Caleb Harcourt
Sibling Rivalry [M]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 19:17:04 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest2"]
[attr="class","calebtest2text"]

[attr="class","calebtest2pkmn"]

"Caleb," he responded automatically to Isaac's friendly introduction, gruff response in part due to the semi-distraction of swiftly tapping out his work phone number into Isaac's phone. Satisfied, he handed it back to the other man before finishing his explanation. "Caleb Sharpe. I'm a Cadet with the Slateport Rangers. Text me every photo you managed to take of those documents. I'll need to attach them to my mission report."[break][break]
He took a moment to regard Isaac, as if really seeing him for the first time that evening. The man was younger than Caleb, he guessed. Blond, limber, clearly tech-savvy. He had kindly eyes, and he was trying very hard to exhibit a casual, relaxed air now that their shared ordeal had come to an end...but he couldn't quite hide the fact that he was still mildly on-edge. Lingering adrenaline, or the irritation of a man who's plans had been foiled by an unexpected "ally"? Caleb narrowed his blue eyes ever so slightly, and asked in a guarded tone, "Who do you work for, by the way? Were you also sent to retrieve the Porygon?"[break][break]
Caleb was not going to give up the Porygon without a fight, but he hoped it didn't have to come to that.

[attr="class","calebtest2ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Data Leak

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calebtest2]--accent:#3AD1E1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2text b"]color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text i { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc"]} .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc b { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc i { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Sibling Rivalry [M]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 20:29:10 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Caleb.[break][break]

The name. The demeanor. The major uptick in interest at seeing the Rocket hit list. Things were starting to add up, and not in a way Isaac was comfortable with. He practically smashed one of his toes underneath his big toe to force his mind not to focus on it. He couldn't let Caleb knew he knew. He didn't know why. But he couldn't. Not here. Not now. Not yet. Not ever?[break][break]

"I'll text them right over," Isaac said, clinging onto his mission as if it was a life raft in the storm that just brewed. If his intuition was correct, he was in for a wild ride. "And if I can dig up anything else, I'll let you know."[break][break]

And then Caleb asked who he was working for. Yeah, no. That wasn't a question he was answering. Luckily, it was also a question that had a natural excuse. "This thing interrupted raid night," he said, the explanation as natural on his mouth as his breath was. "And I wasn't going to let it keep turning my ISP into an all you can eat buffet on progression night. So I decided to take the problem into my own hands."[break][break]

Frankly, Isaac couldn't get into MMOs if he was held at gunpoint. But his little sibling played enough for him to absorb some of the lingo.[break][break]

He could tell from the little bit of edge in Caleb's voice that he was prepared for the worst. Maybe he'd be surprised when Isaac simply shrugged and headed away from the establishment. "The Porygon's handled, so my job's pretty much done," he said. "Catch you later, okay?" He threw a casual wave over his shoulder, and barring any last minute questions from Caleb that would be that.[break][break]

Good. The faster Isaac could get away from this mess, the better.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Sibling Rivalry [M]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 0:40:07 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest2"]
[attr="class","calebtest2text"]

[attr="class","calebtest2pkmn"]

Caleb watched all but run out of the back room of Wiz Kid Tech, watching him go with a sense of unease. The younger man had given a reasonable enough explanation for his distress over the Porygon and its behavior. This was a nerdy computer shop, the kid and his gaming buddies were probably regulars. But then the image of the knocked-out ginger came to mind - did the Porygon really do that, or had that been Isaac, to ensure the cops wouldn't get called? Caleb remembered the frantic way Isaac had been typing, like his laptop was on fire. Had the files all been instantly corrupted by the Porygon or had Isaac corrupted them in an effort to hide their contents from anyone who might manage to snag the Porygon?[break][break]
Paranoia was like a cloak around Caleb's shoulders, heavy and hot. Rocket was behind every shadow, pretending to be normal people with boring everyday lives. That's what Rocket did. Caleb himself had spied for them once, before they'd taken over Kanto. Was Isaac one of their agents, dispatched to ensure nobody found that hit list? But if he had been, wouldn't he have killed Caleb on the spot? Why was Caleb still alive if Rocket had him on a goddamn hit list? All he'd done was change his name and pretend to be the sort of person who could make it as a Ranger - nothing clever, not really.[break][break]
You wanted them to find you, and end your miserable life, a small, hateful little voice whispered in the back of Caleb's mind. You wanted to suffer for all that you'd done in Kanto.[break][break]
Except now, he didn't. Now, he was a Slateport Ranger. Now, he had people relying on him. Now, he might actually be redeeming himself for all the pain he'd caused in the past. Dying did nobody any good; which was something he felt like might say if asked.[break][break]
Speaking of Tam, Caleb needed to get back. He needed to process his report and turn in the Porygon.[break][break]
He needed to decide what to do about the list. Who to tell. What to say.[break][break]
He stood in the darkness and gazed at the now dimmed HD TV screen, saw the faint outline of his reflection staring back at him, and thought that, with the lines blurred and the shadows enhanced, he looked a lot like Zev.

[attr="class","calebtest2ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Data Leak

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calebtest2]--accent:#3AD1E1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2text b"]color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text i { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc"]} .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc b { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc i { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sibling Rivalry [M]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 5:04:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: