she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
602 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 3:34:32 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"such methods only work for smaller quantities, and even then, they can be uncovered."[break][break]

dahlia refrains from wagging her perfectly manicured finger. rather, she shakes her head. eyes closed in the slowest blink as the blonde curl against her cheek swings.[break][break]

"i find it humorous that you are accusing me of trickery when you are the one suggesting concealment." the commissioner says. "who is hiding here? who is open here? mr. merlino."[break][break]

elsewhere, he says.[break][break]

"we will send our vessels regardless. i will not abandon my people."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon dragonite"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 5:18:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"You expect me to believe there's no way?" He laughs, the sound sharp as a blade. She really does think I'm a fool. She accuses him of concealment and he doesn't flinch. "Please. I'm a criminal. It's what we do."

There would always be corruption in the League, just as there would always be defectors from Rocket. He will not accept her reputation to be as pristine as she seems to present.

So when she stands her ground, his eyes narrow.

PRESSURE increases as anger flashes through his veins like lightning, aggravating the corrupt legend on the roof.

"You already have. If you cared about 'your people'," and he's sure to stress the words, "you'd send those supplies anonymously. You care about your reputation." As did Rocket, their hold on the region far shakier. "If you send those vessels, we will sink them." This time, he underlines his threat. His patience for politics has worn. "How many lives are you willing to risk for your image?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
602 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 23:49:16 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"please, mr. merlino. you are the one who cares about their reputation. you are the one who asked for aid to be off book."[break][break]

the commissioner almost scoffs, but she catches it within the throat like a pidove.[break][break]

"so, you have a choice here. are you here as a criminal, or are you here as an ambassador of sootopolis? pick a role."[break][break]

she shakes her head.[break][break]

"i will still send my vessels of aid."

DAHLIA GOODE'S GOVERNMENT WILL SEND SUPPLY BOATS TO ROCKET'S SOOTOPOLIS CITY. AT THE END OF THIS THREAD, I WILL POST DESCRIBING THE VESSELS BEING SENT. YOU MAY DECIDE HOW GAVIN WILL HANDLE THEM AND A SUBSEQUENT CLOSING MOD POST WITH THE RESULTS WILL BE PUBLISHED.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 2:05:48 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I do," Gavin affirms, without hesitation. "I am not pretending otherwise. I'm sure you understand how easy it is for one's own to turn against their decisions."

A.Q.U.A had not been popular. The plan for the meteor was not popular. faces many criticisms — something, perhaps, they have in common. He recalls how they'd turned on him after he'd helped during the war, and the whispers surrounding Emma.

"I am a criminal who nevertheless cares for the welfare of Sootopolis, or you'd never have made it into the city."

He cannot divorce himself from crimes committed. He is not a politician. He is only an underboss struggling to maintain his grip on the city he'd helped take.

I will not bare my throat to see it opened.

"Send them, then." And see what happens.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
602 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 2:33:56 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

in gavin's mind, much of what the league does is marred with criticism. such is the filter one's clouded thoughts flatten into as they spiral toward and collide against a stubborn pane. but she does not mind.[break][break]

after all, dahlia has found quite the opposite in regards to the conflicting voices and opinions at her table. as the meteoroid nears, more and more have come to side with her government's plans.[break][break]

it is the nature of leadership to be reviewed too harshly. too impulsively.[break][break]

"and i'm sure you understand the paradoxical nature of your statement, merlino. why use 'nevertheless' if not to reconcile your two roles?"[break][break]

she rises and swipes her hand across her lap as if to brush off the dust of this futile office.[break][break]

"if you had cared for your people, then you would have accepted the help without fuss. i believe i'll be taking my leave now. thank you for your time."[break][break]

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
602 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 0:35:36 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY

dahlia x gavin

SEVERAL DAYS LATER, three supply boats arrive in front of Sootopolis City, outside of its crater walls. Team Rocket might have been alerted to their arrival by scouts stationed around the city; however, if not, they would be notified by an uproarious fanfare from Hoenn's own musically-talented ELITE FOUR.

The vessels play a cycling playlist of Elite Four 's "I WILL SURVIVE" and TERAVOLT's (, , ) "DON'T JUMP THE SHARPEDO" on their crackling speakers.

The supply boats look stocked: stacked crates secured by twist locks so that they do not end up as flotsam. However, there is no one present on deck.

A few options are laid before you:

🛥️ DESTROY THE SUPPLY BOATS.
🛥️ ATTEMPT TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE SUPPLY BOATS.
🛥️ SEND GRUNTS (OR OTHER ROCKET PLAYER CHARACTERS) TO THE BOATS PHYSICALLY TO INVESTIGATE/CHECK SUPPLIES/RETRIEVE SUPPLIES.
🛥️ OTHER (BE MINDFUL OF HOW MANY ACTIONS YOU ARE TAKING).

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 4:14:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Send them, then.

And she does.

Gavin stands next to one of the sentries posted up on the crater's wall, golden gaze narrowed upon the cluster of supply vessels as they blare their fanfare. Rocket's own vessels hem the boats in a wide ring — it had been these scouts to first alert the underboss of suspicious activity. Lugia perches next to him, her colours stark against bleached crater stone.

He had made a promise. He does not go back on his word.

But first, "Rotom. Contact ." When the associate is on the line, Gavin says, "Rendezvous outside Sootopolis. League vessels. You can't possibly miss them." His tone is dry, clipped with irritation. Music blares in the background. "Be ready to investigate. Expect danger."

He descends himself on Lugia's back, aiming to land on the deck of a vessel.

A shiny Mudkip he'd caught in a recent Safari outing wobbles on his shoulder, its DAMP a precaution against explosives. Kanto has left him all too paranoid. He similarly employs the help of the Riolu obtained from , hoping that Subject G's ability to SENSE AURAS might alert him to any unseen presence.

Lugia launches herself skyward to circle the vessels, a ghastly sentinel of the seas.

Gavin chooses to first INVESTIGATE the vessels
Tagging in for the assist

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 4:29:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]In a shimmering POP!, Echo brought Isaac onto the deck. The two arrived as soon as Gavin landed, appearing right by his side. This close, the pressure rolling off of Lugia was enormous. Part of him wanted to just stare at the long, elegant seabird all day, the mysteries of its deep purple plumage like the void of the cosmos. Another part of him wanted to just dive off of the ship and swim away until he escaped the Legendary's overpowering Pressure. Yet even as his left brain and right brain whispered among themselves, something stronger yet inspired Isaac to stay.[break][break]

Loyalty.[break][break]

"Your danger's right here," Isaac said, his grin wicked and full of confidence. "Now, c'mon. Let's get cracking."[break][break]

Gavin wouldn't be the only one fishing for the right tools for the job. Kage, his Accelgor, was on hand to eat through locks and disable trapping mechanisms with the minimal damage possible. His Wishiwashi, Shiver, dispersed to cover the sea in dozens upon dozens of prying eyes. If anything was amiss with the ships, be it rigged hulls or saboteurs from below, they'd stand a great chance of spotting it. The mere existence of his Galarian Rapidash, Charles, would purge any taint or poison from supplies and traps alike. And who could help cover ground and move boxes faster than his sextet of Falinks, Crash and the Boys?[break][break]

It would, ideally, be a simple process. Check a ship high and low. Make sure everything checked out. Move on to the next. Endure the League's sickeningly saccharine propaganda concert all the while. "Arceus. Commissioner might as well say 'please love me' on the backbeats," he said, rolling his eyes. "At least that'd be honest."[break][break]

Oh well. If the League thought people'd be swayed by remembering they had pop stars on their side, so be it.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
602 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 7:07:17 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY

dahlia x gavin x isaac

UPON INVESTIGATION, both the Underboss and the promising Associate find that the boats contain no threat at all. No need for DAMP to prevent explosions; no need to call for further reinforcements. Everything is placid, save for the thumping bass of the music played on cheap speakers.

Funnily enough, the Commissioner has stubbornly provided her side of the deal. Crates of non-perishables. Medical kits. Water.

It appears the boats have arrived by way of remote control or some kind of automated GPS navigation system. Or perhaps, it is simpler than that. A crew of Water-type Pokemon, maybe, have propelled the boats toward Sootopolis from afar. But there is no sign of that.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 16:39:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
No trap, so far as he can tell.

No, the trap was in the music. In the lack of personnel aboard the boats. In the stranglehold of the barrier around Sootopolis' vulnerable citizens. He has had days to consider his actions, should the commissioner stubbornly keep her promise.

"Send for others," he orders Isaac. "We'll offload the supplies."

He would not have Sootopolis' citizens witness the destruction of hope.

But he will not have the League make him a liar, either.

"Alert me when the cargo's been secured." Lugia's large shadow darkens the ocean beneath. From the deep, the silhouette of a Dhelmise looms. "I promised Miss Goode some sunken ships."

Take supplies, sink ships
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 21:05:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac nodded at the orders of his underboss. "Really, we're doing these guys a favor. If I gotta hear Melody Miro's cover of Imagine one more friggin time, I'm yakking off the side of the ship." Keep the supplies and ditch the cringefest. Yeah, this was the best of both worlds for the people of Sootopolis.[break][break]

Crash and the Boys fire-bucketed crates of supplies over towards Echo, who warped them back to the mainland with surprising speed and efficiency. Anything too big for them to carry was pulled along by Charles, Kage helping with the finer parts of ropework to make sure he was properly attached. It was a well-oiled machine, and Isaac seemed proud to be a art of it.[break][break]

Shiver's colony let out meeps of surprise as they felt Lugia's Pressure was hover them. One by one, they started fleeing towards one another, collapsing back into their traditional Schooling form. They muttered among one another, clearly unsure what to do in the presence of the king of the seas. Flee? Hide? Bail onto the decks? Yet as they spoke, their voices slowly started merging into one. Shiver was speaking now. And Lugia's presence gave her quite the idea.[break][break]

The Wishiwashi colony began to shift and warp, until they had arranged themselves into Lugia's image. It seemed Gavin's legendary patron wouldn't have to do all of the heavy lifting alone.[break][break]

Crash and the Boys arranged the last boxes, leaping up and down and helmet-fiving each other to celebrate their hard work. Echo, exhausted, spun around and stage-fainted against Isaac's leg. Kage and Charles shot each other solemn nods as they finished the last of their duty, acutely aware of what came next. "All done here," Isaac said, shooting Gavin a grin. "And that means fire at will, boss."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
602 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 2:03:38 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME, Commissioner would publicize the one-sided transaction as a gesture of good will met with profanity.[break][break]

The sunken vessels are not recovered or asked for in terms of compensation. After all, in spite of the mighty strength of Pokemon, the boats were already quite weak in construction: aged ships at the end of their usable lifespans.[break][break]

Nevertheless, the acceptance of the supplies is cause for relief. It is now up to Team Rocket to use them for the people of Sootopolis with their fair judgement.[break][break]

If that is even to be trusted.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
diplomatic immunity [c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 5:09:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
/ (LESSER PD)