Katherine Fairburne
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 15:41:24 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

katherine arrives in the dead of the night.
[break][break]
she’s more similar to a ghost than usual. the malevolent makes an effort to sneak past the guards lilycove city could afford to station in their hospital. phasing through walls to find a specific patient is no easy task, but something guides her to the right person. fate, perhaps.
[break][break]
whether fernando is awake or not matters very little. katherine would wake him up if she has to.
[break][break]
“fernando,” soft and hushed, katherine’s voice seemed to lack its signature, commanding confidence. there are undertones of concern and worry that she rarely– no, that she never shares with others.
[break][break]
it’s all very unusual. it’s very human, even.
[break][break]
“i thought… i thought you were dead.” saying it out loud feels like betrayal. part hers, part his.

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-moon"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 1px 31px 21px 1px; height:100px; width:100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 18:15:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

KING OF MY HEART

FROM THE QUEEN OF MY BODY AND SOUL

“…”

the first thing fernando reaches for is his bandages. to make sure they’re in place to cover the decrepit sight of old age.

this should have never happened. this should have been preventable. and, years ago, it would have been. but time and responsibilities work in insidious ways. they lax the muscles in ways unforeseen.

fairburne,” he states with the same familiarity they share in closed quarters. despite his appearance, nothing changes. his voice holds a strength that his body lacks.

i’m fine.

a reassurance to her. a dismissal from him.

are you okay?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 12:20:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]

"You don't look fine."
[break][break]
katherine draws closer. each step reveals more of his condition. of his injuries. of what had been taken away from him. she meets fernando's remaining eye with her own.
[break][break]
"they sent me a picture," she doesn't bother to retrieve her phone. he experienced this, after all. "how? how did this happen? how did you let this happen? where was tapu fini? where was literally anyone?"
[break][break]
there's victim blaming, and there's katherine placing the weight of the universe on the shoulders of one man. the only one she had ever considered being close to her equal.
[break][break]
"i'm fine," she's not. what happened in sootopolis echoed in her mind still. it was fresh, raw, and although she sustained no grievous injuries - it'll take months before she recovers fully. especially considering fernando's state.
[break][break]
silently, she partly blames herself too. deep within her heart, a voice tells her 'you should've been there'.

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 1px 31px 21px 1px; height:100px; width:100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 9:07:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

KING OF MY HEART

“I’VE HAD WORSE,” is where he compromises to her rebuttal.

she draws near and fernando ignores the awkwardness that comes with knowing else world, she’s his wife. whatever ploy they’ve created, whatever travesties he’s committed with the other katherine, they melt away when faced with his katherine.

he still can’t read her.

i heard.

her questions draws a deep seated sigh that belong buried underneath a long dried well. he can feel his throat dry with the coarseness of a straw rope that’s long beyond its years.

they have avatars. a lot of them. they caught me by surprise.

he clicks his tongue and entrusts her with a secret he debates releasing. eventually, all will know. but here, in this pocket of time, katherine is the first to know.

and they killed tapu fini.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 11:26:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]

Scarlet eyes attempt to pierce past bandages, searching for the visible injuries that Fernando was trying to hide. Where they can't, they concede, already drifting elsewhere in pursuit of something-- anything.
[break][break]
How bad was it?
[break][break]
There is only one Fernando in Katherine's world. It makes him - her silph - a treasured trophy. one that she can't afford to lose. Fernando nearly dying is both an insult and a threat, and gods don't take kindly to either.
[break][break]
"they have inexperienced, weak avatars. they don't have me. they don't have lopez. they don't even have dross or cooper by their side-" although now would be a great time to appreciate how Katherine had taken some of Fernando's speech patterns, Fernando's final statement causes the malevolent to stop abruptly.
[break][break]
Rocket killed Tapu Fini.
[break][break]
"They- Tapu Fini is dead?"
[break][break]
The wheels in her head begin to turn. Processing information as fast as they can. If her Fernando is just a man... If he isn't who she thought he was...
[break][break]
No.
[break][break]
may be only half the man Katherine thought he was, but that still makes him half more a man than anyone else she knows.
[break][break]
"It's okay. I mean it. It's okay. You're alive, and that's what matters. I'm sorry about Tapu Fini, but-" a pause. she swallows air. "You're alive."
[break][break]
"That's all that matters."
[break][break]
To her.

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 1:36:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

KING OF MY HEART

“INDEED.”

exhaustion coaxes his head back against the soft recline of his pillow. there, a grim smile sneaks past a hard boiled expression of independence.

none of them can compare to you.

he sits on his statement for a while. long enough for his fingers to curl around the sheet. long enough for the white of his knuckles to bleeds bone into skin.

but i am not you. or lopez. my powers hinge on tapu fini. without it present, i can do little more than spit out glitter.

which checks out against his AQUA INITAIATIVE profile. fernando silph, the oldest avatar, can summon MISTY TERRAIN on demand. that’s it. everything else requires tapu fini being present. to channel its power and do all the work.

katherine had seen it. his little hoax when the mermaid tried to JUDGE HER HEART. a lie they’ve kept consistent in every instance they’ve used it. and that doesn’t even account for the powers they’ve yet to use.

i’m fine katherine. i’ve had worse.

his eyebrows furrow and his eyes narrow. he’s never seen her like this. for a moment, he wonders how genuine it is before admonishing himself for doubting her even now.

i won’t be dying on you.

a promise he intends to keep.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 2:05:56 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]

"don't do that."
[break][break]
he knows his way around her. he knows that flattery and bribery are indeed the way into katherine's heart, but here? now? it feels cheap. easy. "knowing that i could've stopped them isn't going to make you or me feel better," it made her feel worse-- guilty, even.
[break][break]
"have you though?"
[break][break]
"have you really had worse, fernando?" she knew that every bond was different. that what giratina and her shared was unique, but still. how could he be so calm?
[break][break]
her eyes find his tightening fist, and it's only then that she takes a seat on the side of his bed. then, they close, and her hand finally finds his. he was right to doubt her.
[break][break]
affectionate gestures weren't her style.
[break][break]
"it's not enough. you promising me that is not enough," she wasn't calling him a liar, mind, but she simply didn't believe he could make that promise.
[break][break]
internally, she's trying to convince her that this is still business. that she still only cared for him because he was her trophy. her treasure. her prized collection to break or keep. the only difference between him and an arceus plate was that he could speak.
[break][break]
but maybe not.
[break][break]
"i'm moving in with you."

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 2:34:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

KING OF MY HEART

FERNANDO BLINKS. says nothing. whatever he spins up will fall short of convincing her. she has to see it.

what i was a child, i was nearly bisected.

his hospital gown comes up a few inches. the hem of his top reveals the dip of his hips. around his waist is a scar that wraps around him like a belt of marred skin.

i had to consider whether i wanted to die from having my guts spill out or from an infection from pushing them back in with soiled hands.

he squirms just a bit to show how it goes all the way around.

so yes, katherine. rest assured. this is nothi—

his hand goes cold when she makes her proclamation. he blinks again, as if he never heard her. there’s no raised eyebrow or questioning scowl. just a blank canvas that’s more neutral than any third party could hope to be.

what.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 2:41:07 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]

she's not convinced.
[break][break]
no amount of physical pain could compare to what he's been through, she presumes. surely, no amount of pain - be it physical or mental - could compare to losing tapu fini.
[break][break]
"i think a professional would say that you are 'minimizing' your trauma." it sounds a lot like something she heard before in a medical drama.
[break][break]
"what do you mean what?" a breath, and then a blink to match his. "what's not clear about i'm moving in with you. the specifics? well, i suppose i don't care for those. we can live in one of your places or my apartment. i don't mind."
[break][break]
her shoulders lift and fall in a shrug. nothing about this seems or sounds strange to her.

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 3:02:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

KING OF MY HEART

“MOVING IN?”

his eyes narrow. he squints with the same glare that means he’s either about to condemn her or in deep thought. sometimes they’re synonymous.

do you know what that entails, fairburne?

his bewilderment is only kept at bay by his shortness of breath. his own limits bar him from expressing anything more than mediocracy.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 3:05:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]

"I'm not an idiot."
[break][break]
She checks off a mental list and begins to share it with him, "I'd have to get all my stuff moved to your place, find enough space for all my pokemon and clothes, figure out a way to get rid of my apartment before my contract's up, hrm... What else..."
[break][break]
The fact they both lived in Slateport made this a lot more easier than she expected it to be.
[break][break]
"No, that should be it."

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 3:19:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

KING OF MY HEART

“NOT THAT—”

of course she’ll need to move her things in. that was never a question of logistics or technicalities. it’s their status and relationship that comes into play.

living together. coming and going. privacy. the amount of times you’ll actually see me will be just as sparse.

especially after what’s happen to him. once he’s released from the hospital, it’s back to work. now and forever. buried in his own game of catch-up until he’s sated.

unfortunately, he’s never sated.

there’s no point.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 3:30:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]

"no."
[break][break]
plain and simple, she disagrees. "you do not have to work in a specific place. in fact, if we're being real, you do not have to work at all. not for your company, at least. i know it's not just you these days. there are others who can take care of silph for you. at least to a degree."
[break][break]
but that's not all. there's the league, there's hoenn as a whole, there's everything beyond just his company.
[break][break]
"how much of your work would you realistically have to do away from me?" not as much as he thinks, she assumes. "let's be honest, when it comes down to it, my work aligns with yours. dahlia only summons me for situations that would also call for you."
[break][break]
meaning that they'd be together then too.
[break][break]
"i'm not asking you to retire. i know that's impossible. but," her eyes lock with his again. "i am saying i'm not willing to gamble on your life anymore than i already have."
[break][break]
"if this doesn't sound to your liking, then figure out something that does. but, just a reminder, there's not a place in hoenn or outside of it that i wouldn't be able to just appear in."
[break][break]
she smiles. she's content with this-- with the terms she laid for him.
[break][break]
"i'm not taking a no for an answer, fernando," literally. it's not an option he has. "so figure out what you can't compromise on and i promise i'll try to accept it."

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 4:09:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

KING OF MY HEART

“I DO,” he refutes. “it’s a matter of with who and from there, where.

while her point is as valid as her concern, it’s not one he’ll ever admit. not to her and most certainly not to himself. a silph co. that can sustain itself is not the silph co. he wants.

it must be more. it, like everything else he’s created, must be hoenn’s best defense.

with him at the helm, silph co. can maneuver with a crucial insider advantage that their competitors lack. while success and growth mean little to him, the onset of foreign companies and investments has become an alarming concern.

these parasites wash ashore thinking they can plant their roots in hoenn soil and just throw their money around. while donation are accepted, the notion that this allows them to preside over the league is a notion he’ll never allow to prove true.

as a company too big to fall, anyone who dares throw their weight aroudn will find themselves met with a competitor that’s willing to operate at loss for years if it means killing their business.

meetings. collaboration. joint projects.

which he has no issue with her tagging along on occasion. but it’s the seedier business that requires his privacy. out of sight, unnoticed by those who expect a schedule filled with nonsensical scribbles. it’s how he creates an alibi when dealing with .

a deep breath sorts his thoughts with a fresh stream of oxygen. what he comes up with is less than satisfactory but it’ll do.

fine. i’ll come up with something by the time i’m discharged,” he succumbs.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
king of my heart [c]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 1:05:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]

although there was no doubt in katherine's mind that fernando would accept her ultimatum sooner or later, she half-expected to argue over it longer. nevertheless, she heaves a sigh of relief when he accepts it.
[break][break]
it's easier this way, she tells herself. she's not personally invested. he is still a means to an end. she left rocket because he can provide for her better than they can. she is doing this for giratina.
[break][break]
not just herself.
[break][break]
maybe that's still true. maybe not.
[break][break]
either way, the two of them are a contradiction to a contract that can't be broken. a clause left unattended. nothing may come between katherine and giratina's wishes. and so far, nothing has. after all, his wishes were also hers.
[break][break]
but they will rue the day that changes. that is, if it ever comes.
[break][break]
"okay."
[break][break]
"i," it's better to say it now than later, "i may have provoked them a while ago. i attacked one of their higher-ups," she reveals flatly. "i left him on the brink of death so he can survive and relay my message, but..."
[break][break]
she looks away, and then she shrugs.
[break][break]
"they retaliated and sent someone else after me-- but he escaped before i could finish him."

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]