Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
The Room Where It Happened
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 14:49:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac usually wasn't the most enthusiastic about speaking with the press, if he was being honestly. That was doubly so when they were coming at him on Rocket duty. The whole point of the mask and motorcycle deal was to not speak with anyone, dangit! Though in Penelope's defense, he had initiated, if only to make sure she wasn't one of those Groudon cultists in disguise.[break][break]

Now he was back at the scene of the incident. Mask still on, guard still raised, because it'd be a cold day in hell before Isaac broadcast his true identity all over Hoenn. That was the miracle of journalistic integrity, at least. If both of them colored within the lines, nobody would have to escalate things.[break][break]

Besides, a Rocket grunt existing somewhere wasn't news anymore. These days, you couldn't throw a rock into a crowded street without pegging one actual grunt and at least three sympathizers. Surveys anonymously asked people whether they favored their iwn government or an outside insurgency that spilled over from Kanto. Legendary Pokemon literally threw their lot behind them! At this point, Team Rocket existing wasn't newsworthy. How long this whole game would last, on the other hand? There was a real scoop.[break][break]

That'd have to be a story for another time, though. And frankly, Isaac did not want to be the one in the hotseat for it. Instead, he was here on more neutral business. The Mew-Man had descended from the skies here but days ago, tearing through a pack of Groudon cultists like a pack of Carvanha on a Miltank carcass. Who was it? What did it want? And how and why did it eat his Eevee, albeit briefly?[break][break]

Nuts fo the faction war. Nuts to Splashfest. Nuts to the meteor, even. This was going to be the real scoop of the century.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 10:47:04 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Memories of that faithful arid afternoon still shudder down her spine as she slowly enroached on the cultists' grounds for the second time that month. After retrieving her broken camcorder, the strange pokemon had left, leaving both her and her fellow victim just enough time to exchange contact information before deciding to meet up again.
[break][break]
Not ideal, given how JUICY it would've been to interview him then and there, but with the destruction of her camcorder fucking things up, she needed to return back to the station to manually retrieve the capture footage.
[break][break]
That was when she noticed it was distorted. Fuzz. Almost impossible make out in the haze of action. In one, flawless swoop, it became a UFO citing instead of concrete evidence of their experience.
[break][break]
Sighing, the woman trudged up the rocky terrain, hair bundled up behind her in a tight ponytail. "Hello," she greeted, smiling, "Hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 13:13:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Nah. If anything, Mew-Man was the one who really kept us waiting. Y'know, with the whole yeeting your camcorder off of a cliff thing," Isaac said. It was almost strange to be speaking so casually in his Rocket guise. It was totally unbefitting of the voice-disguising throat strain and the skull shaped game face to just use the word "yeet" like that. But that's what happened when business required a softer touch.[break][break]

The reporter had come alone, too. Good. It wasn't an ambush. In a show of good faith, Isaac had similarly left his burner far, far away, resting on a rock somewhere in the periphery of his vision. Isaac wasn't the type to menace reporters on a whim, but he knew most Rockets weren't the type to cultivate a trustworthy reputation when in full Rocket guise. He wouldn't have blamed her at all if she was suspicious.[break][break]

Luckily, she didn't seem to be. Them being united for one purpose helped. "So, lay the damage on me. How much of the footage got lost in the drop?" Isaac asked. "Figure I might as well get that out of the eay before this interview starts. Y'know. So I have an idea of how crazy we're gonna sound once we actually start talking."[break][break]

Depending on their luck, this'd either be a journalistic breakthrough or some UFO hunter tier rambling. As someone who had lived through it, Isaac was praying for the former.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 22:46:50 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

This wasn't Penelope's first entanglement with a rocket. From the likes mr. himself to the passionate scientist ( ) she had interviewed a month earlier, there had been no shortage of dangerous conversation inflicting the normalcy of her typical cozy afternoons. This time, however, she didn't have to fear for her life.
[break][break]

Or, at least, she didn't feel the need to.
[break][break]

Given her time on the field, Penelope had developed a natural tendency to rank those around her into three categories: threats, non threats, or tbds. This man fell into the second category.
[break][break]

"None of it." Causally, she reached forward to hand over the replacement camcorder she bought. A copy of the film was already place inside and ready to be replayed. "The footage is still intact, but..." She gave him a second to see for himself. "Whenever that pokemon comes on screen, the film gets distorted."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 23:10:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Huh. Penelope wasn't kidding. Most of the footage was way more clear than you'd expect from a camcorder that had gotten flung off of a cliff. It was just that the film distorted anytime the lens was on the Mew-Man. It was some pretty bad distortion, too. At this point, they'd basically be describing some vaguely lavender blob.[break][break]

"Eesh, that's rough," Isaac said. At the very least, his first inclination was to agree with her assessment. None of this was going to be usable. Yet, despite that . . . something about Isaac made him not want to dismiss this right out of hand. "But, hold on. A lot of this footage is still clear, right? It's just the parts when the Mew-Man's on screen?"[break][break]

Okay. Okay. The gears in Isaac's head were starting to turn now. "Alright. This part here? The hurricane?" Isaac said. "I think we can use that. My team all shows up on the footage, right? Totodile, Aggron, Dhelmise, Eevee, Cubone? Yeah, no. None of them could whip a wind up like that if they even tried. And that Groudon cult . . . well, that's the exact opposite of their deal. So that rules out any source but the Mew-Man, yeah?"[break][break]

Every neuron was firing off at once now. "Are there any other Pokemon that do something like that? Distort camera feed of themselves if they don't want to be seen?" Isaac said. "If we can at least give evidence of something similar happening, or repeat the phenomenon itself . . . it's a long shot, but long shot's better than no shot, right?"[break][break]

Now if only he could think of the right Pokemon for the job. Isaac was really good at fast talk and throwing out ideas, but Giratina was in the details and those were always his weak spot.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]306 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 5:28:21 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The kid was hopeful, at least.
[break][break]

Pursing her lips, she silently listened as he rambled on, letting him flesh out his ideas before ultimately crushing anything without substance.
[break][break]

"Without hard evidence, it'll be no better than an internet myth," she shrugged, reaching out for the camcorder again. "We can spin it as such until more comes through, but that's just the reality of the situation."
[break][break]

It snapped close and she snugged the device back into her back.
[break][break]

"If you want to try recreating it, we'll need a psychic type. Do you have one on you?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 13:17:51 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"No dice, huh? Damn," Isaac said. Penelope had more experience at this kind of thing, and clearly didn't need a spoken brain jam to come to the conclusion she'd already reached. If there wasn't a Mew-Man on camera, no amount of circumstantial evidence would make this more than a minor rumor.[break][break]

Still, she did have a plan. A replicated phenomena might not be perfect, but it might do the trick. And it seemed a psychic Pokemon would be the key to pulling it off. "We're in luck. I've got one with me," Isaac said, taking out a Pokeball and releasing a cute little Chingling. Compared to his imposing Rocket guise, it was hilariously unfitting.[break][break]

It curiously orbitted Penelope's camcorder, occasionally making little jingling noises as it peered down at the device. "Just let us know what we need to do, and consider it done," Isaac said.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 21:18:07 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Perfect."
[break][break]
Mirroring her partner's movements, she sent out a pokeball of her own and released her trusty magnemite. The steel type beeped happily and floated around the reporter twice before taking his place beside her, ready to accept the camcorder.
[break][break]
"Sorry, he gets antsy if I don't take him out often," Penelope apologized and gave a shrug. "Alright, Mag, start rolling the camera at him, got it? Good. And you," She pointed at the rocket's chiming pokemon, "use PSYCHIC on it." Finally, her gaze would return to , more determined than before, "My guess? if that thing was a pokemon, then it definately used some psychic move to disrupt the footage."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 3:26:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Oh, please, you got nothing to apologize for," Isaac said. "A Pokemon's gonna do what a Pokemon's gonna do. 'Sides, the little guy's adorable." Thank goodness the cameras weren't rolling. Now Penelope would be the only person hearing a Rocket Grunt so casually fussing over a rambunctious Pokemon.[break][break]

With Magnemite on camera duty, it was Ringo's job to fill the other half of the equation. "Alright, Ringo. Hit it," Isaac said. The Chingling squeezed its eyes shut and focused really, really hard, its entire body starting to jingle like a bell. Pulses of Extrasensory energy began to emanate out from it with each jingle, focusing in on the camera to try and scramble its reception.[break][break]

"The good news is, if this works, we've got some plausible deniability as to why the footage got screwed," Isaac said. "The bad news is it'd be just as plausible for skeptics to say one of our own psychics was responsible. But, hell, you probably already thought of that, huh?" Penelope had already pointed out they'd be dealing with pushback, after all. She was also the far more experienced journalist of the two. Whether this trial was for her own knowledge or as part of a more intricate plan, Isaac knew she was the one in the driver's seat now.[break][break]

Was it dangerous for a Rocket to put so much trust in another? Maybe. But it wasn't like saving people's asses from Groudon cultists was a crime, and at least the press could be counted on to be neutral. What, was this reporter gonna go run off and join the Council or something? Fat chance.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 15:48:31 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"This will be more for us than them, anyways."
[break][break]
The little psychic time took it's doing it's thang, chingling until the camcorder's sensors flipped in on itself. All the while, Penelope kept to the side, taking flickering glances of both the Pokémon and the man. Trust was a fickle thing.
[break][break]
On one hand, he was a rocket. An organization that never failed to make her brows twitch from frustration of all the devastations they've created. It made her actually have to side with the league at times, and well, that fucking sucked to say the least. Alas, a minor partnership should be fine, she supposed, since they will both be getting what they want.
[break][break]
"So," The word popped out, filling the space between them as they awaited the results to come through. But, before she continued, the magnemite floated back to her, offering up the camera that was certainly now messed up. "let's see if it worked."
[break][break]
Practiced went at work on the camera for a second. Then she looked back up, a grin quirked up the side of her cheek. "Check it."
[break][break]
She flipped the little video screen toward him and replayed it out; the same static from the previous video was found, distorting its contents. "Looks like that thing was a pokemon, after all."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 22:25:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac's thoughts on trusting the League were . . . mixed, to say the least. Collaborations with individual members of the League were no trouble in his eyes. If someone was helpful, and a job needed to get done, he didn't care what allegiance they held in the end. Politics were just a means to an end.[break][break]

But as an institution? Nuts to the League. At best, they needed a serious reality check. At worst, there was no saving them. But that was a problem for people with a lot more interest in politics and a lot more smarts to puzzle out. Isaac was just a lowly grunt, and the biggest problem he had was the Mew-Man.[break][break]

The Mew-Man that had just outed itself as a Pokemon, and a psychic type to boot. "I love it when a plan comes together," he said, smirking victoriously at the result. "Guess that narrows down the search some, huh? And means we're that little bit more prepared if we see it again."[break][break]

Ghosts. Bugs. Dark types, especially. Those wouldn't protect him from that nasty Hurricane, and whatever the hell other moves it was capable of. And no amount of Pokemon could prepare him for whatever the fuck absorption it had done to Vivi. But at least now they had something resembling an answer.[break][break]

"So, if it's a Pokemon, how the hell did it do . . . y'know, that?" he asked. "No Pokemon I've seen's been able to blob off and absorb shit like that. What, is it so psychic that it can remotely control parts of its own body? Shit, does it not even need bones? Is it just some big pile of goo holding itself together with psychic force or something?"[break][break]

Okay. So there were way more questions than answers. But progress was progress, damnit!

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 5:00:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: