part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
First in line | Gym battle
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2019 19:02:02 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap.

There is a certain tranquil silence in the completion of Alexei's gym and a small part of Isra is dismayed at how the sound of her heels disrupts it. Or perhaps it accentuates it, because in many ways the unnatural sound makes what is natural stand out. The Sanctuary gym is, undeniably, a sight to behold now that it has been completed (or close enough to it). The gym leader can most definitely expect to see her return to it for one reason or another.

For now however, she has already made her request. The challenge will be two fold whether he realizes it or not. She will be testing him just as much as he will be testing her and she hopes that he does not disprove what she already suspects. She's taken quite a shine to the man despite how indifferent she normally is at the end of the day towards people.

"Alexei?" she seeks him out, he should be expecting her anyway. She'll already brimming with excitement and anticipation at how their battle will go. She's even awake earlier than normal for it because she couldn't stand to continue sleeping.

lmao i got busy and forgot this /cries

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2019 15:10:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","coveredhills"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-top"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-icon"][attr="class","lnr lnr-cloud"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-img"]

snow-covered hills

can i sail through the changing ocean tides?

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag-2"]TAGGED

[attr="class","coveredhills-2"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn-2"]PKMN

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]? ?

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-post"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-post-1"]

He knew he had to keep the promise, and he was going to deliver.[break][break]

Although he had to rearrange his day around a little, because his first challenger had asked if it was alright for them to meet just after dinner.[break][break]

Of course there was going to be tea ready for her when she arrived.[break][break]

Thankfully his apartment wasn’t too far away from the Gym proper, and once he’d sent home the volunteer staff for the day, proceeded to prepare the arena for his first challenger.[break][break]

His first…challenger. Like, holy Arceus, this was the first time he was going to be facing off against someone in a legal capacity as Gym Leader! Guess it was time to figure out the odds when it came to how bad his luck was when battles were concerned.[break][break]

The loud flipping of switches echoed around the greenette—the lights were a last-minute addition in order to accommodate for evening matches like this—and the open-air ‘arena’ was revealed.[break][break]

Freshly-maintained ground, marked according to specified League measurements greeted her should she look down. And then, coming onto the field aboard a Braviary—Alexei himself.[break][break]

Mercifully there was no little blue blob hanging around him, he’d made sure to deal with Zelle beforehand.[break][break]

“I have the tea!” he called out, nudging Kyouya to come down in a landing, circling a few times before hovering low enough for him to hop down onto the ground. “Sorry I took a bit, I had to feed the little monster, he added a few moments later, chuckling to himself.

[attr="class","coveredhills-notes"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-notes-2"]

word count: 259, he arrives!

BY: PHARAOH LEAP, FOR VEN

[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Montserrat:200,300,400,700]

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2 .a]margin-top:-1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post]padding:35px 35px 0px 106px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills] }.ch-p:hover + .ch-p-2 { opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2019 8:28:53 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

The sound is deafening against the quite but she does not flinch as the lights turn on. Giving her a better look at her surroundings but she must admit, they ruin the spell cast by the evening light. She does not blame him for the addition however. She is used to such darkness but she knows most aren't. "You could have left the lights off, I'm quite used to the dark." she grins as she calls out.

Truly she would have enjoyed the battle in the darkness, it's an even greater challenge such as the one given by when she challenged his gym. Though she knows that each of the leaders tackles their challenge in their own way she can't help but want for it to be harder rather than easier. How else is she to push further? To get stronger?

Isra hopes that Alexei can meet such a desire. If he can challenge her and her pokemon then this is worth her while.

"I'm sure she needed the attention, just as long as she's happy for awhile." she comments as she approaches the battlefield, heels tapping a little faster than before as she hurries to reach him. While she's happy to accept the tea it's really not the beverage that has her eyes alight when she meets him.

"So do tell, how will your challenge be conducted?"

He can see it on her face, she isn't looking to waste any time.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2019 13:03:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“I had to make sure she’d be quiet enough for a few hours,” he begins with a chuckle.[break][break]

He’s made sure that the apartment’s under lock and constant guard—but all the same, he’s got her Pokéball with him just in case shit does inevitable go down.[break][break]

“Now, you can see obviously—this is the gym itself. No overarching dome, just these lines on the ground. I prefer to have the open sky, allows for versatility. As for the challenge itself? Well, I can come at you in one of four options… he said, rummaging around in his jacket and bringing up a single die.[break][break]

While normally they were supposed to be six-sided, he’d had to have this one made so it came up as four.[break][break]

“There are four variations of a challenge available… one involves me using a Flying-type against the challenger, of course. The second variant has me using other flier-type Pokémon—while not obviously of my preferred typing, they’re still able to achieve some semblance of flight. Think like, Hydreigon, Flygon—anyone else who has wings, he began to explain as he began to mess with the die.[break][break]

“The other two options are a surprise, but suffice to say, one should have at least a Pokémon they can ride on before I reveal what the challenge is to them,” he added mysteriously, eyes twinkling mischievously.[break][break]

kl_OjgEf

word count: 228, (the die roll is for myself, and that's challenge #1! Start things out traditional)

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 7:41:37 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra listens, eyeing the die in his hand and thinking that leaving it to chance is both interesting and disappointing- because if the challenge is not enough she'll be leaving disappointed.

"Open air does give up more options, I like the idea of it. I've only had so many chances to test open air battle with my pokemon and not enough of those have been challenging enough to satisfy." she states, there's a spark in her tone that is unusual for a woman who keeps a level image, who's voice is practiced to be the epitome of grace. Because the battle field is easily one of her favorite places, even if the battle is not in the manner she is most used to it's still better than sitting around in an office.

Eyes still on the dice she has an inquiry for him before they continue, likely fueled by her already present familiarity with him. "What would you say if I said I wanted to do all four?" her grin matches his, because undeniably she would put her pokemon through all four before the night is over if he would let her. Because that's what she does at home already, her pokemon are always doing something to further their skills and their abilities and she sees no reason to limit her training of them to a single test.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 12:05:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]? crobat

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

His eyebrows go up, and for a few moments he breaks the poker face he has, to let out a laugh.[break][break]

“Well I’d say you’re rather reckless now,” he begins, this cat-like smirk flashing across his features. “You’d only get one badge from me, though,” he adds a few seconds later.[break][break]

“Actually—you’re the first to ask me that, to be fair,” he continues, wondering how he’d have enough time to book off an entire day—or night—for all four in one go.[break][break]

“That would take a while to get through,” he nods as he reaches into his jacket and pulls out a whistle and blows a single blast on it. To human ears, it’s almost soundless, but a loud fluttering of wings announces the arrival of several shadows that converge on the area. Some large, some small—all of them, clearly avians.[break][break]

“I know you’re going to say ‘no’ if I’d dare ask to go easy on you, so let’s start strong right out of the gate,” he remarks a few moments later, watching as some of the other younger avians fly off to watch around the perimeter fence. Some of the more experienced ones—like his Noivern, Salamence, and Braviary—hang around a little closer to the arena. Watching, waiting.[break][break]

The first one up is a purple blur that flies above him, ready to fight. It’s a Crobat, one whose face is perpetually scowling.[break][break]

“You ready?” he inquires of her a few moments later.[break][break]

[break]
Crobat is out on the field!

word count: 247

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 21:41:39 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I'll just come back later then."

She smirks, because she's dead serious. Especially if this time around is too mundane. She wants to see all that Alexei will have to offer in the way of challenges. Even if taking it all on in one go seems reckless she's certain her pokemon can handle it. Her training regime for them is no easier than her own. Endurance is a key element she's drilled into them from start to finish because even if you can't out power an opponent outlasting them is a valid option.

Alexei makes the mistake of even mentioning the idea of going easy on her and she gives him a stern "Don't. You. Dare." in response, just to solidify that he better put on a good show, because she's going to do the same. As someone she dares to even call a friend she wants to push him to the edge just as much as she wants him to push her to it. Especially since he's a type specialist she hasn't been able to give her pokemon enough experience against.

The choice is easy but Isra makes a show of tapping her fingers along the pokeballs on her waist anyway. As if to say she has to think about when there's only one real choice against his first pokemon. The whistle that comes with the release of her pokemon is a enough to have the Froslass twirling with delight.

The frost queen of a pokemon drifts to the field with a twirl and a hop to face the crobat. Isra whistles a small tune and she refrains from the beginning of her usual onslaught of attacks. The pokemon sways back and forth in front of her opponent, singing quietly to herself like a child ready to play.

"She has her instructions, ready when you are."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 21:58:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

His eyebrows go up at the sight of the Froslass—he knows, because he has one too—and he lets out a whistle.[break][break]

“Nice first choice you have there,” he begins, before putting his fingers into his mouth and dropping one, sharp loud note.[break][break]

“Move in,” he says and off goes the Crobat, quickly summoning a bright flash of light and flinging it at the Froslass’ direction, a Confuse Ray to start the fight. While it’s true he has a lot of avians who find their home in the skies—some of his more, ‘precocious’ ones are more specialized to handle certain situations, and this Crobat was one of them.[break][break]

“Cross blade!” he adds a few moments later, and off rockets the Crobat, flying low and coming up close before trying to launch a Cross Poison attack.[break][break]

Who knows what would happen, would the attack have the added effect?[break][break]

He knew he wasn’t able to give this Crobat one of the most advantageous moves he could use—maybe he’d fix that after this battle was over?[break][break]

|JOEwOQo
[break][break]

[break]
Crobat is out on the field![break][break]

Crobat starts the fray with a Confuse Ray, before coming up close and personal with a Cross Poison attack! (rolled: needs 90 or higher for Poison to take effect)

word count: 176

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 22:43:21 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Eirlys hears the whistle and the setup phase begins. Her image blurs, double team leaving behind the illusion of a pack of froslass suddenly circling the bat. The confuse ray disperses a handful of the illusions, and her pokemon chuckles, letting him know which direction to turn for his next attack.

"Thank you." Isra says to Alexei, if she's supposed to be paying more attention to the battle she isn't. At least not yet. Her pokemon know what to do without her more than anything. "Eirlys has become quite proficient lately." She glances back at the battle, watching his pokemon more than her's.

The air turns cold in the open as her illusions merge as one at his flank. The storm forms in the space leading up to his next attack and the hail begins to pelt the battle field from above. The space turning colder as the storm takes hold and her snow cloak activates. The ice ghost never stands still on the battle field for long, moving to evade the attack as it comes down on her and the cross poison clips her nonetheless. She winces but delves into the storm regardless, moving through the pounding hail.

Isra retrieves her shawl from her bag and lays it around her shoulders. The cold is invigorating but she knows better than to let it linger too long with her own pokemon. The ice ghost is just as brutal as her master can be.

>>Eirlys dodges confuse ray with double team
>>Eirlys uses hail!
>>Hail activates Eirlys' snow cloak ability and increases her evasion!

>>Hail storm in effect! [1/5]
>>Snow cloak active ++evasion

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 11:39:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

An eyebrow goes up at the sudden weather change—maybe he would’ve done better to start with Hera? But the problem here was that his Gyarados was rather temperamental and was a total bitch queen some days of the month—it was like the Pokémon was PMS’ing, or something.[break][break]

He wasn’t sure, but he had his suspicions that his Gyarados wasn’t a male. Anyway…[break][break]

Chilly, he thinks to himself as he quickly zips up his jacket once the winds turn cold and the weather starts to change from the normal evening overcast to one of sudden ice and snow.[break][break]

It’s here he realizes that the Crobat may be weak to ice, and now that the Froslass was harder to hit—it was time to try something else out.[break][break]

Hopefully, it would work.[break][break]

“Careful out there, spin and come in close! Defend yourself if you have to,” he says, cupping his hands over his mouth so his voice carries over the howling ice and snow. The Crobat then attempts to lash out with a Wing Attack—but at the last second decides to throw out a spewing of Venoshock.[break][break]

Where was that blasted Froslass in this mess?![break][break]

[break]
Crobat is out on the field![break][break]

Crobat is starting to get frustrated, where is that Froslass! Takes some damage from the Hail. Looking for where the dual-type may be, comes in with a Wing Attack but changes to a Venoshock should the other 'mon be in range.

word count: 196

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2019 5:40:27 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

The falling shards of ice start to shimmer, the sparkling lights of her aurora veil setting in over the field as finishes her set up. Everything has been turned in her favor now and the pokemon shifts through the storm as if it is home not a battle field. The arena's of the league do not need to be known like the terrains they train on. They do not take thought the same way and she is seeking the other pokemon just as well as it is seeking her.

Isra closes her eyes and enjoys the chill now, snuggled up in her shawl. This is the part where she lets her pokemon do her job, let's her do what she likes. Even as she starts to whistle a tune it's nothing more than a passing of time, she doesn't need to tell her pokemon what to do in her own terrain, in her own show.

Ice and poison meet midway and even the ghost has to commend the pokemon for it's quick change in form through the storm- but between her snow cloak and aurora veil the pokemon pushes forward with little worry, even as the hostile energy hits her the shimmering veil makes it mean little to her.

And now a blizzard rages through the open skies, forming swiftly amidst the hail storm. The flurry of ice and snow surrounding the bat pokemon intensifying as she hums to herself.

The queen of the storm has made her castle, and now she will defend it until the last snowflake falls.

>>eirlys uses aurora veil!
>>Eirlys avoids wing attack and tanks the venoshock thanks to aurora veil!
>>Eirlys uses blizzard!

>>hail storm in effect! [2/5]
>>aurora veil in effect! [1/5]
>>snow cloak active ++evasion

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2019 16:10:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]valkyrie skarmory

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

The ice and snow whip up even worse, and down on the ground Alexei’s forced to zip up his jacket and raise the hood—because hell, even if it was summertime, these weather-changing moves really knew how to plummet temperatures down![break][break]

“Be careful!” he calls up to the little flying purple Crobat, who’s now letting out an angry screeching noise as the Froslass’ environs are forcing its flight pattern to change for the erratic.[break][break]

Shit, shit, shit… he thinks as the Crobat’s starting to shiver, another loud, angry screaming noise coming from it as it lunges forward at something—but it was only an ice mirage.[break][break]

And then, it hits.[break][break]

The singular Blizzard, whipped up from the powerful, frigid air comes crashing down on the Crobat faster than he can comprehend—and for a few moments there’s another loud shriek, before it gets cut off and something falls down from the howling, swirling mass.[break][break]

Ah, shit, he thinks, seeing the flash-frozen chunk of ice and inside it, a Crobat. How’s he supposed to recall this thing into the confines of the Pokéball? Whistling sharply at his Salamence—no, the draconid is not to take to the field—the dual-type flies over and he points.[break][break]

“Melt the ice and get him off the field, Valk’s going up there. Out of all of you she’s the least risk to get hit so hard because of the weather, he says to the Salamence once Gabriel is close enough. Quickly shunting the frozen ice block of a Pokémon off to one side, he blows a certain string of notes before ending in his best imitation of a screeching noise.[break][break]

The Skarmory, watching from the sidelines flies forward before looking up. Not perturbed in the slightest, he gestures.[break][break]

“Think you can find the source? I trust you. Get up there with Agility, and if you see it, hit it with a Night Slash for me, will you? Time to knock Elsa out of her palace,” he says to the Steel/Flying-type, who lets out a derisive snort and uses Agility to propel herself into the howling grit of misery.[break][break]

Scanning the area, she looks around, waiting for the closest possible moment for the Froslass to approach—a Night Slash attack ready to lash out on contact when the other Pokémon gets too close.[break][break]

[break]
Crobat has been knocked out due to the Blizzard![break][break]

Skarmory takes to the skies, uses Agility to propel herself to go faster. Prepares a Night Slash in case the Froslass comes out to play. Also takes some damage from the Hail.

word count: 387

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 23:05:32 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Elsa?" Isra looks at Alexei blank faced because frankly, she doesn't get his reference. At all. He's not the type to blatantly forget her pokemon's names so she's quite certain he's not mixing up 'Eirlys' for Elsa. Whatever she's missing she imagines he will fill her in before she gets much more of a chance to talk because he usually does when he realizes she doesn't get something.

With a shake of her head Isra accepts the change in opponent, a quick whistle to signify to her pokemon to be watchful. Alexei's last one might have fallen without too much trouble but that doesn't mean the second one will. She hopes not at least, it would be disappointing if Alexei amounted to less than she expects of him.

The froslass seems as undisturbed by the change as her owner is. Perhaps they both expected something like this to happen, he had to have a back up plan for things like her anyway.

In the time it takes the new bird to take to the sky the ice type has already set up another series of echoes, the double team upping her evasion further. Her snow cloak making her a shimmering sight in the pouring hail. The pokemon has undeniably claimed the field before her and seeks to make it her own.

She does not expect the pokemon to attack needlessly, and that is how a version of herself comes into focus to coax the bird out to her. It seeks an exchange of blows, it must come in close to slash at her, the snow cloak and aurora veil will serve to offset the attack into clipping her as she attempts to side step it instead of being dead on, the veil softening the blow just as it did the last she took. Those she hesistates only a moment it's not long enough to miss the window of chance where the pokemon is close enough to strike at it with an expulsion of Frosty breath, hoping to chill the metal of its wings to an unbearable degree.

>>Froslass uses double team!
>>Froslass is hit by the Night slash! Cushioned by Aurora veil!
>>Froslass uses Frost breath on skarmory!

>>hail storm in effect! [3/5]
>>aurora veil in effect! [2/5]
>>snow cloak active, evasion modifier in effect
>>Froslass stats: ++evasion

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 12:14:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]valkyrie skarmory

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“Oh Arceus, you don’t know who Elsa is?” he said from the opposite side of the arena, squinting up into the snow storm that was raging above them. He knew that out of the current Flying-types he had, Valkyrie had the best chance of surviving something like this—if her wings didn’t rust over from premature frostbite.[break][break]

He knew he had to end this quickly.[break][break]

Back up in the frigid wind, the Skarmory let out an angry squawk as she sees multiple copies of the Froslass floating tauntingly in front of her—it’s more than enough to drive her mad. Even as the bits of cold pelt at her wings, she keeps herself flying—valiantly. She doesn’t want to upset her human companion, who had put so much faith in her.[break][break]

Watching, watching—waiting.[break][break]

As the Froslass suddenly appears up-close and exhales a powerful breath of cold, the Skarmory screeches and does her best to counter the coldness with a defensive Steel Wing, hopefully staving off the coldness for a little longer—turning around, she then attempts to lash out with another Night Slash.[break][break]

Would it work, she wondered.[break][break]

Back down on the ground, Alexei continued to squint up into the howling grit, trying to pick out where the hell their Pokémon were fighting. He then looked over to where Isra was, before making up his mind—she needed more than a little teaching with pop culture.[break][break]

It was time for an intervention.[break][break]

“We need to have a movie night. You’d understand why I’d called your Froslass Elsa when you watch this movie…” he suggested her way. Would she take the offer?[break][break]

[break]
Skarmory is battered by Hail! Takes some damage.[break][break]

Skarmory is frustrated, waits for Froslass to move! Attempts to block the incoming Frost Breath with a defensive Steel Wing, before wheeling around and lashing out with another attempt at Night Slash.

word count: 272

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 13:15:07 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"No?" she's not really sure what he's expecting of her here, and it distracts her from the battle field. Not that she can tell much about what's going on through the hail and snow her pokemon has called up. She trusts in her pokemon to make the right move.

The froslass has to be close for the frosty breath to settle into the air and damage her foe, that makes for a dangerous an precarious place for her to be. The other pokemon takes a hit but stays in close for another attack, Eirlys finds that the energy cuts deeper this time. Being so close her cloak has little wiggle room out of it and with no time to avoid she's left being pushed back into her own storm. Breathing a little hard.

Isra glances at the field, because she knows the sounds of an attack connecting and the sad truth is that though the pokemon is strong the froslass takes hits hard. She's reliant on her veil for a reason. She doesn't expect her set up to last forever though, and she's done an acceptable job.

As she nears the end of her ropes the aurora veil begins to falter, her concentration wavering and the effects wearing thin with time. Her storm comes close to an end, even she knows it will dim soon and this pokemon won't give her time to cycle the moves.

Eirlys makes one last try at it is laborious, the chill settles and the snow begins to sink from the sky but it does little more as she slips away, fainting beneath the cold sky. With a flick of her wrist Isra returns her, she can tell by the waning of the cold that it's time. In return her Hydreigon takes the field after and within moments his familiar cacophony and angry heads are peering about the remnants of the hail.

The more he's in it the more frustrated he becomes, getting himself worked up and ready for the fight ahead.

"Alright. I've.... never done a movie night before."

>>Froslass faints!
>>Hydreigon is on the field!
>>Hydreigon is getting worked up!

>>hail storm in effect! [4/5]
>> Hydregon +attack +special attack

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]