awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the answer [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 15:33:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

If he could collapse in on himself, he definitely would’ve done that already.

It just hurt, so much. Not being able to do anything to stop someone from making a mistake and committing infanticide right in the sight of everyone.

Had he not been so exhausted in the immediate aftermath of the Three-Day War, he’d have been able to stop the crime from happening—but there was that.

The Duskull let out a little cry, squirming from within Alex’s arms, trying to wiggle loose but it was almost impossible. At least, for the moment.

On Alexei’s end, though, he felt his center of gravity tip forward slightly, and all he could do was to surrender himself to the shoulder that was being offered, before unclenching one of his arms and throwing it around the other man, still shaking with grief.

time for a little history lesson ft. Zelle

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the answer [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 4:05:58 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
Alex was crying so hard Memo thought he might puke. Weeping and trembling and apologizing. It made Memo tear up just via proximity.

There was nothing he could do or say that was going to make it any better. He’d already tried.

He felt Alex untangle, for just a second, before an arm slid around his back and dragged him in; he nuzzled into Alex’s neck, one hand over the back of his head, the other still rubbing gentle circles on the span of his upper back.

“You can’t blame yourself forever, baby,” he said, barely a whisper, “it wasn’t your fault. Ultimately you’re not responsible for other people’s actions.”

But this was a big cross to bear. It would be a lot of effort to drop it. Even moreso to work out the knots it left behind.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the answer [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 16:06:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Somehow, the Duskull managed to wiggle free from Alexei’s crushing hold and soared out of his arms, before temporarily deciding to alight on the perch that Zelle favored oh so much.

The Phione looked at where the Duskull had decided to take refuge, and for 0.5 seconds, she hissed—before finally allowing someone else to take over her #1 favorite place in the world.

(As #2 was just across from her mother, holding him close right now.)

The Water-type circled around them, and all Alexei could do on his part was cry; these big, ugly, bawling tears before he belatedly registered that his other arm was also free and then throwing it around the other man, before sinking down to his own knees (and inadvertently bringing the other down with him as well, because he was just so damned tall).

“I-I know… but… I still… failed,” he hiccupped, coming up for air sometime later. His eyes were swimming with tears, he was a wreck, a fucking mess—

At least now he had someone else to share this problem with. However he wasn’t going to let Memo take on this burden for himself—as it was his own to bear.

“And…and I don’t know if a-anything I’ll be doing, from this point… would be enough t-to make up for…for what I’d failed to do…”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the answer [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 19:56:43 GMT
“Honey,” Memo said, feeling the damp of the soil beneath his knees, “you-- you tried.” He pulled back, just a few centimeters, to free his arms and cup Alex’s face, lifting his chin, thumb drawing a crescent through the tear tracks on his cheeks. He felt Alex’s arms looped around his back, a comforting circle of fragility.

“You didn’t do anything wrong,”
Memo tried again, holding Alex’s face. “Someone else made a horrible choice that was out of your control and you tried your best to counteract it. The fact that you tried to do so-- you can’t carry this cross forever, baby. You have to forgive yourself, because everyone else already has.”

He pressed a chaste kiss to the center of Alex’s forehead, then the bridge of his (lovely) nose, then set their temples together.

“You have to forgive yourself.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the answer [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 16:32:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The fact that he tried, was there; made plain as day.

Unfortunately, the fact that he also failed to stop the sea bitch from doing what she did still weighed heavily on his conscience.

He was going to beat his fucking ass over this until he died, that much was certain.

However… someone had other plans.

Moment that the first gentle show of affection was planted right smack-dab on the center of his forehead, the blush came rising to his face. Slowly, but surely. And then another peck on his nose, before…

“You… you think I can?” he said so quietly, like the whole world had blotted out around them; it was just the two of them in the middle of a spotlight.

“You think… you think I really, honestly… c-can?” he hiccupped, not realizing that the Duskull was hanging onto his head as he looked the other in the eyes.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the answer [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 22:25:14 GMT
There was a Duskull sitting on Alex’s head, and he hadn’t even noticed.

The first time Memo’d seen him with a ghost, Alex had fainted dead away from fear. Even before, he’d had a distinct feeling that something spooky that way came. Now there was one perched atop his cranium and he hadn’t even noticed, emotions be damned.

Memo looked back into his eyes, smile slow to spread, but warm, full of confidence.

“I believe you can do anything.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the answer [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 19:59:46 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Th—thank you,” he finally managed to say at last, swallowing the figurative lump in his throat as he finally realized the other was smiling his way.

“Thank you… for believing in me,” he continued quietly—completely and totally not realizing the Duskull was hanging onto his head as this happened.

Meanwhile, the Phione continued to circle around the two, before finally deciding to settle her ass on the other man’s head, waving her thumbless limbs at the Duskull who was hanging onto Alexei’s head.

It was… it was a start at least.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the answer [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 22:12:01 GMT
“Of course, love,” he said, voice gone soft and warm again. “Always.”

He sighed a little as Zelle came to rest atop his own head, rolling his eyes skyward and letting his smile grow. She was incredible. He loved her.

“Do you feel any better?” he asked, rubbing Alex’s shoulders.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the answer [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 13:56:04 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I—I think so,” he hiccupped slightly, tears still falling down his face. Even as the comforting ‘weight’ of the Duskull rested on his head, he didn’t notice it at all.

His mind had started playing tricks on him again, after all, that deceptive thinking of his that the Ghost-type in his hair was another Phione.

(There wasn’t even a Zorua-line around to cast an Illusion over it!)

“S-sorry if…if I just cracked open like that,” he continued quietly once more.

“I-I… needed a good cry. And…and someone to listen to what I have to say.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the answer [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 23:49:35 GMT
“Good.” He caught a stray tear on the back of his knuckle, brushing it across Alex’s cheek.

Stepping to the side, he slid one arm around Alex’s lower back, cupping his opposite hip and leaning into him.

“Don’t apologize. You’ve been holding that in for a while, it seems.” He frowned inwardly, hating that it sounded like he was lecturing, so he tried again: “You can tell me anything, love. I’ll always listen to you.”

It doesn’t have to get this bad is what he was saying.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the answer [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 8:26:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: