quiet hours || c
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 17:29:53 GMT
ryuuzaki amemiya Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidelongcredits"]
[attr="class","sidelong"]
[attr="class","bodybox"]
[attr="class","text-space icon"]

He enjoys the quiet days, those rare few days that come with no new visitors or horrible surprises being wheeled in on gurneys. When he gets those little breaks, he's usually seated at the front desk, updating a few medical records or checking through for discrepancies.[break][break]

A purr rings from below the desk, an icy body brushing against his shins right before he receives a nip to his ankles. Pausing, Ryuuzaki pushes his chair back to gain a glimpse of the perpetrator, reaching down to pick her up for a quick cuddle.[break][break]

"Alright princess, what did you want now?"

[attr="class","headerbox"]

made by gimmick
[break][break]

[googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=Poppins:400,700]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits]width: min-content; margin: 30px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodybox headerbox'; background: #333232; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); --accentRGB: 203, 133, 0; --accent: #cb8500 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .bodybox] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #1f1f1f; grid-area: bodybox; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.25) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #8c7e7e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong i] font-weight: 400; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h2, .sidelong h3] margin: 0; font: inherit [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-horizontal] width: 4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #f9f9f9 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
quiet hours || c
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 22:00:08 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

D’Artagnan was usually very careful. Maybe it came with age. Her gallade had been with her for years and had always acted more as a protector than a peer. With age came wisdom and all the other things. Physical things. Like an apparently increasing fondness for free-form jazz, an even stronger penchant for their morning runs, and joint pains. Aches. Very grown-up things, and more reminders that she was growing up, and d’Artagnan was getting older. He never let it hold him back, but Nanette couldn’t help but worry. He was limping a bit after a mission, shrugging off her concerns until she had given him a look.

Nanette only hesitated in front of the clinic for a moment. She did not like barging into places like this without an appointment, but her concern for her partner came first.

There was a man at the front desk – white hair and red eyes not unlike her own. On his lap, a beautiful glaceon. Nanette felt even worse for just walking in willy-nilly, but when d’Artagnan winced at the weight on his leg, her resolve was solidified.

Excuse me. I’m sorry for just walking in without an appointment, but I’m worried about my gallade. We were working in the field two days ago, and I think he might have pulled something. He’s been limping. I thought it was something that would go away with a compress, but it’s lingering.

And d’Artagnan made a noise that was quite huffy. She knew him. Stubborn old thing, who would push through broken bones if it meant getting the work done. But it was impossible to hide things from a partner. Nanette’s expression was taut with concern.

If there’s any way to squeeze d’Artagnan in for a check-up, I’d be grateful.

close tab

played by

myriascope

ryuu
he/him
december 25
solaceon, sinnoh
undetermined
veterinarian
grunt
too far from home to call it quits
awards
128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ryuuzaki
ryuuzaki amemiya
quiet hours || c
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 23:04:04 GMT
ryuuzaki amemiya Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

He isn't one to miss the shuffling outside the door, his eyes already flicking up from Skadi to meet the gaze of a stranger.[break][break]

"Oh, it's alright." A welcoming smile is followed by him trying to get up, only to sigh as he has to cradle the literal stubborn princess of a Glaceon who refuses to get off of him. "We weren't scheduled for anything today, so I have plenty of time to look him over."[break][break]

Skadi views the Gallade from her lofty throne, wrinkling her nose as she sniffs the air. Then she mews, resting her paws on her trainer's shoulders as she relaxes.[break][break]

"You really are a big baby aren't you, Skadi?" He murmurs, giving her head one last ruffle as he beckons for the duo to follow him. And it isn't that far of a walk, the group soon standing before a weighing scale. "Alright then, I'm gonna need you to stand on there for a bit... Name's Ryuuzaki. And who might you two be?"

made by gimmick
[break][break]

[newclass=.sidelongcredits>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodybox headerbox'; background: #333232; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); --accentRGB: 203, 133, 0; --accent: #cb8500 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .bodybox] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #1f1f1f; grid-area: bodybox; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.25) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #8c7e7e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #f9f9f9 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
quiet hours || c
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 20:14:23 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Nanette, but just call me Nettie. This is d’Artagnan. Your glaceon is beautiful.

Nanette favored Ryuuzaki’s companion with a small smile. Beyond the foyer was a scene very nearly identical to what she saw at any other practice office. Clipboards by the dozen, computers, paperwork, and weighing scales. D’Artagnan wore an expression of weary resignation as he limped after them, and Nanette gave him a stern look. He might have been older (goodness only knew how old he had been when he had entered her life as a kirlia), but they were partners. Friends. So she was going to ensure he took care of himself.

Don’t be stubborn,” she said. “You’re hurt.

If d’Artagnan had his way, Nanette was sure he would suffer in silence. And if she hadn’t known better, this likely would have gotten worse. Nanette gave him a beseeching look and d’Artagnan sighed before stepping up onto the scale. He was still moving gingerly, trying not to put weight on his bad leg. She chewed her lip, arms folded almost protectively over her chest.

She was a ranger. Injuries happened. But it didn’t mean she had to be stone-faced through this.

close tab

played by

myriascope

ryuu
he/him
december 25
solaceon, sinnoh
undetermined
veterinarian
grunt
too far from home to call it quits
awards
128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ryuuzaki
ryuuzaki amemiya
quiet hours || c
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 11:00:25 GMT
ryuuzaki amemiya Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

"Pleasure's mine, Miss Nettie." Come his response, his gaze trailing from the enchanting smile on her lips to the way his Glaceon puffs out her chest at the compliment. "The way you entertain her praise with such pride and mine with disdain... Should I be feeling betrayed here, Skadi?"[break][break]

But a joking smile breaks any illusion of hurt, his attention turning back to d'Artagnan as he observes the Gallade's movements. A pen swiftly marks down whatever measurements he needs, the back of his neck prickling whilst Nanette's emotions sink in. He then proceeds to move away, coming back with chairs in hand and gesturing for them to take a seat.[break][break]

"So, you said you were doing field work a few days ago. If you don't mind me asking, I don't suppose you're a ranger?" If, or more likely when, d'Artagnan sits down, he moves in to take a closer look at the injured leg for any hidden lacerations, inflammation or bruising. "Do you two often work together?"

made by gimmick
[break][break]