December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
kiss with a fist
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 20:36:40 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

She would really need to curb this habit. Or, more specifically, she would need to adjust her timetable accordingly. Maybe take some time out of reading to make more time to an actual meal beyond cereal or ramen noodles. If it wasn’t something as quick-and-easy as a frozen meal, Nanette was in Slateport’s Lower District for take-out. She was already licking the remains of a bun from her fingertips, and the rest were warm in a plain paper bag. I can move reading to the weekends. Olga and Misha’s romance in the novel she was reading would have to wait, as much as the thought pained her.

The air was warm, faintly sticky despite the salty breeze rolling in. Nanette could feel the heat as if it were a weight on her. Still, she supposed it could be worse. It was as peaceful as the Lower District could get – the air alive, kinetic with the sounds of the market and redolent with the smell of burning oil and food.

Peaceful. At least for now. Nanette knew she ought to cherish these moments.

And she had only another moment to cherish it before she could hear something beyond the din of the market. It didn’t seem as if anyone else has noticed, nor were there any other rangers on the scene. Nanette squared her shoulders. The buns would hold up even if she had to romp around, she was sure.

This was cutting into her sleep schedule now, but that was fine. It wasn’t as if that were anything new. Nanette broke away from the crowd and into the darkened streets. It was likely a petty thief, but law was law. Breaking and entering? Illegal. Theft? Illegal. Public intoxication? Illegal and, frankly, worrying. She was just a cadet, but it was still her duty.

I know I heard something.

It was near silent the further she went. The market was only a faint hum in the distance. Nanette stuck her hands in the pockets of her shorts, fingers brushing against her Pokeballs and spare change.

There was another clatter – closer this time, and so sudden it made her jump.

Nanette didn’t hesitate. She went right for the sound.
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
kiss with a fist
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 21:00:48 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

A knife would drop to the floor with a loud clatter. A gloved hand covered the mouth of the thug as the blade of a larger knife slashed the man's femoral artery wide open, followed by a precise stab through the man's carotid artery. With the guard bleeding out from two major arteries, death followed in mere moments. The tall figure in black disappeared back into the shadows.

What the cadet would stumble upon was a Pokemon black market. Various Pokemon poached illegally, or stolen from their trainers, were to be sold to the highest bidder in the darkened den of vice. And though they weren't directly affiliated with Team Rocket, their activities were enough to get the attention of The Phantom.

If the Cadet were to look deeper down the area, she would spot another dead man, with a weapon near his person. Unlike the more recently deceased thug, this man had been impaled from behind by way of a claw.

The dim lights flashing would momentarily reveal a dark, ragged figure climbing into an open window.

tags:
notes:

close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
kiss with a fist
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 21:20:37 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

It might have been shock, familiarity by virtue of career choice, or both that was the source of Nanette’s lack of reaction. Not that she was completely blank to the gore and chaos in front of her; she shiver wracked her entire body, gooseflesh prickled across her skin, and she felt bile in her throat. If Grandpa Yuriy were here, he probably could have deduced a bulk of the information from a cursory glance. But it was just her. The slice to the femoral artery was clean, almost surgical. If Nanette had to guess, then the injury to the carotid artery was just an extra measure to ensure death.

These two were dead, so there was no use mulling over it until an actual team arrived. Nanette stooped beside a cage, brows knit in concern. Her hands were trembling; Nanette curled them into a fist, nails biting into the skin of her palms.

It’s okay,” she said. Her voice, at least, was mostly even. “You’ll be out of here soon.

She had to be calm. First, an emergency alert sent out to other rangers. Second…well, this wasn’t wholly necessary, and it was likely dangerously stupid, but Nanette vaulted over the open window. Rangers and officers would converge soon, but someone was running. Someone who had gutted the poachers inside like magikarp.

Hey! Hey you - freeze!

The raggedy figure had distance on her, but she wasn’t a common desk-jockey. Even if it was for a good cause, you couldn’t just prance around cutting people open.

What in the world did you do?
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
kiss with a fist
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 21:39:36 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Phantom worked through the men in the room with a terrifying degree of speed and precision. By the time she had gotten into the open window behind him, the black-clad vigilante had finished off the last man in the room with multiple stabs through vital organs.

She might take notice traces of Electroweb on some of the men, used as a means to stun them while he worked on their friends, then them. The culprit, a Galvantula, watched her from the shadows of the ceiling.

Rather than freezing, the black clad man turned to face the young Ranger. Through the dim, flickering lights, she might be able to make out a white, featureless mask covering the entirety of his face, along with the black hood. Though he'd remain on his guard, the hooded figure wouldn't attack her.

"Taking out the trash. Doing what the League refuses to do.", the man answered, his voice garbled by a distorting microphone built into the mask.

Down below, the sound of walls being smashed open, of screams of terror flooding the room as other Pokemon rampaged through the poachers.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
kiss with a fist
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 23:10:32 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

He wore a mask as white as her hair, and his clothing was all black. Making a profile would be difficult with the unhelpful, bare-bones facts: suspect dressed in all black, white mask, approximately 6 feet tall, unknown build, presumed male. It was the appearance of over half the criminals in the world who were worth their salt. His voice was distorted as if through a filter, but his words were still clear. He did not believe in the League, and was taking matters into his own hands. In a book, Nanette would have been impressed. But this was real life and not some romantic story about handsome leading men and dashing warrior women.

Nanette made an inarticulate noise that was half shocked and half frustrated.

There was likely already a case being built on them. There was no need for all of that.

Still, she would be lying if she said she didn’t understand a bit. The remaining poachers were screaming and shouting, but the Pokémon were crying out just as loudly. When backed into a corner, any animal would react violently. Even the gentlest of creatures were born of claw and fang.

Between apprehending a vigilante with clearly no issue against violence and trying to ease the distress of the captured Pokémon…it was a difficult decision. Nanette chewed her lip.

Please, just come quietly.

She would try it once. But there had to be some order back inside or else one of the Pokémon could get hurt or run off. Then it’d be a whole other debacle on top of a grisly crime scene.
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
kiss with a fist
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 0:55:44 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Pangoro, Zoroark, and Alakazam trio would not be the only ones slaughtering the men below. The larger, angrier Pokemon would be released from their cages, and whatever bindings had kept them in place. They would join the trio of well-trained Pokemon, unleashing their pent up hatred towards the humans in a violent spectacle. Thanks to the lead of the trio, the group would make short work of their former captors. Meanwhile, the weaker Pokemon were not released from their cages, in a bid to keep them safe from the ensuing rampage.

"I've seen the outcome of such an endeavor, time and time again. It would do no good.", the man retorted bitterly. He had seen it too many times. No matter how good a case they had against them, the courts would only give them a slap on the wrist, allowing them to continue their crimes once let out. Only to learn how to better elude capture.

"My work is far from done.", he'd tell her.

There was still the leader of the ring that needed to be made an example of. The Phantom made his way towards the door, though never turning his back on the Ranger. His Galvantula also kept a close eye on her, ready to fire off a String Shot, should she try to draw a Pokemon on him.

tags:

close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
kiss with a fist
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 21:58:13 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

This was definitely an impromptu mission meant for a ranger of actual experience. If she tried to help the raging Pokémon downstairs, she’d likely be torn apart and then what good would she be? If she tried to go after this vigilante, then there was still a chance for horrific injury. But if he was going after the next target…it had to be someone bigger. At least there, there would be concrete evidence. A metaphoric paper trail of notes and files; maybe she could actually diffuse the situation.

Can you at least leave the next one…alive? For now? There’s more evidence that can be gleaned.

This man could go either with her…or Nanette would give him a head start then have d’Artagnan track him and she’d give chase. Either way, she’d be there. She wasn’t so naïve to believe that pacifism was the absolute answer to everything, but it was law and structure that separated people from real monsters…Besides, what was this? That hit-fantasy-television-show-turned-flop – Aegis and Slash?

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
kiss with a fist
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 2:12:13 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The trio of Pokemon leading the assault wouldn't allow the stronger Pokemon to escape, and wreak havoc outside of the building. They would allow them to do the bulk of the work, and take the brunt of whatever defense the traffickers put up, allow them to be worn down enough to be manageable for the Rangers.

After his master left the room, Thread would follow him. The commotion downstairs got the attention of those upstairs who were rushing down to deal with the outbreak. Unfortunately for them, their route would be interrupted by the hooded vigilante, who expertly maneuvered through the group with his knife, and the aid of his Galvantula.

With the last of the group down, a large, grizzled man would stride into the hall to meet the masked attacker. He was quite a bit taller than the man in black, and with far more mass than the slimmer man.

"That's far enough!", the man told him with a grin, accompanied by an Electivire, as well as a pair of Mightyena. "I'm gonna enjoy killing you!"

tags:

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights