she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
daffodil [m]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 1:02:38 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
[attr="class","annalluck"]
[attr="class","annalpostbody"]
"hiii!" annalise approaches her partner with a cheery wave, pausing for a moment to tug the rolled hem of her ranger shorts down a little. "you're nanette, right? i'm annalise — it's nice to finally meet you!"
[break][break]
finally, because she'd seen her name in passing before (on the rosters at hq, most likely), but had never seen her until now. the higher-ups must've had them running in different circles, she guesses. annalise wishes she had the time to stop and get to know her partner, but that oranguru looks restless for a match and she is restless to get those pokemon back to their actual trainers.[break][break]
"so, are you up for a double battle?" she asks, flashing a bright smile at . plucking a ball from her belt, she lets it expand to fit her palm. "to be honest — i've never had a pokemon battle like this before, but i promise i won't be, like, dead weight or whatever!"
[break][break]
she looses the poke ball from her fingers with a light toss. her meowstic materializes on the makeshift arena the oranguru has been camping out in, staring at it through half-lidded eyes. two poke balls orbit around the pokemon's body — an opponent for each ranger.
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + i wanna be like you-oo-oo

[attr="class","annalaccent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]
[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
daffodil [m]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 15:18:30 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

It was like staring into the sun. Annalise was effervescent and incandescent all at once. Nanette nearly jumped out of her skin when Annalise first approached. The lilt of her voice had been startling in the quiet of Route 120, but not unwelcome. Her voice was pretty. Nanette nodded, adjusting the brim of her cap. The area around Fortree was blessedly cooler than, say, Lavaridge. The air still smelled of rain, and Nanette didn’t feel as if she were boiling underneath her flak jacket.

It’s a pleasure to meet you, Annalise. I hope I won’t drag us down.

Etiquette lessons had been drilled into Nanette growing up, and they were showing now. The proper pitch, the practiced and polite smile. It seemed almost at ends with the ranger uniform, but she liked to think she could be formidable. She favored Annalise’s meowstic with a warm smile before reaching for her own belt. The pokéball was a familiar weight in her hand. A little flick and it was in the air – bursting open to reveal her gallade.

D'Artagan glanced from the oranguru to Nanette than back, looking incredulous and a little amused all at once. The oranguru thumped its chest with a massive hand and that was enough for d’Artagnan was refocus, his gaze intent.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
daffodil [m]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 23:11:05 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"oh please," annalise says playfully, dismissing the thought with a flick of her wrist. "i'm not worried about you at all. you're gonna do great!"
[break][break]
meowstic and 's gallade stand in the well-worn clearing in front of their trainers. the poke balls floating around the oranguru begin to rotate faster, making several orbits around the psychic-type before being tossed out into the battlefield. [break][break]a nidorino appears from one, pawing up tufts of grass with a forepaw as it glares across the arena at its opponents. an ursaring joins it in a flash of light, rising onto its hind legs with a frustrated roar.
[break][break]
"shit, it couldn't have stolen a couple wurmple or something instead ... ?" annalise whispers to herself, taking a step back to give their pokemon more fighting room. tucking a lock of hair behind her ear, she turns her head to glance at nanette, looking far more optimistic than she just sounded.
[break][break]
"we've got this!" then, she focuses on her meowstic. "tuna! use psychic on nidorino!"
[break][break]
the nidorino charges across the clearing, horn lowered, prompted by whatever telepathy oranguru possesses. her meowstic holds her paws out, eyes glowing. the nidorino takes on a pink hue and lets out a frightened yelp as its lifted into the air. kicking its feet frantically, it impotently runs in place.
[break][break]
"you've been a ranger for a while, right?" annalise asks nanette, face turned toward her. outside of her line of sight, meowstic tosses nidorino back a few feet with a plop! onto the grass. "it's, like, so weird that we've never run into each other before!"
[break][break]

@

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
daffodil [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 22:25:32 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

The nidorino hadn’t been much cause for alarm. But then the ursaring was bellowing beside it, and Nanette knew this might be something to be concerned about. Nanette nodded bracingly at Annalise’s confidence. It was like a veritable tale of David and Goliath. Featuring an extra nidorino charging back and forth. While the meowstic (apparently named Tuna, which was utterly adorable) focused on the nidorino, d’Artagnan circled the ursaring slowly.

D’Artagnan, use psycho cut!

Her gallade broke into a run, ducking beneath the ursaring’s pinioning arms. There was a glow along d’Artagnan’s arm and the heavy blow of his attack against the ursaring. Whether by its thick hide, sheer rage, or both, the ursaring took the attack manfully.

About six months,” Nanette said. “I know I’ve seen your name floating around. I just get a bit nervous about approaching others.

Especially outside of work or school. Proper social interaction? It was a daunting task. Nanette looked sheepish, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. Annalise was bubbly and charming – someone Nanette definitely wanted as a friend…but Nanette? Actually approaching someone first? Touch luck on that.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
daffodil [m]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 3:35:54 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
this fight is too easy for tuna. the nidorino stubbornly rolls to his feet and shakes off the lingering effects of the psychic. the poison-type charges in again, head down, poison beading from its horn. it strikes an invisible wall and bounces off, poison splattering across the grass. meowstic purrs as the nidorino slumps, dazed.
[break][break]
annalise spares a glance towards the battle with the resounding thud of her opponent striking a psychic wall. worry crosses her face for a heartbeat for a moment, but it dissipates once she sees nidorino begin to rise back onto shaky feet.
[break][break]
"oh, really? nice! how are you liking it so far?" she had been in 's shoes a few months shy of a year ago — bright-eyed and hungry to help out the cause. she's still like that, somehow, despite realizing that hoenn is a ship with a hole in its belly. ranger missions feel like trying to bail seawater out through cupped hands but, arceus, it makes her feel like she's doing something.
[break][break]
"i totally understand!" she chirps, smiling at her mission partner with the warmth of hoenn's summer sun. "luckily for yooou, i know a bunch of rangers who are super friendly and would totally scoop you up and take you under their wing if they met you."
[break][break]
nanette is cute and polite. if annalise could just pull her out of her shell, she'd really blossom as a ranger.
[break][break]
"i'll introduce you to them sometime, if you'd like! but, like, obviously when you're ready though, of course — i don't want to overwhelm you with new faces."
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
daffodil [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 19:27:58 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

It’s been an illuminating experience,” Nanette said.

And while it was one of the more banal responses she could give, she felt that it was accurate. The job was hard work, often thankless, but it was one of the best learning experiences she had gotten by far. Some lessons had been harder than others, wrought with bandaged fingers and bruises that turned eggplant purple, and others had been harder on the heart than on the body. Still, Nanette was glad for it all. Every hurt was a lesson, and she ought to be thankful for all of them. Nanette felt more at ease in her uniform now. Some of the threads were beginning to fray, and her boots – which Nanette had endeavored to keep pristine so early on – were muddied and scuffed. It was the mark of a ranger in the making, surely.

This is a very beautiful region,” Nanette went on, and her voice had softened a little as she said it because she meant it.

For all the chaos in Hoenn, she loved it in its own way. It certainly wasn’t Kalos, but that was the beauty of it all, wasn’t it? Hoenn persevered through fire and flame and goodness only knew what else. Even the Pokémon here had their quirks: they were battling against an oranguru, after all.

D’Artagnan glanced her way and Nanette only had to mouth swords dance for him to understand. It was the best part about working with her longest companion: her gallade knew her, and she knew him, so they knew each other’s discrepancies and where to compensate. The ground rumbled as the ursaring dug its claws into the earth, roaring. D’Artagnan vaulted out of way, swinging his blades with deadly precision.

As the ursaring faltered, Nanette’s decorum stuttered to a halt.

Really?” Nanette almost winced. She could hear how hopeful her own tone was. How pathetic. “I’d like that very much, Annalise, thank you. I’ve been here six months, so it’s about time I started meeting others.

Networking was important, after all. And Nanette was sure it wouldn’t go beyond networking. She wasn’t exactly a fascinating person to befriend. If Annalise was the sun, then Nanette was…what? The moon? No, that was silly. Even the moon had a mysterious charm. If Annalise was like sunshine, then Nanette felt like…well, nothing much. Perfectly ordinary.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
daffodil [m]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 19:50:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"i totally agree!" annalise and are a rare breed — able to live in hoenn with their optimism (at least somewhat) intact. nanette's might be a consequence of being new to the region, but she hopes she can hold onto it.
[break][break]
besides, does the world really need more jaded, pessimistic types?
[break][break]
"i love this place, even if it's kindaaa ... " answers lingers wordlessly in the air, like ripe fruit waiting to be plucked off a tree. chaotic, dangerous, doomed — her partner could take her pick.
[break][break]
a final psychic blast strikes the nidorino, sending it tumbling back toward its "trainer". collapsed in a heap, it doesn't get back up this time. tuna licks her forepaws with a nonchalance that makes the oranguru glare at her from across the battlefield. [break][break]
annalise checks on the battle through a cursory side-glance as she talks about getting nanette in touch with other rangers. nidorino is down and her partner's gallade is gracefully evading every devastating blow the ursaring throws at him.
[break][break]
her gaze sweeps back to her partner, attention drawn by the hopeful note in her voice. annalise gets the vibe that she just needs a couple friends and a little push to tug back the curtain of shy politeness she's standing behind. [break][break]
"of course! we're a team, nanette, and i want you to, like, feel like we are, too." she flashes her a smile, warm and genuine in light of her new goal. "and the first step of that? getting some after-work dinner together so we can talk more about introducing you to some of my ranger besties! if you're not busy, of course."
[break][break]
a manicured hand brushes a lock of hair off her shoulder. her smile grows amused as a thought forms on her tongue. "i'll pay since it's my idea!"

[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
daffodil [m]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 15:17:54 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
the pair eventually beat the oranguru's stolen pokemon. it gives up the poke balls without further fuss; it got the battle it wanted and avoided the two-on-one it didn't. annalise takes the balls and puts them in the safety of her backpack, flashing a smile and a "don't worry, i'll get them back to their trainer asap!"
[break][break]
she parts ways with her partner. dinner plans could be discussed later — reuniting these pokemon with their trainer comes first.
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + i wanna be like you-oo-oo [break]double post for the sweet infamy reward

@

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
daffodil [m]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 6:27:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGER)