snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disaster
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 0:08:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]mossdeep city is, perhaps, a different backdrop for her meeting with but... it'll do.

she finds herself passing time in a hotel lobby, taking advantage of the fanciness of it all. the bar is fully stocked and given the looming meeting an hour or two from now, she'll need it.

a drink is held tight with white knuckles. it's idly waiting for her to raise it, to sip the contents and ease the nerves in her system.

instead, she simply... people watches.

the people of this establishment seem larger than life. they remind her of , of the grandiose existence he lives. somehow, she drinks then for the thought alone.

one in particular catches her eye as if she's seen a ghost. she hasn't, really, considering she doesn't actually know the man but just the sight of him instills a sense of familiarity.

she deduces it to the classy suit and sleek hair, the commanding air, the beckoning for eyes on him.

her eyes try to dart away before she's caught staring but it's too late... eye contact settles as much.

she finishes the glass and calls for another as if in preparation.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
disaster
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 19:42:47 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

is not the only one doing their share of people watching that evening.[break][break]

Of course, the individuals who work and frequent his establishment on a regular basis know who he is and have simply accepted Enzo as a part of the backdrop. It is not uncommon to see him floating through the busier communal rooms, often with his houndoom dogging his heels.[break][break]

Today, however, he is on his own, and he makes a habit of learning the faces who come around. Learns their preferences, and figures out how he might best appeal to them. She, however, is new. Enzo can sense as much from yards away.[break][break]

It is written into her posture, and how she waits–drink in hand only minimally touched. So yes, Enzo has observed her just as much as she has noticed him, and when she is unable to look away quickly enough (the moment he’s been attempting to grab,) he smiles. And perhaps it’s a bit snakelike, but somehow he always manages to pass it off as something congenial.[break][break]

He carries his own drink in hand (which, for himself is often just as much a prop when he is working,) and he lifts it to tilt in her direction as silent acknowledgement before approaching. “I noticed you seem to be looking for someone, is there something that isn’t to your standards?”

[break][break]
  | >:3
[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#b69fc7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzo blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .enzo .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disaster
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 23:42:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he smiles and she knows, on some level, she's done for.

the approach is signaled with the tip of a glass. he follows suit a moment later and she's turning her head away from the retreating bartender. there goes the lifeline...

"not to my standards?"

it takes a moment before the words click. and like clockwork, color begins to bleed into the skin of her cheeks.

"no, everything's fine. i'm, um, not quite used to this sort of setting."

the rich of hoenn somehow outdo those in sinnoh. her father and his associates would be mortified to know they're not as swanky as they'd like to believe.

somehow, the thought makes her smile a little. she holds the expression in place even after the next drink is placed in front of her. it widens, curling itself into something more curious.

"do you ask that of everyone who looks out of place?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
disaster
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 21:20:32 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

His chin tilts upward in a silent ah of understanding. His smile remains fixed in place, fluid charm with a brief flash of teeth at one corner of his mouth. “Very good then.” Normally, he might carry on to the next patron who looks even the slightest bit displeased, but Enzo lingers as curiosity sparks like a strike of flint.[break][break]

“Is there something that might help you acclimate?” Really, he wants to ask Why subject yourself to this if it is not your sort of setting? A more polite version of what are you doing here, then?[break][break]

At one time, when he was much younger and less composed, he might’ve asked the latter question without a second thought. He likes to believe he’s trained that rudeness out of his system–even if it lingers like an unsightly rot under a pristine surface.[break][break]

He at least hopes that she’s impressed on some level by the opulence of it all. But perhaps not.[break][break]

Enzo’s glance floats to the refreshed drink sent her way and he tips a nod of approval to the tender. Then his attention returns solely to her. “I give my best effort to do so, certainly.” Then comes the twist of a small smirk as he lifts his tumbler again. “But it is only for the more intriguing that I give more than a passing moment.” After all, the truly dissatisfied are more apt to eat up his time as opposed to the quietly content.[break][break]

“Are you here for business then, Miss–?” The question hangs as his eyebrow lifts.

[break][break]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#b69fc7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzo blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .enzo .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disaster
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 2:38:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile almost becomes full of teeth.

"maybe another drink or two."

coyness does little to aid her in the art of blending in with the opulent but it's a fun little game to indulge in from time to time. what's the worst that could happen, anyway?

she is, in a way, impressed. perhaps one could lend the concept more to him than the grandeur of it all. while it seems larger than life, it's only a fancy hotel at its bones. the people make the place and so far, he's doing a well enough job to enhance the experience.

besides, she's never quite had someone intent on helping her fit in before.

"oh?" she raises the new drink to her lips before pausing. a moment of silence, of her simply analyzing him over the rim of a glass. and then, the smile widens. "does that mean you find me intriguing, sir?"

she sips the thought down, then, and returns glass to countertop.

"reyes," she supplies. "illeana reyes."

right, the nature of her visit... is it business or stupidity?

"i am. i have a meeting in an hour or two."

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
disaster
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 2:23:31 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

There is a slight tilt of his head, another brief flash of teeth. “I’m sure that can be arranged easily.”[break][break]

It’s a bit cute, the way she acquiesces to his assistance with a degree of elusivity in her smile. She is playing at something outside of her normal, and she knows as much, but does so anyway. He can understand the sentiment, though Enzo has an impression that the reasoning as to why probably doesn’t align with his own.[break][break]

He hums in quiet assent, eyebrows lifting in tandem with a short nod. “Of course I do.” His finger taps against the side of his glass, ring clinking against the surface. “A pleasure, Miss Reyes. De Luca, Enzo.” He offers his free hand out to her then in gesture.[break][break]

“I see.” Leaning against the bar, he settles one elbow on the glossy surface and allows his chin to settle in the cradle of his palm. There’s a flicker that passes through his eyes, and it’s undoubtedly the sort of interest that betrays his want for gain. “And is this a business meeting, if I might ask? Social call, maybe?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disaster
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 22:26:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the smile widens to slightly dangerous territory.

"can it?"

her head tilts to the left, almost curious in the way it shifts.

"maybe with the right person behind it."

fitting in is an odd sort of thing. it's not necessary by any means but... it could make some things more comfortable. her existence in the lobby of this hotel, for instance, would be easier if people would stop staring when they pass by.

she tries to acquaint it to the heavy moniker she wears on her shoulders, on the job title, but she knows she simply looks out of place.

eyes stop following with his presence and for that, she's almost grateful.

"is that merely because i stick out like a sore thumb or something else entirely?"

she takes his hand with a gentle grip and a warmer smile.

"pleasure's all mine, mister de luca."

it's a name that demands attention, remembrance, a spot in the brain. she concedes to the concept with little resistance.

after a moment, she releases his hand and reaches for her drink again. perspiration leaves a small ring on the table even after she raises it to her lips for another sip.

"business," she murmurs. the smile grows. and as it curls into cheeks, it becomes a little more shy than she'd like to admit. "i don't do social calls like this."

they're more private, intimate matters than impressive opulence or lavish settings. she likes to think it's the coziness that makes social meetings more personal. while the hotel lobby is nice, there's a sense of coldness seeping through the floors.

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
disaster
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 2:04:05 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

“It can.” He can accommodate most things, if Enzo chooses to do so. That’s the benefit of running this particular operation. “And what sort of person is the right sort, then?”[break][break]

It’s a genuine sort of curiosity that prompts him to ask, no matter how tailored his words might seem to those who interact with him during operating hours. “The latter, of course.” She stands out, it is as simple, and as complicated, as that.[break][break]

“Oh. No, no Miss Reyes.” His smile curls as he lifts her hand in his, the corners of his mouth just visible over the back of her hand and wrist when he presses a soft, but polite kiss against her knuckles. His eyes flitting up to meet the ruby glint of her own in tandem with the gesture. “I do insist that the pleasure is mine.”[break][break]

He does not hold on when she withdraws, fingers slipping away from his own with ease. Enzo follows suit and returns to his own drink, mirroring those small movements as his spare hand slips casually into one pocket. Presenting relaxation because it seems to suit her.[break][break]

“Ah, there is nothing wrong with a business call.” After all, whether Illeana is aware of it or not, most interactions in this area of the hotel tend to fall into that category. Still, he allows his expression to shift into something light and teasing in the face of how she demures.[break][break]

“Oh? Why not? Bit of a shame, that.”[break][break]

He cannot say he blames her, though. There is an air of formality there, and that is something he has very much worked to cater carefully. In his opinion, however, traces of warmth are still to be found. If only one knows where to look.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disaster
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 2:03:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"someone of power, perhaps."

anyone but her, probably. she's a season too soon for such a thing.

her smile stretches with an implication. it's a nice thought, to be interesting enough to seek out among a crowd. she wants to exist in the state a while longer.

it lingers even after his lips leave the back of her hand, after fingers drop away from his hold.

"hopefully i don't disappoint, then."

how could she disappoint a stranger, though? it's not like he holds her to an unobtainable standard. perhaps to him, she's nothing more than a passing face, a fleeting moment, a one-off encounter.

she washes the concept down with another sip. the fruity flavor of the drink doesn't quite stop the way the thought persists but it does little to deter conversation.

"debatable..."

she flashes mild teeth.

"business isn't quite as fun."

and with all the shit going on in the region, she's been needing fun in the way flowers need sunshine.

despite herself, heat etches itself into her cheeks. the result is a soft rosy glow.

"a shame? why's that?"

another sip acts as a mild lifeline. it dulls the throat until words are no longer stuck.

"i tend to prefer cozy atmospheres for social calls, i suppose."

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
disaster
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 2:35:17 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

“What sort of power do you mean?” His head tips to the side, a curious question. A genuine one.[break][break]

After all, there are different sorts of power, and each can be leveled in different manners. He’s not really certain why he’s decided to pick her brain for such a thing, but her answers have been interesting, to say the least.[break][break]

“This smile suits you,” he adds in casual observation. She should be allowed the opportunity to feel as if she is flourishing at the center of someone’s attention.[break][break]

Enzo’s own smile stretches wider, eyes crinkling just so at the corners. “I’m certain you will not.”[break][break]

Of course, he doesn’t hold some grand idea of how a chance meeting like this might play out. He is simply dwelling in the moment for what it is, and in company he finds holds his interest. He needs nothing more than that, and there are certainly no outright hurdles required of her to pass. Not today.[break][break]

It would be a lie, after all, to say he is not an opportunistic sort of beast.[break][break]

But he is not actively looking to gain right now. If something works to his favor from this conversation–well then that is just added benefit.[break][break]

A short laugh chases her words. “No,” he says, pausing to drink from his glass. “It’s not nearly as fun at all.”[break][break]

Rose tint is also a complementary thing on her, he decides. Blooming across pale skin in a vibrant, but not so overpowering way. “I suppose I just think it wouldn’t be such a bad thing, should you give it the opportunity.”[break][break]

He shrugs, “Though I suppose I can’t fault you for preferring more intimate interactions, either.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disaster
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 22:52:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she dwells on the question for, perhaps, longer than she should.

power can be a fickle thing. it's not easily defined by simple terms. instead, it exists in different concepts. each one can be so vastly different that she wouldn't even know where to start.

in the end, she settles on a simple response, bred into existence by experience.

"the power of influence, wealth, opulence. it can be quite compelling for the masses"

one comes to mind, then, and is immediately followed by one . two different sides of the same coin: defined by their inherited status and left to make it their own.

he interrupts the train of thought with a simple statement, one that shouldn't necessarily procure such a reaction from her. and yet, it still elicits a soft intake of air and a further rosy shade of pink. it even spreads toward the tips of her ears.

"certain, hm?"

she plays a coyness to distract, to place a distance.

"perhaps certainty is wasted on me."

would she give such a thing the opportunity? it's entirely possible, sure, but it might require dipping toes outside of a comfort zone she finds difficult to leave.

perhaps he's right that it wouldn't be a bad thing but...

"for who?"

for her? perhaps. for her company? not necessarily.

"who should i give the opportunity to, then, to see if it's not as bad as you say?"

she takes another sip of the glass. it's little more than halfway finished by now. condensation clings to the skin and threatens to drip onto the fabric of a blouse.

"do you indulge in intimate interactions?"

bold question, realistically, but she's curious if only to compare to her own self-perceived luxuries.

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
disaster
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 17:05:03 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

He hums lightly when she finally decides to answer. “You’re not wrong. That sort of power is quite compelling. But is it not also easily tiresome?”[break][break]

Enzo values his wealth—he’s built it from virtually nothing. But he isn’t often frivolous with it, either. Those with the power behind old money are, frankly, boring in his humble opinion.[break][break]

And Enzo is not a humble man.[break][break]

“What good is opulence or monetary boon if there’s no intellectual power or charisma to support it?” The mind, and innovation by extension. That’s power, versatile and expansive.[break][break]

The pink that tints her cheeks makes him smile, Cheshire-like. And then she demures, of course. Shying away from his forthrightness. But he has little issue in persistence. “I said what I said.” His smile stretches a hair wider.[break][break]

The twist to his secondary remark gives him pause, though, and he looks down at the remnants of his glass with a short huff of laughter. “Can it not be mutually beneficial?”[break][break]

There is an odd sort of delicateness in this interaction, he decides, as the tip toe around one another and over-complicate simple matters. It is interesting, though, and he supposes that is why he’s still engaged. “Well, whoever strikes your interest most, I figure.”[break][break]

The forwardness in her question causes his brows to shoot up, unexpected from someone who has been blushing her way through the conversation to that point. But how is he to deny her the answer?[break][break]

“On occasion, if I’m that compelled.” Something else he is not often frivolous with (for reasons that he refuses to dwell on,) but for the right person? All bets off.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disaster
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 3:51:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"it is."

she expects power comes with a loneliness. one that persists despite every attempt to fill the void. and it makes her wonder if power is truly worth such a price?

"good point... i'd rather the intelligence than the opulence, personally."

it's not like she has much else. her brain is her strength, her magnum opus. without it, she'd be nothing more than another face in the crowd.

her lips spread into a pleased smile beneath the confidence in his statement. he said what he said, regardless of her varying self-perceived concept and how stark of a contrast it is.

"it can if you found the right person."

and who would that be? certainly not her... not in this way, perhaps.

her eyes level with his, then, and a spark ignites in red. it crackles for a moment before becoming simmering embers of a dying fire.

"i suppose in this moment, that would be you?"

the careful tiptoe they've been doing is, perhaps, the most interesting thing of the day. in a soft sort of way, quiet in the back of the mind... she wonders how it will end.

she finishes the remaining portion of her drink and returns the glass to the counter. her smile widens, warm and faded with alcohol at the edges.

"is it hard to compel you, then?"

it's a curious sort of question, as if she can't help the way her fingers itch to peel back layers until she understands the ins and outs of his mind.

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
disaster
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 5:03:55 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

“I don’t disagree.” Though the elegant extravagance that surrounds them, or his finely tailored suit might beg to differ. They only became a reality because of his mind, however.[break][break]

And for someone who scraped by on nothing for much of his life, this makes all the difference.[break][break]

There is an ebb and flow to their conversation, and Enzo rolls with the push and pull, smile widening a fraction. Expression shifting in micro-transactions to tailor fit reactions to whatever she says. “And what would the right person look like—in your opinion?”[break][break]

No playing for keeps occurs here. But he does play for curiosity’s sake. That intrigue is doled out in equal measure, even on both sides. “I should hope I might make the cut,” he answers, low slow rumble laugh following.[break][break]

He ponders the question. The easy answer is yes, it is difficult to compel him more often than not. Instead of saying as much, though, he meets her question with one of his own after a lengthy pause.[break][break]

“Do you ever find yourself lonely for someone in particular? For a certain place, in a time long passed?”[break][break]

His glance flits away, the cleverness in his smile waning in favor of a certain edge of honesty that is not often offered to anyone—be they friend or stranger.[break][break]

Perhaps it’s the way she holds herself, or the way she speaks of intimacy that gives him the idea that she might understand. Though he doesn’t wish to provide his life’s story. “I find it often proves a deterrent unless the interest is there.”[break][break]

A distraction powerful enough to shutter off the active parts of the mind that seek to prevent. Even if only for a temporary period.[break][break]

Even if it always fades. And what better companionship, than one found on common ground?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disaster
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 3:24:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]what would the right person look like to her?

is it a matter of aesthetics? title and power? or... feeling, awakened after being buried deep inside the chest cavity?

her silence speaks of hesitation, of uncertainty.

and in the spaces between, her eyes light up beneath dim ambient lighting.

"would you like to be that person?"

a simple question with, perhaps, a not-so-simple answer.

his next question, too, is not as simple as it seems. it comes with a sense of longing and pain and bitterness all wrapped up into a single string of words.

she's spent so long existing in a state of stubborn loneliness that she doesn't know what life feels like without that deep, ceaseless yearning stirring her insides up. she used to wonder if it ever goes away. and now, she's certain it never will.

"yes, all the time."

her smile is wistful, barely masking the carnal longing.

and yet, what is a girl's existence without such a sensation growing like ivy over her bones?

"do you?"

she re-directs. or, well, attempts to. it's a subtle steering that could work if she knew him. she does not, however, and it is merely a shot in the dark.

better yet... perhaps her teeth are less idle, less starved and craving, when sunken into something.

"is the interest there now?"

her eyes hone in on his, red and bright and searching for something he can't provide.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights