awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
all of the gin joints [valor, c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 20:54:33 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
The supernatural embargo enforced upon Hoenn by the placement of the barrier was making everything difficult, from simple stuff like brushing your teeth, to more complex and important things like taking care of the sick and injured at hospitals. If the chaos at the grocery store two months ago was any indication, things were only going to get worse.

Add to it that a large portion of Fortree was dedicated to a Pokemon sanctuary, throw in a huge helping of migratory Pokemon whose seasonal exoduses had been completely halted, and add one overworked, overworried Sanctuary head, and you have yourself a recipe for disaster.

It was with Alex in mind that Memo directed Sibella down towards the ground; the bat couched her wings and dropped like an arrow, her rider pressed close between her ears, before catching the wind at the very last second and landing gracefully and gently on the ground.

The Sanctuary’s storage was spread across big covered barns, like the one just behind him as he slid from his Noivern’s back. They contained everything from food and water to medical supplies. The numbers from the last few inventories had come back off, and Memo had caught a beleaguered and stressed-out Claire on her way to inform Alex of the unbalanced equivalency in the numbers. He’d assured her he’d take care of it-- and he would, because that was his job, but it was also personal.

So he came around the corner of the large metal barn, heading for the smaller entry to check the lock and make sure it was secure. He was also waiting for to arrive-- he’d requested help from her personally, both as a way to make amends and also because he knew she was more than capable of assisting.

dawn of a new day: defend!
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 3:19:25 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

A hopefully familiar buzzing filled the air long before Kaida's arrival, followed by the flapping of feathery wings. This was a flying-type sanctuary, and so she had brought along her Yamega, the dragonfly zipping and zooming. Being both a bug-type and flying-type, it seemed they were making a fuss among the Pokemon...perhaps this wasn't the best idea for the mission, at least they'd have the Pokemon's backup.

Memo, that traitor, was around. They were to check the security and protect the foodstuffs, water, and medical supplies. Already, she was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of buildings to watch over.

With little choice, they sought out Memo. With the Yamega's speed, they would come crashing above the man, her Yamega hissing in a (hopefully) playful manner. "Hm." Kaida narrowed her eyes, this might not be a good idea. "Hello." She still wanted to strangle this man, how could she focus!?

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 17:46:12 GMT
Kaida and her Yanmega fell over him like a thunderstorm, and he knew immediately that what little time had passed between their return to the physical world and this meeting had not done much to soothe the hurts between them. That was fine, he thought, as he skittered back out of the way so Kaida’s dragonfly could land, he wasn’t looking to be forgiven. He knew he’d fucked up, regardless of the personality warping that had occurred outside of his control.

The animosity she felt for him was not the important bit here. Protecting Fortree-- the sanctuary, and Alex as an extension ofit-- was.

“Hi!” he said, cheery despite the nerves and dire feeling, “it’s good to see you.” And despite the ghost of a throb in his nose (she’d broken it when she’d punched him on the beach) the warmth in his voice was genuine.

Her eyes narrowed at him and he held up his hands in surrender. “It’s okay, we’re going to split up. You take the buildings on the north side, and I’ll do the ones on the south. I just needed someone I could trust.” Which was true, to a point-- Memo didn’t figure there were many Rangers he couldn’t trust-- but Alex had vouched for Kaida and the two of them obviously had a friendship, so he figured that was helpful motivation for protecting the Sanctuary. “We’re just looking for anything out of the ordinary: broken locks, jimmied windows. I don’t think anyone’s gonna spraypaint a big red R to mark their trail, but hey, we might get lucky.”

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 4:13:50 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Clutched in her Yamega's legs, Kaida could have been a humorous sight. Not so as her eyes barely melted their solid ice as she was set down upon the ground. Politness would dictate she accept the greeting...so, her head spinning with the wrongness of it all, she turned away.

"Mm-hm." Simply to let it be known she heard.

"Missions usually require both people trust each other." She grumbled out loud, "Why didn't you take Alexei...is he still recovering? He trusts you, for some reason." In truth, the woman still hadn't deduced the nature of their relationship, but she could sense care and trust.

Hissing a breath between her teeth, she dug in her pockets and came up with an ear device. "Here." Tossing it towards Memo, she continued, "Call for help if you find anything or anybody, I want to at least be around if I'm needed. The Pokemon need me to be alert."

Tentative help extended, she whistled to her Yamega and was whisked away, eyes open for any suspicious damages.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 4:31:44 GMT
Even though he deserved all her scorn, it still stung.

He trusts you, for some reason.

Maybe because we're in love?

He swallowed his protests, the same ones he’d had with Alex-- he was changed, hell, even Kaida had been changed, after the third scan. But there would be a time for that, later.

“He’s still healing,” Memo said, and this, too, was the truth, “and, besides. He has a lot on his plate. I’m Fortree Ranger Captain, now, by some miracle, so. This is my job.” He left out the part where he really didn’t want to burden Alex with any more stress, right now.

He felt his mouth quirk up, couldn’t stop what came next: “And as far as trust, well, for as much as you dislike me, I trust you’d stop me from being beaten to a pulp by some lowly Rocket. You’d want to do it yourself.” He tapped the side of his still slightly discolored and crooked nose. “I remember.”

Snagging the earpiece out of the air, he said, “Will do,” and let her depart without any argument. Sibella cocked her head at him, ears perked with curiosity, but he waved her off.

“I deserve it. C’mon, let’s finish this patrol.”

feel free to create some chaos <3

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 0:08:16 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"...I hurt my hand doing that. I'm too small." There was a sort of bitterness in her voice, some kind of longing for strength, and then she swallowed it away. In that moment, she had been strong enough, and that was good.

It would be fine, a patrol like this.

---

So of course she found a problem almost immediately.

Around a warehouse, vegetation was trampled. She would almost think it was Pokemon footsteps, but she knew the area and Pokemon here too well. This was a flying-type sanctuary, and many were species that were frightfully territorial. This could neither be their work or some mischievous wild Pokemon.

"...Memo? The south warehouse, something's here."

And with that vague informing of the man, she guided her Yamega down, already spotting attempts to cover footsteps. Thrown dirt, sliding steps, and leaves thrown over differently colored dirt. Actions no Pokemon would take. A snarl started in her throat.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 18:33:11 GMT
I’m too small.

Sure didn’t feel small when she was collapsing his nasal cavity back into the center of his face.

He was reliving the experience, the bursty-static-crunchy-styrofoam sound of Kaida decking him in the face. It kept him grounded. He had deserved it, after all, and lingering on that meant he wasn’t thinking about the rest of what happened.

There was a strange, visceral, half-dream moment when Kaida’s voice actually did sound off in a burst of static, alerting him to the presence of something strange. He radioed his affirmative and Sibella pulled a big c-curve in the air, flying upside-down for a time as they darted south to Kaida’s location. He closed his eyes into the wind until the bat righted herself and landed, and he slid off.

He noticed it immediately-- it was hastily done and poorly covered. He angled his body to walk around the disruption so as not to disturb the evidence. “Shit.” Pressing a hand against the canvas covering, it gave with a ripple, revealing a tall, vertical slice. A point of entry and exit? “Double shit.”

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 1:32:52 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

She hovered behind Memo, eyes flicking around the area beyond the cut canvas. "They've already left, but not long." In the skies, the flying-types were only now leaping into the air, squawking and shrieking. "That way!"

As they say, where there was smoke, there was fire. Or in this case, where there was feathers, there was a disturbance.

Hardly waiting for Memo, and all too eager to finish this, Kaida burst outside, tilting her head towards the flying Pokemon as her Yamega grabbed her. The thief had used some kind of sharp clawed or bladed Pokemon, they'd have to be careful. As they buzzed into the air, she squinted her eyes...indeed, two silluottes were darting from shadow to shadow.

"Do you have any Pokemon good at capturing? I don't want to use Ormr here." Too make Pokemon that could potentially be hit by a Glare or Rattlesnake here, too risky. She was impatient, but she wasn't cruel.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 17:37:41 GMT
He felt Kaida’s presence behind him, amazed that she dared to come into his immediate airspace and hadn’t strangled him yet. Like a practiced hunter, though, she was already moving onto the next step in the chase.

She was airborne by the time Memo was back outside, swinging onto Sibella and taking flight with a valiant shriek, his Noivern inundated with the excitement of the chase. She caught up with the Yanmega, the dragonfly’s whirring wings echoing the thrum of Memo’s pulse.

“Yeah,” he said to Kaida, pressing a hand into Sibella’s neck. The Noivern dropped like a stone, wings pulling in and shooting through the air. Memo’s stomach did a flip-flop and he felt himself come out of his seat. Sibella got as close to the forest floor as she could, flaring her wings to catch the wind and slow their descent, and Memo launched a prepared Pokeball in the direction of the fleeing shadows.

Freya exploded from the beam of light; she hit the ground with one foot, and in the next triggered her extreme speed, overcoming the interlopers with ease. She grabbed one by the back of their shirt, darted forward, snagged the other by the front, and brought them together, cracking their heads like coconuts. They both grunted in pain, dropping their packs of pilfered goods, before slumping to the ground, stunned or unconscious.

Freya struck her paws together as though clearing them of dirt. Done and dusted.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 1:01:59 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

She had to admit, Memo's next moves were a good play. To both avoid danger to you and your mount, and set out the most efficient Pokemon for the job. She supposed he was a Ranger for a reason.

Too bad it made Svart all disappointed, the Yamega slumping in midair and loosing a puff of air. "Don't worry, you can hunt next time I bring you with me." Capture with a Yamega might have become...bloody, for lack of a better term.

She landed next to Memo, releasing Ormr. Briefly, the serpent fixed Memo with a gaze, uncertain if Kaida meant to fight him again, before she whistled. "No, wrap these two up." An Ekans' coils wouldn't let prisionors free anytime soon.

She attempted to stay silent as she contacted authorities, but alas, Memo was her partner for today. She had no choice.

"Good job."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 22:38:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: