awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 11:56:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I doubt you know about Team Rocket—have you encountered them anywhere during your journey?” he went on quietly, seeing the shape of a Mantine rising up from the deep on the line.

Once he’d freed the Mantine (and swapped out the lure), he threw the line back out once more.

“Something…happened. It wasn’t at Alto Mare, it was here, and… well, an explosion in a warehouse is what happened. We were…jumped on. It was… a trap.”

dNHhOquE
gorebyss, average (27 august)

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 10:54:11 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“By the time me and my companions at the time realized we’d been lured into a trap, fact of the matter is that the explosives had been set off and were just waiting to blow. Plus one of our human companions was injured, so… we had to move fast.”

He still had nightmares about it, sometimes. On the few and far between times he would manage to fall asleep at a ‘normal’ time.

That would always plague him.

“Since then I’ve… learned not to take anything for granted too much.”

x23tbKJs
octillery, dynamax (28 august)

·
close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
high achiever, don't you see? baby, nothing comes for free.
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 5:49:10 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucitop"]
[attr="class","luci"] "i have heard of them, actually. one of them has stolen a valuable art piece of mine."

[break][break] for a moment, there is a flash of something fierce in his eyes. perhaps anger? bitterness?

[break][break] he lets the push and pull of the tide lull him into the silence, as he listens to words. eventually, his gaze softens and he reaches for the other to place his hand on top of his.

[break][break] "i'm sorry."

[attr="class","ooc"] QXsF2cIi

FISHING LIST [break]
8.18 | MILOTIC - AVERAGE (43) [break]
8.21 | WHISCASH - AVERAGE (44) [break]
8.22 | MAGIKARP - AVERAGE (60) [break]
8.23 | MANTINE - DYNAMAX (92) (CROWN) [break]
8.25 | WISHIWASHI - XL (89) [break]
8.26 | MAGIKARP - AVERAGE (48) [break]
8.29 | GYARADOS - LARGE (80)

[newclass=".luci"]--accent:#B6C4E3; } .luci { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .luci b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .luci .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucitop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#B6C4E3;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 15:24:11 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Wait, they did—what?”

He couldn’t help but look at him at that proclamation.

“And I thought they only trafficked Pokémon… guess they went after art pieces too. What… what art piece is this?”

There was a brief splotch of color that streaked across his face as he felt the other man’s hand atop his own.

SaHX9w1I
whiscash, average (29 august)

·
close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 6:42:48 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucitop"]
[attr="class","luci"] "there's value in everything."

[break][break] there's beauty in everything, hadn't that been the phrase he always liked to say?

[break][break] and rocket's reach stretches far — if not past kanto and johto, the regions they tried to claim, then in the shadows that linked all of the regions together. perhaps even in altomare, as much as people would like to think otherwise.

[break][break] "it was a sculpture of a dragonair mid-flight," he says, with a bit of a sigh. "i made it when i was nineteen as my first exposure at one of mother's exhibits."

[break][break] he glances down as the waves lap the shore.

[break][break] "it was hardly valuable compared to the other pieces that were stolen."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] B_Lw1F4g

FISHING LIST [break]
8.29 | GYARADOS - LARGE (80) [break]
8.30 | SHARPEDO - AVERAGE (60) [break]

[newclass=".luci"]--accent:#B6C4E3; } .luci { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .luci b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .luci .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucitop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#B6C4E3;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 9:24:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“What…what else was taken? From…from you?”

Going off by the description alone, Lars could only take a guess as to how the statue really looked, because—damn, that must’ve been beautiful.

He also wondered who the muse for this particular piece was.

“I—I mean, it’s…it’s alright if you don’t…answer…I was just…curious.”

Stammering again, aren’t we?

The line caught on something, but he didn’t bother as he released it and threw the line out once again.

5BQlKMpE
goldeen, average (30 august)

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 15:32:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The silence settled between them, and he hoped that this wasn’t going to end on an awkward note…

He then threw the line out again, after setting the Goldeen free back into the water.

IDLNsZiq
milotic, large (31 august)

·
close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 23:32:51 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
][nospaces]
[attr="class","lucitop"]
[attr="class","luci"] luciano fisk was a private man. there was little that he wanted to reveal to others, even to people like .

[break][break] "from the family vault, several art pieces were stolen." he shook his head. "a tragedy, but not one that couldn't be replaced in time."

[break][break] whether it was true - whether there was still something else that he was hiding - was impossible to tell.

[break][break] after all, he was an expert.

[break][break] he pulls his hand away, after one final pat.

[break][break] "it's all in the past, either way."

[break][break] one final tug, and he pulled the fish from the water's depths.

[attr="class","ooc"] FvgfU5e8

FISHING LIST [break]
8.29 | GYARADOS - LARGE (80) [break]
8.30 | SHARPEDO - AVERAGE (60) [break]
8.31 | WISHIWASHI - AVERAGE (47) [break]

[newclass=".lucitop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#B6C4E3;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
·