Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 1:33:41 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Le Coucher du Soleil
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth leaned forward from where she sat high upon the dunes, a floral beach towel laid beneath her to mark this small part of the beach as her own. Splashfest was in full swing, evidenced by the countless Hoennites that milled across the golden sands in pairs, lingering before the moonlit shore in preparation for the promised fireworks that would occur.

It had been a long time since Elisabeth had seen such a spectacle, herself. Years, even.

Tonight, Elisabeth was alone. Not necessarily because she wished to be, but not necessarily because she didn't want to be, either. Instead of a human companion, a tiny Sunkern sat beside her, its goofy smile tilted skywards in anticipation of glowing lights.

"Hm?" Elisabeth said, amused as she smiled down at the eager seedling. "Are you impatient, Sunshine?"

She scooped the squirming Pokémon into her arms, cradling it close as she laughed. The beach was still filling up with people; there were still likely a few seeking a place to relax before the night's event began in earnest.

In fact, there was such a spot right beside Elisabeth, if someone wished to take it and join her here.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Hot Summer Nights ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 19:24:00 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

and in fact, there was someone. if pokemon counted, that is. heavy paws trod across soft sands before a large heap of fur sprawls across belly-flat beside her. a stoutland stares at the darkening sea ahead, head cradled by its paws.[break][break]

"oh, i am so sorry." dahlia says, her light dress tickled by the occasional summer wind. "come on wilfred, let's not bug the lady and her sunkern."[break][break]

under the curl of her arm, she too, holds a rolled beach towel. to the keenest of eyes, one may notice bodyguards stationed nearby.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon stoutland"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 20:32:57 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Le Coucher du Soleil
[break][break]
[break]
An amused laugh greeted the canine Pokémon as it flopped beside Elisabeth happily. "Hello there, Wilfred. I'm Elisabeth. Nice to meet you."

The Stoutland's harmless sniffing caused the Sunkern to let out a tiny squeak of alarm, which Elisabeth silenced with a little pat on the plant Pokémon's head.

"Oh, and no apologies necessary." Her green eyes scanned the expanse of beach, before glancing up to . This higher tier of the shore had remained fairly isolated, but offered a decent view of the events below. "I'm not expecting company. Take as much space as you like."

She had silently taken notice of the silhouettes of the bodyguards around them; this part of the beach afforded enough space for Dahlia and her entire entourage. Not an altogether unexpected thing, considering the important rank of the woman before her.

"Besides," Elisabeth added with an easy smile, "I wouldn't dream of making Wilfred move from such a comfortable spot."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 9:15:54 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

elisabeth receives their presence with such grace that dahlia is already enamored. she sweeps in beside wilfred with a blanket, her hand stroking across the thick hairs of the stoutland's back.[break][break]

the commissioner laughs. "thank you, i'm sure wilfred appreciates that." she returns the smile, extending a hand over like a delicate gem. "i'm dahlia."[break][break]

the night canvas seems to brim with anticipation.[break][break]

"i used to be fond of watching the fireworks alone myself," dahlia says, but unfortunately, that life is no longer mine now."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 19:30:11 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Le Coucher du Soleil
[break][break]
[break]
"Elisabeth," the blonde returned in greeting, shaking Dahlia's hand with a practised grace. Whatever coarseness that gardening and weeding would have wrought on the florist's hands had been soundly smoothed out by a ruthless beauty regimen, silent proof of the woman's own vanity. "And this is Sunshine," she added, indicating the timid Sunkern in her lap.

The brief admission in Dahlia's words surprised Elisabeth, albeit slightly. Though there was nothing surprising in them, truthfully. She understood better than most the allure of anonymity and solitude, particularly after experiencing the misery of infamy.

"Life has a funny way of not being what we expect it to be, doesn't it?"

She understood, too, how suffocating the presence of constant observation could be, under the guise of one's supposed protection. The blonde took in the sight of the bodyguards slowly aligning around them, but chose not to comment upon it, instead taking the words as aimed at Elisabeth specifically.

It was a kindness, a polite feigning that the woman next to her was no different than anyone else Elisabeth had encountered at Splashfest. It was not true privacy, but it was the closest to it that Elisabeth could offer.

