WRITE REPLY

Mafia's Guide to Babysitting

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 4:17:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Let's be lonely together,

'til the weather clears up,

[attr="class","freezybunger"]

With an Autumn chill in the air, yet just enough sunlight to warm things up, Rayne had stretched his hands in the air this fine little weekend, Chance dancing and zipping around him, chittering and giggling as the little Rotom found things to be interested in, occasionally stopping right in front of the eccentric's face expectantly. With a smile, Rayne had given the little ball of literal & proverbial lightning a pat on the head. Something something, physics and logic.[break][break]

He'd been out on a walk, having taken a break for quite a bit, wrapped up in a nice form-fitting coat and a white scarf, a latte in hand. He'd been looking out over the horizon, watching the waves flow by with a smile, not quite expecting to see what he'd see next...

[newclass=.freezybunger b]color:#E6B3CC[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,723 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 4:24:42 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I don't think this is right."[break][break]

The two stare at each other, one riddled with concern as the other crunches on a carrot.[break][break]

"The water's like... two inches to your right."[break][break]

The white-striped Basculin stares at her with dead eyes, crunching louder on the carrot.[break][break]

"Aeugh."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"]@rayne || and i oop || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 4:30:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

... and there it was, a confusing sight that had left even Rayne speechless, even Chance had stopped vibing, he had failed his vibe check. As the two stared at a little girl and her... odd-coloured Basculin, its mouth full of and in the process of chewing bits of carrot, and making some... choice sounds. Not even in the water, no, despite the safety and comfort of the water for a water pokémon such as it, there it was, on its side, on the walkway of all places, vibing, complacent with its life, on the walkway.[break][break]

"Is... that one okay, little miss?" Rayne had asked with some concern in his voice, heading on over and crouching to her and the Basculin's height as Chance had sat atop his head, peeking over with an equal amount of concern.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,723 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 4:47:42 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Nothing can save this Basculin's vibe check, she's sure of it. As she turns her attention to the approaching stranger and his concern for her Basculin, she kind of shakes her hands around as she gestures to... whatever it is that the Basculin seems to be doing.[break][break]

"Maybe? I don't think they usually eat carrots but he seems to be enjoying it so..."[break][break]

The crunching of carrots suddenly stops, the Basculin slowly turning its head towards the Rotom and staring. And as he lies there, watching menacingly, he begins to chomp again - Much slower than before, with every crunch emphasised.[break][break]

"He also doesn't want to get in the water."[break][break]

The crunching grows louder than before.

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 6:02:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"It's certainly... a unique diet, I'd imagine, but nothing necessarily harmful, I suppose?" he'd mused about the carrot-consuming fish out of water. For once in his life, Chance had shuddered at the pure assertion of dominance displayed by this alpha male gamer of a Basculin, fear was put into this little Rotom, and he'd hidden behind Rayne's head as cover, the eccentric gentleman in turn, turning his head to face his Rotom pal, "Chance? Is something wrong?" he'd questioned, cupping his hands gently around the Rotom and bringing it out in front of himself, back in uncomfortable family dinner akward tension distance between the Rotom and the Basculin, yet seemingly feeling safe and comfortable in his owner's hands.[break][break]

"What about his poké ball? Or... maybe we ought to entice him with more carrots... or other treats, perhaps?" he'd said with a smile, "Oh, Rayne, by the way, little miss."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,723 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 6:16:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I don't like forcing them into the pokeball unless I have to." Her nose wrinkles at the very thought as she kneels down to pat the Basculin. "And well..."[break][break]

As she moves to turn her snack bag inside out, only crumbs of carrot and dirt tumbles out.[break][break]

"I know you though! From that time you got thrown around in a big tree. It's also really hard to miss purple-haired people. I'm Eris, if you didn't already know!"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 8:18:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

He'd chuckled seeing the rather comical way Eris had shown she hadn't anything left to feed the odd little Basculin,[break][break]

"That's a problem I think I could solve!" he'd said with a smile. Though he'd paused when the little girl had recognised him, getting thrown around in a big tree? He'd looked somewhat puzzled, and a tinge of concern as his hand instinctively rubbed up against his neck, he'd certainly been roughed up quite a bit at the Tree of Life, nearly died in fact... but he didn't recall seeing a small child there. Chance had turned around, a slight frown forming on his face as he'd seen the little device embedded in his owner's throat, though Rayne had quashed that rather quickly with a gentle little scratch under the Rotom's... chin? Somewhere around where that should be.[break][break]

"Hm, peculiar." Rayne had commented with a slight cock of the head as he puzzled trying to figure out just who she was, he didn't recall her, nor could he believe that she'd be in Team Rocket, she was a child after all. He'd waved away the thought, in the end, deeming it an impossibility and that she probably mistook him for another handsome gentleman.[break][break]

"Hmhmhm, well, little miss Eris, back to the problem with your little friend... while it's not too much, this might be enough to tide you two over," he'd said with a charming smile, reaching into a little shoulder-slung bag he'd kept by his side, while it wasn't quite carrots he'd had a little bag of poké snacks, holding it out for the little blonde child with a warm and gentle smile.[break][break]

"my house is just a little bit from here, but, if you give me two minutes I can get a little bit of extra stuff to nibble on, treats, berries... more carrots." Rayne had paused for a moment before chuckling again, "and if you wait a little extra, I could cook something up for the two of you, oh right, I have a little café, I can put out a table outside if you wanted!" he'd said, clasping his together with a smile. While the café had been closed for a while, on account of his grievous injury despite his stubbornness, he'd been itching to re-open the Sunshower Café for a while now, and helping little miss Eris seemed like a good enough reason and excuse for it!

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,723 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 2:01:55 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She most certainly had seen him at the Tree of Life that day, but he probably hadn't seen her by the look he gave. Well it didn't really matter, she'd be likely to see him during a Rocket operation some day.[break][break]

That or maybe she'd pop by his cafe a bit more often. She's bound to become a menace the moment she knows a person's frequented locations.[break][break]

Reaching out for the bag of poke snacks - which would honestly very much disappoint a certain Luxray - Eris murmurs aher thanks and starts feeding it to her Basculin. "You don't have to go out of your way for it. That and I think Bastian will get too full for dinner if we keep feeding him?"[break][break]

The Basculin opens and closes his mouth, staring at the Rotom with the most intense look he can muster.[break][break]

"Aeugh."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights