3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 13:00:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

That small Milotic made him blink—

Well, today was something surprising for the ages.

He’d decided to fish away from the rest of the crowd—maybe the noise was scaring off the fish?

Either way, he’d cast out his line and was wondering what he’d get this time…

|WUz8rVq
basculin, dynamax (18 august + 1 crown for giant-ass basculin)

·
close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
high achiever, don't you see? baby, nothing comes for free.
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 2:39:39 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucitop"]
[attr="class","luci"] what was it about hoenn that he was always meeting his past?

[break][break] as luci wandered down to the shoreline, fishing pole in hand, he was startled when he recognized a flash of blond hair.

[break][break] " ."

[break][break] getting over his initial shock, the sculpter found a seat next to the head ranger.

[break][break] "i was not expecting to see you here," he says, before tossing his lure out to sea.

[attr="class","ooc"] g_DUSYrQ

FISHING LIST [break]
MILOTIC - AVERGE (43)

[newclass=".luci"]--accent:#B6C4E3; } .luci { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .luci b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .luci .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucitop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#B6C4E3;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 12:43:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was still blinking at the big-ass Basculin he’d reeled in before a voice cut through his—

Wait.

He’d only had the pleasure of hearing that voice one particular year, out in—

“Lu…?!” he stammered, very nearly missing the angry, snapping Basculin as he quickly dropped the fish into the bucket before haphazardly throwing the line out again.

“How—how long has it been?!”

G1x5XA24
whiscash, extra small (19 august + 1 crown for a micro-mud licker)

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:02:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The very… incredibly… tiny Whiscash was immediately returned to the water without a second thought as he put a new lure on the line.

“You… you never came back.”

His tone was hurt. Maybe a little resentful.

“You only… spent the one summer there, didn’t you.”

Out went his fishing line.

9l2u4EAA
basculin, large (20 august)

·
close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 9:01:23 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucitop"]
[attr="class","luci"] years. several of them, in fact.

[break][break] this is the obvious answer, and not the one that is looking for, so luci says neither. instead - typical of his personality - he circumvents the issue.

[break][break] a pause, as he tilts his head. the line is hooked back into the sea.

[break][break] "... did you want me to?"

[break][break] his tone breaks honest surprise — the ranger was aware of his profession. what he did. and how he could never be bound to one place so easily, not the way that the other was.

[attr="class","ooc"] ghMJAIfM

FISHING LIST [break]
8.18 | MILOTIC - AVERAGE (43) [break]
8.21 | WHISCASH - AVERAGE (44)

[newclass=".luci"]--accent:#B6C4E3; } .luci { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .luci b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .luci .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucitop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#B6C4E3;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 15:16:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“What do you think? Of course I did!

Despite the not-as-large Basculin not sizing up to the titanic specimen swimming in the bucket he had with him, he set this one back into the water before throwing the line out once more.

UeOVEmqs
milotic, average (21 august)

·
close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 5:28:38 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucitop"]
[attr="class","luci"] the whiscash that is pulled up is only average at best, and average is never something that a fisk will strive for.

[break][break] "you knew the terms of our arrangement, laurence."

[break][break] luciano tosses his line back into the water, feeling only a tinge of regret.

[break][break] he was an artist, one that was not so easily bound by commitment. the only thing he could ever commit to was his craft. surely, had known that?

[attr="class","ooc"] SWsJZdTs

FISHING LIST [break]
8.21 | WHISCASH - AVERAGE (44) [break]
8.22 | MAGIKARP - AVERAGE (60) [break]

[newclass=".lucitop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#B6C4E3;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 9:25:41 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He shivered as the other mentioned his trueform name—

“I go by Lars, or did you forget about that?

Also—what was up with that tone? Damn, that’s cold.

Not as cold as his usual disposition, thanks to him being known as ‘the Composed’.

He fished up a Milotic, but it was extremely average he set it free back into the water before throwing the line out once more.

qEGDStH0
wishiwashi, large (22 august)

·
close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 7:13:55 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucitop"]
[attr="class","luci"] 'how dare he insinuate -'

[break][break] "of course not. i've always found laurence to be more beautiful — or have you forgotten that?"

[break][break] his gaze is piercing as they turn towards the head ranger, a brief moment, a brief crack in the impenetrable shield that are his emotions before he turns away.

[break][break] "... i'm sorry," he says, running a hand over his face. "you must forgive me. i - i did not expect to see you here." he bites his lip. "lars."

[break][break] he turns back towards him.

[break][break] "i was not running from you. my heart is with my craft," he says, his tone turning softer. "you knew that."

[attr="class","ooc"] _e2vSyLa

FISHING LIST [break]
8.23 | MANTINE - DYNAMAX (92) (CROWN) [break]

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 11:03:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You forgot I was given that name by my no-good father,” was all he replied quietly, reaching into the pocket of his cargo shorts and pulling out the electronic cigarette.

Damn he would kill for a smoke right about now.

Flicking the switch on, he took a deep drag, and for a few moments the heady, sweet scent of vanilla permeated the space between them as he took exactly one look at the Wishiwashi, releasing it and letting it dive back into the water.

“Did you find… your muse, out there?” he continued, his tone going equally soft as well once he’d cast the line back out into the water.

4C0Qv2rU
lanturn, extra-small (23 august)

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 10:55:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He already had a Lanturn—well, granted it was still a Chinchou, but still, at least he’d managed to find one of his personal goals so that was a plus for him—however it was so small, he thought it was a fluke of nature.

“I… I won’t hold it against you, y’know,” he added quietly as he swapped lures, this time picking out something that resembled a Marshtomp’s head—and felt a pang of pain at the sight of that.

Last time he’d used something like this was way back then, on that fateful day they’d gone fishing at the Alto Marean docks.

When Suijin was still alive…

He threw the line out, somber lines creasing his face for a few moments.

BuyLWxoj
milotic, small (24 august)

·
close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 5:28:21 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucitop"]
[attr="class","luci"] he had forgotten.

[break][break] but he didn't want to admit that. luckily, saved him from having to answer by pulling out his lighter. perhaps a younger luciano would have taken offense to it; however the man that he was now understood the charm of such an activity. he only wished he had a cigar of his own to join with the other.

[break][break] "i did," he says, softly. "but then i lost it."

[break][break] at one point in time, lars had been his muse. it had been the the thing that made his twenty-something heart stir.

[break][break] his head tilts towards the other as he tosses his lure back out to sea.

[break][break] "i appreciate it." he pauses, turning to look at . the artist seems to observe him for a few moments in contemplative silence before breaching it - "what are you thinking about laur- lars?"

[attr="class","ooc"] hZmNMoWV

FISHING LIST [break]
18.25 | WISHIWASHI - XL (89)

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 12:32:46 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You remember… my Marshtomp from back then, right?”

He took another puff from the vape in his other hand as he sent the smaller-than-normal Milotic on its way, back into the water.

“He… Suijin’s… dead.”

The lure hit the water, bobbing for a few moments on the surface before a nibble…

swLAoYvL
magikarp, average (25 august)

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 15:18:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Before the other could interrupt, he continued the tale.

“He died… saving me.”

The somber lines creased his face again as he threw the line back out.

xH8924YL
mantine, average (26 august)

·
close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
oFISHal [fish]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 15:30:20 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucitop"]
[attr="class","luci"] the fisks were not skilled pokemon trainers. at least - that was not what they were known for. their connections with their pokemon were always ancillary; at least, that was how it was for luciano.

[break][break] he could not exactly relate to on the loss of a pokemon, but he could certainly relate on the loss of a life.

[break][break] "my greatest condolences lars," he murmurs. "that must have been difficult."

[break][break] one hand slowly reaches for the other, curling over his shoulder in solitude.

[break][break] "how did it happen?"

[attr="class","ooc"] CcXIkvuy

FISHING LIST [break]
8.25 | WISHIWASHI - XL (89) [break]
8.26 | MAGIKARP - AVERAGE (48) [break]

·