6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
why her name like that? [c]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 19:08:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
this was just supposed to be a quick trip to survey damages on the city. to find himself assigned with someone else was less than what kyle finds comfortable, especially with a stranger.

"so, uh, did they force this on you?" he asks.

callista luna moon. immigrant from johto and sergeant of the league, at least it's what was said according to her files. he doesn't know much about her besides that maybe her parents hated her for giving her a name like that.

he's not going to point it out though, since he knows it's probably a sensitive topic if she had to grow up with that name.

"we can, uh, really just end it right now if it's something they just piled on you."

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
pull me baby, i'm your trigger
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 7:26:16 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calliemoontop"]
[attr="class","calliemoon"]

"force this?" her brow arches, lips upturned in an amused smile. "no."

[break][break] kyle lopez, champion of hoenn and AQUA committee member. she knew a lot about him and yet nothing at all. a cursory google search had told him all that she had needed - or cared - to know. since she didn't plan on challenging the gyms in hoenn, she figures that they would probably never cross paths.

[break][break] except AskMews hadn't mentioned how he was also apparently an officer.

[break][break] maybe she'd skipped that article.

[break][break] she snickers. "you sound like you're trying to get out of this. you have somewhere to be, mr. lopez? i can cover for you — if you have a hot date." she'd seen a snapshot of him looking cozy with at a ramen shop, though she wasn't sure if that'd been photoshopped. she'd seen something identical with too, but she was pretty sure he was spoken for.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".calliemoon"]--accent:#708CD4; } .calliemoon { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .calliemoon b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .calliemoon i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .calliemoon u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .calliemoon .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .calliemoon .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .calliemoon img { filter:grayscale(0%); margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calliemoontop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#708CD4;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 17:48:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the tone she exerts already tells kyle she's not the type he can get away with joking around with, especially if the jokes he's prepared to fire are half-meant.

"oh, no. definitely not. i'm being a productive member of society today, yup, yup."

as much as he gets along with the people of the local slateport police precinct (mostly because they're stuck with him), it wasn't the case with the other branches of law enforcement.

kyle takes out a phone to take pictures of the perimeter of the crater city for documentation. phones these days were developed to have lenses rivalling older dslr camera models anyways, so it should suffice.

"i was just wondering if, you know, want to be else where. not that i mind you here, though! company is nice, but not when it's forced, yeah."

awkward words come out to defend a statement that doesn't need to be stated in the first place/

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 19:20:13 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]

a laugh bubbles past her lips.

[break][break] "you're a funny one, ."

[break][break] her head tilts as she watches him take a snapshot of the crater city for documentation. she supposes that she could do so as well, but what's the point when he's already doing all the work? it's why she likes as a boss, because she can often get him to do all the icky paperwork for her.

[break][break] "nah," she says with a shrug. "hoenn is nicer than kanto, anyway. i have nothing to complain about." she stretches, putting her arms behind her head. "plus, i don't have that many friends yet. i mean — other than matias." her gaze twinkles as she looks at him. "you know him too, right?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".calliemoon"]--accent:#708CD4; } .calliemoon { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .calliemoon b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .calliemoon i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .calliemoon u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .calliemoon .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .calliemoon .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .calliemoon img { filter:grayscale(0%); margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calliemoontop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#708CD4;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 8:59:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'll, uh, take that as a compliment."

an awkward laugh ensues, but it takes the edge off from being alone with a stranger.

he raises a brow at the mention of matias. he sure does come around a lot for someone who talks stern and straight to the point. he'd judge people befriending him if he wasn't considered one of them.

"silph? yeah. pretty much everyone does, i think," he answers. "guy's a menace. you get along with him?"

kyle drops down a ledge and continues to walk across the perimeter of the crater.

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 16:25:16 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]

"he was my superior in the army; i kinda have to."

[break][break] she laughs then, voice light as it carries through the area. even though was technically her boss, he'd never been as stiff as a board the same way and were. if anything, he was like a dorky older brother.

[break][break] "he's just hot air. just have to know where to poke him." she winks at the champion, jumping down the ledge along with him.

[break][break] "so what's it like being champion? is it fun? tiring? boring?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 18:55:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle finds himself stifling a chuckle at her assessment.

she was right. is just a bunch of hot air. easily read too, which wasn't exactly a bad thing for kyle.

when she asks him a question, kyle finds it a bit uncomfortable to get an answer out. he, nonetheless, gives a response.

"in a way, it's bothersome. i'm basically stuck with it, but it's not like i have any other choice."

he inherited the title out of seniority from what he had guessed. confidence wasn't there yet, though hanging out with other people who have their eyes on it does give him a bit of clarity with the situation.

"what's your take on people who want the title for the sake of having it?"

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 0:32:44 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]

his response, needless to say, surprises her.

[break][break] but maybe that's because all she's ever thought of the gym circuit was what she'd seen as a kid. plenty of stuck-up, prep school boys bragging about how they would be the new champion, without even having a breadth of the skill.

[break][break] "not what i'd expected of the great champion," she admitted, before smirking at him. "though - it's kinda cool. makes you more human, if you ask me."

[break][break] she turns towards him at his question, looking surprised, before kicking a pebble down the crater.

[break][break] "stupid! what's the point? fame? glory?" she laughs, though this one sounds more hollow than the others.

[break][break] "sounds like some punks who never had to lose anything, or face true evil."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 19:40:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the relatable nature of her answer brings the smile on his expression. it's faint, but it's there.

"you get me," he tells her.

it sounds hypocritical to agree on her on that when he wouldn't voluntarily give it up, but he'd argue that he'd rather keep it than have to work with someone who wouldn't stop rubbing it in front of everyone else's faces.

"at best, it's just bragging rights. don't tell anyone, but i'm only down to holding it just so no one else can have it."

his eyes follow the sound of the pebble rolling down, easing himself up after being put on high alert by the unexpected noise, before going back to the path.

"what would you do if you got the title? i'm running out of ideas with it."

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 6:21:21 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]

"ooh secrets with the great champion?" her gaze twinkles with amusement. "i can get behind that."

[break][break] though something tells her that it probably wasn't a very big one. it wasn't as if was screaming his passion for his job to the rooftops. or at least, that was as much as she could garner from the few interviews she'd seen him in.

[break][break] "hm," she taps her mouth as she considers it, dancing around the side of the cliff. "not sure — it seems like it'd get kinda boring for a while. maybe i'd ask for a discount everytime i went shopping."

[break][break] she arches a brow.

[break][break] "the sales tax can be kinda brutal."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 19:10:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"maybe i should. the position already pays big, along with the aqua contract, so i don't really mind spending big, but i suppose saving for an early retirement's also good."

kyle doesn't really spend much, nor does he have anything big to spend money on. getting new games without waiting for sales or consoles on release was a pretty nice privilege though.

"oh. i did use it to cut lines once or twice before." it was more than two times. "same thing, right?"

it really wasn't.

the path eventually dips down closer to the ground, but still away from the main city. they'd probably be spotted if they went any closer, but in any case, league officers weren't exactly banned on sootopolis by law.

still, kyle follows a winding path down. they'd still need documentation for the ground, after all.

"say, have you fought big fights with rockets before?" he asks, eyeing the city from afar.

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 6:49:23 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]

"oooh, rich guy huh? guess i shouldn't really be surprised." he is the champion, after all. "mind if i use your card sometime, then? since you have so much money to spare."

[break][break] she snickers.

[break][break] "i'm sure there are philanthropic organizations you could donate to." her gaze flicks downwards, to his sneakers. "i'm sure there'd be a lot of orphanages who would love to have pairs of your old sneakers. imagine - being a kid, and being able to say, 'i'm wearing the champion's sneakers!'" her voice pitches higher as she mimics the 10-year old kid who would love to be .

[break][break] her brows disappear into her forehead as the champion leads them down the winding path, probably past where they were allowed to go. well mdash; it wasn't like she was going to argue with him.

[break][break] "hm? oh yeah. i was in kanto, you know."

[break][break] "lots of rockets there."

[break][break] her lips twist into an uncharacteristic scowl at the memory.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 18:59:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
what callie suggests strikes a chord. he did come from one. he comes to think about the prospect of it for a noticeable amount of time. he compares himself now to the him before and comes to a conclusion.

he didn't care for shoes when he was a kid anyways, so he'd probably prefer pokeballs or something.

the change of tone prompts him away from the thought of donating to the nearest orphanage. it jolts him awake, as the familiar bite of aggression can be sensed easily under the tone.

"ah. is that why you're here on hoenn? it's a pretty shit place after all."

before it was invaded on, it had nothing special. after the fact, crime was on an all time high. later on, there were even supernatural events and disasters that happened on a bimonthly basis.

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 8:29:59 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]

"you talking about hoenn? or kanto?"

[break][break] she barks a laugh, a sharp sound, as she turns a wolf's grin on him.

[break][break] "either way, i agree. i like johto the best."

[break][break] her voice is a bit softer as they walk along the crater, observing the city that they definitely weren't supposed to be observing. probably a matter of time before those rats came out of their holes.

[break][break] "it's where i'm from, y'know. goldenrod specifically."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 11:46:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i actually worked on johto before too," he points out, finally finding a topic he can chime in on. "for the blackthorn gym. that city has the same vibes as sootopolis too, and-"

it's then that kyle stops himself from talking. he looks at the city from a distance. people start taking out their pokemon, most notably water-types, to get near them through the little volcanic lake that formed inside the crater.

"ugh. i can't be bothered to deal with those people."

technically, they were still allowed despite rocket taking control of the city, but the local people who support their causes aren't usually the brightest. having a conversation with them just wasn't engaging, or fruitful.

"do you want to just go?" he invites callie. "these photos should be enough to monitor the state of the city, i think."