249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
A LIGHTHOUSE IN SPACE-TIME
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 5:30:26 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar

The SLATEPORT LIGHTHOUSE.

In the daytime, it was a popular spot for fisherman, snorkelers, and melancholic poets. At nighttime, however, the lighthouse keeper awoke to keep watch over the sea and tend to the tower. Unfortunately, the nights weren't always so calm for the old man. 

Aside from having dealt with all manner of maritime disasters (or near-disasters), the lighthouse keeper had also survived an Ultra Beast attack, rising tides, and even an extradimensional invasion. More recently, however, he'd been forced to house an escaped convict on the run. An escaped convict who now had a sizeable bounty on his head.

It is for this reason that visits the lighthouse tonight. Draped in a fur-lined coat, the one-eyed blonde ascends the stone steps leading to the main platform. Behind him, a confident little PANCHAM follows. Neither expect to find anyone else here but the nocturnal lighthouse keeper. 

mission: surviving space-time
MISSION +

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
Brighter than tomorrow and yesterday
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 6:03:47 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar
[attr="class","hanapoke"]
[attr="class","hanaparty"]

[attr="class","hanahold"]
[attr="class","hanaunder"]
[attr="class","hanalyrics"]a light in the dark
[attr="class","hanadisappear"]
[attr="class","hanalyrics2"]slateport
[attr="class","hanaflavourtext"]❝呼べよ、花の名前を❞

[attr="class","hanatext"]"Thanks for letting me stay the night..." She murmurs, chilled fingers carefully tugging at her cloak as she moves further into the lighthouse. It's quite empty, but not at all unhomely in a sense.

"Are you cold, Rubia?"

A Wooloo is her company for the night, quick to settle by her side once she finds a good place to sit. And Rubia takes it one step further, answering her question by curling up under the dripping folds of her cloak.

"It's just for tonight..." Idle hands finds comfort in combing through tangled fleece, carefully sorting through the knots and stray bits of debris picked up from the beach. "Better than having to sleep outside, right?"
[attr="class","hanatags"]
𝄞

[googlefont=Cedarville+Cursive][googlefont=Roboto+Condensed][googlefont=Roboto+Slab][googlefont=Noto+Serif+JP][newclass=.hanahold]position:relative;height:400px;width:210px;border:15px solid #232425;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics]writing-mode:vertical-rl;transform: scale(-1, -1);text-align:right;height:250px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-right:5px;font-family:Cedarville Cursive;font-size:25px;color:#000;margin:0px 250px 0px 0px[/newclass][newclass=.hanadisappear]width:210px;height:400px;opacity:0;transition: 1s ease;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/BEjLpkc.jpg);position:absolute;top:0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanadisappear:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaunder]width:210px;height:400px;position:absolute;top:0;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/y6DvO7E.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics2]padding:5px;font-family:courier new;font-size:14px;color:#000;margin:375px 0px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaflavourtext]font-family:Noto Serif JP[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext]text-align:justify;font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px;color:#cfcfcf[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext a]font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px[/newclass][newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#9983a0;border-left:solid 2px #ffffff;border-right:solid 2px #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color:#9983a0;border-left:1px solid #9983a0;border-right:1px solid #9983a0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags]text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;color:#cfcfcf[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags a]text-transform:uppercase;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#2b2b2b;border:solid 5px #585858;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
you got me dancing in the dark, hit the lights with a blackout
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 20:26:21 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar

"Oh, it's quite alright, dearie," The old man assures , leading her towards the lighthouse's second floor. There she'll find a simple bed, some chairs, and some storage boxes. Dotted throughout are dusty toys, coloring books, and hampers of abandoned clothing. It'd been some time since his nieces and nephews had visited. "You're welcome company after the week I just had." 

Slowly moving to continue up the next flight of stairs, he leaves the young girl and her Wooloo behind. "You wait here, now: I'll bring you a warm blanket and something to eat." And, before too long, he disappears to gather the aforementioned kindnesses.

| | |

At the front entrance, one of the lighthouse doors slowly creaks open. A slice of stark white moonlight floods in, eclipsed only by the silhouette of the bounty hunter who enters shortly thereafter. A small, electric lantern at his hip hums to life as he closes the door behind him. The dark that attempts to seep back in is staved away with its flickering, fiery orange glow.

Beside him, BETO the Pancham examines the area with serious eyes before leading the way. They're only here to talk to the lighthouse keeper and gain some leads, of course. But the little bear always keeps itself on high alert regardless of the fact, seemingly eager for conflict.

So, when they ascend the flight of stairs and find a stranger on the second floor, Cade has to crouch down and place a firm hand on its head to keep it in place.

He certainly wasn't expecting to find a young girl here either. Though he wasn't as quick to jump to conclusions either. "Sorry if we startled you," He says, his voice tinged with a Spanish accent. The Pancham, in the meantime, glares at the young woman suspiciously. "We weren't expecting someone else. Are you the lighthouse keeper's... granddaughter?"  
MISSION +

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 3:16:30 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]Kindness is met with a weak smile, empty hands that know not how to return the favour. So as the old keeper disappears up the steps, she's more than happy to have a moment of silence, listening to the waves crashing out on the beach.

And well, the odd footsteps whispered upon the winds.

It's odd to receive visitors at this time of night, even weirder to hear them invite themselves in without so much as a knock or a word. She can even see the Pancham next to him just raring for a fight, barely held down by his hand.

"We weren't expecting anyone at all." She responds in kind, softened Alolan accent still tangled in her words. "What brings you here?"

What has the lighthouse keeper gotten himself into?
𝄞

[googlefont=Cedarville+Cursive][googlefont=Roboto+Condensed][googlefont=Roboto+Slab][googlefont=Noto+Serif+JP][newclass=.hanahold]position:relative;height:400px;width:210px;border:15px solid #232425;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics]writing-mode:vertical-rl;transform: scale(-1, -1);text-align:right;height:250px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-right:5px;font-family:Cedarville Cursive;font-size:25px;color:#000;margin:0px 250px 0px 0px[/newclass][newclass=.hanadisappear]width:210px;height:400px;opacity:0;transition: 1s ease;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/BEjLpkc.jpg);position:absolute;top:0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaunder]width:210px;height:400px;position:absolute;top:0;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/y6DvO7E.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics2]padding:5px;font-family:courier new;font-size:14px;color:#000;margin:375px 0px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext]text-align:justify;font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px;color:#cfcfcf[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext a]font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px[/newclass][newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#9983a0;border-left:solid 2px #ffffff;border-right:solid 2px #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color:#9983a0;border-left:1px solid #9983a0;border-right:1px solid #9983a0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags]text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;color:#cfcfcf[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags a]text-transform:uppercase;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#2b2b2b;border:solid 5px #585858;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 6:58:19 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar

"A bounty," Cade responds, still crouched down beside his Pancham and scruffing up the hair on its head for a moment before letting it go. It huffs. But, thankfully, it refrains from moving forward to sniff at the girl. Instead, it keeps its suspicious eyes trained on her.

Rising from his crouch, the one-eyed blonde takes a moment to look around the room and casually scan for clues. "There's a very bad man out on the loose. I heard he paid this lighthouse a visit last night." He adds, shifting his gaze back onto the strange girl. "Know anything about that, miss... ?"

She still hadn't answered his first question, of course, but Cade was anything if not patient. The truth would come out eventually. It always did. For now, however, he had no reason to suspect her. His main worry was that she'd been threatened or bribed into staying silent.
MISSION +

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 11:12:27 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]She stiffens at the mention of bounty, her gaze sharpening as she snaps her full attention to the intruders.

"Bad in whose eyes?"
𝄞

close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 1:58:43 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar

Cade raises a brow; serious. Always serious. Well... almost always. had a habit of making him less so.

Why did his thoughts seem to gravitate back to her more and more often? He disliked that, especially at work...

"The eyes of the League, of course," He answers, crossing his arms. "Why do you ask? That's fairly suspicious, you know." He adds, returning her glare with one of his own.
MISSION +

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 2:49:20 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]Lie. Lying is what gets her out of things. Or so she would have said if she wasn't feeling particularly threatened by this person's existence.

Instead, she decides to turn the question back onto him, holding Rubia close as she picks her words.

"I've heard of rangers going after bounties. Less so freelancers that enter places without identifying themselves at rather questionable hours." Her movements are graceful, fingers carefully threading through black fleece. "And really, with how Rocket has made themselves... rather prominent in this region, I'd be inclined to relate your behaviour to their kind."
𝄞

close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 7:51:48 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar

"I'm not your typical freelancer," Cade responds, beginning to think the girl was more than just the lighthouse keeper's granddaughter. She'd deflected his question again, after all: too well to be a coincidence. "I go where the money sends me. Not that it's any of your concern... unless you're the one I'm--"

"Do you take sugar, dearie?" An old man's voice from upstairs interrupts in an echo. "I have white, brown, and the ones that come in the little yello--"

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!

A sharp peal of thunder, louder than Cade had ever heard in his life, shakes the lighthouse and sends pieces of its ceiling drifting down in a thin layer of cloud. From a high window nearby, the one-eyed blonde can see a terrifying storm engulfing the entire tower. When he turns, he sees that his PANCHAM as run off to hide under the girl's bed.

"What the hell..." The man mutters, never having seen Beto in such a panic. Just as he's about to approach the little panda, however, the sound of shattered glass echoes down from above. He pivots and runs towards the stairs, looking up it to see that it spiraled upwards. "Hey! Old man?! Are you okay?!"

Woeful screaming erupts.

Cade spares a moment to turn towards his Pancham and sharply whistle at it to come by his side. He spares another to sharply glare at the girl next. "Stay here." Then, not quite expecting her to follow his direction, he runs up the stairs and disappears.

Only to find some strange, cryptid-like creature on the next floor.

MISSION +

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 21:33:23 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]"Then you're a rare sight in these parts."

The lowest of scum who would think of siding with them simply because of some spare change. But her attention is quickly drawn upstairs by the wavering tones of the old man, concern ringing in her chest as she promptly gets to her feet. And the world continues to remind them that it wishes to end, that their existences seem to be mistakes in the grander scheme of unknown universes.

The shattered glass is enough to kick her survival instincts into high gear, a hand reaching into her pocket as her other free hand remains clenched by her side.

"Don't tell me what to do." She snarls, following up the steps and readying herself for anything. Or well, a vaguely familiar yet alien pokemon staring right at them with bloodshot eyes and saliva dripping from its maws.

"Another one..." Her murmurs are drowned out by the crashing of thunder and stormy waves, her fingers now pulled out of her pocket as a Kirlia appears behind them. "Look for a chance, Thea."
𝄞

close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 3:29:40 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar

Even in the face of impending danger, Cade turns to notice the little things. The young girl's readiness for action, for one. He scrutinizes her with a quick glare.

"These must be one of those distortions I've heard about so much, then? You've been through one before?" It certainly didn't seem like child's play, considering the long-clawed creature standing before them.

Suddenly, it readies its claws (SWORD DANCE). And, before the young girl can act with her KIRLIA, Cade decides to buy her that chance they're looking for.

"Beto, VITAL THROW!"

His little PANCHAM charges forward, paws at the ready. When the creature attempts to attack with a swipe, it seizes its arm and throws it against the interior lighthouse wall. The strike shakes a few picture frames loose from their nails.
MISSION +

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 12:19:31 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]"And you haven't?" Comes her response, sharp as she keeps her eyes on the unfamiliar pokemon. Their priority here isn't to take it down, it's to ensure that the old man is safe and not bleeding out on the ground somewhere.

Thankfully, does his best to cooperate with her plans, providing her just that sliver of time where the beast isn't quite looking. Thea immediately runs and she's quick to follow, slipping right past with her sights on the old man. He doesn't look too great, pale and most certainly trembling as he points a shaky finger at the creature. A Heal Pulse goes out for any cuts or bruises he might have gained, whereas Rubia readies herself to Headbutt should it attempt to come any closer.

Right now, teleporting outside might not be the brightest of ideas, especially considering a lack of information on the situation outside. To jump out of a Pyroar's den and into an Ursaluna's mouth honestly wouldn't be a great experience. So their only choice left is to stay, to wait this distortion out and pray that nothing else attempts to break into the lighthouse right?
𝄞

close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 6:32:06 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar

Cade had only immigrated to Hoenn shortly before the dome had fallen to trap them all. He'd been warned to expect the unexpected in this region, though that seemed like a bit of an understatement now that he looked back on it. The girl's remark provided no reassurance either. It seemed even the people of Hoenn were as odd and crazy as the phenomena that surrounded them.

"I'm not from around here," Cade replies, watching as the long-clawed creature before them staggers back up onto both feet. "Though I'm not the one that should be explaining himself." He adds, regarding and the old man with a quick glance.

"W-Watch out for SNEASLER!"

That brief moment, however, is all the creature needs to swiftly close the gap between itself and before delivering a bloody SLASH. Clothes tear and drops of red fly as the man howls with hurt. A stumble becomes a fall backwards and, for a moment, he's worried the Sneasler might fall upon him once more and finish the job. Does he have enough time to reach for his knife, he grimly wonders past the stinging pain.

Thankfully, his Pancham intercepts with a BODY SLAM, shoving the Sneasler aside into 's direction with its belly.
MISSION +

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 3:32:33 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]The Sneasler is wise in its choice of targets, going for instead of her. Amidst the sheer panic and hurt, Lilith is composed, pulling a knife from her jacket and gripping it tight.

Rubia surrounds them with a Cotton Guard as Thea readies herself to Teleport them out of harm's way. But Lilith stands her ground even as the Sneasler is thrown in her direction, narrowing her eyes as she reaches out for its arm. A firm grasp allows her to twist its wrist, her full body weight pushing down on the pokemon as she forces it to the ground.

"Forgive me."

And with pinpoint accuracy, she slits its jugular.
𝄞

close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 10:18:59 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar

Cade does not witness the scene with the sheer abject terror that a normie would. Instead, his eyes gleam with respect for the swiftness of her action. To the untrained mind, this was brutality. To those who had taken lives before, however, this was a merciful act. And had (literally) executed it perfectly with her blade.

Unfortunately, this also likely meant that was in imminent danger next. Realizing this, his Pancham WORKS UP the strength to grab him by the collar and drag him away. Needless to say, it isn't the most dignified exit. But, perhaps, the girl and the mercenary would meet again someday.

EXIT

MISSION +

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights