wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
botanist / petalburg capt.
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
ripple effect [m]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 19:43:48 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]

Wren had always loved the water.[break][break]

In the short amount of time he’s been staying in Evergrande, he’s found that the area accommodates that preference quite nicely. The water surrounding the city was warm and comfortable, and it felt natural for him to work on catering to the environment and pokemon within the area. In short, he was well suited for the terrain. Even the more difficult areas proved to be a nice challenge.[break][break]

Maybe he’d actually toughen up for once.[break][break]

For today, though, and maybe for a few days in all actuality, he got to stay seaside. He should’ve probably just waited in the boat (which was tethered to a small dock,) for the addition to his assigned task but it was just too warm and nice out. And he couldn’t just leave his pokemon to wait for a dip in the water. So he’d released both his psyduck and poliwhirl, then hopped in water with them.[break][break]

Juno, to her credit, chose to wait in the boat. Curled up and napping on Wren’s rumpled up towel.[break][break]

To his understanding, the ranger joining him today was a newer recruit like him–pulled in from elsewhere to get a better feel for water-based excursions. This suited Wren fine. And maybe it was a little bit of a relief too. This way he’d maybe feel a little less self-conscious like he tended to be around the more experienced rangers he’d met since joining on.[break][break]

And they got to work with the corsola migration, how cool was that??[break][break]

He was floating in the water when he spied a figure approaching down the dock. His hand shot up out of the water to cup around his mouth as he shook excess droplets from his hair and called out. “Hi!! Are you Kieran?”
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.wren]font:11px roboto;--accent:#e0a8a8;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wren b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.wren ]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

kier
he/him
June 3
viridian city, kanto
hopeless romantic
ranger
cadet
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
68 posts
Kieran Roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kieran
Kieran Roth
ripple effect [m]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 14:37:05 GMT
Kieran Roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kier"]

He might have slept in, a little. Not on purpose. It wasn't like this wasn't important. Kieran just wasn't used to operating without Calla throwing him out of bed in the morning. Though he was actually not too late, considering his bad sense of time. Despite the lateness, he was excited to be doing this job. Corsola were so cute and it was nice to get to see the water for once in so long. He'd been so busy training lately that he hadn't considered traveling too far out of slateport. There was so much going on in the city that he hadn't anticipated getting sent out, but it was good training for him.
[break][break]
It was also, admittedly, nice to be working with another new guy (or at least that was what he was told). , that was his name right? Gosh, what if he got it wrong and insulted him? By the time he made it to the docks, he wasn't entirely certain anymore. He was also out of breath. Maybe he needed to do more running.
[break][break]
He looked up at the voice, beaming and waving. "Yeah, that's me." Siv slivered up behind him, apparently loathing the rush they'd made there. "You're... Wren, right?" He prayed that was right. Why was he so bad at names?
[break][break]
He noted the three pokemon already there. "Oh, you're pokemon are so cute!"
[break][break]

[newclass=.kier]font:11px roboto;--accent:#18B9AF;[/newclass]

[newclass=.kier b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kier i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kier a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.kier .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kier .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kier .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.kier .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kier .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.kier ]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kier .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
ripple effect [m]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 1:51:51 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]

Wren hadn’t even really considered or realized that Kieran was technically late. He was too busy enjoying treading water and making sure that his pokemon were settled and prepared for their leg of the migration. The corsola herd had come so far already, so ensuring that they made through that last bit of their migratory route to their destination was super important. It wouldn’t do them any good to be caught up by hunting pokemon when they were so close! And the last thing Wren wanted was for the group of them to scatter, either.[break][break]

He didn’t have to worry about waiting, though, because the stranger proved to be , and that was exactly who he’d been told to look for. “Yep! That’s me! Hope it wasn’t too difficult to find–” His attention drifted away, ever an easy feat.[break][break]

The school was nearby, he knew that much–particularly when a smaller one seemed to have strayed closer to the docked boat. It bumped into his arm, and Wren twisted in the water. “Oop, you better go back that way,” he said as he tried to navigate it into turning. “Grover, herd it back?” The poliwhirl floated closer, better able to communicate the message, and circling it gently until it was no longer at risk of getting caught up by the boat motor when it was eventually started up.[break][break]

“Sorry! Got distracted.” Wren let out a sheepish laugh, paddling closer to the dock so he could pull himself up the old wooden ladder. “Thanks!” He beamed–his roster wasn’t all that big yet, but he was proud of the pokemon he did have. “That’s Juno, and that’s Winston.” He pointed at the eevee in the boat and then his psyduck. “The poliwhirl is Grover; your serperior is so regal! I’m super excited for this project- corsola are so cool. Ah- sorry, I ramble a lot.”

[break][break]

[newclass=.wren .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

kier
he/him
June 3
viridian city, kanto
hopeless romantic
ranger
cadet
awards
68 posts
Kieran Roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kieran
Kieran Roth
ripple effect [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 15:51:14 GMT
Kieran Roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kier"]

Wren seemed to have a lot of good energy, which Kieran appreciated. Often times, he felt like he was too much or was draining to be around. He didn't really have an off-switch, but still felt bad if others felt overwhelmed by him. He watched with a smile as the corsola was turned back around and sent on its way. The task sounded exciting, to say the least, maybe not like big exciting, but cute exciting...
[break][break]
"Oh that's funny, I have a bulbasaur named Wilson." He plopped his stuff into the boat, which admittedly was not much stuff. Maybe he was ill-prepared for the task, but they hadn't really told him what he'd even need on it. He made do with a few snacks (a few meaning a lot) and some first aid stuff if need be, though he hoped it wouldn't be necessary. "Juno, Winston, Grover — nice to meet you all. This is Siv, she's here to keep me out of trouble."
[break][break]
He was rather proud of the fact he had yet to trip or fall once, as he plopped down into the boat which swayed a little dangerously. "Oh, don't apologize. I'm glad I'm not the only one. My sister says I talk too much, guess she's not wrong... Anyways, ready to go?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.kier .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kier .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kier .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kier .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.kier .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
ripple effect [m]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 16:17:06 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]

He could already tell he liked Kieran. His enthusiasm seemed to match Wren’s, and that meant there probably wouldn’t be any awkward lulls between them. Or he hoped not. It had been the same when he’d come to Evergrande and met , who was also very outgoing and energetic. The similarities did well to make Wren feel as though he’d made the right choice in becoming a cadet out here. Even with the slight strain caused between him and Levy.[break][break]

“Really? That’s so funny! I have a bulbasaur too, actually! But her name is Sprout.” He looked to the introduced serperior, wide eyed and curious. “I’ve never actually seen a serperior before. Hello Siv!” Wren heaved a dramatic sigh of relief, and motioned a hand wiping across his forehead. “Oh, phew! Me too. I could go on and on if someone let me. You have a sister? I have some siblings too!” Case in point.[break][break]

Wren paddled through the water alongside the little motorboat. Winston followed and Wren awkwardly gathered him into his arms before pushing him up over the side. It was a little touch and go because Winston was not the most coordinated psyduck in the world, but they got it, eventually. Wren followed, hoisting himself up a little rope ladder that he’d dropped over the side.[break][break]

“Let’s get to it! Grover’s already herding one of the corsola back to the group, so I think he’s okay to stay in the water for now. He can keep up!” No shade to Winston, but Grover was way faster in the water despite having the same kinda rotund build. Wren pulled the ladder up and then moved to sit on one of the benches. Juno, curious as ever, had freed up his towel to go and sniff at Siv. So Wren grabbed it up and toweled his hair, then draped it over his shoulders. It was warm enough to air dry.[break][break]

“You ever done anything like this before?” he asked casually as he tugged at the motor cord and the boat sputtered to life.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

kier
he/him
June 3
viridian city, kanto
hopeless romantic
ranger
cadet
awards
68 posts
Kieran Roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kieran
Kieran Roth
ripple effect [m]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 15:00:10 GMT
Kieran Roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kier"]

"Sprout is such an adorable name!"
[break][break]
Siv gave a very sophisticate nod at the hello, but her attempt to seem refined was somewhat ruined by the blep of her tongue and then almost slipping down through a gap in the planks. Kieran picked her up, put her around his neck so that she could securely settle into the boat. She was always far heavier than he anticipated by experience had allowed him to prepare for the additional weight. "I think that was her way of saying hello."
[break][break]
Kieran watched as Wren paddled back towards the boat, shifting to the opposite side to act as a counter-weight as Wren pulled himself up. "Oh yeah, a twin sister actually. She's always been kind of my keeper so I usually expect her to nit-pick me a little." Now that he said it, he felt like it could be misconstrued. "Not that I dislike it, I kinda need it I guess." He laughed, a little lost in thought. Granted, he'd become less appreciative of his sister's nagging over time. Considering they were still the same age regardless of a few minutes difference.
[break][break]
"Adventure awaits," He announced, looking ahead. Maybe he was a bit of nerd to be so easily thrilled by something so simple. Meanwhile, Siv regarded the eevee, tongue flicking out to dart at the vulpine's nose. "I think she likes her." There was really no telling with Siv, she kept her thoughts pretty secure.
[break][break]
"Not really, more small rescues. I'm pretty new in the Slateport Rangers. Might help if I had more water-types, but Siv is a pretty good herder with her vines."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
ripple effect [m]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 3:39:31 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]

“Thanks! It just seemed to fit her so perfectly, I couldn’t resist!”[break][break]

This was a good sign, right? It was easy to talk to Kieran. Like, soooo super easy. Usually, he wondered if others were really able to keep up with him all that much. But it would be nice to have a friend among the rangers that wasn’t just his captain. As much as Ollie didn’t seem to mind his presence, Wren didn’t really want to annoy the older man, either. “Siv is very polite,” he remarked, grinning as her tongue poked out at him.[break][break]

“Oh, wow! I always wondered what it was like to have a twin. Does she do that a lot? Nitpick you, I mean.” Wren was sort of used to it too. His eldest sibling was always fretting over him, clumsy as he was. Luckily, though, they had a third, younger sibling to serve as distraction too. “I get that.” he shrugged, unbothered. Usually it was Levy who kept him on track–the thought immediately made his shoulders want to slump, but he shook it off. He spent all of his downtime missing him, but these were work hours! Plus, he didn't want Kieran to think he’d done or said something to upset him, because that totally wasn’t the case, no way.[break][break]

Wren’s head nodded eagerly, “Yep! You ever ridden in a boat like this before?” Once the water was clear of corsola and his own pokemon, Wren pulled the ripcord on the motor until the little boat sputtered to life. “I agree,” he said with a laugh, “looks like they’ll be fast friends.” Juno’s snout wrinkled at the flick of the serpent’s tongue, then sneezed as if the touch tickled.[break][break]

“Oh, well. I’m pretty new at this too! I guess I’ve just done more with water since this is…well, an island. And also because I’ve mostly got water-types.” His eyes brightened with sudden thought. “Hey! Maybe we could go collect some for you sometime! It’d be good practice.” His own nose wrinkled, and he flexed an arm as his other hand came to rest on it. “Teamwork makes the dream work!”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

kier
he/him
June 3
viridian city, kanto
hopeless romantic
ranger
cadet
awards
68 posts
Kieran Roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kieran
Kieran Roth
ripple effect [m]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 17:22:36 GMT
Kieran Roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kier"]

“Yeah she uh… haha acts like I’m gonna break.” Talking about his twin was either a good thing or not, rarely was there anywhere in-between when it came to reflecting on his relationship with Calla. The only messy parts of it were the parts he created for them. The truth was that he adored his sister and looked up to her.
[break][break]
She was his best friend, and yet at the same time, it was complicated. She was also his greatest enemy, in her own way. That wasn’t a particularly kind way of looking at it and he hated not being perceived as kind, but the truth wasn’t always pretty (no matter how much he wished it was). “Of course, I can’t blame her. I’m a bit bumbling and dumb at times.”
[break][break]
He stared down into the crystal clear water, distorted only by the rumble of the engine as they started moving. “Yeah.. A couple, some much bigger. Had to, to get out of Kanto.” He laughed as Siv jumped as a result of the sneeze.
[break][break]
"Oh I’d love that!” He had been in need of a partner to look for pokemon with. “Okay, let’s help these corsola.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
ripple effect [m]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 0:55:14 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]

“Aw, I can understand that, sorta.” Even his younger sibling could be the same way. But that was because Wren had fully proven his clumsiness countless times. That never meant that he adored his family any less, even if they coddled him. He was doing alright for himself now, after all![break][break]

Still, this wasn’t about him, was it? It sounded like a complicated thing between Kieran and his sister. Maybe it was super like that for twins–amplified by their shared connections. He shrugged, unbothered. “There’s nothing wrong with that. I’m the same way. You’ll get there, though!” His nose wrinkled as he gave the other young ranger a big thumbs up.[break][break]

Wren stilled slightly, eyes shifting over toward Kieran, though he didn’t try to make things awkward or anything. “Oh. I’m sorry you had to deal with that.” Even he’d been aware of what had happened in Kanto those few years back, as a teenager. It was kind of hard not to know about it.[break][break]

He wasn’t trying to dismiss the somber subject, but Wren was quick to latch onto the positive shift in the conversation. “Awesome! I know lots of cool spots.” He scanned the water as his poliwhirl and psyduck followed, rounding around either side of the corsola herd to keep them contained. “Just gotta look out for predators..”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

kier
he/him
June 3
viridian city, kanto
hopeless romantic
ranger
cadet
awards
68 posts
Kieran Roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kieran
Kieran Roth
ripple effect [m]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 16:52:46 GMT
Kieran Roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kier"]

Kier felt a little guilty at that, like maybe he was talking too much about his problems. Maybe his energy was too sour for a first encounter. He actually really liked Wren, their energies mixed really well and they seemed to be very much alike. Even if the other was simply being kind for his benefit, it was still the thought that counted.
[break][break]
The last thing he wanted to do was scare the other ranger off because he had some mixed feelings about his life as of lately. Things would clear up eventually, they always did. He loved his sister, even if she had a knack for interfering in his life where he didn't want her. She just cared about him. They were all they had, in the end.
[break][break]
"Yeah it was... well it's in the past, everything is better now though!" Maybe his positivity was somewhat fake in some regards, but it felt like a necessary thing. He hated the very idea of being seen as a negative person.
[break][break]
"Hear that, Siv? Keep and eye out." The lengthy snake angled up above the water, scanning it with the flick of her tongue. So far, so good.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ripple effect [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 5:05:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGERS)