PARTING [S] [PAST]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PARTING [S] [PAST]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 18:17:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it's not entirely unlike caleb to call tania out to something last minute. the man's a workhorse half the time and a scamp the other. if there's a job that needs doing at 2am he's not the type to let it lie. if there's drinks that need taking care of at the same time on a different night? same deal.

but walking into this meeting tania feels different. on edge.

vermillion is a generally quiet spot. a part of the rocket tapestry that doesn't get picked at much by what rebellion has persisted. the nightlife is nothing to write home about either. it's neither suited for work nor pleasure.

which begs the question, asked with hands tucked in her pockets.

"what's the deal, caleb? why am i here?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
PARTING [S] [PAST]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 3:56:10 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar

It was humid in Vermillion that evening, sticky and oppressive despite late spring not yet giving way to summer, and Caleb felt the sweat trickling down his back despite the lack of any exertion on his part. He and Tania were sitting at a small, innocuous 24 hour cafe & diner he’d selected for their meeting. She’d followed his instructions and had dressed in civilian clothing, sitting outside with supplies that suggested a study group or research session - notebooks, pens, and a small stack of encyclopedias. The restaurant was nothing special, neither notably good or notably bad, which was, of course, exactly the sort of venue he’d wanted for this meeting.

”Thanks for meeting me here,” he murmured to her, sliding one of the notebooks across the table towards himself. He picked up a pen and scribbled the following onto the paper: I wasn’t followed on foot, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t being watched from afar. Keep an eye out for any suspicious-looking Flying Pokémon. He turned the notebook back around, subtly, so Tania could see what he’d written. Once she had acknowledged his message with a subtle nod of her head, he ripped the page off and crumpled it up.

It wasn’t a particularly clever ploy - the appearance of two young adults sitting at a late night diner, scribbling notes every so often, cramming for some last minute exam or deadline - but he had meticulously checked and double checked for tails. He doubted anyone knew he and Tania were here. Rocket had bigger fish to fry, and he had been careful about his recent undercover contact with the League.Very careful.

An apron-clad, tired-looking server passed by their table and he ordered two coffees. Once she had retreated back inside, he let out a soft sigh, some of the tension of the last few weeks draining from his body. Finally, someone else would know what he was planning - someone he trusted. And perhaps someone he could also help.

"You’re here because I want to make you an offer,” he spoke quietly, but decisively. "I’m getting out, Tania. And you can come with me.”

Parting [SOCIAL][break]@tania [break][Past] May 2019

[break]
[googlefont=Source Sans Pro]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PARTING [S] [PAST]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 22:15:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
tania hums in acknowledgement of caleb's gratefulness, but she can't help but feel it's a little unearned. as her boss or her friend -- there's no way tania would simply ignore an urgent summons like this. not with the stipulations attached, certainly.

the note is peeked at. with her own pen she makes a few marks on it, nonsense english markings she can remember from high school. underline this word, insert an apostrophe s where it doesn't belong, put an unneeded question mark at the end of the sentence. just enough to play into caleb's charade.

then she lazily leans back and stretches to see the sky, turns her neck to crack it one way and then the other. uses the opportunity to scan the spaces over her shoulders.

nothing.

she doesn't complain at the coffee order even though she hates the stuff. it won't be the first time she's done something that she normally wouldn't in the name of discretion.

it will be the first time she does it to cover for a traitor, however.

her eyes widen at caleb's confession -- the closest thing to surprise her face gets to these days.

"you're going to need to run that by me again. i think my hearing is going."

her voice is impassive, her face already schooled back to apathy, but under the table one of her knees starts to bounce.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
PARTING [S] [PAST]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 14:48:27 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar

Tania had decided to play along with Caleb's proposed charade: for that much, he was grateful. He had thought he'd come to know this woman fairly well, but one could always be surprised by people...after all, he'd believed Ambrose to be Rocket for some time before the other man had come clean about his true purpose as a spy for the Kanto Resistance. Tania could turn out to be the sort of person who would immediately turn Caleb in for his rebellious decision, find a way to deter his escape, maybe even get him killed for betrayal.

But he didn't think so. He knew that she had once loved something, too. Something Rocket had destroyed.

"I am going to leave Kanto," Caleb explained calmly to the woman sitting across from him, ignoring her comment made out of incredulity. Idly, he doodled some drawings on a different piece of paper, busying his hands. "I have arranged for covert passage out of this very city in a week's time."

He looked up and met her eyes, then. He made no effort to mask the grief he'd been feeling for what seemed like an eternity, but in reality, had only been a few months. The empty hole in his heart was a permanent sort of wound; not a thing you healed, but rather, learned to live with. He would do that learning far away from here, or he'd die trying.

"I can't serve them anymore, Tania," he murmured, voice so low it was almost inaudible. "I just can't."

[break]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PARTING [S] [PAST]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 20:37:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
so he's serious, then.

tania barely processes caleb's plans as he lays them out before her. her head is too full of the things she knows; what happens to people who try to run from rocket, and more importantly what happens to the people who help them. who cover for them.

what a bastard he is to put her in this position.

"you know they could kill me just for being here with you. listening to you say this. you know that, right?" her voice is steely but her composure is cracking. no matter how much she tries to slide into anger to hide it, her hand is already beginning to shake.

is it because of what she knows she has to do now?

or because she knows she won't do it?

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
PARTING [S] [PAST]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 1:47:48 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar

Don't look at me like that.

He wanted to say that - the anger, the fear - he wanted her to direct such things anywhere but at him. But he didn't look away, and he didn't ask her to, either. The anger should be for Rocket. The fear, too. Not him. And she knew it.

"Of course I know what they would do," he snapped. "I'm one of the people they send to do it." He paused, letting the sudden frustration that had broken the surface of his otherwise calm and collected demeanor (can't be too careful - make it look like a normal conversation, a study session, a date, anything) fade slightly before continuing. He dropped his voice an octave lower. For her sake. "I know you want out, too. They ruined your life. You have a choice, Tania. I'll do whatever I can to protect you. You think I don't mean that?" He did mean it. He'd have done the same for Zev, too.

But Zev would never understand. Not this. Never this.

[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
PARTING [S] [PAST]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 3:17:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: