Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 19:21:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Sat on top a mudsdale, with her Dragonite flying high above, the councilwoman offered the champion a wave over.
[break][break]
"Nice to see you made it."
[break][break]
Despite her time spent in Hoenn, this was her first time actually meeting the champion himself. What kind of guy was he, she wondered behind a quirked eyebrow. A search and rescue mission might've been a grim way to meet, but alas, that was Hoenn for you.
[break][break]
"We're looking for three Growlithes pups. They shouldn't be too hard to find, I think."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mudsdale"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 18:46:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle was doing stretches when the councilwoman appears and greets him.

"of course," he answers, posturing himself properly soon after. "i'm used to these kinds of work, and you can't be late for these."

being a police officer within the big city of slateport before his appointment to the upper echelons of the league, looking for lost pokemon was a common request he often took. he eventually moved to missing people reports after rocket's invasion, but they're mostly the same anyways.

"got any clue where in this area they were last spotted?" he shouts from below.

his mightyena were all wandering around him, either playing with each other or simply sunbathing. clearly, kyle doesn't mind that his standby command wasn't perfect.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 17:10:20 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The pack of mightyenas were cute. Even if some of them were doing absolutely nothing for the search.
[break][break]
Sighing, the woman fished for her phone.
[break][break]
"Nothing exact, but,"
[break][break]
Two swipes later, a flash of bright white glared back at her as she pulled up the submitted report. Her lips cracked into a frown as she gave it one more read through, confirming what she already knew.
[break][break]
"Apparently they were last scene at the kid's fort, playing like normal. Then some rockets came by and they saw a little too much. Kid's fine, but the pups never returned home after the chase."
[break][break]
She looked back up at the champ, still frowning.
[break][break]
"I'm guessing one of them got stuck and the rest didn't want to leave him behind."
[break][break]
As for the fort...
[break][break]
"We should maybe locate the fort first, then move from there. This says it's not too far from the city -- just a bit west from the main path out."
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 17:29:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he looks at his pokemon, and then sighs. the best they can do is follow a trail. looks like they'll have to go to the starting point regardless.

he hopes that the councilwoman's words were accurate, in that it's not all too far from where they were.

"it's just smooth sailing after we get the trail," he tells her, unsure if she knows how his pokemon work or not. probably though, since it's overly represented in dog movies already anyways. "as long as they don't cross any body of water or something, it should be fine."

the only thing the woods has are puddles of water and such. there's a beach on the south and a river up north, but he supposed the trail won't have fire-types spending time on those.

"i-i'll lead the way then."

it would be great if any of his mightyena can pick up a clue along the way. at least he'll have some icebreaker instead of forcing himself to talk to not make things awkwardly silent with the councilwoman.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 20:06:12 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Yeah, makes sense," She nodded.
[break][break]
As they moved out, she'd allow his mightyenas to take charge, as, well, it made the most logical sense in her brain. They had the sniffers, she didn't.
[break][break]
So, while they tackled the search aspect of the mission, she took on the recovery part, starting with herself. Because the further they moved down the trail, the further this awkwardness persisted, and she certainly needed some rescuing from that.
[break][break]
"You know," She started, sight kept fixed forward, as to not miss any clues or paw prints. "I covered all your HST performances last year -- crazy stuff. It's crazy how, a year go, we were broadcasting something like that and now? This. Hoenn sure is something." It wasn't the best ice breaker out there, but hey, it was something.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 18:42:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle is reminded that the councilwoman does indeed have history with journalism. it wouldn't be the first time someone in the council did despite the presumed conflict of interest between absolute truth and necessary government secrets.

"hst is fun. matches weren't serious, but i'm glad it's going to be four more years before the next one."

he chuckles awkwardly. it brought unnecessary anxiety to kyle, mostly because gym leaders gave out badges left and right during the entire event, bringing a lot of hoenn close to challenging him. that meant work and he didn't like work.

"but yeah, that's hoenn. most carefree region, i reckon. one day, we're hosting parties, and the next, we're facing aliens." he doesn't understand it, but he doesn't question it either. "are you sure joining the government's the right choice for you during doomsday season?"

it's poorly worded and the delivery was bad, but kyle's tone was pure curiosity.

the mightyena continue to lead the way. trees start to get sparse alongside the shrubbery. it meant wide open spaces, which are ideal for children to play at, he supposed.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 4:05:11 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Ah, there it was. The same curious question everyone thought, but very few had the guts to ask. Hands tightening on the reign, she released a soft sigh, and her lips lifted into a bitter smile.
[break][break]

"100%."
[break][break]

If he knew of her career, he'd known she had given up her position, her shares, and literally everything she held at HBS upon her appointment. Joining the council with an immediate conflict of interest was far from what she'd hoped to achieve during her tenure.
[break][break]

"I was born and raised here. As hectic as it gets, this place's my home. If I can help bring about some change, I'm going to do it, even if it isn't the most...convenient path. "

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 4:15:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his only response to that was a nod. it's an apt answer, which kyle can relate to. a bit sappy, but it felt genuine at least, given the hesitance to say something too niche and cringe.

"understandable, understandable. i wish i can say the same."

he could think of a career change, but his level of education and experience barely scratches the surface of the standards of what he perceives to be the floor to be a successful lawmaker. sitting in an office all day beats traveling around the region to put out fires, after all.

the thought gets shrugged off though, given how farfetched the possibility was.

a bark from the mightyena distracts them from the little chat. they are led to a field, or at least, what was left of it. a scarecrow indicated what it was, though the burnt rows of corn made it unrecognizable at first glance.

"looks like we're close."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 13:55:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Sappy was the name of the game. If Penelope couldn't be passionate about this much, well, maybe council wasn't the future for her.
[break][break]
To the bark, Penelope lightly urged her Mudsdale to pick up speed, moving down toward the mightyena with haste.
[break][break]
"Nice, okay."
[break][break]
It wasn't much, but at least with this, they knew they were on the right track.
[break][break]
Dragonite was still overhead as they made it out to the burnt fields, encircling them from above. It wasn't until his second time around he'd pick up on something and make out a loud, short bark of a sound.
[break][break]
"That way."
[break][break]
Following the Dragonite's pointed arm, they'd be able to come across more clear signs of movement; mainly, smashed corn stalks and shrubbery in the shape of one small pokemon. It probably pushed it's way through to make that sort of dent on the world.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 14:23:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he says his goodbye to the scarecrow before moving deeper into the fields.

following the direction of where the dragonite leads them, kyle moves until he manages to spot the mound of stalks on the ground. he investigates, pushing aside what was left of singed vegetation and such, to see one of their targets.

a sleeping growlithe, huddled alone in fear, welcomes their sights.

"well, that's one. you say there were three right?"

he turns to his pokemon and whistles for their attention. once all eyes were on him, he motions his index finger around as a non-verbal command, after which, the pack disperses.

"i'm not sure what to make of this, but it's your call if you want to stop or if we're searching until nightfall."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 15:37:25 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope clicked her tongue against the back of her teeth.
[break][break]
Surely, the others couldn't have strayed too far from this pup, right? But, the further they went, the more difficult their trek back would be, and she knew better than to underestimate the woods at nightfall.
[break][break]
"We keep looking. The other two can't be much further." She decided with a curt nod.
[break][break]
While the other dogs went to pick up a scent, Penelope slipped off from the Mudsdale and knelt down to scoop up the young Growlithe pup. He gave off a soft whimper as lifted his body from the ground and immediately curled closer to her chest.
[break][break]
"Don't worry, buddy, we'll find your brothers soon."
[break][break]
Her eyes flicked back up toward the champion.
[break][break]
Where to next?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mudsdale"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 19:00:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
two barks form different directions sound soon. it wasn't even at least a solemn, beautiful howl so the loud, sharp sound rung in kyle's ears. he winces until the sounds stop.

it doesn't seem like the councilwoman was wrong with her assumptions, at least.

kyle makes sure the incessant barking, which he assumes they only do to get kyle's attention despite it being clearly work time, was gone before he goes asks penelope. "you go to one, and i go for the other?" he suggests.

he would have wanted to go to both since he loves dogs, but what he loves more than dogs is having no work left to do.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 2:16:23 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Sounds like a plan."
[break][break]

Pup still cradled in her arm, the councilwoman hopped back on top of her mudsdale and leaped toward the second sound. Branches clawed her arms, drawing small lines of blood as she rushed through the trees and stalks of corn. But none of that mattered. More than anything, she just wanted to confirm that lone pup's safety and go home to a warm bed, and maybe even a cup of hot chocolate.
[break][break]

A small howl drew her attention to a single tree to her west. Dried and shriveled up, it created no cover for the small pokemon, who was curled up between its long whithered roots.
[break][break]
It'd take no more than a few seconds for Penelope to drop down and retrieve the dog, bringing it back to the point and her originally split from.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 14:22:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle has been on the same spot while the councilwoman has gone off to reach the other growlithe. he's been fiddling with his phone, reading tweets about scarecrows now that they're trending.

he made sure his mightyena rolled around the patch of grass where the other growlithe was found before sending him to that direction. it manages to attract it back to him because young dogs are impressionable.

by the time penelope arrives, the mightyena kyle has sent hasn't returned yet. his eyes were still glued on the screen of his phone until a bark from far away alerts him.

the sight of the mightyena trotting towards them with his tail swaying welcomes them. a small growlithe follows behind, matching the pace of his pokemon.

"oh, pog. we got all three."

with the two of them with penelope and the last one with his mightyena, it makes mission success. he walks over to meet the third growlithe halfway before picking it up. he offers it to the councilwoman.

"here, take this. i'll take a commemorative picture to send to the owner. it's definitely to ease them and not because it'll be cute to see all three smushed up all together."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FIND THAT PUP
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 16:54:10 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The last of the pup's arrival was welcomed with a sigh of relief. That was it, they did it.
[Break][break]
"Definitely not," shaking her head, chuckling, the councilwoman slid down from her mudsdale and plucked the third Growlithe from the ground, smushing him up against the other two in her arms.
[Break][break]
With a wide smile, she looked back toward the champion, praying he would take the picture quickly because holy hell were their wittle claws sharp as fuck.
[Break][break]
All three flew from her arms the very second after Kyle took the picture.
[Break][break]
"All that's left is to take them back."
[Break][break]
That, and to celebrate back at home with a glass of wine.
[Break][break]
"Good job, bye the way. Couldn't have done it without ya."
[break][break]