Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
way we synchronize [s][past]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2022 15:46:22 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

Rook smiled to himself as he turned away, listening to Lam ramble incoherent about sweeping him. It was beyond cute, considering how weird this had been so far. Even then, it was going alright, wasn't it? He hoped at least that it was.
[break][break]
A little glimpse back at the reddened blush on the other's face was all he needed to see, prompting more little butterflies to flutter around in his chest. It almost made him wish he'd given him a more direct kiss, but then he probably wouldn't have gotten the same reaction.
[break][break]
Patience is a virtue, they say. So, he had to hope that his patience would lead to good things, right? Pina Colada, his eyes darted down to the menu posted on the bar. "One of those summer sunset drink and a dark horse, pleasseee." He said to the bartender, whom had never been too thrilled with him being a regular customer. Not that he went there to drink all that much, but they likely wish that was all he'd ever gone there to do.
[break][break]
Sitting back, he swiveled to look at Lam with a smile. It had been a long time since he'd last been on anything akin to a date. It was a little daunting. He knew there were things you didn't talk about on first dates, but he couldn't recall what those rules were. Though it wasn't like he had an ex to talk about and ruin the mood. So, as long as he didn't discuss acts of crime, he'd probably be okay.
[break][break]
"Maybe a little, I mean you seem like a very summer type of guy. Meanwhile, my drink has espresso, soda, coffee liqueur, rum, and lots of whipped cream. So.. not sure what that says about me besides a dark coffee addiction." He laughed at that.

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.rook]font:11px roboto;--accent:#E1BC41;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokesprite]color:#E1BC41; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.rook]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook.credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 2:38:44 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Do you come here a lot?” he asked (innocently enough.) Somewhere in the back of his mind, Lam knew that was like a line or whatever, but he asked in earnest. Rook had known enough to come here, after all, and Lam definitely hadn’t.[break][break]

He didn’t really care if it wasn’t the fanciest or nicest bar. Really, he was still thinking about the kiss that had been pressed to his cheek, and the warmth still flushed through him. Energy like sparklers igniting in his chest. He wanted to lean forward on his stool and kiss Rook properly, but he couldn’t claim to be bold enough for that.[break][break]

Lam was equally as out of his element in this. He didn’t come by dates all that often—even before he’d moved to Hoenn where he knew virtually no one. That was more his little brother’s wheelhouse. Leif was great at meeting people. Lam…not so much. At least, beyond a generally friendly way. Usually, these sorts of things made him feel awkward, and honestly a bit uncomfortable. But for some odd reason, he enjoyed the attention Rook gave him. It was strange for somebody he barely knew yet, and still, it felt natural. Easy.[break][break]

He laughed then, and the cadence of it practically felt coquettish. Maybe it was the way he turned his smile and hid it behind the hand he’d been resting his cheek in? Eyes still fixed on the other, all the while. “I mean, I grew up on a pretty tropical island, so summery is probably an on the mark trait. But I do like the heat. I get too cold in the winter.” A shoulder rose and fell. “That makes you sound cozy, like bundling up during a snowstorm.” Green eyes brightened, “Oh! Do you think I’ll get to see snow here?” He’d never seen the stuff before. Maybe he’d even see some delibirds too…[break][break]

Whether or not that evaluation of Rook’s own character was actually true, however, remained to be seen. “Whatever the reflective traits, though, that sounds like it tastes good.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] | ………NOW KITH!!!! [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 16:57:20 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

“Sometimes, it depends. They have pretty cheap drinks though.” Way to seem cheap, which he was. He just didn’t want Lam to think he was cheap, at least not about all things. Sometimes that could seem good, like he had his life together and made good life choices, but that wasn’t even it. He simply prioritized stupid purchases and thus required himself to skimp on the rest of the things he enjoyed.
[break][break]
“Cozy huh?” He smiled at that, a touch sheepish as he added, “Well if we get a snowstorm in Hoenn, you’re welcome to cozy up with me. You know, just to keep you warm.” He shrugged as if the gesture was entirely innocent and simply to make sure the other kept warm.
[break][break]
“You might! I’m guessing you’ve seen snow before?’ That was a little crazy for him. Someone that has never seen snow before. For some, that sounded pretty good. Rook was a cold-weathered person at heart so it sounded kind of sad to him.
[break][break]
Before he could say anything, their drinks were served. They couldn’t have looked any different. One was warm tones and hot steam, the other was summer colors and topped with a piece of fruit. Still, both looked equally good. “So, I’m hoping it turned out not to be an entirely bad thing that we happened to run into one another, right?”

[break][break]

[newclass=.rook .pokesprite]color:#E1BC41; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.rook.credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 17:50:22 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Nothing wrong with cheap,” he replied with a shrug. Cheap was…really all Lam could afford right now. Or usually, really. He didn’t want to dwell on his lack of his funds all that much, though, so the distraction was a welcome one. “Yep!” He smiled, shaking his thoughts loose. “You know…that doesn’t sound so bad. Might take you up on that offer.” His own willing agreement, or maybe the eagerness of it, left his face warm.[break][break]

“Nope! Not even once.” Lam sighed, a touch forlorn. It was a short-lived dejection, though. Within sections he was perking up, especially when their drinks were pushed against the bar counter toward them. “That’s why I wanted to travel, though! Well, not just the snow, but to just…see more things? I guess?”[break][break]

He plucked up the piece of pineapple wedged onto the rim of his glass and nibbled on it. Still, Lam eyed Rook’s drink curiously. “Wow, it’s actually warm..” He was distracted by the question posed, though, and he looked down at his glass for a moment, maybe sheepishly, as he grinned. “Yeah. It wasn’t a bad thing at all.” He glanced back up at Rook, chewing on his bottom lip.[break][break]

“I…really like being around you. Even though you tried to steal the work from one of my boss’s clients. Guess you get a pass, ‘cause you’re funny. And pretty cute.” Who was he?? He never flirted like this, not soberly. And he hadn’t even taken an actual drink yet.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 16:55:07 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

A man of good taste then, he almost added, but didn’t want to equate himself further with being “cheap”. Sooner or later though, Lam would probably find out more than a few inconsistencies about Rook. Like how he hated spending money but rather enjoyed the idea of having money and living in luxury. Maybe because his own family had never really had all that much money and he’d learned the poor man’s road to riches, which generally involved conning people and being no good to most of society.
[break][break]
Rook grinned as the offer was accepted, feeling a little heat on his own face, which felt like a rarity for him. “There was a lot of snow in Sinnoh during the winter.” He didn’t think much of the place he’d grown up in and shrugged it off almost as quickly.
[break][break]
“Yeah, you can get it cold too, but I figure it’ll get cold eventually so why enjoy only half the experience?” Another useless bit of information. Rook felt a little sheepish then as conversation turned into the direction he’d stupidly reversed it. He was quite dumb, wasn’t he? Reminding the other that he had just tried stealing from him.
[break][break]
“Yeah well had I known you were so cute, I would have looked longer and touched less… the art I mean, I can’t make promises with other things.” He snickered, like an idiot (which he undoubtedly was). “Funny and cute though?” A little glimpse of mischief as he sipped from his drink.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2022 1:35:01 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The handy thing about Lam was that he generally wasn’t much of a picky person. Maybe Rook was full of little contradictions, but he was an easygoing person. It took a lot to really ruffle Lam’s feathers, and even then, he was typically laid back after bouts of his temper flaring up. Grudges were too much of a hassle to keep up with, and grievances didn’t make for a comfortable standard of living. He didn’t care if Rook was cheap– he sort of was too. He couldn’t keep up with high levels of luxury. His brother got all of that high maintenance.[break][break]

It could likely be said that Lam was familiar with those traits as a result, and decent enough at handling and rolling with them. Though he’d had his initial misgivings about Rook stealing from him and putting his job on the line, he largely didn’t care about how Rook made his living either. Just don’t screw him over in the process, thanks.[break][break]

“Oh, you’re from Sinnoh? What’s it like?” He’d never been. Actually, he’d never been to most places outside of Alola until that year. It wasn’t like his father was some rich, high level scientist or something. It was enough that he could make a decent enough living to keep the three of them comfortably situated. Traveling had been a rarer treat.[break][break]

He was just as curious, though, about where Rook had grown up. About Rook, period. He nodded in silent response, eyes round as he listened to the explanation while sipping on his drink from a provided pink bendy straw. But mostly his attention was fixed on the flare of color he could just barely make out in the low light that had spread across the other’s face. He’d done that. Him. A veritable loser, as Leif would probably claim.[break][break]

Maybe he was drinking too fast. He could feel his head go a bit tilty inside because if he kept drinking then he wouldn’t say anything else stupid with a pre-occupied mouth. Unfortunately, he could hear the telltale sounds of a straw hitting the bottom of a rapidly emptying cup, only the dregs remaining. Doubly unfortunate that it timed perfectly with Rook’s correction. Lam sputtered, babbling half-words and unformed syllables as his face reddened for what the thousandth time since he’d bumped into the other.[break][break]

“Is that a guarantee?” he finally managed, though it didn’t sound nearly as suave and slick of a line as he would’ve liked it to. Save him. He flagged the bartender, who still looked unamused with Rook’s presence, and apparently Lam’s by proxy. “Can I get another one of these? Thank you.” His attention swiveled back, lips forming a wobbly smile. “Yes, both. Are you surprised?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 19:20:06 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

“It wasn’t too different from Hoenn, honestly. I lived in Jubilife City, which was about as big of a city as you can get in Sinnoh.” If he was being honest, he didn’t retain a lot of memories from that time. Most of his life felt like he was wandering down a long and lonely lane. Hoenn was circumstantial, as all things were with him, following people with bad intentions.
[break][break]
He smiled as Lam worked through the contents of his drink like he was paid to do so. It was cute, maybe he was nervous. Rook didn’t think he was very intimidating, considering he could be such a doofus at times. He’d been the one bumbling through this date so far. If he could call it a date. It certainly felt… datey to him, but he would have looked for any excuse to give this encounter layers that may or may not exist.
[break][break]
Rook smiled then at the question, extra toothy and crooked. “Oh you can be sure of that.” Maybe it was a little too forward, but Lam had yet to draw a line and Rook was eagerly seeking out affirmation that this was heading in the direction he thought it was.
[break][break]
As Lam asked for another drink, Rook took the time for a more steady sip of his own. It warmed on the way down, making him feel the good sleepy sort of way that diluted a lot of his shame (not that he had much shame to begin with). “I’d love to see your art, by the way.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 2:30:10 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Hm, well, I haven’t been to many places here yet, so I guess I can’t make that comparison, but I’ll take your word for it.” He nodded definitively, as if that were that. The world was so big and vast, and eventually Alola had felt so tiny. Lam just hadn’t been counting on a dome dropping down around Hoenn not long after he’d arrived.[break][break]

So it was…actually pretty nice to be having a drink with someone. He was a solitary person, but he also wasn’t built well for loneliness. The problem with drinking was that he was a terrible lightweight. He hadn’t had all that much, and he could already feel the incessant urge to giggle at everything building in the pit of his stomach. Which inevitably slipped out at the naughtier remark. “I’ll hold you to that.”[break][break]

That time, he didn’t bother with the pineapple first as he was handed the new drink. Instead, he latched right onto the straw, wiggling in his seat as if he were doing a pleased little dance. The remark made him perk up, though, head lifting quickly. The liquor content went straight to his head with the rapid motion, leaving him a bit spinny.[break][break]

That did nothing to diminish the beaming smile that had spread across his face.[break][break]

“Really, yeah? You wanna?” His hands reached out as he tipped forward on his stool some, both settling the other’s knees. It wasn’t a suggestive gesture. Just tipsy enthusiasm. “I like to try and paint moods, y’know? Get the feeling right. And birds. Lots of birds. My brother says I should do classier stuff, but that’s just not me, right? He’s boujee.”[break][break]

Forgetting his flustered shyness, Lam sat back and continued gulping down his drink for all of the liquid confidence it was giving him. “I like you.” Blithely spoken, to the point with simple bluntness and a dopey smile.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 14:13:44 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

The unexpected truth to this whole situation was that he liked Lam, like a lot. Not that he had figured that to be impossible. After all, what wasn't there to like about Lam? He was handsome and sweet and witty and his laugh was like super cute. It just hadn't occurred to Rook to look that far into things. He didn't really go out with anyone and certainly didn't care to creates bonds with people. Okay, sure, he could be a bit of a hopeless romantic and enjoyed hallmark movies as much as the next 40 year old mom. Yet, right then, it felt different.
[break][break]
This felt real. He couldn't even play it off like it didn't matter if Lam liked him or not, because it did matter. He could feel the prick of anxious nerves at the very thought of Lam deciding to shrug this off and leave, never to see him again. He'd live with that, of course, there was no forcing what wasn't there. But that didn't mean he wouldn't be devastated because it felt like there really was something real here.
[break][break]
Rook laughed at that, resting his chin on a propped hand. "That sounds like you though." Bit dumb of him to say, considering he'd only just met the guy, but it felt like he knew him better than that. He could almost see those paintings in his mind. "You like birds a lot, huh?" That's cute.
[break][break]
Rook reminded himself to keep pace, somewhat. He was only down half a drink when Lam finished his second. It was a formidable pace, so he finished down the rest of his drink as fast as the heat would allow. Only to nearly cough it up. "You do?!" He said dumbly, surprise heating his faster than the little near fall incident before. "I mean — haha I... I like you too." What was he, a high school kid?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 4:04:16 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Does it?” he didn’t know. Lam didn’t really have a sense of who he was as an artist yet. He just painted what he liked. But it was sort of nice to think that to someone else, that sounded like him. And really, it felt oddly like they’d known each other far longer than two short interactions. The spark there couldn’t be imagined, there was no way. And it sort of threw Lam for a loop, if he was being honest.[break][break]

It was new. It was uncommon. It was nerve wracking, but exciting too. “Yeah, birds are the besht.”[break][break]

His head bobbed up and down, stupid grin stretching wider. He felt light and bubbly, fuzzy-headed and floaty. “Yeah! Thas what I said!” He teetered forward closer to Rook, like he was sharing a secret. “Then we’re in agreement,” he whispered, lips twisting conspiratorially, green eyes bright with liquid luck, “should we kiss?”[break][break]

His face was warm, both from drinking his cocktails too quickly, and from the heat that rose from the moment. It was a new feeling, being so bold in his interests. Usually, he let them fester and grow in silence. By the time he felt enough courage to do or say something, it was much too late. This, however, felt immediate and electric. Readily fueled by the alcohol, but not strictly because of it.[break][break]

To prove his seriousness, he leaned closer still, grin intact as his head tilted just enough in preemptive effort. But before Lam could make contact, he felt the sudden pull of gravity from moving too far forward. His feet slipped on the rungs of the stool and then the base of it was skidding back. And rather than Rook out in the street, Lam was now the one falling with a squawk of sound, one foot still caught a bit painfully in the rung as he face planted on the floor.[break][break]

“Owwww.” Too pitifully drunk to do much more than lay there and whine about it. Why did he have to be that drastically of a lightweight? “Helllppp…”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 17:47:13 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

"Yeah..." Rook said, feeling his cheeks grow hotter at that question. Never had he heard something so matter-o-factly.
[break][break]
Maybe under some circumstances, he'd think it totally unromantic but considering how this had come to be, there really was nothing more hallmark than running into your crush and confessing your feelings, right? So, he'd allow it. Mostly because the idea of kissing Lam right then was too good to dare give up for the sake of his sickly-sweet sensibilities.
[break][break]
And then Lam was falling...
[break][break]
"Woah!" Rook jumped, caught off guard by the sudden tumble. Immediately, he sat up, angling around to see how he could help. "Are you okay?" Despite himself, he couldn't help but laugh. Quickly, he covered it up with his hand before hooking his arms under the other's to lift him upwards. "I'm not very strong but..."
[break][break]
That looked like it hurt though, so he felt a little bad for laughing. He just couldn't help himself with the turn of events. It didn't seem real. It felt more like a movie. "I think you've had enough to drink." He untangled to the other's leg from the rung and then helped him up. "Let me walk you home."
[break][break]
Not that he'd forgotten that this event had unfortunately interrupted their kiss, he wasn't going to bring it up now. "You want a piggyback ride?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 23:33:30 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

From the floor, Lam huffed. Why did gravity have to be, like, such a total buzzkill? His arms folded, and his expression turned sulky as he looked up at Rook, “Yeah…I guess so.” His face turned a bit red at the laughter he was met with, and yet, he didn’t find himself too mad at being laughed at. He liked the sound, actually.[break][break]

The world went spinny and uneven as arms slipped under his and hoisted him up. “Woooaaaahhh,” he blabbered as he stumbled a bit, but was finally set on his feet. “Okay, I would be alright with that, mhm yeppp.” He fixed Rook with a wide, close-lipped grin. “Shanks.”[break][break]

Once they were out of the bar and into the cool night air, Lam nodded, “Yeah!” But before he scooted around to hop up on Rook’s back, Lam got that smile again. Though that time it looked a bit like he was up to something. Hands on his shoulders, Lam propelled himself up and planted a quick kiss against his mouth before pulled back with a pleased expression. Very sure of himself in his current state.[break][break]

“Payment for the ride,” he chirped, before eagerly waiting to be let up so he didn’t have to walk. He’d definitely fall down again.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 15:30:10 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

Rook smiled, hand lifting up to dust a little bit of dirt off the other's cheek. He'd never imagined that the day would go quite like this, but he certainly wasn't going to complain about it either. Lam was cute, heck... he was beyond cute. Maybe getting drunk wasn't the other's intent, but it sure happened fast. "I think we found out your mortal weakness." He laughed at that.
[break][break]
It was nice to leave the bar though, escape the energy inside to the crisp air outside. He turned around so that the other could hop up, arms angle out to catch his thighs. Only, instead, he was greeted by a surprise smooch on the mouth. His face heated up immediately and a dopey smile curled across his mouth before catching the other as he climbed up.
[break][break]
"Glad to be of assistance, just point the way to your house." With that, he started off in a direction, uncertain if it was the right way or not.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 15:50:14 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

He leaned just the tiniest bit into the touch against his cheek, smile slipping wider as he watched Rook through droopy grin eyes. He’d be properly embarrassed tomorrow, for sure. But right then, any sort of shame was farrrrr away. “Oh, you think?” he asked back with a dumb little laugh, the intended sarcasm failing a bit.[break][break]

All of it was worth it, though, to see the smile that spread across Rook’s face after he planted the kiss on his lips. Something that Lam knew he’d snapshot in his mind and think about for days afterward.[break][break]

“My apartment ishhhh…” he frowned a little as he regained his bearings. It was close. The building by the…the little dumpling place. Arm reaching over Rook’s shoulder he pointed, “down the street, thattaway.” Both arms then looped loosely around his neck, legs swinging idly at the knee as the other carried him along.[break][break]

He craned around at one point, planting a second kiss to skin again. That time against his cheek. “That one was just ‘cause I wanted to,” he said a little drowsily, before his chin dropped to rest against Rook’s shoulder as he stared down the street ahead, all dumb smiles and warm-faced.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 4:53:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: