awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 19:12:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

After that conversation with a certain someone, he knew that there was nothing else—absolutely nothing else, to it.

He couldn’t help the feeling of inadequacy, because—while he did function as one of the Gym Leaders, there were certain… certain things he was also privy to. Like that world-crossing thing down at Granite Cave earlier in the year that he got involved in, for one. World-crossing? In this day and age?

He would cross that bridge when he got there, though.

Being a member of the public, he only had what the HNN presented to go off of. He couldn’t help but feel that what the public had to work with was, at least, what the news chose to present.

(There was something else that was constantly bothering him, and it would continue to do so until he got his hand on some answers.)

Hoping that the good ol’ Commissioner herself wasn’t busy, he waited outside her office—there was nothing else to it. He’d even cleared out a day from taking challenges to make this appointment because he had so much to say about what was coming.

And how he hated being so helpless to stop it.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 19:27:13 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

eventually, the door opens. the secretary outside is quick to alert mr. ivanov, but the commissioner's mr. rime has that taken care of. [break][break]

it gestures toward alexei, cane icy in its other hand. [break][break]

should alexei enter, dahlia awaits behind her wooden desk, quickly shuffling papers across the firm oak promontory.[break][break]

"alexei ivanov. what can i do for you today?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon mr-rime"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 19:32:25 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It didn’t take too long for him to be shown into the office proper. It was time to get the show on the road, as they would say back home.

“I have… questions,” was his preamble.

So many questions, if I’m being honest, he continued to himself but chose not to say that part out loud. At least, not yet.

It was like he’d stepped into a room with a gigantic chessboard, him on the black side, and in order to find the answers he needed he had to handle his shit very carefully.

“Questions about what’s headed this region’s way.”

Surely she would understand what he wanted to discuss.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 19:38:53 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"then take a seat. make yourself comfortable."[break][break]

the commissioner gestures to an upholstered armchair, its limbs a dark wood. the seat itself hovers lower and nearer to the ground.[break][break]

the mr. rime closes the door. the latch bolt clicks, ensnaring the space. and alexei.[break][break]

"what questions do you have?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 19:58:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Is it—is it deliberate?”

Those were the first words out of his mouth, the moment he’d gotten settled down.

“Deliberate, what the HNN releases to the public about the incoming meteor?”

Because all Meteor-summoning jokes aside, fact of the matter was that he was also running thin. Thin, on how to handle the panic that was happening among the general public. Hoarding supplies, for one thing.

“I’m at a loss, on how to keep the people of Fortree calm about this. Have you seen what’s going on in the supermarkets?”

He left it at that.

(Because even then, he knew that had a hard time securing some of the requested supplies he’d asked the other to pick up for him, considering how chaotic the groceries were at the moment.)

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 20:04:31 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yes, and it is a plan that we know will work." [break][break]

the commissioner says. her mr. rime comes over to alexei, hands looking for any jacket or extraneous fabrics to take and hang.[break][break]

"some level of panic is to be expected. that is why we had to wait until we had an actual, plausible strategy to release to inform the public." [break][break]

she smiles lightly. not of joy, but of sympathy and the shape hovers just above its waters. [break][break]

"i understand it is an absolutely terrifying situation. we're all scared." the commissioner straightens her back. "if you are at a loss, what have you tried?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 20:12:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“How—how sure are you the plan’s going to work? Is it absolutely foolproof? How…how ironclad are you with that decision?”

His intuition was picking up on something—he hoped it was wrong, but at the same time he’d learned his lesson of always trusting his intuition whenever it warned him about something that turned out to be right in the end.

(Because hindsight really did have a bad habit of kicking him in the ass when he didn’t trust that intuition.)

“And my next question is—about whatever it is you’ve got planned—are you absolutely determined, absolutely sure that there’s no room for alternate options?”

Because right then and there that survey question came to mind, and he couldn’t help but shiver for a few moments, the tail of his scarf shifting ever so slightly as he adjusted it to account for where it had draped on.

“Keeping a hand on whatever supplies the Sanctuary has stockpiled is a challenge, because you know that it’s not just an aviary, it’s also a medical facility. Try as I might to assure the people who come by for advice, or even just… just words of reassurance, I can’t help but think.”

Help but think that we’re being left in the dark, he continued the rest of the sentence to himself, but chose not to voice that out.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 20:22:07 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"absolutely foolproof." dahlia says firmly. "the only universe we know that we can reliably teleport to and from is sea hoenn. no other universe. to doubt that is to doubt our scientists."[break][break]

she crosses her legs, the movement hidden by the barricade of oak timber.[break][break]

"we have explored other alternate options." dahlia recalls the aftermath of 's impromptu trespass of dimension. "but nothing reliable has been found."[break][break]

an incredulous hue sprawls across her face. she is almost amused. almost.[break][break]

"have you come just to request supplies for the sanctuary? we can help you immediately, alexei." she tilts her head like a perched noctowl scrutinizing its grounded denizens. "if your belief in the league is uncertain, alexei, then your words of reassurance will take no flight."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 21:24:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

There was—something in her words that made him doubt that.

After all, he himself was proof that travel to other worlds was definitely possible.

Somehow, I don’t believe you, were the words he really, absolutely wanted to say—but held himself back from saying.

“Forgive me for being so impudent, but—have you tried looking for anyone else who may have crossed into…into another reality?”

He had an idea, but he wondered if she was going to nibble at it.

“Be—because… earlier in the year, and I don’t know how many people were down there, but there were some others who… who got a letter. And went to Granite Cave to get a wish granted, of all places.”

Did he still have the letter? Hmm…

As for the supplies—

“While I would not turn away some emergency supplies—as I know that other places may need it—my point still stands—have you tried reaching out to anyone else and searching for those alternate options?”

Because this ‘ironclad’ solution can’t be the be-all, end-all to everything, he finished the rest of the sentence in the back of his head.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 21:31:34 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yes, i have." dahlia says. "dr. being one of them." she raises a brow, its perfect arch sharpening toward the the duct. [break][break]

"reports about the happenings of granite cave have come in too." she looks bewildered now, voice now hard. patience thinned. "alexei, are you not listening to a word i'm saying?"[break][break]

the commissioner stands from her seat, the stutter from alexei's mouth granting her permission enough to do so.[break][break]

"reports of a figure named father winter granting passage to other dimensions does not do anything for us when said figure was malicious in intent and the manner in which they traveled is not available to us." [break][break]

she sharpens her gaze. all angles lock onto fortree's gym leader.[break][break]

"did you meet this man? this father winter?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 21:44:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What about it, then?” he continued, the look on his face unyielding, because holy hellballs was this what his friend had to put up with every time they were called in for closed-door meetings?

Hot damn.

“If I say I did, would you reconsider reaching out to other people?”

Deep inside, he was already screaming at himself for the utter—but he had to soldier on.

He was—he knew he was treading on thin ice (and was probably too upset to care at this point) but the fact of the matter is, there were alternate solutions to the problem; and he was determined to figure them out as much as he could.

(Or as much as he would anyway, considering the circumstances.)

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 21:53:43 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"no, you would be on grounds of punishment for withholding important information."[break][break]

she shakes her head, a blonde curl unfurling from past her ear to her cheek. it is clear to her that alexei's resistance betrays his lived experience.[break][break]

"alexei, you are out of your element." dahlia says. "you have no idea what you are talking about. what gives you more confidence in knowing than the scientists and trainers who have already sought out possible solutions?"[break][break]

she does not dare to stray her gaze away from his.[break][break]

"if i have already contacted and worked with our head scientists and other tasked trainers," dahlia says, "then who else does our government reach out to? please give me an answer. now."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 22:11:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What if I told you, that there is another world out there, one that’s overrun with those… those beasts that appeared during the Three-Day war,” he continued, his face frozen into this look of dismay, “…that you can consider as a possible option?”

He had no idea of knowing if the underground Fortree was still there—or if it was gone. Probably the latter, considering how long it had been since he was there last.

(As if he could go back there again.)

With that strange creature borne of magma living so close to where the underground city was at the time he’d been there? It was probably either still there, or it had been since long evacuated.

A barely-repressed shudder chilled his blood as he thought of the other option that rose unbidden to the forefront of his brain, but he quelled the thought for now.

“But then again you’ve already sold yourself on the ‘ironclad’ solution that you’ve come up with, since alternatives are out of the question with you since you’re so decided on this.”

There was a—very colorful tirade on the back of his tongue, but he bit it down.

“And what then, what of the other people who are in a position of power, do they not deserve the right to be aware at the very least, of what you’re planning up here? Having just what the HNN released to the public to go off of is chaotic at best.”

And hellish at the worst, but I’m not telling you that, he added to himself in the back of his mind.

“I hold the interests of the people of Fortree as much as the mayor does. A little information from all the way up here would go places, would go miles with helping plan around the panic of the general public.”

Because if that chaos that had seen down at Slateport really was happening not just there, but in other places too—he wanted to help keep Fortree as peaceful (and prepared) as possible.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 22:16:12 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

dahlia listens to alexei's monologue intently. purposefully. there is no distraction. even her mr. rime stands quietly, holding its frigid cane.[break][break]

"alexei, here are two questions i have for you."[break][break]

she announces. raises a finger.[break][break]

"one. how do we teleport the meteoroid to that world?" [break][break]

she raises the second finger.[break][break]

"two. we have told you the plan. what is the plan? please recount it for me."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 22:42:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“If you can pull the energies from this,” and at this point this is where he pulls out the Gyaradosite he’d found wedged between Hera’s tail fins and setting it on the table between them, “then maybe the science department can pull the location from it. This almost gave me a concussion had my Phione not caught it while I was battling that—those, Heatran I think, where I ended up in. As compared to all the other stones I have which come from here, the energy crackling around this one feels very different from the rest. At least, different from the others when they Mega Evolve.”

It was an impossibility, but one nonetheless that he would offer.

As for the second question?

“I can only tell you what you told the rest of us. That you have a ‘solution’, and that’s to take the asteroid—meteor, whatever it is, really—to that particular location. That’s it. That’s all I’m aware of, and what the public knows.”

The scowl lines on his face manifested more easily now.

He wanted to tirade, oh, so badly, but—he had an entire city to protect.