TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 4:30:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

it isn't with the usual excitement he usually feels when seeing her. it's something akin to dread and guilt as it's a long overdue conversation but it's one he has always known they would need to have.[break][break]

the day has come where he doesn't feel out of place within the halls of the league hq. after a brief conversation with the receptionist, he finds his way to her office.[break][break]

his hand hovers as he reads the name on the door.[break][break]

penelope livy, councilwoman.[break][break]

and still, he smiles, pride brimming as he knocks thrice.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kecleon"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 4:42:20 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

" is here to see you"
[break][break]
When those words initially came in through her phone, surprise first washed over her, then relief. She wasn't quite sure if he'd mentioned popping in earlier, or if this was a spur-of-the-moment decision -- work had been so hellish this evening that both were entirely possible -- but what the councilwoman was sure of was the excitement that now festered in her stomach. 
[break][break]
While she patiently waited for his arrival, she quickly flicked her online statuses to away, so as to not be disturbed for AT LEAST the next 30 minutes. If anything, they could always call, she had thought to herself.
[break][break]
When the knock finally came, she smiled and urged him inside with a warm, "come in."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,833 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 4:56:46 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the warm greeting feels undeserved. he's not sure how long it'll last regardless, but for now, he accepts it with a smile as he steps into her office.[break][break]

"it's really good to see you, penny."[break][break]

he spares a quick glance around the room.[break][break]

"love the office. it's much bigger than i imagined."

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 5:10:06 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Isn't it?"
[break][break]
The interior of the office was finally up to her standards; a sleek modern style, combining monochromatic and earthy tones. The only cluttered was that of her desktop, which had papers sprawled all over it,
[break][break]
"Honestly, it's a little too big. Like, I have no idea what to do with this space."
[break][break]
The best idea she'd come up with was adding a small couch and chairs near the front of the room, just for a comfier setting for lighthearted visits like these, but beyond that? She had absolutely no clue.
[break][break]
"Soooo," She smiled, brows raised, "any reason for the visit? Or did you just come to say hello?"
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,833 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 7:59:25 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

briefly, cian decides to put on the hat of an interior designer. he gestures vaguely at the space between them, shaping his hands into what appears to be a rectangle.[break][break]

"couch, maybe? some shelves off to the side, a carpet below. could tie the room together."[break][break]

but he's not here to give interior advice. reality comes crashing with her question. his hands lower, his body turns, and he approaches.[break][break]

"may i?"[break][break]

he gestures to the chair across her desk, sitting soon after. his hands fold across his lap. his leg bounces; a tell of his anxiousness.[break][break]

"so, over the past few months, the league has been receiving inside reports of rocket activities. i believe you were sent one recently in august."[break][break]

a pause.[break][break]

"those reports came from me."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 12:59:58 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Yeah, of course, go ahead."
[break][break]

Penelope's warm smile had been reduced down to a shadow, as Cian's tone and body language sent ripples of anxiety down her spine. Was there something wrong? When he finally settled down into his chair, she was already fully leaned forward, with her elbows propped up on the desk and her head firmly fitted on top of her flattened hand.
[break][break]

Penelope's brows knitted at the initial start to his confession. How did he know about those reports? It wasn't as if Minor Gym leaders would have access to them, and unless she had some chronic sleep talking disorder, she was sure she hadn't allowed that much work to slip into their pillow talk.
[break][break]
"those reports came from me."
[break][break]
A heavy silence befell the room.
[break][break]
Brows twitched downward and lips dropping into a thin, tight line, the councilwoman just sat there, speechless, as countless thoughts sped through her mind.
[break][break]
Through it all, only word managed to crack out, voided of all the warmth that previously coated her tone: "What?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,833 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 15:53:18 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the silence is deafening.[break][break]

how he wishes he could say the right thing to fix this, to take them back to where they were just yesterday, but he knows the more he says, the further away he drifts.[break][break]

but she deserves to know the truth.[break][break]

"when rocket landed in slateport years ago, my dad thought it best to align our family with them. so, we all went, and we've been in team rocket ever since."[break][break]

his leg continues to bounce.[break][break]

"actually, was the first to leave. he did so when died. i decided to leave last year but chose to stay so i could provide info for ."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 3:43:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

In flood, realization pooled into her head, clogging every nook and cranny with expansive thoughts ranging from anger to disappointment to hurt to betrayal. Her heart swelled up against her ribcage red and raw, pounding a rush of emotions throughout her body.
[break][break]
It took every ounce of willpower to restrain her face from contorting itself into a mess, but that only made her feel worse.
[break][break]
Why here? Why now? If he was going to shatter their relationship, why corner her in her own damn office? The sound of nail scrapping against wood grated their ears as Penelope ran her fingers against the edge of her desktop.
[break][break]
"I see."
[break][break]

The councilwoman melted back into her chair, eyes flicking upward.
[break][break]

"So what else is there? What else did you lie about?"
[break][break]

How about their relationship? Was that a lie too?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,833 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 9:46:25 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the decision to tell her at her place of work is purely a selfish one. an insensitive one, even.[break][break]

this revelation is built upon the basis of what he would consider work. his job. his duties to the league and to hoenn. what better place to talk about that than here?[break][break]

"nothing else, i swear."[break][break]

i swear. whatever that's worth now.[break][break]

"i wanted to tell you, penny, but i was scared."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 14:29:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You were scared?"
[BREAK][BREAK]
A short, bitter bark of a laugh spat out. Was that his retort; that was too scared to be honest with own girlfriend? However, this laughter dissolved into frustration, as realization further settled in.
[BREAK][BREAK]
"Arceus, Cian, you made me look like a fucking idiot."
[BREAK][BREAK]
Her -- lead reporter of the critical HBS, now turned councilmember of accountability and intel -- blindness to a rocket right before her very eyes. must take her as a joke.
[BREAK][BREAK]
At this point, all attempts to remain neutral were slowly withering away. Why be scared and hold it in? already made her out to be a fool in front of everyone, so she might as well reel in this last moment of control.
[BREAK][BREAK]
"Because, what? You were too scared?"
[BREAK][BREAK]
Anger burned her eyes red. Bloodshot. If he'd only told her, she would've understood. Yes, she would've berated him for following his family into a goddamn terrorist organization, but it's family. She would've understood.
[BREAK][BREAK]
"I just-- I just don't understand."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,833 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 4:46:42 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he's in the wrong. he knows he's in the wrong. and yet, when met with anger, his instinct is to defend himself even when he knows he shouldn't.[break][break]

"no, i didn't."[break][break]

he bites his tongue after, too late and for little use besides stopping more words from spewing. an exhale follows. his gaze leaves her.[break][break]

"what don't you understand?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 13:39:52 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Cian's quick, almost automatic response nearly sent the councilwoman over the edge.
[break][break]
"Fine," She breathed, now glaring, nails dug deep into the tabletop, "then you made me feel like a fucking idiot."
[break][break]
To think, even now, after basically telling her he'd been lying since the very start of their relationship, his instinct was to defend himself. Like she was some villain who needed to be defended against.
[break][break]
It took every ounce of strength, every ounce of self-control, to fight against the tears that threatened to pour out. It was enough to force the woman out of her seat, as sitting felt almost unbearable now.
[break][break]
Hands pressed onto the table, body leaned forward, she looked straight at the man she thought she loved just an hour, and shook her head, disappointed both in herself and him. "I don't understand," she repeated, "why you didn't just tell me earlier? Do you not trust me? "
[break][break]
She paused. Her heart felt like a seesaw, flipping from anger to hurt, over and over, till her feelings felt mangled, and her insides twisted. Another short pause broke her words.
[break][break]
"I would've understood."
[break][break]
It'd be one thing if she was just an oblivious florist stationed out at Lilycove, mainly unaffected by the growing factional warfare in their backyard, but she wasn't. Penelope was a fucking councilwoman for Arceus-sake, if there was anyone he could've confide in, it would've been her. But maybe that was wishful thinking.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,833 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 9:59:27 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

harder and harder he bites down on his tongue, stilling words that would've hurt her. but, gods, is it difficult to. to be treated like the villain when all he ever wanted was to be the hero.[break][break]

not even that, but to be someone good.[break][break]

"i couldn't."[break][break]

he breathes out the words, gaze barely finding hers as he's unable to face the anger before him.[break][break]

"i had finally found you, penny, and i just couldn't take the risk."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 2:02:45 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Anger bled into hurt and the intensity of her thoughts softened to a near whisper. Fingers still dug deep into the curves of the wood, she bit down at the inside of her cheeks.
[break][break]
Fuck, what else was there to say?
[break][break]
"..."
[break][break]
Wide, downcast eyes stared across the table as silence thickened the air between them.
[break][break]
"...You were never going to lose me." Her words were softened by the pang in her chest. As bad as it was, despite the massive breach of her trust, her feelings remained unchanged. 

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,833 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
OVERDUE
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 15:55:37 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

a similar hurt stabs away in his chest. it's a hurt that only seems to grow when he finally looks at her.[break][break]

"...i didn't know that."[break][break]

even then, his gaze falls quickly.[break][break]

i couldn't have known.[break][break]

"i'm sorry, penny. for everything."