Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 16:15:23 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Now you do."
[break][break]

That's the thing about love-- you don't always have to know something with certainty to place trust in it. Or, at least, that's what she thought.
[break][break]

Slowly, the councilwoman rose from her place far behind the wide, wooden desk. Cautious footsteps moved Penelope around it's rectangular exterior and up to the sitting man. Her lips were stilled to a strong frown as she rested herself against the front edge of her desk, forcing both herself and Cian into close proximity.
[break][break]

Penelope's hand reached out to cup his right cheek.
[break][break]
"It's okay," she breathed. It was still hard to come to terms with the situation, but hopefully, it'd come with time and some acceptance. "I love you, Cian. A lot. So please, never hide something like this from me."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 16:23:55 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

there is a brief moment when she approaches that feels like an eternity, full of dread and worry about their future. would they even have a future after this? could they? but his thoughts are quickly silenced when he feels her hand on his cheek.[break][break]

he leans into it, relief not quite pouring but it definitely is trickling.[break][break]

"i love you too. i'm so, so sorry."[break][break]

tears threaten but he wills them back with a hitched breath.[break][break]

"and i'm so fucking glad that you now know."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kecleon"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 2:31:30 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The aching of her heart made one thing blanatly clear: the love she held for him far outweighed the anger.
[break][break]
"It's okay," she repeated, even though the words still didn't feel quite right on her tongue. There was still so much to be said, so much to be asked, but for now, Penelope had to settle with the calming fact that, at the very least, Cian was still safe and he was still hers.
[break][break]
"I...I can only imagine how hard it must've been."
[break][break]
Penelope couldn't have been the only person he had to lie to.  
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 2:54:02 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

a chuckle escapes, breathless and still tense but less than it would've been earlier.[break][break]

"yeah, it was...not so easy."[break][break]

he reaches a hand to cup hers over his cheek.[break][break]

"but i'd be happy to talk more about it later. i think it's important to talk about it in general, or whatever."[break][break]

little does he know that his story might be inspiring to some. he'll realize this eventually; realize that it's a story that should be told.

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 5:19:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Yeah, I think so too."
[break][break]

And yet, despite knowing it'd be best to leave the conversation for another day, the furious beating of her heart demanded one last thing from her. A question Penelope couldn't go without asking.
[break][break]

"But, Cian, before that..." She paused, hand slowly slipping from his cheek to his shoulder. "I have to know: you're fully out now, right? Or are you still..."
[break][break]

It was entirely possible was still employing him as her own personal spy for the league. It'd be the smart thing to do -- milk whatever you can until Rocket finally pops the sucker themselves. It'd make life easy for everyone involved. But this was Cian. Even if it meant going against her superior, the councilwoman wasn't sure if she'd be able to handle seeing her love continue forward down that path.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 14:58:42 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the rise and fall of his heartbeat quicken at the mention of but only to level mere moments after. anxiety thrums away, weighing down every thought and feeling.[break][break]

"i just got out. fully out. i handed in my final report to dahlia earlier."[break][break]

and so comes the bad news. it all happened so fast that he wonders if the report has made its way to penny's desk yet.[break][break]

with a sigh, he continues.[break][break]

"rocket plans on restarting their invasion."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 1:34:56 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Relief poured into her system as Cian's answer was just enough to vanquish the burden that still heaved over her chest.
[break][break]
At least, now, she could take solace in the fact that he was fully out of their control.
[break][break]
This victory was temporary, however, as the initial mention of the report flowed into another ghastly realization. Luckily, this time, Penelope was a bit more prepared for it.
[break][break]
"I figured as much."
[break][break]
There was no doubt in her mind that Rocket's insatiable hunger would never be quenched by Sootopolis. They'd always seek more -- even at the cost of Hoenn's population.
[break][break]
"Is there a location picked out already?"
[break][break]
She paused for a second, then continued.
[break][break]
"I haven't been able to read the report submitted. Ironically, I was going to give it a look right before you got here."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 15:07:02 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"littleroot to start. the coastal towns likely to follow."[break][break]

a small part of him wishes he could have stayed just a little longer if only so he could gather more information that may prove prudent for the safety of hoenn. it doesn't take much to rid himself of this desire, however.[break][break]

he chuckles softly, shrugging a shoulder.[break][break]

"well, now you get to hear it straight from the source."[break][break]

lucky her.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 7:02:08 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Yeah, lucky her.
[break][break]
"Shit."
[break][break]
Mossdeep and Ever Grande City were prepped enough to deal with any incoming invasion, even with the element of surprise accounted for. But what about Dewford? Pacifidlog? One strong wind and those towns would be captured without a single hit to Rocket's resources. At the very least, the League now had the advantage of intel.
[break][break]
But, before the councilwoman could even begin to think of the implication of these reports, she couldn't help but return back to the one solace of this entire conversation.
[break][break]
Cian was out. He was safe from all this.
[break][break]
Penelope hung back her head and released another long, heavy sigh of relief.
[break][break]
"Thank god you're out then," she murmured, fingers tightening around the edge of the desk. Only after a slow-moving second does her eyes return back down to Cian and a faint, bittersweet smile overtook her face. "Sorry, I probably shouldn't say that. It's-- really selfish of me. But," The smile grew another inch. "I'm just really, really glad you'll be safe from."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 9:17:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i'm glad too."[break][break]

the reprieve is bittersweet and short-lived. his smile fades a little, thinning against the thought of a future full of fighting and surviving.[break][break]

"but i'll never be entirely safe from them. they'll know it was me eventually."[break][break]

and when they do, they'll come for him. or maybe not. is a known traitor and yet he's still allowed to roam freely. so maybe it's just dependant on team rocket's mood?[break][break]

"what matters is that i'm finally on the right side. i can finally do good, penny. finally fight the fight i should've been fighting since slateport."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:27:35 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

God, those were exactly the words she wanted to hear. While it didn't completely absolve the shattered trust that still ached in her chest, the sentiment was still strong enough to uplift her just enough to smile with both her bright eyes and thin lips.
[break][break]
Cian was right -- there was still no telling just how much danger his swap has put him under. Who is telling when they'll find out his lack of loyalty, and if, or when, that discovery will catch up to him? But, for the most part, those were worries future Penelope could fret over. For now, she could focus her attention on the thrum of his words, and the promises they entailed.
[break][break]
"You're right."
[break][break]
She only prayed his words were genuine this time.
[break][break]
"What will you do now then? Continue your minor league gym? Or is that over too?"
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 9:44:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i think that's over, but i'm going to talk to dahlia to discuss a promotion."[break][break]

he sounds hopeful, if though he is deserving of such a thing.[break][break]

"rustboro deserves a gym leader again. it needs one."[break][break]

especially knowing what he knows of what's to come.[break][break]

"i need your help with something, though."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 14:22:00 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A promotion? Under these circumstances, would that even be possible?
[break][break]

Penelope bit down on her lip -- there was no room for negativity here. If Cian thought a promotion was possible, then it was possible. If Dahlia and him have been working together for some time, then it wouldn't be a stretch to think she'd favor him enough to grant one, seeing his swap of allegiance and consistent streams of reports serves as some sort of worthy token of his newfound loyalty.
[break][break]

Either way, given what he had just shared with her, Cian was right. Rustboro needed a gym leader. Desperately so.
[break][break]
"With what?"
[break][break]
Tilting her head, she stared back at him, eyes wide with curiosity. It went without saying that she would do almost anything for the man, as long as it was within her power to do. That much could be said since the day he'd brought back those preserved crystablooms.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 17:30:30 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

anything is possible for hoenn's hotshot. his confidence will go unshared for now, however, as he answers her question almost immediately.[break][break]

"telling my story."[break][break]

he continues.[break][break]

"i want people to know what i did, what i went through, and just how vile rocket truly are. i'm tired of hearing people justify them."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 8:00:14 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I can definitely help with that, then."
[break][break]
It'd take a couple of calls and some strings being pulled, but Penelope definitely had enough favors to push this through.
[break][break]
God, a year ago, she would've hated the idea of a council member influencing the media. But, also, the implication of a story like this pushing through the mainstream would be huge.
[break][break]
"I'm really proud of you, Cian."
[break][break]
Despite the lying aspect. That still stung. But, at least for right now, she could swallow down the pain and focus on the positives.
[break][break]
"I'm really glad you're doing this."
[break][break]