hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us. these, our bodies, possessed by light.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
nightmare on hawthorne street [s]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 18:53:41 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

It was only after he was certain that he could tell Hugo’s breathing had evened out into a slumbered pace that Hazel had slipped out of bed, well past midnight. He’d catch flack for it, he was sure. After all, it was a violation of the strict no work at home order they had in place—even if they were past the point of their off the clock interaction.[break][break]

But the key point here was that Hazel wouldn’t be caught.[break][break]

He just couldn’t leave it alone. He’d been on the cusp of something so fascinating when he’d had to halt his studies earlier. And all through the evening, even as he tried to be fully in the moment and rest, his mind kept wandering back to the potential of conduits. What might be possible. How favorable this would befor him if he found something worthy of presenting to his superiors at the Rocket headquarters.[break][break]

Hugo would argue that getting sleep was important, not just because it was a necessary evil that Hazel hated having to subject himself to, but because Hazel himself needed it. Maybe more than the average person. Certainly, he felt exhaustion cling heavy to his bones as he sat at his desk with no light save for the tiny desk lamp that didn’t cast enough glow to give him away. There was a cup of coffee he’d brewed to keep him peppy but it sat long gone cold and forgotten as he poured through his notes.[break][break]

It was frustrating, being weaker than others. That one night of little sleep could set him back so much. But that’s what he was doing this for, after all. To get better. To be more than better.[break][break]

Surely, his partner could empathize with that. But Hazel still didn’t want the lecture it might bring. No matter his wants, though, his attention was too absorbed. So much so that he did not notice his espeon, Nico, slipping away to pad back to their bedroom. Hopping up on the bed to paw Hugo in the face, and effectively tattle on Hazel’s infraction.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] | :3c [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-espeon"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".haze"]--accent:#b0a7db; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote b, .haze blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .haze blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .haze blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .haze .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .haze .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
deep into that darkness peering, wondering, fearing, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 2:23:53 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

Hugo didn't count himself amongst the naive population, but he really should have known better. "Hazel, leave it, please?" Had really not been enough, had it? Of course, he knew it was different for him. Work was over when work was over. For Hazel, work was never over. It was all up in that pretty head of his, swimming around as relentless as swarming sharpedo.
[break][break]
There were occasions he knew better than to chide the other man, knowing fully well when the other was invested enough to start a fight over it. Usually, Hugo backed off pretty steadily, but there were other occasions (like tonight) where he was more adamant about the household rule of no work at home.
[break][break]
He was in the midst of a rather deep sleep, entirely unaware of the vacancy beside him. That was, until a certain needy pokemon decided to attempt smothering him in his sleep. He nearly shoved the damn thing off the bed and returned to sleep, but then his arm swept over the clearly vacant and cold side of the bed that belonged to his husband.
[break][break]
Seriously? Rubbing the sleep from his eyes as Nico rubbed against his side, he could just make out the dim glow of a light. He had half the mind to grumble, promptly shut and lock the door, before returning to bed. It wouldn't be the first time. Instead, with a sigh, he slipped up and out of the bed. Then moved towards the light. His hair was in its usual state of bedhead, and he didn't bother to search out a shirt.
[break][break]
Rather then nag him, as he desperately wished to, he would at least try to make work less appealing. His hands slipped forward, over narrow shoulders and a slight chest. He leaned over the other, pressing kisses to the soft skin just past the sharp angle of his jaw. "What work were you hoping to get done past two a.m., hmm?" If this failed to prove more appealing to the other over his work, he was going back to bed and locking the door.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[newclass=".hugo"]--accent:#6D2984; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haugo blockquote b, .haze blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .haze blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .haze blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .haze .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .haze .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us. these, our bodies, possessed by light.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 2:28:13 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

The door eased open, and Hazel only dimly acknowledged the creak of its hinges. He didn’t react until touch fell over his shoulders, sliding further with every passing second. Initially, he tensed, curling inward on himself in surprise before his body slumped back against Hugo with a stubborn, but relenting whine. “Looks like I’ve been caught,” he murmured, though he didn’t sound nearly as irritated by that fact as he might’ve been earlier.[break][break]

Lips drifted over his skin, and Hazel sighed quietly as his head lolled to the side. It wasn’t until his eyes fell shut that he realized how sore they were from squinting at his notes as he read them again and again for any sort of context clue he might’ve missed before. Tired, he was tired. But he couldn’t just leave it be.[break][break]

In his mind, there was too much at stake.[break][break]

Now that he’d been found out, though, Hazel couldn’t find in himself to grow angry with being halted. “I just wanted to go over everything a few more times,” he replied, limp and eyes still shut. His hands slipped away from his notepad littered with nearly incomprehensible shorthand. They snaked up to where Hugo’s rested against his chest to curl around them. His thumbs rubbed back and forth over knuckles, soft and slow.[break][break]

Now the flutter of guilt stirred in his stomach. Still— “My mind wouldn’t quiet down, I couldn’t sleep until I did.” It wasn’t the first time he’d used the excuse, but it wasn’t untrue. He would’ve tossed back and forth, only stilled if he’d woken Hugo to soothe him, and Hazel hadn’t wanted to do that.[break][break]

Only, he’d still managed to. Hazel tipped to the side enough to twist slightly in the drapery of his husband’s arms so that he could find Hugo’s mouth with his own. Heavy with exhaustion. It clung to him as much as the other did—dark crescent moons hung under his eyes, drooped his eyelids and loosened the rigidity he typically held himself with.[break][break]

Retreating a fraction, Hazel eyed Hugo with a dreary sort of tenderness that belied the fact that tonight, at least, he wouldn’t be exceptionally resistant. One hand lifted to brush through downy silver hair. “Sorry I woke you, darling.”

[break][break]

[newclass=".haze"]--accent:#b0a7db; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote b, .haze blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .haze blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .haze blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .haze .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .haze .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
deep into that darkness peering, wondering, fearing, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 13:16:58 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Never were too good at hiding." Not from him anyways. He hummed a little measure of personal amusement as he lazily settled against the other, leaning some of his weight, though far from his entirety. He was well aware of Hazel's obsession and his reasons for that obsession. [break][break]Hazel was never without his reasons and Hugo would never blame him for them. He'd be lying to say it wasn't a nagging thought in his head, a sense of powerlessness to help him. He wasn't a scientist no matter how much he pretended to be scholastic or visionary.
[break][break]
"I know," He said with a sigh, choosing not to berate him. It would be too easy to pick a fight with him over petty bitterness. Truthfully, he wasn't bitter about this. Far from it. Even if it could be a little tiresome. "I doubt though that there is much you can do in your exhaustion, you know."
[break][break]
It was probably better for the other man to try to work something out rather than sit tossing and turning in bed. "You know you can always talk to me right?" He raised an eyebrow, knowing Hazel wouldn't enjoy the idea of dragging his husband into his supposed "problems" but still he liked being relied on from time to time.
[break][break]
"Oh you didn't, it was that annoying creature of yours." He said eyeing the pokemon that had so rudely woken him up. Though now that he was up he could at least help. "How about I distract you instead?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".hugo"]--accent:#6D2984; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haugo blockquote b, .haze blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .haze blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .haze blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .haze .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .haze .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 13:34:37 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

“As far as you know,” he grumbled back, though it was no more than a halfhearted joke. Hazel knew full well how good Hugo was at figuring him out. And honestly, if his husband had been unable to do so, then maybe that would call into question some aspects of their relationship. Hazel knew the other just as thoroughly–learning how to find him out had been something he’d done quickly. Granted, Hugo wasn’t the one who snuck out of bed to do late night work because he couldn’t leave it at the office.[break][break]

Most days, Hazel felt like he was built with the tenuous fragility of too thin glass. Too much pressure and he might fragment and crack. But the weight Hugo leaned on him was comforting in its contained heft. Solid and stable, pulling him back from the edge of becoming all consumed by the studying he couldn’t seem to leave alone. “Still…I had to try. Tired or not.” It was appreciated that his partner didn’t scold or reprimand him. Because no matter the means he went to in order to further his studies, it was for something. Ultimately selfish, maybe. But also out of a drive to not leave Hugo alone.[break][break]

At least that silent understanding still existed.[break][break]

His head turned inward toward Hugo’s neck, forehead pressing against the curve of his jaw. Another soft sigh shuddered from his lungs, and any lingering tension in his frame sagged away entirely. “I know I can,” he murmured, eyes fluttered shut as he sought out the warmth radiating from the other. “I didn’t want to wake you up. Your days are just as long.”[break][break]

It was true, but also slight avoidance. There was just so much he didn’t want to put on his partner. “Nico likes to tattle. Or maybe he just wanted to make some biscuits.” Hazel yawned then, and he knew his work was not continuing. Not tonight. Maybe not tomorrow, with how mentally worn out he felt on top of physically. Still, a smile graced his lips. “And how will you do that, love?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 14:39:58 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

Hugo had a pretty strict separation between work and home. Mostly, because he knew that if either of them wished it, they could so easily become swallowed up with things that didn't matter. He also noted they and not just Hazel, because it wasn't like he didn't get wrapped up in things. There had been artifacts he'd been annoyingly invested in obtaining or trades he'd been forced to counsel over. His job was as tumultuous as stocks or gambling, so it wasn't like he couldn't understand his husband's stress.
[break][break]
Though in Hazel's case, it was more personal. It was about his health and Hugo didn't like realizing that they could so easily be pulled in two different direction at the drop of a hat. It was good if Hazel was invested in things that could save him, but even more so there was always the threat that such determination could prove harmful. Hazel was tenacious and stubborn, more than Hugo ever could be.
[break][break]
"If I wish to do my job or not, that's my decision." Even if the risk of pissing off powerful people wasn't his prerogative. There was very little he wouldn't do for his husband. To hell with the rest of it. Hugo planted on last kiss on his neck before stretching. "Well... it is spooky season and I was watching a pretty spooky movie. They always put me back to sleep. Wanna join me? If I get scared, you can comfort me."
[break][break]
Out of the two of them, as a collector of things that both were and looked haunted, Hugo was in no threat of being scared. Plus the movie that he was thinking about was a chill spook. The scares were spaced about between long periods of nothing where they faked anticipation before dropping a jump scare. Ideal sleeping movie.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 20:31:30 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

“I know it is,” he huffed in quiet resignation, a slight whine twisting the ends of his words. By then he’d given up on returning to work entirely. A pair of reading glasses had been nested in the messy tangles of his hair, which was hastily tied back in a loop bun. Though a lot of it had fallen loose in the time since he’d first sat down at his desk. He pulled the spectacles free and dropped them on his now closed journal. Subject closed for discussion or debate. No more work.[break][break]

A fond smile settled on his face at the little peck against his neck, and he wouldn’t have really minded a continuation of it. But he also perhaps felt a bit too worn out as well, which, for Hazel, was a clear sign he needed the rest.[break][break]

Even if it was resting while awake, which was not his favorite thing to do. Hazel was a restless sort, no matter how prim and put together he seemed. Letting his hands become idle for too long prompted the anxiety that he wasn’t doing enough quickly enough, and that he would simply…run out of time.[break][break]

So it was a good thing that Hugo had come into his life and had stayed put. He fostered that sense of calm in slowing down. Reassured him that it was okay to do so. Hazel was certain that he would have burnt out long ago in a far more detrimental way had it not been for his husband.[break][break]

Despite his gratitude and appreciation, that did not mean Hazel understood some of Hugo’s more peculiar methods. His head tilted to the side, eyes narrowing. Horror films were not his idea of a fun time in the least. Unless it was the middle of a bright afternoon with all of the lights on. “Your methods are incomprehensible, dear,” he replied flatly as he pushed himself up, feeling his spine pop from sitting hunched for far too long.[break][break]

“But fine, I will watch your scary movie.” Rather than head to the living room, he tucked himself against Hugo for a moment, though. Leaning against him, face pressed against the solidity of his chest while he soaked in the warmth of him and the familiar scent of detergent and cloves. “Can we watch in bed?” It wasn’t an offer he typically liked to make. Watching the television from their room was often equated to bouts of being bedridden. Too unwell to even move to the couch, so he’d grown to resent it.[break][break]

Tonight, though, felt like an exception. If he was going to watch something scary when he was this tired, he wanted their room and his fluffy, heavy blankets.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 16:06:45 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

Hugo was well-aware he was not "normal" by many standards. Even if he was more than capable of pretending to be otherwise. He made do on hcarm alone, and he was thoroughly certain that was the only reason Hazel stuck around long enough to find out he had a mime and a cursed doll as his pokemon and an unhealthy penchant for weird things. Now, it was too late for him to back off.
[break][break]
Of course, he had to set boundaries, like the fact that Mr. White was no allowed to come out in the night time hours because, even to Hugo, that shit was kind of freaky.
[break][break]
"Okay good," He said with a little giggle. Then, without much warning, as the other pulled up from the chair, he picked him up. Though he was prone to picking Hazel up without much explanation, it still made him feel like they were newly weds and not well-seasoned old crones. "To the bedroom then." Not for the things he might have preferred right then, but horror was a close second in his list of priorities.
[break][break]
Sidestepping Nico, he placed Hazel in the bed and grabbed the remote. "If you get too scared though, can always turn it off." It was spooky season though, which mean fear was an enjoyable quality, right?
[break][break]
He turned it on before rolling into the bed beside him.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 16:22:51 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

Though he was long used to Hugo scooping him up on whims, Hazel still let out a quiet squeak of surprise as he was lifted up. It was followed by a laugh as his arms slipped up around his partner’s neck. “Sounds good to me.” Leaning up he pressed his lips to the curve of Hugo’s jaw—lazy, warm.[break][break]

Despite being brushed off by Hugo, Nico trotted after them, thoughts quiet. With fluid ease he hopped up on the bed and made home at the foot—a little lavender nautilus shell.[break][break]

“I can hack it, I think. And if not I could probably come up with a few ways for you to distract me..” Hazel was quick to settle in once deposited as well, slipping underneath the heavy comforter and shivering at the sheets that had gone cold in his absence. He wouldn’t be able to get fully comfortable until Hugo had returned as well, though.[break][break]

It was funny how he’d been used to sleeping alone for so long, but from the moment Hugo had taken up residence on the other side, Hazel was never fully able to sleep soundly without him again. Even when one of them was called away on work obligation, his sleep was a restless affair. Uncomfortable. Too spacious.[break][break]

So when he did flip into bed beside Hazel, he wasted no time curling into his side. Propped up after fluffing the downy pillows behind him and fingers greedily curling into Hugo’s nightshirt as head leaned to rest on his shoulder. “So which one is it you’re having us watch? You didn’t say before.” Probably for a reason.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 15:34:37 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

Hugo would have been more than fine with other methods of distraction, but he also knew that Hazel would more likely disengage from a horror movie and fall asleep. Not out of comfort, it was simply common practice. He could probably turn on a documentary or something, but chances were that the other man would find something interesting about it and Hugo would be the one to fall asleep. That wouldn’t exactly be the goal.
[break][break]
There was also 100% likelihood that Hazel would simply return to work the second Hugo was asleep again. So, it was to be a horror movie night. Hugo didn’t necessarily mind, he could have happily gone back to sleep, but he couldn’t risk the other being left to his devices. It wasn’t for lack of trust, but rather knowing his husband better than he knew himself.
[break][break]
Hazel was quick to snuggle up against him, seeking out warmth in his body. It was cute, to say the least. Hugo certainly would never complain if the other chose to be clingy.
[break][break]
“Devil in the wood or something, haunted woods and a cabin or something.” It sounded creepy enough, but Hugo was a big skeptic with movies (horror or not). He waited to place his judgment until the end, but it was likely only to disappoint him. The movie began in a dark woods, as most were prone to. It didn’t wait long to get to the horror aspect, though it was more atmospheric than jump scare ridden. More his type of movie.
[break][break]
It was all a ploy though, he’d probably turn it off as soon as Hazel was out anyways. No need to provoke nightmares.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 16:05:42 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

Hazel would’ve much rather found distraction from his work by other means. That, at least, would be far more enjoyable than a scary movie. It wouldn’t do much in the way of spurring him to sleep, though, so he supposed he understood why Hugo was using this method instead. It was enough, at least, to cuddle up to him and keep close. The act alone added an extra dose of sluggish comfort to his bones.[break][break]

“Wow, that is very informative..” Hazel replied flatly, glancing up at Hugo with a dry twist to his smile. Already, his eyes felt heavy and achy with exhaustion, and it was furthered by the strain it took to watch the dark toned cinematography of the woods on the screen. It was embarrassing–the fact that he immediately fell for the first jump scare even if they were far and few between. It wasn’t like Hazel had never seen a horror flick before. But he somehow never grew numbed to them.[break][break]

Irritable grumbles followed, and he tucked closer into Hugo’s side. Face turning so that only one eye peered at the screen, which made it easier for him to hide his face fully if he decided there was something he’d rather not see. The dreary, suspenseful feeling built in his chest easily, despite his preference for tuning these sorts of films out. If it’d been daylight, Hazel probably wouldn’t have been so affected.[break][break]

Middle of the night? Not so much.[break][break]

Despite the anxious edge that twisted through him, eventually his eyelids began to droop as his exhaustion got the better of him. He almost remarked that he was surprised it had taken this long into the film–near the climax, to get to that dozy point. But talking seemed like so much effort. It would be fine to just close his eyes, let his weight go slack with slumber. And then Hazel was out like a light.[break][break]

But not peacefully so.[break][break]

His dreams spit him out in the darkness of the forest, alone with a sense of building urgency. It all devolved from there, worsening and worsening until Hazel snapped himself awake with a heave of breath. Eyes wide and heat prickling uncomfortably under his skin. Frantically looking around until he remembered where he was, who he was with. Safe and sound.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 17:00:22 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

Really, he should've known better. He was hoping that Hazel would be out of it enough to mentally check out. Hugo was awake enough to make it through the rest of the movie though he'd recognized when Hazel finally fell asleep (far later than anticipated). He probably deserved being woken up a second time that time, this time not by a feline clawing at him. He felt the jostle beside him and this time he didn't stir quite so lazily as before.
[break][break]
He didn't need to pat the bed beside him to knowing the other was still there. It was almost as if they were connected after all these years, the way he just felt that something was wrong. So, he stirred awake as Hazel did. "Hey hey hey, it's okay." He attempted softness but there a sleep graze to his tone as he clear his throat.
[break][break]
He let his fingers sweep through violet and silver hair, calming the disarray a little both in the locks and in the other's mind (hopefully). "It's all okay, just a bad dream. You're okay." Admittedly, he felt like shit, having been notably the cause to this upset. "I'm sorry, guess that movie was a dumb idea. Weren't supposed to stay awake through it." He should've known better that Hazel might try to anyways. 
[break][break]
His arm traveled further around the other's slighter frame, pulling him closer. "Everything's gonna be alright." He said, not just talking about the nightmare, but everything. Everything was going to be okay, he was going to make certain of it.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 17:22:34 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

Another sharp inhale followed the first, a struggle to catch his breath after feeling as though he’d been tearing through the forest in his sleep. Full sprint, stumbling over roots and fallen limbs. Tension was written into his musculature, pupils blown wide as a cold sweat prickled over his skin. Then, through the dark came the soft, groggy coo of Hugo’s voice–the only thing to begin slowing the rapid rise and fall of his chest.[break][break]

Hazel rolled inward toward the sound, nestling tighter against the warmth of his body. Presence. “You’re okay..” he muttered, a hand lifting to press against Hugo’s chest, feeling for the steady, strong thrum of his heart. The breath he exhaled wobbled, eyes falling shut as he tried to pull himself together. Just a dream. The influence of the movie on the now-darkened tv screen.[break][break]

He didn’t want to talk about it, really. The thick forest, the small hunting shack tucked away there–the sort used for disassembling caught creatures. What he found there, and his powerlessness to do anything about it before he became the hunted as well. But if Hugo had watched the film with as much attentiveness…he probably had an idea of what had happened during Hazel’s REM cycles.[break][break]

Slowly, the hand on his chest curled into a loose fist as he remained pressed to his husband, allowing himself to be soothed by the cadence of his reassurances. That fist half-heartedly thumped against the same spot. “Yeah, it’s all your fault,” he grumbled, a shaky breath that resembled a weak laugh following.[break][break]

Dragged closer, Hazel tucked his head up under Hugo’s chin. “Thank you.” His voice was smaller then, uncertain. Because there was more than just the dream, of course there was. But Hugo grounded him right there in the moment, fingers through his hair and the comforting bind of an arm around him convincing him that what his partner said was real and true.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 20:32:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: