raf
he/him
thirty
june 28th
cascarrafa, paldea
pansexual
philanthropist
associate
The clever owns, but never is he possessed.
awards
61 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rafael
Rafael Artega
Groundbreaking: A Night for Charity [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 1:04:54 GMT
Rafael Artega Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rafael"]
[attr="class","rafaeltext"]

[attr="class","rafaelpkmn"]

Rafael stands regally at the marble railing of the second-story balcony. The chill of air conditioning blows from the open door behind him, mingling with the warm air of late summer, their opposing temperatures struggling around the man with each eddy of wind. A sculpture garden is visible below, the stone and iron figures illuminated by dazzling lights that sent the old-fashioned architecture of the building aglow.[break][break]

"...and it is with great gratitude that we welcome you to the Groundbreaking Gala," Rafael could hear the host's booming basso clearly through the open doors, "Before we begin with tonight's festivities, please give your attention to our host, Rafael Artega."[break][break]

Tugging the cuffs of his crisp white shirt to extend appropriately below the cut of his charcoal suit, Rafael strides through the doors and onto the stage, sharing a warm smile and nod with attendees at the front tables as he positions himself at the podium. His gaze sweeps the room, taking in the pristine white tablecloths, crystalline agates aglow as centerpieces on each table in lieu of flowers, the crimson and gold banners hanging from the white marble, neat and tidy, presenting the image of perfection that he strove for.[break][break]

"Welcome, my friends, to Groundbreaking. The Artega Foundation is proud to sponsor this evening's event even as we are proud to extend our sponsorship and support to Hoenn's historical research and preservation each and every day. The Artega Foundation's motto is 'Rich Past, Bright Future' and through your attendance here tonight, you provide an even brighter future for Hoenn's archeological efforts. Please enjoy the refreshments, bid on items at the silent auction, and speak with one of the docents in the red jackets if you are interested in making a larger donation." Rafael sweeps the room with a kind smile before stepping away from the podium and heading to one of the bars. Noble eyes him speculatively from where the Snivy sits on the bar near a bottle of expensive brandy.[break][break]

"Yes, Noble, I know it was a good speech, you don't have to tell me," Rafael says to his pokemon as the bartender wordlessly hands him a gemstone-colored cocktail.

[break]

[attr="class","rafaelooc"]
@nikita
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Putting on a Front

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.rafael]--accent:#85bb65;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rafael]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rafael .rafaeltext b"]color:var(--accent); } .rafael .rafaeltext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .rafael .rafaeltext i { color:var(--accent); } .rafael .rafaeltext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rafael .rafaelooc"]} .rafael .rafaelooc b { color:var(--accent); } .rafael .rafaelooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .rafael .rafaelooc i { color:var(--accent); } .rafael .rafaelooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .rafael .rafaelooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rafael .rafaelpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 13:05:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikitapost"]
[attr="class","nikitaposttext"]

[attr="class","nikitapostpkmn"]

Standing among the gathered attendees, Nikita clapped politely as Rafael concluded his speech before taking a sip of her vodka tonic. She watched the man make his way to the bar to procure a drink of his own, but before she joined him, she searched the room for one of those red-jacketed docents he had just mentioned.[break][break]

Fortunately, one was near the bar as well, within earshot of Rafael. Cocktail in hand, Nikita gathered the skirt of her dress and picked her way over, her movements confident, elegant. Though she knew no one else among the guests, her Rotom had accompanied her, merged with her prosthetic arm.[break][break]

"I'd like to make a donation," Nikita told the docent in a measured voice. Momentarily putting down her drink, she removed her checkbook and a pen from her purse, then wrote out a check for 500,000 PD. "Will this do?"[break][break]

The docent accepted it eagerly. "Thank you for your generosity, Miss Wells."[break][break]

She flashed him a polite smile, tucked her things back into her purse, and collected her drink. The interaction had put her directly in the proximity of her host, who she hoped had observed it. The next step, of course, was to introduce herself to him.[break][break]

Sidling up next to Rafael, Nikita turned her smile upon him and extended her right hand to him — her real hand. "Mr. Artega, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Nikita Wells. I'm honored to have received your invitation; your gala has been a delight, and you have impeccable taste in décor."

[break]

[attr="class","nikitapostooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Putting on a Front[break]
+ Outfit & hair | her prosthetic is silver-colored titanium

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.nikitapost]--accent:#69B6BB;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikitapost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

raf
he/him
thirty
june 28th
cascarrafa, paldea
pansexual
philanthropist
associate
awards
61 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rafael
Rafael Artega
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 20:24:01 GMT
Rafael Artega Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rafael"]

The tropical fruit flavoring and smooth alcoholic burn of the cocktail swirl across Rafael's tongue as he stands at the bar, projecting an air of relaxed enjoyment. A beautiful woman catches his eye as she approaches a nearby docent though Rafael tilts his drink with feigned preoccupation, though his focus goes toward filtering out the sounds of the gala to listen to the conversation. The bartender catches his eye and discreetly mouths 'Wells family. Galar. Medtech.' as the man deftly pours wine for another guest.[break][break]

As the woman slides up to the bar and introduces herself, Rafael grasps her hand before giving a polite kiss to the air on each side of her cheeks. Eyeing the docent over Nikita's shoulder, the man signals that she had made a top-tier donation. "Miss Wells, certainly the honor is all mine. My father has always admired the work your family has done in transforming the medical industry so I am truly grateful that you chose to spend your evening with us." Noble began to clap happily at Nikita, his small arms wiggling in excitement as he hissed quietly. Rafael had done this dance with donors so many times and Noble always played his part admirably. "Noble and I would like to thank you for your donation as well," he inclined his head to the Snivy perched on the bar, "and we would certainly love to arrange a visit to one of our archaeological dig sites if you are interested?"[break][break]

Rafael sets his drink on the bar, his face transformed into polite enthusiasm.

[break]

@nikita
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.rafael]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rafael .rafaeltext b"]color:var(--accent); } .rafael .rafaeltext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .rafael .rafaeltext i { color:var(--accent); } .rafael .rafaeltext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rafael .rafaelooc"]} .rafael .rafaelooc b { color:var(--accent); } .rafael .rafaelooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .rafael .rafaelooc i { color:var(--accent); } .rafael .rafaelooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .rafael .rafaelooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 12:57:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

So he had seen her make the donation. Good. Nikita could breathe a little easier, knowing she had made a good first impression on Rafael Artega. Her parents had insisted that she forge a connection between their families ever since word that the ancient Paldean house had sent their son and heir to Hoenn. That he — and his father — had already heard of hers was a bonus.[break][break]

"You are too kind," she replied, keeping her tone reserved so her comments did not come off as exaggerated. "I love all things related to art, so it is no trouble for me to support your efforts in preserving priceless artifacts."[break][break]

Nikita took a sip of her own drink and smiled softly at Rafael's Snivy. His little applause was adorable, and she found herself wanting one, too.[break][break]

The offer to visit an archaeological dig drew her attention back to her host. "I would be thrilled to visit one. Where are you actively digging in Hoenn? I know there are ruins in the desert near Mauville — I've seen them a few times at a distance while out horseback riding."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.nikitapost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

raf
he/him
thirty
june 28th
cascarrafa, paldea
pansexual
philanthropist
associate
awards
61 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rafael
Rafael Artega
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 0:58:05 GMT
Rafael Artega Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rafael"]

Ha, there's no such thing as priceless artifacts, Miss Wells. Everything has a price. Rafael smiles politely at the woman and takes another sip of his drink as she speaks. His smile brightens as she mentions the desert ruins outside Mauville though he fights to keep a flicker of annoyance from showing after their latest disruption at the excavation.[break][break]

"We are, in fact, conducting a major archaeological endeavor in the desert right now," Rafael beams with excitement, "We absolutely must have you tour the site." Coincidence or espionage? Rafael briefly wonders to himself what it must be like for normal people to live their lives without questioning the motives of every person they talk to. Noble claps again for Nikita, causing Rafael to chuckle. "Noble gets too bored on the dig site, I'm sure he would love to give you the tour himself," he jokes, giving the Snivy a genuine look of sympathy.[break][break]

Let's test the water. "Perhaps we can show you some of the Hsiuian artifacts we have uncovered before they go on public exhibition," he says in a conspiratorial whisper.

[break]

@nikita
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 11:06:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Nikita's polite smile turned toward the Snivy momentarily, but quickly returned to grace Rafael. "I will have my people contact your people to set up a visit, then," she said to her host. "Rotom, take a note, please."[break][break]

The Pokémon that hovered by her head gave an electronic chirp and spun in the air.[break][break]

At the mention of Hisuian artifacts, Nikita's eyebrows raised in elegant arches. How odd that Rafael would make such an offer. After all, she was merely an appreciator of art; her own work had little to do with his, and she was there more because of her personal interest than any professional one.[break][break]

After taking another sip of her cocktail, she replied, "I'm humbled by the offer, Mr. Artega. I would love to see them for myself, though I confess, I am not an expert on Hisui. Is that time period in our history of particular interest to you?"

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 3:14:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@nikita