Waterbirds and Whimsy [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 23:50:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Nikita does not normally like walking through Lilycove's Fish Market, but the shortest walk from the Corviknight taxi station to the hair salon is through the market's main aisle. She could go a roundabout route through the city, but she's almost late for her appointment, so she'd rather not. She'd even brought lunch to eat on the short walk there: half of a sandwich she'd prepared earlier that day.

Thankfully, the sight of most Water-type Pokémon was not enough to frighten Nikita out of her usual composure. So, head held high, she began her march down the street, munching with purpose on her lunch in the hope that she'd finish it in short order.

No such luck was on her side, not that day. She was not more than halfway through the rather large and sprawling market when loud calls from a Wingull overhead filled her ears. The bird descended without warning, attempting to snatch at the sandwich in her hand.

Startled by the attack, Nikita swatted wildly at the Pokémon with her free hand. It persisted, however, flying up a short distance, then diving again for the meal she now held close to her chest.

"Go away, stupid bird!" she shouted in aggravation at the Wingull, who thoroughly ignored her for the chance to steal its prize.

NOTES
+ Mission: Don't Feed the Gulls!
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 2:43:20 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar

It was always convenient when one of Caleb’s missions took him through the Lilycove Fish Market, as there was always something particularly delicious he could buy there for lunch. The boisterous voices of the hawkers coming to bargain and the pungent smell of dead fish were not necessarily the most pleasant qualities a place could have, but they were familiar, and the chowder was especially good - better than Slateport’s, he’d determined.

But chowder would have to wait on this particular afternoon; as soon as Caleb entered the market, he heard the distressed voice of a woman crying out nearby. Not one to ignore such things, he quickly followed the irritated tone to its owner: a slender, silver-haired woman with a strikingly beautiful face, though her brow was currently furrowed and her mouth turned down in an angry scowl. A Wingfull was harassing her, it seemed, up to the usual business of trying to steal food right out of peoples’ hands. Another unfortunate side-effect of a seaside fish market. The scene would have been amusing, really, if the woman hadn’t seemed so put off.

Before the woman could react to his presence by her side, Caleb moved in-between her and the diving Wingull. He deftly reached out with a hand and snatched the flying Pokémon right out of the air. The Pokémon cried out in alarm as Caleb grinned triumphantly.

”Gotcha, you little pest,” he growled. “Now get out of here before I have to get one of my Pokémon involved.” His command seemed to have some effect on the Wingull, for when he released the desperately flapping creature, it zoomed off into the sky without making another attempt at the woman’s sandwich. Soon, it was nowhere to be seen.

”All those martial arts lessons have really paid off,” He chuckled. Then he turned his full attention to the woman once more. ”Are you allright?” He asked in a kindly tone, though his blue eyes sparkled with a lingering playfulness.

Don't Feed the Gulls![break]@nikita

[break]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 10:04:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The sheer fact that a man seemed to materialize beside Nikita and plucked a small and erratically moving target right out of the air with ease was enough to shock her out of the well-crafted poise she usually possessed. She stared at Caleb with a slack jaw and wide hazel eyes.

"Um," she began, blinking away her astonishment, "yes, thank you. I am."

In moments, her composure returned. She straightened her posture and schooled her expression into a polite, neutral smile. "That was impressive, Mister…?" she ventured, seeking his name. At the very least, she would wish him a good day with it.

NOTES
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 14:23:58 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar

"Sharpe. Caleb Sharpe." Caleb introduced himself, grin widening. She was well-dressed, her clothing finely made and her style refined. The narrow black pencil skirt and sleeveless white blouse were appropriate for the heat of summer but still gave off a classic, timeless look. A businesswoman of some kind, no doubt, Caleb guessed. Perhaps on her way to work.

It was then that he noticed the odd way the bright sunlight seemed to be reflecting off of her left shoulder; upon closer inspection, he realized that her pale skin gave way to a metallic material at the shoulder joint, and in fact, her entire left arm and hand were a sleek robotic prosthetic rather than flesh and blood. Her left leg below the skirt is made of the same material, he immediately recognized, the observation skills he had gained over a decade of working in investigative services (for good or for ill) taking over. It was not common to see folks with such major prosthetics, let alone such modernized, advanced ones. He had almost missed them completely simply because they were so unobtrusively designed combined with how gracefully the woman seemed to move despite their presence. She has had these for most of her life, he mused intuitively.

Because he had also worked as a spy for much of his adult life, he also knew how to hide his general surprise and curiosity. He kept his expression open and kindly - casual - ignoring what others likely stared openly at, gaze quickly moving back to her face.

"And you are?" He asked back politely.

[break]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 17:27:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Mr. Sharpe," Nikita echoed, her smile unwavering even as his eyes flickered over her prosthetics.

To her surprise, he did not stare at them or even ask about them — not yet anyway. Most people would either gawk or rudely point them out, but she had grown used to that, so his non-judgment was unexpected. That didn't mean he wouldn't ask about them eventually, however.

"Nikita Wells," she introduced herself. "I would offer you a handshake, but I don't have a napkin to wipe my hand with first." She raised the half-eaten sandwich in her right hand as if in apology. "At any rate, it was nice meeting you," she concluded, though her tone was more civil than sincere.

She turned away from Caleb and resumed her walk down the main street of the market.

NOTES
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 16:45:47 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar

"Hey now," Caleb called after the woman as she abruptly turned and began walking away. "Let me treat you to a bowl of chowder! It's the best in Hoenn. Pretty much the only reason to visit the Lilycove Fish Market, given the dangers of being accosted by pesky scavengers." The corner of his mouth quirked up in a lopsided grin as he surveyed her rather pathetic half-eaten sandwich. "After all, that Wingull nearly snatched your current lunch right out of your hand. Something fresh might be more, well, appetizing?"

He was at her side in an instant, and easily matched her walking pace. Again, he was impressed with how smoothly she glided across the pavement despite her entirely artificial left leg. Prosthetic technology was getting more and more advanced it seemed; she must come from wealth for her family to have been able to afford such fine, custom work.She dresses nicely and does not seem particularly at ease in the Fish Market. Upper class indeed.

[break]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 17:28:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Ah. This man was one of those people.

"No thank you," Nikita said, her tone becoming frosty as her brow crinkled slightly in a frown. As a master of the art of emotional defense, she knew what it took to dissuade persistent men from applying their desires onto her. Men wanted vulnerable, open, emotive women whose smiles and laughter could entertain them.

Well, Nikita was no such woman.

"I have an appointment," she said by way of explanation, though she knew deep down she didn't have to give one. But Caleb had just helped her with alarming effectiveness, so explaining her reason for swift departure felt less like a betrayal of herself than it normally would.

NOTES
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 1:53:26 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar

Ah. This woman was one of those people.

Double prosthetics, beautiful, important, He mused. She must be tired of folks constantly treating her like some kind of novelty. I would shore up my defenses too, if I were her.

Undeterred, Caleb continued walking with the woman, matching her pace so as not to gain ground or fall too far behind. Her cold exterior did little to dissuade him; if anything, it only made him that much more determined to break through her shell. He’d grown up with a brother who’s demeanor had been anything but open and inviting, and he’d never taken it personally. He knew how to play the long game.

”Another time then? At least let me give you my card, so you have my contact information. Surely you don’t have appointments every day?” He winked at her as he fished in his jacket pocket for one of his business cards. It read Caleb Sharpe: League Officer | Private Investigative Services in smart, clean lettering, below which his phone number and mailing address were printed in a slightly smaller script.

”If you’re new to the area, I’d be happy to show you around after grabbing lunch one of these days,” He continued sincerely, holding out the card. ”And if you’ve been here for some time, well, then I guess it was simply my own bad luck that prevented me from crossing paths with you before. In any case, what do you say?”

[break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 2:16:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Despite the fact that Caleb kept pace with her, Nikita did not quicken her stride. It would just prove to him that his continued presence made her uncomfortable, and she would not grant any person that pleasure. When he pulled out his card and presented it to her, though, she did slow down until she stopped, surprised. The average man did not carry business cards on them, and it was her habit to consider, even for a moment, those who did.

She took the proffered card despite herself. League Officer, it said. Private Investigative Services.

Nikita glanced up into his disarming smile before looking back down at the card. She should not meet this man again. The attention of the police was the last kind she wanted to attract.

"Officer," she said aloud, further distancing herself from him using his professional title instead of his name, "you might be surprised at how many appointments I do keep."

Common decency forced her to pocket the business card. "I appreciate the invitation," she said politely. "I'll consider it."

NOTES
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 2:46:17 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar

It was subtle - very subtle - as she was already quite determined to leave him behind, but the way her eyes had widened ever so slightly as she’d read his card…well, it was something else he’d seen before: the desire to avoid police scrutiny. Have something to hide, Miss Wells? His instincts immediately wondered. Then again, the general public tended to pursue a healthy amount of avoidance when it came to the police; he chalked it up to superstitions around running into an officer increasing the likelihood of a parking ticket or minor speeding offense. Nonsense, of course. That wasn’t even his department.

”Please do,” he grinned. ”You’d be dining with Caleb the amateur martial artist who saves women from attacking Wingull, not Caleb the officer, I should add. I do have off days, and I’m not about to investigate every person I meet.” He chuckled, sincere in his attempt at winning her over.

Time to go, you’ve taken up enough of her time now. Don’t be a creep.

”In any case, I’m pleased to have run into you, Miss Wells,” He nodded his head to her in a respectful gesture. ”Do have a nice day.” With that, he turned in the opposite direction and began to walk leisurely back into the heart of the Lilycove Fish Market. His chowder was calling.

[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 8:06:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@nikita