"This is my first time seeing fireworks in many years, truth be told. I hope I can prove to be good company."

Overhead, the first of the fireworks whistled into being, its pink and white burst a seeming tribute to Clefairy as it dazzled and gleamed. Sunshine glanced up, mouth agape in amazement at the sight, and Elisabeth laughed suddenly at the silliness of her own Pokémon's expression.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 23:24:20 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

after shaking elisabeth's hand, dahlia wiggles her fingers at the sunkern. each digit like a sparkler's tickling ignition. in contrast, her stoutland stirs little. the canvas of night is still dark and unmoving, save for the warning blinks from stars.[break][break]

"oh?" dahlia says. "work keeping you busy, i assume?"[break][break]

the burst of a firework casts pink and white against the stoutland's stirring muzzle. the dazzling spread scatters across the night-shaded face dahlia wears.[break][break]

"i can relate very much if that's the case." dahlia laughs.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 23:45:55 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Le Coucher du Soleil
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth offered her companion a wistful smile, watching as the commissioner played with her easily-entertained Sunkern. "Something like that."

She'd spent the better part of the last decade acting according to someone else's interests and whims. Marriage was a sort of vocation, she supposed, in and of itself.

"It's certainly true for me lately. Although summer is a slower season for florists." Elisabeth glanced over her shoulder, contemplating how best to phrase her next words, before saying, "I suppose your work doesn't slow down much, if ever?"

The flare of the lights overhead cast Elisabeth's face in a rosy hue, one that was beginning to darken to a purplish colour as illusionary Haunter filled the sky.

It was enough to make the Sunkern in her lap hop up in startlement, spooked.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 4:07:50 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"no, it does not."[break][break]

dahlia laughs through her words, but perhaps it is her breathlessness. her schedule runs from her continuously as a rolling boulder.[break][break]

there is little break, save for this one.[break][break]

and even then, as the fireworks bloom above to illuminate the encroaching duties lurking in dahlia's shadow.[break][break]

"i hit the ground running and i've never stopped." the commissioner says, pulling her hand away from the frightened sunkern. "would you like to switch places, then?"[break][break]

a jest, of course. a jest.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 5:35:51 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Le Coucher du Soleil
[break][break]
[break]
A jest, maybe, but an amusing one to consider all the same.

Imagine: working as a florist in Petalburg by day, and an admin in the Rocket administration by night. It brought a slight smirk to Elisabeth's lips, which quickly burst into peals of melodic, rich laughter.

"You have the name for being a florist, at least," she said, grinning. "Dahlias are often viewed as symbols of grace under pressure, did you know? I suppose it's because they outlast many other autumnal flowers."

Elisabeth leaned back on her beach towel for a moment, allowing the blue, green, and white lights of the fireworks to wash over her as she did so. The Stoutland next to her offered a pleasant, warm presence, one that her Sunkern had sneakily begun to make use of by cuddling next to it for comfort.

"I think Hoenn should be relieved you are in the position of commissioner over myself." Again, a helpless laugh escaped her, one that shuddered through her whole body. "Having met the members of our council, I would wonder at my own ability to rein them in, never mind anyone else's."

She didn't envy that impossible task. The power, however?

Oh, that she envied a great deal.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 23:43:48 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

under the bloom of celebration, the elaboration of her name's meaning flatters her. fireworks may be transient. brief and fleeting, but the commissioner is determined to do as her namesake and outlast.[break][break]

"you are too kind, elisabeth." she is purposeful in saying her name. so she will not forget. "oh, well, people will do as they please in the end. we ultimately can not convince others to do what we want, let alone a wider public."[break][break]

she laughs. her stoutland snoozes, its bed of fur the softest nest for the sunkern.[break][break]

"but you never know, elisabeth. taking care of a region could be compared to tending one's garden."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 4:23:42 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Le Coucher du Soleil
[break][break]
[break]
Being called by her first name, strangely, didn't startle her; rather, it pleased her in a slow, surprised way, one that Elisabeth reflected in the smile she returned to Dahlia in kind.

"Ah, well. Perhaps that's for the best, in the end. That we are all accountable for our own actions."

Elisabeth shrugged, her emerald eyes mirroring the golden sparks that sang in the sky overhead. She could hear the rustle of her Sunkern getting comfortable, leaning against the sleeping Stoutland snugly.

"Better to control our own behaviour, than to allow others to control ours for us. Even if that makes collaboration a trial."

"but you never know, elisabeth. taking care of a region could be compared to tending one's garden."

Suddenly she rolled over on the towel, her golden hair spilling behind her with the motion as she regarded the commissioner thoughtfully, propped up on an elbow to face her directly.

"Perhaps," Elisabeth admitted, a sort of slyness revealed in that single word. "I'll admit to glimpsing the snakes that slither in your grass, the rocks that attempt to choke what growth you seek to nurture, and the weeds that are left behind due to the neglect of others."

Though the way she looked at Dahlia now was not in an accusatory manner. Instead, it was one of commiseration, paired with a sort of resigned amusement at the way their gardens both were overgrown, albeit in different ways.

"Gardening is a great deal of thankless work, isn't it, Dahlia?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 23:58:34 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

even weeds weasel themselves in between stalk and reed despite the most careful hand.[break][break]

"thankless in some ways. fulfilling in others. i suppose gardeners don't garden for the purposes of praise, after all."[break][break]

the commissioner wonders if she must dirty her nails. tuck soil and grime underneath their cut crescents as she unearths those who choke the roots of others.[break][break]

and her own.[break][break]

"do you have a business card? i'd love to visit one day."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 0:21:15 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Le Coucher du Soleil
[break][break]
[break]
"No," Elisabeth said, something breathed out in the single word of agreeance. "Sustaining life, I think, is its own reward."

In that respect, their professions were the same. Flowers were at least unspoken in all things, though, not merely in their gratitude.

The finale burst overhead in a scattering corona of ruby, gold, and orange tinctures, dancing like a Typhlosion's wheel of flames to ignite the sky. As the heatless sparks whistled above them, however, Elisabeth studied instead the commissioner opposite her with a gentle scrutiny.

An uncaring populace's harsh and swift judgment was something the florist had known, too, in a different way and a different region. She silently admired the grace of Dahlia's resilience as commissioner all the more for it.

Which made the woman's request for her business card all the more pleasantly surprising.

"I do, actually."

Elisabeth stirred to reach for her beach bag, leaning forward to accidentally jostle her Sunkern awake with the movement. The pouting seedling whimpered softly back into the Stoutland's fur as Elisabeth returned with a scented card between her fingertips, floral notes of honeysuckle and lily-of-the-valley wafting from its dainty, flower-patterned surface.

"We're located on the edge of the woods, just outside of Petalburg City. It's not terribly difficult to find."

A faint smile creased her lips, the kind that hinted at something impish.

"You're welcome whenever it pleases you. I have never turned down interesting company."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 4:46:56 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

dahlia slips the card between her fingers. carefully, she presses the card to the tip of her nose. her lips blossom into a smile, eyes expanding wide like a firework.[break][break]

"ooooh, scented too?" the commissioner's laugh flutters quick like combee wings. "i like your touch. priya? pencil in a visit to petalburg, will you?"[break][break]

and just like that, the illusion is broken. one of her staff flips through several pages of an agenda before finally penciling one in.

"it may have to wait until we save the region though." the commissioner says. "well, i had a good time. thank you for the company, elisabeth."[break][break]

her stoutland is careful to let the sunkern know as it lifts from slateport's illuminated sands.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Painted Sky [M, VV]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 22:48:42 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Le Coucher du Soleil
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth's bright laughter answered 's, a genuine fondness singing in its melody.

"Of all the things to resent the meteor for, commissioner, I have to say that being deprived of your company wasn't one I expected. A shame that the fate of the world has such a demand on your time."

The people on the beach were beginning to disperse beneath the starlit sky; at this distance from the dunes, the specks of shadow were no larger than that of a Cutiefly, winging its way into the night.

Something in Elisabeth's expression softened as she watched the Stoutland gently nudge her Sunkern awake, the seedling yawning loudly as it waddled back into her care. "I have every faith that the League will succeed in this endeavor, however."

Of all the things they had in common, this one held true: both wanted to see Hoenn survive, no matter how.

"Have a pleasant night, commissioner. When we next meet, I hope it's in as pleasant circumstances."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]