awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 17:34:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
there is no shortage of help needed in a region that knows its days are numbered. it is the dawn of a new day and yet freya can not escape the feeling that this is the beginning of the end. a small distortion within meteor falls brought instability and with it, a signal for help from some cave divers.

they're warned to tread carefully, that she ought to wait while someone from the rangers gets dispatched, but freya assures she'll be just fine. 

though ori is the smallest of her salamence by far, his inability to twist through crevices makes him ill-suited to the task. so she releases her flygon; her seafoam green scales glitter as they glide over water. they come upon a cliff edge and freya dismounts to allow echo a drink.

all the while pokemon and trainer listen intently for cries of help.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
Know stars guide you through the darkest night.
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 17:44:51 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
i'll chase the light of that distant star
It had happened, as Talia always feared it would: Hoenn approached the brink that Johto once did, all those years ago.

She clung to Lyra's neck as the Dragonair slithered through the fissures of Meteor Falls, her topaz eyes searching for her promised companion: , a woman known for her skill in taming that most untamable of Pokémon, dragons.

The Ranger inhaled deeply, steadying herself, before alighting to where the white-haired woman and her Flygon had paused for a drink. Her Dragonair coiled behind her with a practised grace, the draconic creature's luminous eyes transfixed by the beauty of the stranger before her.

"I hope you have not been waiting long," Talia managed, her own ears attuned to the potential chaos surrounding them. Her heart sat in her throat, anxious; this was a place where missteps were not only common, but fatal.

It seemed trite to introduce herself, given the gravity of their situation, but the silence between them invited speech.

"I'm Talia. I'll be here to assist however you need."

● Search and Rescue ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 18:14:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
echo hears them coming and signals as much with a fanning of her tail, though does not raise her head from the pond. freya pats her side and waits, smile brimming as the dragonair and its rider land nearer them. the other dragon gives them a berth, enough so that echo does not feel possessive of her tamer.

echo finally lifts her head after having drunk her fill. she stays on all fours, wings tucked against her sides. she lifts her tail again, moving it in a pattern freya recognizes as body language for welcome.

and with trust earned from the beast at her side, she speaks. "i've only got a bit of a head start. they told me they were calling a ranger in." she walks around the pool of water to peer over the side of the cliff. the water runs over the edge, but wherever it goes, the crashing is so far it can't be distinguished from the other waterfalls that line the rocky ridges and fissures of meteor falls.

"i'm freya, by the way," she says without looking back. echo slides away from the pair to join freya and at her command, lifts her wings. she flaps them as her claws scrabble at the rough stone, keeping her grounded. 

as the muscles at the base of her wing flex up and down, scraper and file meet. a melodic series of chirps bounces around the walls from her stridulation and when the sound has carried, she suddenly stops, legs absorbing the impact as she drops her full weight back to the ground. both stay still, listening intently.

freya glances at talia, gaze asking, hear anything?
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 2:50:26 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Talia closed her eyes as she knelt in kind, listening to the reverberating echoes from the aptly-named Flygon ripple throughout the rocky terrain.

In another life, music had been Talia's first love. Hers was an ear trained to know the difference between each pitch and syllable, and in this moment, that skill found itself a new use in the way that sound carried through stone.

Lyra's winged ear twitched first, the Dragonair crooning softly as her face tilted towards the east knowingly. "I hear it, too," Talia said, eyes fluttering open. "There's something... someone, I think... Over near that waterfall."

She pointed, turning to Freya as if to seek confirmation.

● Search and Rescue ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 3:06:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
unlike her companions, freya is a bit harder of hearing. turns out more than half a dozen concussions and constant draconic roars can affect the senses. so she can't hear the pitched sound that comes back, faint as it is, but she catches the dragonair's reaction. echo stiffens too, head tilting to mirror the dragonair's own. 

"then mount up, ranger," freya says with a smile. she throws a leg over echo's neck and settles against her shoulders. she unfurls her wings, clambering away from lyra and talia so as not to smack them during take-off, and then nose-dives off the cliff.

"have your dragonair lead us."

echo's wings snap open immediately, ballooning like triangular sails. with a few flaps, she's climbed a good ten feet back up. dragon and rider circle their companions, leveling out only when talia takes the lead.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 3:20:56 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
A tiny spark of pride burned in Talia's chest at the other woman's approval, and it burned brighter still at being asked to lead.

"As you wish," she said with a brisk nod, then whistled to her Dragonair to slither close, wrapping her arms around her neck as she mounted the draconic Pokémon. "Come, Lyra!"

Where the Flygon's wings prepared to lift into the skies and dive, the serpentine Dragonair's ascent to sky was fluid, as if swimming through air like a current of water. The wings on either side of the dragon's head fluttered softly in the breeze, swiveling towards the much quieter sound that had attracted their attention mere minutes ago.

Talia narrowed her gaze as she attempted to glimpse through sight what sound had taught her, until finally something stood out in the cliff-face.

"Is that...?"

A scrap of clothing waved like a flag in the wind, its colour that of a Ranger's uniform. Talia's eyes widened, and she dove closer to this ominous clue, calling, "I think I found something!"

If someone's clothing had snagged up here, then her heart sank to imagine what had fallen below.

● Search and Rescue ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 23:38:08 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
echo follows the dragonair almost playfully. it's been a long while since freya's had time to stretch the flygon's wings. a rattling purr sits in her throat as she tucks her right wing suddenly, pitching them into a spiral. freya's arm drops, looping around her neck as gravity threatens to drag her off. 

but then the flygon steadies, still purring despite freya's chiding. 

"can we practice some composure please?" she says through a half-hidden smile. only that falls shortly when talia exclaims she's found something. 

they get closer; echo holds them aloft at a standstill so freya can get a look at the clue. below them is another fissure, but whatever is hidden in its depths isn't visible. meteor falls' natural illumination does not stretch.

freya reaches for another capsule from her necklace and throws it in the air beside them. sypha emerges in a flash of white light, scaled form falling right before instinct kicks in and she rights herself. echo makes a series of clicking noises by way of introduction to the other tamer who's joined them.

"she'll light our way," freya says and then to sypha, points down at the way below. the dragonair's scales glow prismatic as she summons a light screen around herself.

"ready?" she asks. 
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 3:56:24 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
The two women became mirrors of one another as Talia released another Pokémon in kind from a Pokeball latched to her belt; her own Flygon, Navi, uncurled from a ball of light to join the fliers with the click of a lizard-like tongue.

The matching set of dragons hovered in wait as Sypha began her sinuous descent, shimmering with the prismatic LIGHT SCREEN that had called upon moments prior.

"Ready," Talia agreed, and swooped down into the foreboding, narrow passage in a shadow of scales and wings.

What dim pockets of light the Dragonair afforded underground were enough to eke out a faint path forward. Sharp, jagged turns proved a prevalent danger, one that Navi's BULLDOZE barreled through when the way appeared too small, or too treacherous, for their band of adventurers to venture through.

The sound of dripping water distracted her, although Lyra's winged ears remained attentive, even as the rocks shifted and moved at the Flygon's beck and call.

As the Dragonair reared her head suddenly, a croon of warning alerted Talia seconds before a flock of ZUBAT swarmed the cavern, darkening their surroundings so that Sypha's light vanished in the artificial darkness.

The blue-haired woman's startled cry echoed in the cave, only to swiftly direct Lyra to surge forward with a DRAGON RUSH -- one that cut a swathe through her portion of the bat-like Pokémon, enough to catch a glimpse of Sypha's light once more.

"Are you all right?" Talia called, more wrongfooted by the suddenness of the ambush in such a treacherous place than by the danger of the Pokémon themselves.

● Search and Rescue ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 17:14:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
despite the light emanating from sypha, freya still has trouble peering through the darkness. echo does most of the navigating work for her, listening to the pings of sound bouncing around the cave. her red veiled eyes don't offer her much by way of sight here, but these sounds are all she needs to find her way through the twisting and turning cave. 

she startles before the bats hit them, but not quickly enough where freya is ready for them. they swarm them in their panicked hurry to escape the cave; one of them manages to nick the side of her neck. 

lyra manages to clear out a majority of them; the rest screech as they flutter up from where freya and talia had come from. freya presses a hand to her neck. the bleeding has already stopped. 

"we're alright," she calls. 

and then, from below, someone hoarsely cries out, "is someone there?"
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 2:05:23 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
"Yes!" Talia called back into the darkness, hope audibly lifting her voice by decibels. "We're coming, don't worry!"

The chink in the cavern opened out wider, revealing a tight fissure beneath them -- small enough that they could see who was below, but not that they could feasibly all soar through with ease. Not without shifting the earth and stone, at least. Talia motioned for Freya to join here her, answering the stranger that had beckoned from below.

Sypha's light shone down, revealing that there were three trapped cave divers, all told: a middle-aged man and woman, as well as a younger boy of perhaps nineteen.

The woman tended to the man as he laid prone on the ground, a gash in his chest and arm indicating that he was the one who had worn the scrap of clothing that had signified their descent into this dark and desolate place. Beside him, an Onix that had clearly fainted rested in a tangle of coiled stone.

Of the survivors, it was the boy who called up to them, desperate to be heard.

"We fell down here!" he shouted. "My dad's hurt. I don't know how we can get him to stand."

"He can't put pressure on his leg," the woman echoed, her brow furrowed as she looked down at the man in her arms. "And he's barely conscious."

The faintest tremor of fear quivered in her words.

● Search and Rescue ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 3:19:08 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the fissure in which the tamers can view them is thin, far too thin for either dragon to slip through. sypha gives it an attempt, but draws back with a wriggle, snuffing anxiously after her head almost gets stuck. echo steadies herself, spindly claws extended, hind legs tense against the squeezing stone. she digs at the hole in an attempt to shape the earth, but a large chunk of it dislodges and smashes down beside the boy. 

freya pulls back immediately as shouts come from down below. 

"where did you tunnel in from? we can't get to you from here," freya calls down. 

"the tunnel collapsed!"

freya curses and dismounts echo, taking care not to get too close to the fissure, lest she twist her ankle. she waves sypha's tail over and the dragonair provides her with a soft glow, albeit enough to see which pokeballs she's plucking from her necklace. 

"watch out down there!" she calls and tosses a pokeball through. the flightless kommo-o emerges high above the air, but freya's shout of "orion, brace!" forces it to curl into a ball. sleek silver spreads over its scales as it impacts the ground, sending rocks flying and leaving a small crater in the earth. 

it unfurls from its armor, mostly unscathed, and paces anxiously.

"orion, on my signal! those three down there are your charge. protect them." she grunts as she remounts her flygon and looks to talia. "he'll cover them. we need your flygon to open this hole."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 5:11:57 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Talia held back as she watched the ethereal woman approach the fissure; Freya took hold of the situation with an almost regal command, and something in it relaxed Talia, as if she felt she could entrust the intensity of their situation with someone more capable and wiser.

As the Kommo-o PROTECTED the family below, Talia exhaled a breath she didn't realize she had been holding. "Thank you," she said to Freya, grateful. She wouldn't have dared ask Navi to push through the stone otherwise, for fear of harming innocents. With that danger now removed, she nodded firmly to Navi, and the Flygon soared over to the rock with claws extended.

Once more, she BULLDOZED her way ahead, and the tumbling rocks fell harmlessly across the barrier the Kommo-o provided. With the way no longer obscured, Talia rode Lyra down to land beside the cave's trapped inhabitants and released another Pokeball of her own. Her Chansey emerged with a beaming smile, waddling over to the fallen man with a wave of a small stubby arm.

"Helene, use HEAL PULSE," Talia instructed, and the Chansey did as instructed, channeling a pink healing aura about herself that she directed towards the injured man. To her great relief, it seemed to be enough to rouse him to his feet; the bleeding, at least, had stopped. He stammered out his gratitude, and Talia waved it away, embarrassed. "Ah, I should have opened with introductions. I'm Talia, one of the Rangers. It's nice to meet you."

Her topaz eyes scoured the area, taking stock of their surroundings: a fainted Onix, two adults, and a boy, now paired with the company of two women and their Pokémon.

"Now the question is how we get everyone out," she murmured.

● Search and Rescue ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 0:34:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
orion's plates glow ephemerally as he hunkers protectively over the band of cave divers. rocks plink harmlessly off those hardened scales, but a formidably sized boulder glances off his side; scales groan and freya can see his muscles tense in pain, but he holds nonetheless. 

and finally, when the way is clear, echo brings them down. she dismounts immediately and is relieved to see talia has some type of healing pokemon on her. while talia checks on the divers, freya goes to her dragon's side. a couple of the scales are cracked; one is shattered, pieces of it sticking out in orion's leathery skin. 

echo scuttles over to the onix and scratches at its sides, but waking it is out of the question. "you'll have to tough it out, o. the salamence are too big to fit down here." orion touches his forehead to her scalp and steps gingerly beside the family. 

"orion can carry him," she says and nods to the man. "if your chansey can spare something, he has a wound on his side." her head turns from talia to the son and the look on his face tells freya he certainly favors the other rescuer. talia has already established herself as the friendly one. 

"if it's yours, you may as well return it to its ball. won't do much good trying to move it." at this, his lip quivers. 

"h-he won't go back in his ball." 

freya grimaces and looks at talia. 
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 0:41:13 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Oh. Talia's eyes worriedly met Freya's for a moment, before quietly making the same assessment the white-haired woman had: of the two of them, she was the one better suited to sharing this news.

Gently she placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, then murmured, "Your Onix was very brave. I'm sure your Pokemon made sure you and your parents landed safely here, didn't he?"

The quivering lip trembled all the more as he nodded, tears misting his eyes. "Pewter was the best... He's Dad's most amazing Pokémon."

"And Pewter would want you all to get out safely," Talia said, her voice soft with reassurance as she wiped a tear from his cheek. "Come, now. He'd want you to be brave, too, wouldn't he?"

He sniffled in response, struggling to hold back more tears. "Yeah," he agreed quietly, then with sudden resolve. "Yeah. I can be brave." With that the boy turned without warning to his parents, running over to his injured dad to hold his hand.

Her Chansey had already moved to act on 's suggestion, tending to the wound that had been missed moments prior. The parents had already made their peace with the grim scene, focusing more on one another's safety than the fallen Pokémon in the ruins. When their son joined them, the three held one another close, grateful that their reunion was not under worse circumstances.

Talia assessed the situation in silence for a moment before turning to Freya with a thoughtful look, testing her hypothesis.

"Orion can carry the father. Navi can carry the mother. And if need be, the boy can join me on Lyra. Would that work, do you think?"

If so, she'd be ready the moment she was asked to ascend.

● Search and Rescue ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fissures
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 21:30:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
freya looks away, stepping aside to give them space. her attention is wholly absorbed in watching the chansey stave off the worst of orion's wounds. he'll still need some of the smashed scales plucked from his hide, but at the very least it should allow him to do what he must. 

a terse nod to talia and then freya kneels down beside mother and father. she inspects his wounded leg, trying not to grimace at the grisly sight, and beckons orion closer. "it will be a rough ride, but you can't risk flight." if something happens in the air, he needs to be able-bodied enough to hold on and freya's sure one jostle could send him unconscious and tumbling from one of their dragon's backs. 

talia's right. so with his blessing, orion scoops him up as gingerly as he can. the man hisses through his teeth, but otherwise puts on a brave face for his son and wife. 

"you'll have to climb back up there," freya says to orion, pointing. the kommo-o assesses the cavern's wall and draws his new responsibility closer. there are enough nooks and crannies that the dragon can use to ascend; it will be slow-going, but kommo-o are cliffside and canyon dwellers.

"echo," she calls. her flygon scuttles towards her and bares her back. when mounted, freya draws closer to talia. "we'll stay close to orion. if you can get them up safely to higher ground, we might use the help. i'd say we take our time, but i'm worried all of these tremors may have made it too unstable down here."

not to mention, it's more than likely that with all their loud movesets and rumblings of the earth, there's a good chance they've managed to piss off some of the local pokemon.