enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
disaster
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 23:13:14 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

A brow lifts, his smile sharpens.[break][break]

The peal of laughter that follows isn’t mocking, but it is wise. “The answer to that is a tricky thing. You’ve handed me a double-edged sword.”[break][break]

If he were to say yes, it would be easy to quickly deem him as arrogant and presumptuous about where this might lead. If no, he shifts into a liar or a snob.[break][break]

“I would say the answer to your questions depends on what you are looking for.”[break][break]

The cutting edge of his smile dims, though, in the wake of her own answer. Mirrorlike, her words bounce back like a familiar echo. Coy and veiled and heavy with ache.[break][break]

“Yes, all the time.”[break][break]

His hand lifts as he smiles, fingers curling as if he were about to allow the back of his knuckles ghost across the curve of her cheek in a gentle touch. Then they twist like they might’ve tucked under her chin to tilt it up. He does all of this without truly touching her. Not even to dust feather-light against rose-tinged skin.[break][break]

“Yes, Miss Reyes. I would go so far to say the interest is assuredly there.”[break][break]

Close enough that if she wished for the contact, all she needs to do is lean into it. It is static, sparkler bright. A warmth he has allowed himself in some time—though he knows that this too will fade and cool just as the rest.[break][break]

Still, it is nice to entertain. Particularly when it seems she understands what he means when he says it exists every day like the weight of a rain that hasn’t broken yet.[break][break]

She knows this particular brand of hollow longing.[break][break]

Had they been elsewhere, he might’ve chanced indulging in that touch. Would’ve allowed his hand to settle there under her chin so that the pad of his thumb could press against the plush swell of her bottom lip.[break][break]

Would she allow that?[break][break]

“Misery does love company, does it not? Or, distractions, at the very least?”[break][break]

Would she allow this?

[break][break]
  | >:3
[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#b69fc7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzo blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .enzo .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disaster
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 2:07:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]tentatively, like a tightrope wiggling beneath her feet, she feels the fine line they're treading. it wavers back and forth, never quite staying on one side for too long. a balancing act between simple curiosity and hidden agendas becomes difficult to maneuver.

too much pressure, too much leaning... and she'll fall.

"have i?"

doe eyes slip upward to find his. he has a few inches on her, maybe even a foot.

"if i was looking for something you were as well, what then?"

his hand encroaches on her personal space, close yet not daring to cross the threshold. she wants to follow the motions, trace his fingers until she can't see the space in between. yet, her stare does not stray.

on her own accord, her chin rises with phantom touch.

"i suppose it is there on both accounts."

mutual. thriving.

what would he do if she bridged the distance?

"distractions and company work wonders on a starved soul."

a spark is all it takes. igniting the bones, brightening the eyes.

she leans slowly, tentatively... as if she's afraid of catching fire, of burning.

"though, would you give in to the distraction?"

would she?

she's close enough for her cheek to brush against the edges of his hand. a little further and she would know the end as it could begin, with a jolt of lightning and a means big enough to swallow up the deep set yearning for a little while.

and she understands, then, that she already has given in to indulgence.

it had already been set in motion. all she needed to do was lean in.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
disaster
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 3:32:31 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

The tilt is there and his smile splits into a grin, though for once it lacks its typical, wolfish menace. No, in this moment, he’s simply… pleased. Warmth radiates from even the most minimal contact, and he could do far more but he’s mindful of the fact that as of yet, they are not behind closed doors.[break][break]

“If we were to be looking for the same thing, then it would be absurd to allow a perfectly good opportunity slip by, no?”[break][break]

“Certainly. If I found such a thing to be worth my while.” The answer is swift and decisive.It’s an indulgence that he shouldn’t partake of while working, but the hour is late and the clock runs down.[break][break]

So Enzo cannot find it in himself to be prudent. Professional or unprofessional, there are worse sorts he could spend his time with. And this feels far from regrettable.[break][break]

For a little while, it would simply be nice to forget alongside someone who understands.[break][break]

His hand shifts again. Turning just enough so that he is able to twine his fingertips with a loose strand of silver. His eyes study hers as he tucks her hair gently behind one ear—careful to drift along the shell of her ear.[break][break]

The slightest touch. Feather-light and ghostly.[break][break]

It’s a gentleness he only exhibits on occasion, and a movement that is maybe tinged with more melancholy than he means to betray. But even this feels like a humming echo. When he casts off reverberates in the center of her chest and returns to him.[break][break]

“I would confidently say your company is very much worth my while.” The edge of a teasing smirk ticks the corner of his mouth up. The hand that hovered close drops away—though not without the brush of knuckles along the soft line of her jaw, the slope of her neck. [break][break]

A hint of what other lines he could trace if given the opportunity.[break][break]

“But would you say the same of me? Enough to postpone your meeting?” Though he could be patient, he figures. If he must.

[break][break]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#b69fc7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzo blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .enzo .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disaster
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:06:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the end, perhaps, she's a simple creature: one that flourishes beneath a pleased expression directed solely at her.

she feels it in a faint fluttering low in the body, in how easily skin heats beneath the slightest touch, and how she looks to sink teeth into more confirmation and praise until she's gorged herself on the sensation.

"would you?"

worth his while, worth his time, worth spent energy and fleeting salvation found in another warm body... would he say she's worth it? would she believe it?

the hair around his finger is tucked behind her ear and it's gentle.

no, she decides with the motion. she wouldn't, but it's nice to play pretend for a little while.

he traces innocent lines against her jaw, her neck, and she could see the vision: the places knuckles can go, the masterpieces they can create against the canvas of a body. she feels, then, a sudden and incessant craving to be his muse, his art, all at once.

"yes."

there is no shying away from this. she sheds sheepskin with the concept of fleeting time. the resulting smile is faintly wolfish.

"consider it postponed."

and with the finality of it all, she reaches a hand up and gently rests it on his wrist. an invitation and an acceptance of the night laid out before them all in one fell swoop.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
disaster
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 0:12:15 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

“I would,” he confirms again, though Enzo has an inkling that they both know the truth of things. That this is no more than something fleeting and self-serving for the both of them. Mutual exchange.[break][break]
The opportunity to preen under the weight of attention and unrestrained hands, and want. Even if it isn’t the long lasting sort.[break][break]
Perhaps a part of him expects her to demure. For the game to reach a swift, somewhat disappointing conclusion. But he is pleased to find that is not the case.[break][break]
A brow lifts in time with the hitch at the corner of his mouth. “Come, then.” (That is the eventual hope, of course.) His head tilts and his glance flits to the exit at the far end of the open room. Away from the bar, out in the open where patrons of his hotel mingle around them. His hand slides from the delicate hold she keeps on his wrist, lets his fingers close around hers.[break][break]
Because it would be terrible etiquette to be so careless in front of his customers, no?[break][break]
Nevermind that she is technically a customer, and dalliances such as this are often unwise. Infrequent, or not.[break][break]
But the draw of temptation has already snaked around him and rooted itself in place. Fed by the way she leaned in. The slight curl to her words that hint at something beyond soft eyes. Tucked there in the sharper edge of her smile. The hint of teeth.[break][break]
Beguiling. A mirrored lupine nature–surprising, but not at all a disappointment. If anything, it is a relief to suddenly not feel the need to treat her as if she were porcelain.[break][break]
He knows the bittersweet, often forlorn ache they spoke of. He only knows how to amplify, but not take it away. So it echoes itself in his movements once they are alone in the back hall, in how he presses her back against the ornate, gold-scrawled wallpaper and folds over her diminutive stature.[break][break]
The careful dance they’d stepped through the motions of at the bar faltering and stuttering to a different tempo in how his hand finally settles securely under her jaw to tilt her face up and close the distance.[break][break]
Culmination.[break][break]
The last stretch toward the pinnacle before the final bow.

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights