awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
OPULENCE
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 13:40:38 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar smiled slightly, amused over the idea of caring about anyone outside of Rocket. GMH's charitable pursuits were just a means to an end--yet he supposed to at least pretend to be invested in the welfare of the general public. If not just to avoid further scrutiny from Fernando.

Oscar smile twitched, as if he were forcing it to stay up. "You're not getting into my will without a ring Fernando. If you want to complete your Devon playset you'll just have to make an offer."

Oscar looked up briefly, wondering if it was time to play one of his cards. Might as well, hanging onto it for too long would only cause complications within this conversation.

"I--apologize for my lack of foresight. I've been in a selfish mindset as of late. Too busy staying in the present, I haven't stopped to think about the future. You're right though, I should begin considering my options now. You see Mister Silph, I'm dying." Oscar's reveal was as casual as any other small talk, and he would let it hang in the air as he took a sip of water.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,929 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OPULENCE
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 0:53:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OPULENCE

WHEN GLIMMERS CEASE TO SHINE

“THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION,” he delivers clearly and succinct. the breach of topic causes him to rigid in speaking. moreso than before.

however, it goes without saying, greater mauville holdings, for better or worse, has a huge impact on hoenn. when do you intend to step down?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
OPULENCE
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 0:59:05 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar tilted his head, an eyebrow raised as if the answer should be obvious. "Once I'm sure I can't save myself. As long as I continue treatment I should stave off death just long enough to find a cure. Maybe. I don't see a reason to step down before all hope is lost."

Oscar leaned in, "Unless you have something to offer in exchange."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,929 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OPULENCE
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 1:05:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OPULENCE

“THAT’S REASSURING,” comes out plain text but carries a lie that knows no tone. “however, should you be incapable of carrying out your duties, it is in GMH’s best interest to find someone else as soon as possible.

which, ultimately, could go either way. removing them from the league ecosystem only consolidates his own power. however, biodiversity makes the region more self sufficient. fernando ponders both for a short second.

do you know what it is? there is little silph co. and the league cannot remedy.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
OPULENCE
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 1:15:26 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar chuckled, "Get this, it's a fuckin' eldritch horror created by . Caught it when I volunteered to help rebuild his church of Arceus. I should have left it alone but it seemed like good PR at the time. Anyway, it's all up in my organs and efforts to remove it have proved--nearly fatal."

Oscar briefly tightened his folded arms. Beneath his shirt were the scars from such efforts, and he felt nauseated just thinking about them.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,929 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OPULENCE
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 19:17:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OPULENCE

“…”

fernando leans back. out of the hundreds of plagues that could end a life, a living creature is sparsely at the forefront of his predictions. in silence, he mulls over his options, eye flirting with the top of his eye lids. if anything, this pause only reinforces the fact that oscar was correct in his assumption. there is little recourse but to stall for time.

a living parasite. toxic. embedded.

he squints at the scars but remains undaunted. the nagging feeling of an uncovered answer pricks at his mind.

there is a way,” he divulges, “but i do not have it currently.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
OPULENCE
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 20:24:32 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar blinked, "I--you--what?" He did not expect Fernando to know of a solution, at least not one Oscar had not tried yet. Even so, it was possible that whatever Fernando had in mind was in Rocket's possession and Oscar had in fact tried it. Regardless, Oscar was keen to hear what he had in mind. 

Oscar leaned in, his expression a bizarre mixture of cold hopefulness. "Well let's hear it. Maybe I can help you retrieve it, it isn't as if I have much to lose by now."

A blatant lie, but one that Oscar liked to tell himself to make the prospect of dying easier to swallow.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,929 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OPULENCE
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 23:31:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OPULENCE

“THERE ARE THREE POKEMON WHO CAN HELP,” fernando reveals. “two of them are out of reach and have no intention of helping humans. the last one is one i know very little about but it has made an appearance lately.

among the turmoil of METENO and team rocket is the uptick in weird occurrences. SPACE-TIME DISTORTIONS have unveiled new evolution lines and pokemon unheard of. likewise, a few individuals have come across a pokemon that still remains no more than a whisper.

“from our understanding, it is a shapeshifter. it works like a parasite but benign. it melds with the host, duplicating vital organs, and extracts what it pleases.” he sucks in air between his teeth. “your affliction should be no different—at least from our current understanding of it.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
OPULENCE
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 17:32:04 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar furrowed his brow, rubbing his forehead to convey stress. "Well--I have no idea where to even start looking for a pokemon like that. Nevertheless, I appreciate the tip. I will start searching right away and let you know if I find anything, I'm sure you could benefit from whatever I uncover." Oscar actually knew exactly what Fernando was referring to, but making that known would give away his association with Rocket. posessed an alien parasite known as Deoxys that matched Silph's description--though more accurately Deoxys seemed to posses him. Oscar should pay him a visit once the meteor was handled.

Oscar opened his mouth to say something else, but he would be interrupted by their server arriving to deliver their meals. Having ordered blindly, Oscar did not know what to expect--but as the waiter set down an extravagant pasta dish he would be glad that he took the risk. Oscar took a few bites, and indeed it tasted divine. Once his mouth was clear of food Oscar would engage Fernando once more. "Was there anything else you wished to speak of?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,929 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OPULENCE
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2022 19:37:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OPULENCE

“I AM TRYING TO TRACK DOWN THAT POKEMON.” fernando says no more as their thoughts pivot. what oscar had understood to be ’s DEOXYS, fernando had been referring to his own MEWTWO. while its abilities are fibbed and highly exaggerated, his premise leans toward there. two sides of the league-rocket coin.

when the food comes and conversation dies down, fernando shuffles his answer between each bite. “current events, i suppose,” he slips in, as the topic swaps to THE CLOUD, METENO, and GMH’s public stance on rocket.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,282 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
OPULENCE
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 6:45:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: