roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 15:28:37 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

There were better things they could be doing than subjecting themselves to this. Egotism was the largest cause, but also a persistent stubbornness in both of them. 
They both had something to prove. To whom? Well, that varied and differed depending on who asked. Kosei was, admittedly, feeling a little cocky about the entire thing. Surviving out in nature was so far from Enzo's ballpark that he figured he had this in the bag.
[break][break]
Being a military brat, his parents had an austere belief in strength and independence. They cultivated that in him and used it as an excuse not to offer their son a single flake of affection. "It's not good for him," they'd say, "it doesn't instill hard-working and self-reliant values." Such utter bullshit, but they were right, in a way. He certainly didn't have to rely on anyone to survive.
[break][break]
The old fishing boat rocked as it carried them to the shore. There was an obnoxious stink of fish in the air that he hoped was aggressively assaulting his partner. The island loomed before them, looking almost forbidding from this angle.
[break][break]
They wouldn't have much daylight to work things out, which wasn't Kosei's favorite thing. Though he was not about to be the first to complain, he'd reserve that to the slimeball beside him. "Still sure about this? We can still turn back if you want." He couldn't help but be a bit of an asshole before it started.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#8A4A64;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 17:50:15 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]

Kosei had sorely underestimated the power of Enzo’s pride.[break][break]

Of course, it wasn’t only his ego on the line, given that this was a who could do better sort of situation, but Enzo was not about to be outdone by this idiot. No, he would prove once and for all that he could handle the general outdoors and survivalist type perspectives.[break][break]

Actually, it annoyed him to no end that Kosei thought him unable to spend a week with few resources. Just because he was squeamish about the outside, it wasn’t because he’d been raised in a cushy environment. He didn’t enjoy messiness because he’d more or less been raised with nothing. He’d had to claw and fight just to get above the surface of all that muck. He had goals, aspirations.[break][break]

Just because Kosei was made of tough stuff and had the weight of old familial expectation did not make him superior in this. No way. Enzo had scrubbed dirt and grime out from under his nails countless times. He would do so again. Granted, this was all city grime. Urban decay and rot, rather than the natural wilderness. But what was the point in splitting hairs about it? The point was he knew how to be resourceful when it all boiled down.[break][break]

He sat in the boat opposite of Kosei, arms folded and silently stewing.[break][break]

“Yes I’m sure!” he snapped back, obviously annoyed as his shoulders hunched higher. Then his smile twisted into something snide, only just noticeable in the dim of the growing evening gloom. “Unless you’re trying to get me to back out first because you don’t want to do this.”

[break][break]

+ | deserted island | 8 years ago!!

[newclass=.enzo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#b69fc7;[/newclass]

[newclass=.enzo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo ]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 18:26:53 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

He had seen the nastier side of Enzo's pride and his temper. It wasn't something he normally stoked, if only because the bastard held onto grudges better than any relationship he'd ever been in. It just never aided him to provoke the other's natural instinct to be superior. This time, however, oh — he couldn't quite help himself. Part of him was a bit sick and tired of being ordered around. At one time, such a sentiment came somewhat naturally to the guy who spent his whole life obeying orders. With Enzo, however, it had never sat right on him.
[break][break]
It didn't take a genius to suggest this was probably going to backfire. Nothing good from putting people like them in desperate and provoked situations. They were more likely to result in murdering one another than prove anything. It was, really, all a little pointless. It was merely the posturing of flashy Oricorios.
[break][break]
His own confidence did not subvert the very will of Enzo's tenacity, thus he was in no position to think this would be an easy win. He could hope though. He really just wanted to see Enzo complain and beg to be assisted. It might be nice to see all that smarmy wit and superiority complex crumple just a little bit. Kosei would even resist the urge to boast too much and even resist the desire to record the inevitable downfall. He scoffed at that, "Not gonna happen, De Luca. You're going down." The boat jostled some as the waves pressed it into the sandy shore. There was no turning around now. The fisherman announced he'd be back at the decided time, but there was an emergency signal if need be. It might very well be needed if the trash prince needed it, but Kosei would not.
[break][break]
He pulled himself free, holding out a hand for the other in as condescending a manner as he could. "Need help, little prince?" Though he was certain that Enzo would smack it away. The rules were to bring only what could be carried on their backs. Luckily, Kosei was good at packing and thinking ahead so he felt confident that he was prepared. Hopefully.
[break][break]
This was going to be a long week.
[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 4:53:19 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]

Quite frankly, Enzo didn’t know why Kosei suddenly decided he had this bone to pick. It was a moot point as far as he was concerned–he’d said he was capable of handling himself, that was that. It felt stupid that he had to go to all this effort to prove himself, and maybe he should’ve just shrugged it off when the conversation had initially happened. But, well. Now he was angry about it and he wasn’t about to back off any time soon. It wouldn’t have been any sort of issue if Kosei hadn’t kept running his mouth about it. He was the follower–always had been as far as their connection to one another was concerned. But now apparently, it was in fashion to buck back.[break][break]

And as bossy as Enzo was, he didn’t care for that notion one bit. He was used to running the show, and out here in the wilderness, he was not in his element. Not that he was about to say that or something. He would behave just as he would when he’d had nothing compared to the little he did have now.[break][break]

Enzo bristled, still irritated at the fact that Kosei seemed convinced that he would call uncle before they even arrived. Well, Enzo was not going to give him that satisfaction. He would not whine and mope. Well, ok. He’d mope. But if Kosei thought for even a moment that Enzo was going to stoop to begging for help then he’d be sorely disappointed. “That’s what you think Kiryu. You’ll be weeping in awe by the end of the week.” It was all bluffing and bluster, naturally. Annoyingly. There were no abandoned buildings to hide in out there. No unwanted items in trash cans to dig through. He was expected to fit everything he needed in a tiny backpack. How ridiculous was that? Still, he’d crammed it as full as he could manage.[break][break]

He wasn’t stupid enough to ignore the fisherman’s explanation. Not that he’d be needing an emergency signal over something small, but back up plans were important even if Kosei was a stubborn mule and wouldn’t let him hear the end of it if he said as much. Enzo hauled himself up and slung his bag over his back, scowling at the fanfare of the hand offered to him. “Screw you. As if,” he huffed, making a gesture as if he were about to smack Kosei’s hand away, but at the last minute he dipped and ducked it under his hand–effectively allowing him to reach around and smack the back of his head.[break][break]

His braids flipped over his shoulder as he stepped free of the boat, feet sinking down into the sand. He looked across the stretch of shoreline. "Yeah so where are we going? Chop chop, hound dog."

[break][break]

[newclass=.enzo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 15:22:58 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Enzo seemed to have this magical ability to encourage certain reactions out of him, generally negative. He didn't know anyone more capable of getting under his skin and rubbing him wrong than him. It was either annoying or awe-inspiring. This was an incredibly dumb hill to die on, Kosei was aware of that. He also knew that by reacting this way, he was only making a bigger idiot out of himself. Even when he was trying his hardest to win, he was fixing himself up to lose. Or at least, it ended up feeling like a loss even when he'd arguably won. Now, winning over someone had never been a point of vexation for him before Enzo. So, why now had he chosen to allow someone to bother him so much?
[break][break]
"Weeping? Sure, from how hard I'll be laughing at you. Alright." He rolled his eyes, arms crossed. Already, he was wanting to kill himself for subjecting himself to a week stuck in the same place as this arrogant asshole. Really, what was he thinking? He'd never thought himself into self-torment, but now he was beginning to question his own motive.
[break][break]
He wasn't anticipating the blunt smack to the back of the head and had to resist the urge to throttle the bastard. It had been his own provocation after all. Still, that didn't save him from the irritation he felt steaming off of him. Yeah so where are we going? Chop chop, hound dog. His eyebrows lifted, admittedly in surprise at that. Immediate anger followed swiftly after, as there was nothing more irritating to him than being called a dog. Even if by many pretenses, it was an accurate title. "Oh you're funny, you think I'm going to direct you in this? Uh uh, not happening. It's time to be a big boy and handle your own shit." Pulling his bag up, he hastily walked across the beach in the direction of the treeline. First things first, he needed fresh water and a good place to camp.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 23:44:16 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]

“You say that now, but you’re going to be sorely disappointed, Kosei,” he snapped back, his own arms folding as his head turned away stubbornly. This was the stupidest thing they could’ve subjected themselves to. He couldn’t afford to lose. Not if he was giving up the few amenities he currently had for this.[break][break]

A nasally hmph sound of triumph slipped free as Enzo practically flounced past Kosei after the surprise smack. The other hadn’t been expecting it and it showed. And if he wanted to fight Enzo for it, then he’d oblige. Kosei seemed to be under some sort of impression that just because Enzo had some finer tastes, he was weaker for it. But that was far from the truth. He had lofty goals. Ideas about things. Yet his earlier days within the ranks of Rocket had seen him as no more than a glorified butcher. And whether Kosei realized it or not, Enzo had reveled in the displays of what he could do with some applied brutality.[break][break]

He had simply learned how to control himself. Well, mostly. He wasn’t quite perfect at the notion of poise just yet. He was still working on it. Carving away the bits of himself that made him look more like a feral thing. If Kosei was the trained, orderly hound, then Enzo was the uninhibited wolf.[break][break]

Their earlier lives had been vastly different. There had been no strict routines for the young Enzo–he’d had to survive by his own means. His own methods and tactics and fangs. So while he acted huffy and entitled, there was a cord of steel under the surface. Even when he scoffed and placed a hand on his chest, violet eyes wide with affront. “Who ever said I wasn’t handling my own shit? I can’t believe it–he has so little faith in me because I’ve asked for directions.”[break][break]

But rather than split off in a different direction, Enzo followed. Petulantly so.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 14:49:35 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Kosei wasn’t a stranger to Enzo’s tenacity, if that was the word he could use. The word he required to describe the other’s will was something dirtier, far more brutal and opportunistic. To believe though that they were not hewn from the same cloth though, was idealistic at best and ignorant at worst. Sparking the other man’s ire would only lead to a greater headache so, for now, he remained silent on his bickering retort.
[break][break]
Even if he really wanted to smack the bastard back. He was taking the high ground, for now. Even if he couldn’t exactly take the high ground in a petty situation he definitely started. This whole stupid idea was his and exacerbated by him, so there really was no one else to blame for it. It kind of reminded him of camping with his family, an awful affair where he’d always ended up barely surviving because no one dared help one another. He was bad at playing with others as a result, as proven right then.
[break][break]
Enzo’s own youth was nothing to mock. He knew that even his own shit family was a step above what Enzo had at the same time. It was no laughing matter and to suggest the other couldn’t survive was a lie. However, once again, he was a petty bastard and just because Enzo survived the streets didn’t mean he could make it out in nature on his own without help.
[break][break]
In a way, the luxuries of life had likely made them both somewhat softer than they used to be. It was a depressing thought.
[break][break]
He glanced back to see the other following and quickly hid an eyeroll and a little smirk. What a dumbass.
[break][break]
Kosei found a decently flat place safely located away from the tide and started putting up camp in that location. Night was setting in quickly though and they wouldn’t have much time. Yes, they as he wasn’t going to entirely leave the man to suffer if he couldn’t keep up. Maybe. ”Relax, will you? You’re looking rather miserable, it’s not that bad.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 2:12:46 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]

Enzo just didn’t want to be disregarded. It was what made him the surliest—to think that Kosei knew where he’d come from and continued to believe him incapable or something. Just because the landscape was more natural, it was still outside and Enzo knew how to be crafty if need be. If he’d wanted to walk out into nature, he would have simply had to do it himself.[break][break]

There were no forced family trips for him. No pushes to develop camping survival habits. He didn’t have time for that. He’d been too busy surviving the urban landscape. So maybe it looked different, but it was still survivalism.[break][break]

Despite that, he didn’t want to be left to his own devices. He’d spent the bulk of his life alone, and Kosei had started this, so there was no way Enzo was gonna let him ditch him for independent camping. There was a small kernel of gratitude that Kosei didn’t call him out on it. His pride couldn’t handle the additional knock. Not if Kosei wanted to avoid a whining fit.[break][break]

“I don’t look miserable, puppy,” he grumbled, a bit guilty at being so obvious. Violet eyes slid away sulkily and scanned the tree line. “I think you need your eyes checked.” Enzo’s arms folded, and his foot tapped for a moment before he called out Cassius. The houndour sat beside him, watching Kosei carefully.[break][break]

He wasn’t about to wait to be told what to do. With a click of his tongue he called Cassius to order and began gathering pieces of wood that seemed dry enough to use in a fire. Only pausing to look up when an ominous roll of thunder came from above. Great.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 16:56:07 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

They worked better together than apart, that was proven fact again and again. Even when Kosei refused to allow himself to think he required any assistance in anything. It wasn't healthy to be so opposed to aid, but such were the age-old teaching of his parents. If he couldn't rely on himself, he damn well shouldn't rely on anyone else. It felt like a near obsessive need to prove more so to himself than anyone that he could handle shit himself. He didn't need anyone to order him around or to follow anyone. He could be a leader, just as much as he was a follower, for sure.
[break][break]
Did Enzo deserve to be dragged into it? Well... no, but sometimes life sucked. Cry him a river.
[break][break]
He could sense Enzo moping behind him, likely not wanting to complain about it much more than the grumbled objection that did slip free from pouting lips. Puppy, he cast an irritated expression over the nickname, even if it wasn't exactly one he necessarily minded too much. "Seem pretty sulky to me." He released Onix from his pokeball. The sand sunk beneath the unanticipated weight. He gestured to the trees, which Onix leaned on until the trees bowed over. They let loose the fruit clinging to their limbs and also bended over just enough to make part of a structure.
[break][break]
The sound of thunder did not escape him. He simply stared off in a direction the other wasn't in a cursed to himself. He couldn't have made more certain about the weather beforehand? "Okay time to speed up the process." He let Blue out and also his Gabite. "You, get more wood. You, help create cover." This was totally fine.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 0:06:32 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]

Just the same as Kosei was resistant to the idea of depending on collaboration, Enzo was just as unwilling. He’d been independent for as long as he could recall. To suddenly believe that he needed help or extra hands on some jobs or in some exploits (such as this stupid endeavor,) offended his sense of self. Still…they complimented each other with a strange sort of consonance. It would be…stupid not to capitialize on that. Or so he told himself to settle his irritable pride.[break][break]

He drew the line at being bossed around, though. That was his schtick.[break][break]

“Well, I’m not so you can take your assumptions and shove them elsewhere.” He almost added another ‘puppy’ to the end of it, having not at all missed the little glare he’d received for it. He refrained, though. Oddly. The freed onix blotted out much of the remaining light with the sheer size of it, and as Enzo ambled away with Cassius trailing his shadow, he was definitely grumbling something about show-offs as the large rock snake seemed to complete a few tasks in one fell swoop. Stupid, conjoined rock quarry, that’s what it was. Mutterings to himself as he kicked at loose abandoned shells and picked up sticks.[break][break]

After another rumble of thunder, though, he also picked up his pace. Releasing his sableye, he instructed it to scope out the area for any other potential issues that might try to arise. Gizmo skittered away, dissolving into the growing dark. Then a strike of lightning in the distance illuminated the beach as the light reflected off the water. Enzo slouched and tipped his head back, groaning dramatically.[break][break]

Stomp stomping back to where they’d set up base, Enzo tossed his little bundles of sticks down and began to look for larger rocks to arrange in a containing circle. Very obviously still sulking. “Didn’t you think to check the weather forecast before you signed us up for this thing?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 15:00:35 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

"Shut up, don't say anything." It really was a little late for that now. Considering it had rained without quitting for most of the weekend, he couldn't exactly blame Enzo for his irritation. Onix, being the good rock boy that he was, had curved over them, blocking most of the rain from hitting them or their fire. He patted the rocky pokemon, "Good boy."
[break][break]
Thunder growled. Heavy drops of rain lashed down on the sandy beach. Harsh waves crashed again the shoreline as the storm picked up. Okay, so... he hadn't planned for this. Maybe he should have seen it coming, should have better checked the forecast for what the week looked like. In the end, this really didn't prove much of anything. Besides the fact that eating overly-sour island fruit and getting rained on with almost nothing to do, well it turned out to be a bad idea.
[break][break]
They could still choose to leave, forfeit the money if they wished it. That was about the only real upside in all of this. He looked over at Enzo, feeling a tiny bit guilty for dragging his friend out here for no reason. "I'm sorry, okay?" He whined, "We can leave if you want to."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 20:33:17 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]

His smirk stretched wide. “No way.” He was a little too miserable with all this poor weather to just be quiet and accept it. “This is not an island paradise. Where’s the sun? Where’s my beachside lounging. Poor planning, puppy.” It was all bluster to cover up the dreary, soggy feeling of being caught out in this for days on end. The weekend had been bad enough, let alone making it through a full seven days of this. His dramatic lamenting was warranted. He supposed it was a perk that Kosei had this big dumb rock Pokémon after all…[break][break]

With a forlorn sign, Enzo flopped back, catching himself with the flat of his hands behind him as he slumped–legs stretching out in front of him. Next to him, Cassius attempted to spark the measly fire they’d managed to get going with another bust of ember. The kindling seemed to be too damp to hold up for long, though. What a bust.[break][break]

There was a slight uptick in his mood, though, when Kosei spoke again. His head swiveled in the other’s direction, brows lifting. “Oh? What’s this? Is the hound eating his tail?” The smirk on his face stretched a bit wider at the whine in his voice. “I don’t know, should I forgive you?” he mused, tapping at his bottom lip with a finger as one hand came up to tuck under his chin in a dramatically thoughtful way. Then something a bit somber slipped in his expression. Enzo drew his knees up to his chest as he scooted closer to the fire, one arm sliding around them to hug them closer.[break][break]

His other hand grabbed a rogue still, and he poked at the weak flames to turn over old ashes and keep them warm. “I did actually want that money,” he muttered, not all that keen about admitting to his need for it. But he pretty much always needed money. It came with the territory of living on the streets for most of his life. “This majorly sucks, though.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 14:19:12 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Kosei flopped back in the sand, having barely managed to pick himself up. Depression or lacking motivation wasn't a common affliction for him, though it usually came at the result of some personal failure of his. He didn't like doing things wrong, or messing up. Fuck up. Though, granted, Enzo always seemed so ready to pick out each and every flaw, knowing that it was the quickest way to upsetting him.
[break][break]
"I know, okay? I know." He groaned, pressing his hands against his eyes to blot out the light. Sleeping hadn't been that easy either, even with the rhythm of the thudding rain. At night, pokemon had tested their boundaries and during the day, the heat and humidity brought by the rain hadn't improved things either.
[break][break]
"I don't know," He grumbled, admittedly sulking a little bit. He was used to things not going perfect. That was the problem when the standards were too high, he could never quite reach them. Once again, in a matter of days, he was a stupid kid trying to beat an unwinnable race.
[break][break]
They both needed money, especially Enzo. Granted, Kosei wasn't exactly rolling in it anymore having been stupid enough to leave his fairly wealthy family. This could have easily been easy money, though he was still surprised that Enzo didn't want to call it off. There were easier means, sleazy as they could be, to get some dough. "So what? We stick it out?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 16:24:32 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]

This stupid fire wasn’t any good. Enzo dropped the stick, giving up on his efforts with a forlorn sigh. He scooched closer to Kosei, and then flopped back as well. He’d get sand all through his braids, but he didn’t care at that point. Just stared up at the rocky, makeshift ceiling of the onix.[break][break]

“You take shit way too seriously, pup,” he remarked, head falling to the side to study the other’s profile in the gloomy light. Granted, Enzo didn’t always help with that, liked to rile him up and goad him. Provoke him into conflicts for the fun of seeing what would happen—even more so when Kosei managed to prod Enzo’s irritation right back.[break][break]

And yeah, this situation was majorly annoying.[break][break]

But it wasn’t life or death, either. And Enzo had long learned to recognize the subtle signs of when Kosei was taking something to an unneeded level. He had his hands over his eyes, and Enzo poked at him. “Hey. Chill.” A brusque way of saying it’s not the end of the world. Enzo knew he was a dramatic sort of person, and he’d certainly been acting like it was the end of all things, but that’s just what it was—acting.[break][break]

If anything, he was grateful he didn’t have a set of militaristic parents to make him believe a misstep was an end all, be all. Damn. He tutted, hands lacing and resting on his chest. “I dunno, maybe. How many days we got left?” Enzo would do just about anything for some extra cash to squirrel away. Just sorta seemed like a shame to call it when they had already started.[break][break]

But then again…rain.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
rivalry [m][past]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 15:41:35 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

”No I don’t.” He grumbled, knowing “taking shit too seriously” was like his most prevalent flaw. It had been the thing that forced him to leave the life he’d known. The feeling that every little thing was some grave error and that he was lucky to be forgiven for those faults. That he didn’t deserve anything good unless he worked himself to the bone to get it.
[break][break]
He let his shoulder butt up against Enzo’s. Years ago, the contact would have been excessive for him, yet he had let himself relax on that at least. Maybe it was too comfortable, being around Enzo and allowing himself not to feel immediate frustration and irritation. Enzo poked him then, which he was prone to doing. Kosei grumbled, but made no attempt beyond a little push to get back at him. ”Fine, I’m chill. I am.”
[break][break]
The rain didn’t make it easy to be productive, but it did lend additional time to sleep. Kosei valued sleep, but never respected it. Waking up at the crack of dawn was normal for him, so laying there he felt lazy and useless. ”Two and a half, I think?” Honestly, he’d forgotten, mostly. Rain continued to drip against the chiseled surface of the Onix, which hadn’t seemed to mind.
[break][break]
”So guess we’re sticking to it then?” Knowing Enzo’s love of money, that was almost definite. Without a doubt at this point, he’d end up giving most of his half as retribution for his own stupidity. At some point, he felt himself drift off. It wasn’t exactly a good situation, but they weren’t dead. Maybe just a little miserable and cold.
[break][break]
Too bad Enzo made for a bony pillow.

[break][break]