Novice Cup: New Beginnings!

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 3:31:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]NOVICE CUP

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

TIMELINE: EARLY SEPTEMBER

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/954173861740568646/1018354460436725790/Stardew_Valley_OST_Fall_The_Smell_of_Mushroom.mp3[/player]
[break]
The Smell of Mushrooms - Stardew Valley
[break][break]

THE STAGE IS SET

The Verdenturf Farmland stretches for acres and acres. The loamy soil and fresh air make it the perfect place to try your hand at tilling. In fact, many people already have!
@liza's stage has been erected in the middle of a series of fields! Berries hang from rows and rows of bushes, fruit from trees, and gourds bigger than heads spread over the ground. It's a real Fall bounty![break][break]

A small crowd has gathered- lulled by the promise of a free show and free food. All courtesy of the League Cultural Sponsorship granted by and a donation by POG Bank's owner . has also been kind enough to help today's contestants find sponsors and give tips.[break][break]

"Welcome everyone to a new series of contests... the Novice Cup! I'm Liza Borten and I'll be your host!" The small crowd cheers and claps. When it quiets, she continues. "'New Beginnings' are all around us... and the theme of this Contest! Please, give a warm round of applause for our contestants!"[break][break]

Liza steps off the stage as Round One begins... the Introduction!

ROUND ONE

INTRODUCTION

For this round, post your character introducing themselves and their pokemon! This is your chance to break the ice on your Contest dreams- give the crowd a reason to care about you![break][break]

You may use up to two moves in your post![break][break]

RULES

FOLLOW THEM

Each round you may only post once.[break][break]

Failure to post before the Round's deadline will kick you from the contest.[break][break]

The goal of the Novice Cup is to be short and sweet. Posts may not be over 500 words.[break][break]

SCORING

AND SCORES!

Scoring will be extremely simple. The max score for each round is 5 and the lowest is 1. Whoever has the highest score at the end wins![break][break]

Scoring isn't technical; I will mainly just score based on what I like! I enjoy creativity and when people stick to the theme/prompts![break][break]
- 0[break]
@nikita - 0[break]
- 0[break]
- 0[break][break]

DEADLINE[break]
9/17 11:59 PM EST
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 14:01:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikitapost"]
[attr="class","nikitaposttext"]

[attr="class","nikitapostpkmn"]

Nikita was no stranger to Pokémon contests. When she was a teenager, she often competed in contests with her Ponyta, then later her Rapidash. But over a decade had passed since her last one, and she was no longer a wide-eyed youth. Did she still have it in her? The exuberance and passion to win — no, participate in a contest?[break][break]

She had no choice. She had already signed up, commissioned an outfit, and practiced with Audino.[break][break]

Taking a deep breath, Nikita stepped onto the stage with her Audino. The woman wore a pink-and-white ensemble that was nothing like her usual wardrobe, which matched the colors of the Hearing Pokémon. Both her left leg and arm were white prosthetics. They both strutted to the center of the stage. While Nikita struck a cute pose, Audino used LIFE DEW to throw a spray of water on them both, the droplets catching the stage lights in a shimmering display.[break][break]

"Hello Verdanturf!" Nikita exclaimed, beaming with a smile that hopefully hid her insecurity. Her heartbeat raced with a speed nearing panic. "We're Nikita and Audino, come all the way from Galar to steal your hearts!"[break][break]

She winked and gave a little wave, then turned and walked off the stage so the next contestant could take their turn.

[break]

[attr="class","nikitapostooc"]

POKEMON CONTEST

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.nikitapost]--accent:#69B6BB;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikitapost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
Civilian of dubious means
If you want to be strong, learn to fight alone!
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 1:05:28 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
To say that Asher was nervious would be an understatement. This was going to be his debut contest! He had practiced a routine with Silky the Larvesta, considering the theme was a cute contest. And what's cuter than Silky using Struggle Bug among String Shots, and then using Screech to cry? Nothing! She be baby! His issue is that he hoped the audience and judges would know that it was just an act. The red headed teenager had scrapped something together from old clothes from Rocket members, and with some begging, managed to get an outfit that went along with Silky ready. A red and white outfit. It may be from old clothes, but it went well and it was clean.

Asher was next in line, so he waited for the first person to introduce herself. Boy did it seem like she was a veteran...the way she strutted on up there with confidence and grace. She even struck a pose that even he would consider cute, with Audino using Life Dew to add a bit of shine and glimmer. How was he going to compete with that?! Maybe he should back out now, and do the next one? No, he had to do this! If nothing else but to show his asshole parents and twin brother up one day! After Nikita made her exit, Asher was next.

He strutted on up with Silky on his head instead of his shoulder. After adjusting his tie a little, his cutie of a Pokemon sneezed, sending out string shots in front of him, and on him, making the crowd both awe and chuckle at him. Taking out a clean rag, he cleaned it all up, and made Silky blow her cute little nose into it. After putting it up, the Larvester smiled and waved, loving the attention she was getting from atop her trainer's head. "Hello, I'm Asher, and this here is Silky. It's our first contest run, but we're gonna give it our all, ain't that right, Silky?" The larva Pokemon did her wierd little cute buggy squee confirmation and waved with both her wittle arms. With a hopefully charming smile, he bowed politely, and moved on back for the next one to make their grand entrance.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 1:39:51 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh boy. When Isaac decided to give the contest circuit a shot, he didn't realize he was going to have to aim for cuteness! That was something Isaac wasn't great at. Unless you were , in which case any time he spoke, moved, or made a facial expression he was winning her own personal cute contest. But sadly, the judges weren't just going to be a bunch of clones of Cygne. The technology just wasn't there yet. Shoot.[break][break]

Still, that didn't mean he wasn't going to give it his best shot. A woman with an oddly familiar vibe about her went on first, priming the audience with a cute pose, a cuter outfit, and some Tactical Sparkle. After her, it was Asher. Hey, look at him! He was finally taking on those contests how he wanted to! The fancier routines they'd workshopped didn't really fit here, but he knocked it out of the park with his Larvesta's I'm Baby act.[break][break]

Now it was his turn. Isaac walked out with a bright grin on his face and a casual wave to the audience. "Hey, guys! I'm Isaac, and this right here-" He gestured to the empty space in front of him, only for his eyes to widen in surprise as he noticed he was all alone. "Heyyyyy! I think we're missing someone," he said, putting his hands on his hips in mock frustration.[break][break]

A little Cyndaquill poked his head out from behind the curtain, cutely squeaking in response. "There you are" Isaac said, his smile brightening as he stooped down with his hands on his knees. "C'mon, Hearth! Come out and say hi to the audience!"[break][break]

Another nervous squeak came from the Cyndquill, his head retreating back behind the curtain. And then he tumbled out from behind the curtain, the embers dancing around him the only sign that he had been using a Flame Wheel. He smiled brightly as he rolled to a stop, waving his hands a little for emphasis.[break][break]

Isaac scooped him up in a single, seamless motion, holding him above his head as if crowning the king of the Pridelands. Now the Cyndaquill was full on giggling, waving his arms up and down as he looked towards the audience. The sparks that fluttered away from his Flame Wheel now took back off the ground, floating around him and Isaac like a cloud of fireflies. Was it magic? Or was it just Extrasensory?[break][break]

Once he was done, Isaac set Hearth on the ground, giving him a loving headpat. And then he left the stage, Hearth peeping merrily while toddling after him.[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / CONTEST

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 0:14:52 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt6"]
[attr="class","main"]

Lights fade once the third performance ends, and when they make their triumphant return moment, she is standing in the middle of the stage.
[break][break]
Clad in flowing white and gold, she gently holds the microphone that she gazes down upon. Her expression is calm, a soft smile upon rosy lips, and her platinum hair falls over her shoulders – free. Crowning her head there’s a string of blooms which colours perfectly match those of her attire, and those who pay close attention would perhaps realise that this is indeed no simple floral headpiece: it’s a Comfey.
[break][break]
"The windswept highlands with the [BREAK]sweet fragrance of grass."

[break]
The traditional words of the town are spoken for all of the audience to hear; words many of them would surely recognize. As if in agreement with them, the flowers rise from her hair, carried by the Comfey that draws graceful loops as it flies up in the air.
[break][break]

[break][break]
Energy is released by the Comfey in steady pulses, and all over the stage, blades of grass grow into a luscious carpet. They sway with the breeze created by the small fairy, shining and filled with energy. GRASSY TERRAIN.
[break][break]
Lia smiles at the audience, raising a hand towards her airborne partner:
[break][break]
”I’m Lia, this is Lei, and today we want to show you some of the things we've come to love about Hoenn. It all begins right here.”
[break][break]
Simple, sweet, and full of meaning. Joining the contest had been a spur of the moment decision based on a request from the museum, but Lia is no stranger to showmanship, and she’ll gladly give a great performance when it’s about something she cares for. Hoenn, in this case. Verdanturf, anew.

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT[BREAK][BREAK]
I'm extra and so is Lia [BREAK]
LEI USED GRASSY TERRAIN 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.awt6] --accent: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 1:44:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/954173861740568646/1018354460436725790/Stardew_Valley_OST_Fall_The_Smell_of_Mushroom.mp3[/player]
[break]
[break][break]

THE JUDGES DELIBERATE

The crowd claps and cheers for the contestants and their cute pokemon. The matching fashions gets approving nods from the judges; yet, in the end it is clear that and Hearth have stolen hearts this round. While the judges might not be clones of his beloved , they certainly were impressed![break][break]

The scores for the round are announced as such:[break]
- 4[break]
@nikita - 4[break]
- 3[break]
- 5[break][break]

Liza comes back onto the stage and the crowd stops their whooping. A quick wink and wave is given before she speaks.[break][break]

"Such a strong show from our contestants! I'm eager to see what they can do!" There is a cheer of agreement from the crowd.
"It's time for the performance! Our contestants will be showing off their cutest routines! Are you all ready?"

ROUND TWO

PERFORMANCE

Now if your time for you and your pokemon to shine! Don't hold back and show us what you got![break][break]

RULES

FOLLOW THEM

Failure to post before the Round's deadline will kick you from the contest.[break][break]

The goal of the Novice Cup is to be short and sweet. Posts may not be over 500 words.[break][break]

SCORING

AND SCORES!

Scoring will be extremely simple. The max score for each round is 5 and the lowest is 1. Whoever has the highest score at the end wins![break][break]

Scoring isn't technical; I will mainly just score based on what I like! I enjoy creativity and when people stick to the theme/prompts![break][break]
- 4[break]
@nikita - 4[break]
- 3[break]
- 5[break][break]

DEADLINE[break]
9/24 11:59 PM EST
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 19:11:53 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Wait, wasn't that Isaac?! Maybe he wasn't paying as much attention as he really should have to his competition. Ash had his own Cyndaquil as well, but he hardly had much time with it. So no time to come up with a routine with them, in addition to no real training yet. But gosh darn it the fire type was just so darn coot! Even Silky made a happy noise at him! So it wasn't a surprise that Isaac got the highest score out of the bunch. And sadly, him at hte lowest...but only by a single point.

Now was the difficult part. And he wasn't so sure now if it will be enough...or cute enough. He got the idea when he saw Silky playing with one of her String Shot silk, and making a low hum...like an instrument. It took a bit of ingenuity and help from a few humored Rockets to come up with this, but he rolled out the one prop, some wooden boards on wheels. His Larvesta was already excited, but waited patiently for him to give her the signal. When he did though...she jumped onto one of the boards and started making her instrument using String Shot for the strings. Precise aiming for the colored markings on the boards. After a small test and agonizing silence to make sure she can crawl around...Silky started her song!

Using Struggle Bug to vibrate the strings and make a tune, Silky played "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." With some chuckling and cooing, Silky just continued her song without a care in the world, loving the attention all the while. Once she was done, Silky hopped to the top of the board and waved to applauses. With a bow from Ash, he wheeled the makeshift device away, and hoped it would bring enough of a score in to win...or get second place at least.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 1:27:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Now that was adorable! Isaac and Hearth applauded at Asher's performance, equal parts charming and clever. Good prop usage could make a huge difference in contests like this, turning moves that nobody would ever expect to look cute into performances worthy of an ovation.[break][break]

Isaac made sure to keep that in mind as he strode out onto the stage, waving for Hearth to follow him. This time, the little Cyndaquil was a touch more confident, squeaking happily as he waved towards the crowd. "Alright, Hearth. Just like we talked about," Isaac said. "Lets dazzle 'em!"[break][break]

Hearth closed his eyes and focused, the flame on his back roaring to life. Little stars began shooting from the vents in his back, these Swifts catching fire as they rose into the sky. Most of them petered out, the flame fading and turning into trails of glimmering stardust. However, one of these starbursts had a little too much pepper put in it. It soared up high into the sky, then popped like a miniature starburst.[break][break]

Not expecting this, Hearth squeaked a little in surprise. He dashed behind Isaac's leg, the combination of the startle and his stage fright leaving him shivering. In response, Isaac hunched down to gently scratch him behind the ears. "Hey, hey, hey, it's okay," Isaac assured him. "Not your fault you don't know your own strength, you silly little thing. It's okay, lean into it! I know the crowd's gonna love it." Hearth was so grateful that he snuggled up to Isaac's leg, letting out happy little squeaks all the while.[break][break]

For Halloween costume purposes, Isaac had already looked into what color compounds could safely change the color of a Cyndaquil flame. It turned out that knowledge also came in handy for contest purposes, and there was no time like a tactical snuggle to quickly palm it to the fire mouse.[break][break]

With his confidence emboldened, Hearth toddled back onto stage. He let out a high pitched cry and flexed his flames into a raging Inferno, giving the audience their first look at the brilliant pink and purple flames pouring out from his back. This time, when he shot his Swifts, they turned into a personal fireworks show. Each star was just as colorful as the Cyndaquil's vivid flames, the dazzling array of pinks and purples a feast for the audience's eyes.[break][break]

Hearth looked positively giddy upon seeing what he was capable of. He jumped up and down, clapping excitedly, before remembering his dignity and taking a big bow. As he strode off, Isaac followed, shooting a sheepish grin at the crowd over his shoulder. "Hatchlings. Am I right, guys?" he asked as he exit stage left.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / + @nikita

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 9:50:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Nikita gave her fellow contestants polite claps when the judges announced the scores. She herself was a pleasant mix of shocked and pleased to not be at the bottom of the scoreboard.[break][break]

However, tied at second place was not enough; she wanted to win. She had been bred for competition in one form or another; just because it manifested primarily in the boardroom did not mean she could not pull out all the stops onstage.[break][break]

When it was her turn, she emerged from behind the curtains wearing a different outfit than before, though still pink and white to coordinate with Audino. Nikita's exposed prosthetics matched her skin tone so as not to distract from her clothing.[break][break]

"Today, Audino and I have prepared a little song and dance routine for you," the woman explained to the audience. "We hope you enjoy it!"[break][break]

As this was a Pokémon contest, Audino stood in the spotlight in front of her partner. She curtseyed cutely, then nodded to a sound engineer offstage.[break][break]

Music began to play.[break][break]

[player]https://cdn.wapka.org/006ubf/d888792a8ade0b8daf68cb41e5c6b7b4/girls-generation-the-boys.mp3[/player][break]

Just as they had practiced, Nikita and Audino danced in synchronized choreography, with Audino as the lead and Nikita as her backup. In contrast, while the woman sang the lyrics, the Pokémon's DISARMING VOICE enhanced the melody and her HELPING HAND boosted her trainer's vocal power. Nikita herself was not a professional singer, but she had taken lessons all through childhood, and she put them to good use in that moment.[break][break]

When the song ended, Nikita and Audino struck a cute pose together, held it during any applause, then relaxed and curtseyed at the same time.[break][break]

"Thank you so much!" Nikita exclaimed into her microphone, beaming and flushed with pride, before she and Audino exited the stage.

[break]

POKEMON CONTEST

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.nikitapost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitaposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikitapost .nikitapostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 3:04:02 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt6"]
[attr="class","main"]

The choice to open with GRASSY TERRAIN had been done with purpose, reason, and care. It hadn’t been just about aesthetics or about what fit her performances’ theme: she had centred the introduction performance around it. It had been, above all else, gambling.
[break][break]
Performance after performance, Lia watching carefully, hoping, when @nikita finished her spectacular number, the historian found herself clapping even louder than what she had for the other contestants. Why? Simple enough: no moves used by her opponents had disturbed the lingering effect of the GRASSY TERRAIN.
[break][break]
Now is her chance.
[break][break]
She calmly steps onto the stage, Lei gracefully flying by her side while his string of blooms twists and turns like the ribbon of a rhythmic gymnast.
[break][break]
”Tell me something… Is there anything more enchanting, mesmerising, and adorable than springtime in Hoenn?”

[break]
Cue.
[break][break]

[break][break]
The moment the question rises in the air, flowers begin to bloom all around her: on the ground, on the stage, on the poles, on the lights, and on every tree in the surrounding area. By will of her Comfee, enhanced by GRASSY TERRAIN, FLORAL HEALING marks Verdanturf’s farmlands.
[break][break]
”Let me remind you what Hoennian spring is like!”
[break][break]
Lia raises a hand, Lei flies up around her, and every flower bursts into an explosion of petals that swirl with the movements of the Comfey.
[break][break]
Those watching would find that along with the gorgeous sight and delightful aroma, there’s a refreshing and reinvigorating effect to the performance. Healing. That of Lei’s FLORAL HEALING, enhanced by his natural TRIAGE ability and what little remained of the terrain he had set up previously.
[break][break]
Lia may not know much of contest combinations, but she does know how to make use of her Comfey’s every move so that they perform to the very best effect possible.

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT[BREAK][BREAK]
LEI USED FLORAL HEALING 🌟[break]
(Enhanced by TRIAGE and GRASSY TERRAIN if possible)

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.awt6] --accent: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 1:18:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

[break]
[break][break]

THE JUDGES DELIBERATE

Music rings out while sparks and flowers fly- it was clear already this was going to be a nail biter! Yet, for this round, the tactics of using the last round to her advantage had impressed the judges- good going . Yet, she couldn't rest on her laurels! The makeshift instrument and singing had also endeared and his Larvesta to the judges this round.[break][break]

- 5[break]
@nikita - 4[break]
- 5[break]
- 3[break][break]

This third round would put it all on the line![break][break]

"Everyone is doing so well! The up and coming talent in Hoenn sure is something, right?" Liza turns the mic towards the crowd, who all roar with pride. They're getting more and more worked up the longer they watch! "Just one round left! Who will take home the prize?" Behind the judges, a curtain is opened to reveal the prize - a shiny trophy, an official Contest ribbon, and a year's supply of premium poke-food sponsored by Greater Mauville Holdings ()!

ROUND THREE

END OF SUMMER HARVEST

The third round is a special round![break][break]

For this round, your guiding prompt is: Each trainer has been brought to a different part of the field. You and your pokemon must show off your teamwork by harvesting as many fruits, veggies, and herbs before the time limit! Feel free to be creative and fill the fields with as much flavor as you like!

RULES

FOLLOW THEM

SCORING

AND SCORES!

- 9[break]
@nikita - 8[break]
- 8[break]
- 8[break][break]

DEADLINE[break]
10/09 11:59 PM EST
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 14:25:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

When the contest organizers had informed Nikita that the final round would include harvesting produce from a field, she briefly lamented her choice of Pokémon partner, as a Grass-type like her Grookey would be way more helpful during that challenge than Audino. But she was not allowed to change her choice even if she'd wanted to, so she and Audino had put their heads together for a cute way to accomplish the task.[break][break]

For this round, Nikita opted for a pink garden dress and straw hat, as well as sturdy but chic boots for tromping through the dirt. With a large, stylish basket hanging from the crook of her elbow, Nikita stood next to Audino before the first row of plants on her portion of the field: ears of corn ripe for the harvest.[break][break]

"Come, Audino," the woman said to the Pokémon beside her, her voice full of gentle confidence. "Let's show them that cuteness and efficiency can go hand-in-hand."[break][break]

Audino nodded and proceeded between the first rows of plants, opening her mouth to sing using HYPER VOICE. The cheery tune was less upbeat than her previous song, but it was no less charming. What's more, as she sang, the corn she passed fell from the main stalks, torn away by the power of the move. All Nikita had to do was follow and sweep her basket from side to side, collecting as many ears as she could.[break][break]

The pair moved slowly and methodically through the field so as not to miss any plant. Whenever Nikita seemed to tire, the Hearing Pokémon paused to cast HEAL PULSE, revitalizing her human's energy. Eventually, they made it to the end of the plot, wreathed in the final notes of Audino's song, a wealth of golden grain in their arms.[break][break]

"Thanks for your hard work," Nikita said to her companion with a smile. Then they walked to the judges, dipped into a curtsey, and presented the basket of corn to them.

[break]

POKEMON CONTEST

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 19:27:02 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Ash nearly cried at the display of their scores. He couldn't help but nuzzle Silky for her stellar performance. But there was still one more round. The group was taken to their own separate fields of fruit trees, corn stalks, vegetables, and more. It was...surprisingly vast. And the goal was stated. Well...Larvesta was a fire type, and that would just set everything ablaze. String Shot maybe...especially to get around quickly. But something to loosen the stems...Bug Buzz! Picking up the basket, Ash whispered the plan to Silky. Whose eyes shown brightly and nodded enhusiastically.

Once the signal was given, Ash yeeted Silky towards the top of a fruit tree. The little bug used String Shot to latch onto the tree. And thus she swung with a cute squee as Ash ran towards it. Thankfully, he was fairly athletic, so this was a breeze. Upon landing onto the tree, Silky shook herself a little, then let off a strong Bug Buzz that filled the canapy of the tree. Soon enough, fruit started to drop off. The red head hurriedly tried to catch as many as he could, and pick up the few that he didn't catch. Once there wasn't any more fruit left to pick, the Larvesta used string shot again to swing to a different tree. It was partially hilarious.

Ash was sure they probably missed a couple still on the tree, but might as well continue on. After the fourth tree, they decided to hit some of the bushes. Berries it looked like. They only got a single bush before the basket was full. Apples, grapefruit, and banana like fruit was most of it, but also some blueberries were there too. Silky had used String Shot to get to his shoulder, and there she stayed. Grinning ear to ear, he presented his own batch to the judges.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 0:31:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was practically a dead heat as everyone moved into the last round of the contest. And then, instead of a third show of adorable precociousness, they were taken to a field and dropped into a physical challenge. Huh. Trees, bushes, and planted rows of vegetables stretched for as far as the eye could see. Isaac looked at Hearth, planning how he would scheme out this harvest. And then he turned to the crowd, flashing them a confident smile.[break][break]

"Let's roll!"[break][break]

That was Hearth's cue. The Cyndquil curled into a little ball, revved up a few times for momentum, and then Rolled Out towards the tree closest to Isaac. Isaac gleefully obliged, stepping out of Hearth's way and ushering him onwards with a little flourish. The Cyndaquil bumped right into the tree, a shower of apples tumbling into the air. It twirled on the way down, Isaac leaning to catch each and every piece that he could inside of his bucket.[break][break]

Rather than lose his momentum, Hearth simply bounced off of the tree and revved some more. A rollout only got stronger the more it was used, a point Hearth demonstrated by blazing past a patch of root vegetables. As he balanced on the precarious mound of dirt between growths, his body glowed a light lilac, his Extrasensory allowing him to pluck the vegetables from the ground in his wake. They followed him like a gaggle of baby ducks, even as he trailed a great, sweeping arc across the field.[break][break]

Isaac stood with his basket at the ready; the next time Hearth passed, he held it out to catch a medley of potatoes, carrots, beets, and onions. He presented his haul to the audience with a flourish, only to hold up a single finger. They weren't done yet![break][break]

The berry bushes were Hearth's final target. By now, his Rollout was as fast as it could ever get, and he looked like a tornado of mystic force and flickering flame as he rolled circles around a bush of blackberries. The Extrasensory was almost like a funnel now, a tornado of freshly-plucked berries twirling over the bush.[break][break]

One last, sweeping circle left a root in Hearth's path, the bump sending Hearth tumbling into the air. He uncurled from his ball and waved to the audience, all as the blackberries swirled around him like a planet's rings. From there, he pointed down at Isaac, sending a flood of berries into the basket until it was practically overflowing.[break][break]

Satisfied, Isaac set the basket down to catch one last thing; Hearth. He caught the Cyndaquil in his arms, giving the giggling fire-type a little spin. He then held him to the crowd, their smiles radiant. "Thank you! You've all been a terrific audience!" he said, setting the Cyndaquil down so the two could take a little bow.[break][break]

And that was the curtain call on Isaac's first contest.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @liza @nikita

[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 15:56:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

[break]
[break][break]

THE JUDGES DELIBERATE

The contestants don't qualm at the strange choice of 3rd round. Poor has to drop out due to a sudden illness. She will at least receive a small participation prize!
That leaves three remaining.... At the end, baskets and bushels are filled. They're brought onto the stage to show the hard earned progress. Liza stands in the middle and it's quiet. All waiting on the judge's scores...[break][break]

- 0[break]
@nikita - 4[break]
- 4[break]
- 5[break][break]

"The winner is !" Liza calls out when the scores are updated. The crowd cheers and Liza takes a cornicopia bouquet filled with the fall harvest and offers to the blond. Attached is the a cute pink ribbon for this contest![break][break]

"This one was a real nail biter! But don't feel too bad for our other contestants! They're all going to receive a month's worth of pokefood- provided by GMH! Isn't that sweet?" Liza smiles and does a little promotional pose for the sponsors. "Join us next time.... for some Haunted Hijinks! See you all!"

SCORING

AND SCORES!

- 9[break]
@nikita - 12[break]
- 12[break]
- 13[break][break]