and hope. A sentinel of order. Something reverent.

Thomas clanged his cane against the old sheet metal building protruding from the base of the lighthouse.

“This used to be the Lifesaver’s station,” he explained, looking up at the dilapidated, warped square box o a structure, “back before Hoenn had a Coast Guard.” He knew from his research that all the regions had these scattered up and down their sea-facing borders.

He stepped around the corner of the building, overcoat snapping in the sea wind, staring up at the glass-sided octagon that usually housed an Ampharos or two. It was dark and empty, now, dull in the gray sea light.

“You’d think,” he said, “when we became a congruent unit, we would’ve moved past Pokemon as the highlight of technological power.” He turned and cocked a grin at @abraxas , waiting for the pun to land.
@abraxas
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
south haven [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 3:09:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"You seem to know a thing or two about the water routes. Did you live nearby?"

Not that Abraxas truly cared, but it was a point to make some sort of small talk so that their trek to the lighthouse wasn't awkward. His JOLTEON trotted alongside him, taking a few paces ahead to scout the area for danger.

After all, they, especially him, had to be careful. He was a known public figure, a League "sympathizer" to the majority of people. Working with a Councilman established a reputation he couldn't break.

The pun landed, but it only gave Thomas a look from him before he decided to start ascending.

"Work on the joke. Kinda weak. I rate it a three out of ten."
close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
in the low lamp light i was free / heaven and hell were words to me
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
south haven [m, c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 22:57:11 GMT
thomas nightingale Avatar
“Ah.” He shook his head, shoulders coming up and forward as though in disappointment, or defeat. “A fair assessment. Unfortunately, humor was not something I was schooled in during my education.” His voice took on a deep tone, playing the long suffering victim of his own attempts at humor (even though none suffered so as though forced to bear it).

It was a truth, in that it was true, and also a lie, in that his education had been anything but bog standard.

“And, no,” he added, as they came round the building proper to the front door, “but I’ve always found lighthouses fascinating. Insofar as one can be fascinated by humanity’s hectic attempt to control nature.” The door was a faded red wooden beast with a six-paned window of thick glass set in the center. The brass knob, well worn, jiggled but didn’t turn. Thomas frowned.

Helena was at his side in a moment. He was about to ask his Mismagius to assist them with entry to the lighthouse when he felt the telltale burning of a coughing fit punch its way up his throat. He gestured, instead, to the door, and turned away to mask it in the crook of his arm. Helena faded through the door, and a moment later, there was the telltale thunk of a lock opening, and the door swung inward.

“Apologies,” Thomas said tightly, stepping backwards to allow Jamie entrance to the Lifesaver’s station, “I fear the damp air causes me some concern.” He fought for a few moments more to swallow his cough and finally forced the burn back deeper in his chest. He’d deal with that later.

@abraxas

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,922 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
south haven [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 22:02:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: