forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
veneer
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 1:09:36 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel overlooks slateport city from the many windows of his office. a glass of brandy hangs loosely in the grip of just a few of his fingers, the sleeve of his other arm folded in and over itself.
[break][break]
a knock at the door isn't enough to force him to turn his head. the voice that speaks through the thin crack gives him the news he'd been waiting for.
[break][break]
he lifts the glass to his mouth, but speaks, before taking a sip.
[break][break]
"send her in."
[break][break]
by the time his guest would arrive, the glass would be long empty.

[attr="class","notes"]@nikita[break]mission

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
veneer
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 2:07:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It was not every day that Nikita received a commission request from a League councilman. Not only had bypassed the usual channels of communication and contacted her directly, but he had indicated a need for bespoke work. She knew she could not turn down the inquiry. Wells Prosthetics & Technology would benefit immensely from completing the commission, one way or another.

And so Nikita dressed her best, in a tailored black skirt suit. Her prosthetics were sleek and futuristic, with a minimalist aesthetic, the best of WPT's civilian line. Nodding her thanks to the assistant who held open the door to Mr. Black's office, she stepped inside.

Nikita stopped a respectful distance from his desk. "Good afternoon, Mr. Black," she greeted him, eyes flickering first to the pinned sleeve, then to the back of his head. "Thank you for the opportunity to meet with you."

NOTES
+ Mission: Employment: Act I
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
veneer
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 3:03:20 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"ms. wells." gabriel turns, an intense stare beneath a rigid brow.[break][break] the steps between his desk, and the window, are short for a man his size, and he makes it in no time. he sweeps his hand in-front of him and towards a chair.
[break][break]
"please, sit."
[break][break]
he places his hand to the back of his leather chair, nudging his head at something unseen below. [break][break]a large female pyroar comes slinking out and past him, stopping to stretch and yawn, before finding a comfortable spot on a nearby rug. ignoring her, gabriel sits.
[break][break]
"something to drink?"

[attr="class","notes"]@nikita[break]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
veneer
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 3:42:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Nikita moved to sit, one hand on the back of the indicated chair, pausing only briefly when she saw the Pyroar emerge. Once seated, she removed a tablet from her tote bag. It awakened by itself, possessed by her Rotom, who was trained to take meeting notes.

"No, thank you," she said to Gabriel when he offered her a drink. She noted the glass in his hand but didn't give it a second thought. A councilman could do as he pleased. "If you don't mind, I prefer to get straight to business."

Rotom chirped in an electronic voice as it started opening various apps on Nikita's tablet.

"I understand you want a custom arm prosthetic, with unique features. What sort of enhancements were you thinking to include?"

NOTES
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
veneer
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 20:19:21 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"mm, very well. i am of a similar notion." gabriel, at his own motion for her, sits himself, his large frame taking up the entirety of the custom-built leather back.
[break][break]
"that's correct. on an exercusion months back i was unfortunate enough to lose my arm from the elbow down. since then, i've had difficulties... adjusting." he doesn't bother to explain, nor, would she likely care. that's preferable.
[break][break]
"i've a number of requests. i've written them down." he slides a small notebook in her direction, leaving it at the tables edge
[break][break]
it was a generic list, for the most part. a method to store store Pokeballs, a built in transmitter, so and so forth. nothing of extreme note.
[break][break]
however, the material was listed as 'in-progress.'
[break][break]
"i can't speak to certain details, but i'm in the works of procuring something truly rare. it will take some time, howver. are you able to create an arm in the meantime?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
veneer
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 23:21:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As Gabriel mentioned the circumstance of his limb loss, Nikita found her eyes once again drawn to the half-arm in its pinned sleeve. "I'm sorry to hear that," she commented. It was the polite thing to say, even if it was rote.

She picked up the notebook he slid toward her and scanned the list. The requests were more mundane than she had expected — though, truth be told, it was much easier to incorporate such features as Pokéball storage than, say, a hidden weapon. There were fewer legal complications, too.

"These are certainly doable," she assured Gabriel, looking back up at him. "Rotom, make a copy and forward to patient files."

The Rotom-possessed tablet flew out of her hand and hovered above the notebook. A soft chime was the only indication that it had scanned the councilman's list.

"As for the materials," Nikita continued, returning the notebook to Gabriel's desk and plucking her tablet out of the air, "my team will have to examine them to make sure we can make a prosthetic out of it. Materials should, ideally, be lightweight, strong, resistant to corrosion, and possess a low density. In the meantime, we can make you an arm out of titanium that you can use as a backup. Would that be suitable, Mr. Black?"

NOTES
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
veneer
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 7:00:14 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
the materials in question meet those requirements, and more. but, getting them proves far more difficult than he'd imagined.
[break][break]

gabriel would settle for what he could, for now.
[break][break]

"i understand. rest assured the materials will meet your expectations and more. as for now, titanium will suffice. i'll need it black, with functional fingers."
[break][break]

that wasn't all, either. when he speaks next his voice is still just as even, but there's an edge to it. an unspoken truth; a veiled command.
[break][break]

"just so we're clear, this arm will be placed under strict scrutiny. devices placed inside, outside of my request and not previously authorized by me, will not be tolerated. you understand this, ms. wells, correct?"
[break][break]

of course she did. but for something like this, it needed clarification.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
veneer
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 12:09:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Nikita blinked in surprise at Gabriel's additional request — no, it was a command, in truth — but kept her expression schooled against the offense that threatened to show there. The councilman had questioned the integrity of her company with that demand, but lashing back out defensively would lose her the commission. So instead, she smiled and inclined her head in acknowledgement.

"We would not dream of such subterfuge at Wells, Mr. Black," she said. "And if it would put your mind at ease, we'll invite you to our labs at Mauville City when your backup is ready. You can take it apart — we'll show you how — and examine it yourself before you take it home with you. And you can do the same with the other arm once it's finished, too."

As she spoke, she made some calculations on her tablet. Rotom chimed softly, displaying numbers on the screen. Now it was Nikita's turn to make a clarification.

"Now, a second arm will incur additional costs, though we can subtract the materials cost from the first arm since you'll be providing them. Shall I send the updated invoice to you directly?"

NOTES
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
veneer
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 17:42:21 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
business negotiations were a back and forth almost always; a battle of wills, influence, and words.
[break][break]
he'd meant no disrespect to the woman across from him, but in the same vein he did not feel compelled to tell her this, or even explain his motives. often the implications of a threat were enough, but with this? he needed to be stone certain.
[break][break]
"excellent. i'd expect nothing less from a woman of your reputation, ms. wells." with step one complete, he just needed to assess if @nikita and her team were the right people for step two.
[break][break]
that would come later, however.
[break][break]
"to me directly, yes. price will not be an issue. this needs to be the greatest product you've ever created. anything less will be unacceptable."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
veneer
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 18:59:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I can assure you, Mr. Black, that we only make the greatest products," Nikita said with full confidence, over a decade of the company's success backing her words. "And not only that, but I will send you updates at every stage of development, to ensure that the prosthetics meet the standards of quality you require."

Which was standard procedure, in truth. Anyone who paid for custom work was fully involved in the process to ensure the final product was everything they imagined it to be. would not be disappointed. Nikita would make sure of it.

Rotom displayed a finalized summary of the commission on her tablet screen. Satisfied, she tucked the device back into her tote bag and stood. The meeting with the councilman was at an end; she had achieved all she had gone there to accomplish.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Black," Nikita said, all formal, polite business in her tone, "and I look forward to your visit."

NOTES
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
veneer
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 2:06:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@nikita