he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
candace [m]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 15:16:39 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
like the first time he was here, he takes up tam's office time. this time, he wasn't as nervous given the rapport he's built up with the captain.

the same sequence of events happen: jake knocks on the door, tam lets him in, he enters carefully and then gets greeted by his yamper, he's been told to take a seat, and then he lets gets distracted by all the art projects that decorate his room.

he manages to reel himself back in to the topic at hand.

"um, i know this is sudden, but..."

jake starts to stray away from direct eye contact. his palms sweat as he grasp his knees from his seat, unsure on how the protocol for these work.

"d-do you think we can expedite the training period? i've only been here for a while b-but i heard there was a shortage of personnel around the region and..."

he starts grasping at straws instead of going straight to the point.

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
candace [m]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 14:43:04 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

In the unremarkable office of Slateport’s ranger captain, this makes for an unremarkable meeting. Or, well, that’s what it had been supposed to be, at least. It’s what Tam had expected it to be; a discussion concerning ’s progress and not much more. But, apparently, the cadet has different plans for them both.
[break][break]
”Hm?” Sky blue eyes look up from the notes he had been taking for the sake of meeting Jake’s gaze, and even though Tam is rarely the sort of person who cares for trying to understand why other people do the things they do, it’s Jake’s words that lead him to make an attempt.
[break][break]
Is he feeling impatient? Is he really worried for Hoenn and wanting to help more? Is he just bored?
[break][break]
Sometimes, Jake reminds him too much of what he was like back when he was barely more than a teenager, and considering his own track record, that much is concerning.
[break][break]
”You want to spend more time on the field?”
[break][break]
He’s bored. That’s probably it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Commitment: Act III 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

jake
he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
candace [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 19:03:30 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
eyes widen. he points a finger at tam as he hears his conclusion from his mumbling. it makes things easier since he can verbalize his thoughts much better than him, who skirted around it in lieu of being direct.

"yes! that's it!"

he shifts on his seat until he returns to his previous position.

"training's cool and all, but i'm wondering if it's possible to get myself out there involved with what the region is currently facing. if there's more needed from me, i willing to show what else i can give."

time was a resource, and someone as giddy as jake wasn't going to let it go to waste.

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
candace [m]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 9:11:33 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tam is good at saying exactly what he thinks, and it turns out that when it comes to that, he and Jake are kind of opposite. This does not occur to the stoic captain, however. He just takes things for what they are, simple as that.
[break][break]
”Sure.” He doesn’t hesitate when giving his response; a single word delivered in a manner both assertive and calm. ”We need all hands on deck with everything that’s been going anyway, and you’ve done most of your training already.”
[break][break]
When Jake had thought of Hoenn as desperate, he had been right, but there’s no desperation in Tam himself. The captain is just viewing things in the most objective manner possible: they need people to guard primal points, help evacuate civilians, and all of that, which shouldn’t be a problem for a new cadet. It’s not like he’s sending him to fight a rampaging legendary pokémon or something, but even if he were, Jake knows what he signed up for.
[break][break]
”Do you have anything in mind?”
[break][break]
Might as well ask about his expectations, right?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Commitment: Act III 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

jake
he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
candace [m]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 11:15:48 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
he finds it uneasy, but eventually, he finds the clarity to say exactly what needs to be said.

"i'm thinking more like a free ranger. without any connection to any of the ranger bases."

slateport was nice and all. the city has everything that someone can ask for, major establishments are present in this one place, and most importantly, the people were all nice.

"i don't want to be tied down to one place when the going gets tough. i know it's not exactly how the job description works, but i don't like having to prioritize one place over another."

it's the implication of being stationed to one place.

every ranger base can still send their people to whichever part of hoenn needs help, but attachment still plays a part in their decisions. jake doesn't want to be hindered by it.

"i want to be a first responder when things go south, not the backup."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights