blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit.
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 16:50:18 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

She was still getting used to having a life that didn’t revolve around a constant line of matches, even now. It could be argued that it was good for her to be doing a different sort of job now, but it hadn’t stopped her from going right back to the one thing she was familiar with. Sparring hadn’t changed–she was still angry and resilient. But the way she went about it did. She was out of practice, plain and simple.[break][break]

There was nothing really left to do but slink out of the ring when her opponent was declared winner. Wander out into the night to lick her wounds, and even more than that– nurse her sore pride. Was there anything worse? Blue was used to being on the top of the pile. Now, she was left to flounder and figure out how to fight again. Not that she was incapable of it, or had been faced with a continual string of losses. It was more that she couldn’t accept that she would lose even once.[break][break]

Blue couldn’t find much that she did enjoy as of late. The thrill that came with fighting was still present, though. Sore loser, or not. That instinctive flood of adrenaline still hummed through her, lighting her up from the inside out like the kick of nitro-glycerine being ignited. She still had that, at least. Maybe it was better than nothing.[break][break]

She still should’ve won, though.[break][break]

Wandering away from the old building, Blue faltered in the steadiness of her stride. Cut sharp, hostile glances at anyone she passed who dared to look twice at her. She could feel the purpling bloom of a bruise aching under one eye. Seeping down into the swell of her cheek. That was the least of her hurts, though she didn’t have much desire to check out the extent of it. With an exaggerated groan, Blue sat herself down, right there in the middle of the sidewalk, hands slipping up into her hair as she played back all of the ways she could’ve done it right.[break][break]

Then the sound of slowing footsteps caused her to look up, half over her shoulder and arms still hooked around her head. The corner of her mouth curled, automatically on the defensive. “What? You see something interesting?” she rasped, instantly annoyed that the bite wasn’t as sharp as she would’ve preferred. She was the one sat in the middle of the street, half on the curb, after all. She was the one out of place here.[break][break]

Her arms lowered, and Blue immediately began to pick at her nails in an attempt to dismiss the stranger. “If you want something, I don’t got anything.” Lost all her pocket cash making bad bets and pounding red bulls.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] open | m: putting on a front[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lucario"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".blue"]--accent:#677fb5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue blockquote b, .blue blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .blue blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .blue blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".blue .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .blue .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .blue .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Toni, Huntress
She, Her, Boss
August 6
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
whatever she's feelin' like
Poacher
Boss Bitch
I keep a record of the wreckage of my life
awards
252 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toni
Antoinette Spina
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 21:02:55 GMT
Antoinette Spina Avatar
[attr="class","toni"]
[attr="class","top"]
 You wouldn’t catch Toni dead in the middle of one of those rings, but it wasn’t uncommon to find her hovering around the edge, where she can feel the sweat and blood sprinkle against her cheek after a good right hook. The thrill of the fight had always been appealing to her: two predators driven to tear the other apart. As always, the heiress had cash to burn and betting on fighting had become a past time.

Unfortunately, tonight, her champion didn’t win. The cash she lost wasn’t of importance, but she was still frustrated leaving empty handed. Toni just liked to be right, and when she wasn’t, she would go out of her way to change the narrative. For the next fight, she’d be right, doubling her bet to prove it.

The soft click of her heels echoed across the rather empty streets of Slateport’s outskirts. Her next destination was a local bar, somewhere she could end the night on a positive note. She knew the way through the dark streets like the back of her hand.

She reached into her pocket to extract a cigarette as a means of company while she walked. The familiar motion was stopped by flash of blue hair she recognized from not too long ago.

The woman she bet on was sitting in the middle of the sidewalk, fingers laced behind her head. A snappy, defensive tone and pitiful slump in her shoulder gave away the depression many felt after a loss.

The streetlights glistened off the sharp, dark gaze of the poacher as she stood above Blue. Toni didn’t see a bruised and defeated woman, Toni saw potential in blue’s moment of weakness. The potential was hers for the taking, and Toni rarely passed up an opportunity that could benefit her.

“You underestimate yourself,” the words rolled off her tongue in a steady purr. She squatted beside Blue, a perfectly manicured hand drifts up from her pocket, offering the woman a handkerchief, “You have a little something on your cheek,” dried blood perhaps? Old money, old habits.

”You have more to offer than you give yourself credit for.”

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".toni"]--accent:#B87CFA; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".toni blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".toni blockquote b, .toni blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".toni .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #B87CFA; [/newclass] [newclass=.toni .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.toni .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 15:28:13 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

What Blue had hoped was that her prickliness would have startled off the stranger who’d had the boldness to approach her. That was not the case–whoever she was, she was made of sturdier stuff and Blue’s temper seemed to roll right off of her back, much to Blue’s chagrin.[break][break]

The woman watching her was unfamiliar to Blue. If she’d been in the crowd, as her remarks revealed, Blue hadn’t seen her. When she was locked into a fight, everything outside that square was a blur. Even more so than the whirling, chaotic movement of the fight itself. The ruby gleam in her eyes sharpened as she watched Toni, eyebrows pinching together in a deepened frown. “How do you know if I underestimate myself or not?”[break][break]

It was instinctive to bristle like an unsettled and wary cat. But Blue was still tired after that failed match, and really she just wanted like, a burger and a smoke and to sleep it off until she had to drag herself back to Fortree for whenever her next rotation at the station started up. So she pushed herself to sit up, glance narrowing at the offered kerchief. “I know that,” a petulant, childish grumble as she snatched it to drag across the skin on her face. Of course it came away smudged with blood.[break][break]

The sight of it was even more familiar than the act of winning.[break][break]

“Yeah, and what’s that then?” she muttered, hands on her knees before she stood. There was immediate regret as her joints cracked and her muscles protested with ache. “What’s it to you, anyway?”[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] | m: putting on a front[break]

[newclass=".blue"]--accent:#677fb5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue blockquote b, .blue blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .blue blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .blue blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blue .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .blue .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .blue .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Toni, Huntress
She, Her, Boss
August 6
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
Poacher
Boss Bitch
awards
252 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toni
Antoinette Spina
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 6:28:50 GMT
Antoinette Spina Avatar
[attr="class","toni"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Toni wasn’t the kind of woman to be deterred that easily. She’s a predator; once she sets her sights on her prey, she’s locked-on, like a Dragapault ready to fire its Dreepy. It’ll take more than a few swats of her sharp claws to drive Toni away.

Blue posed a good question; how could a stranger possibly know? After Toni took back the handkerchief, she stood, tucking it back into the pocket of her leather jacket, “I have an eye for precious gems,” a true statement, in more than the literal sense, “And you, my dear, are Alexandrite,” The color changing gem, a rare and extraordinarily beautiful stone that never looked the same no matter how many times one inspected it. At first glance, it could look like a dull brown, and the next a blue as brilliant as the woman's hair. The analogy might not mean much to Blue, but Toni is willing to educate her should she ask.

The Poacher returned to her previous habits, withdrawing the carton of cigarettes from her other pocket. One found its way between dark red lips, she offered Blue one before replacing the carton with a lighter.

The fire cast a glow over her thoughtful expression as she lit the cigarette. It gave Blue a brief glimpse of her perfectly shaped eyebrows, the delicate lines of her make up, and her flawless olive skin. She’s obviously a woman who takes great care in her appearance, a stark contrast to the bruised a bloody fighter.

“Well, I had to get you up off the ground, bad for business,” her smile was somewhere between sincere and mischievous. It’s hard to tell beneath the shadows of the streetlights, “Or perhaps I should have left you there . . . the odds would have been better next time – when you win,” she handed Blue her own cigarette to light hers if she took one when Toni offered.

[newclass=".toni"]--accent:#B87CFA; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".toni blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".toni blockquote b, .toni blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".toni .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #B87CFA; [/newclass] [newclass=.toni .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.toni .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 17:00:43 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

Something in the flattery the woman offered rang familiar to Blue. Not in the exact words or comparison, but in the act itself. The twist of her tone that said I could use you. It sent a thrum through Blue. The memory of her previous handler (or manager, or whatever he’d been to her,) the day he found her in the shady alleys near the docks in Slateport, competing for leftover scraps just to be able to eat. The following years of molding, shaping her into the fighter, the winner she had become. All to hear those scant words of praise, or be offered fleeting affection. “You’ve done well, Bluebell. Now do the same again tomorrow night.”[break][break]

Somewhere in her mind, Blue knew that she should be leery of it. Take those words about precious gems and hidden potential with a grain of salt. “Dunno anything about any alexandrite,” she grumbled back, but the bite had dulled. She should know better than to walk herself into traps. It was how she’d landed herself in the rings before. It was how rocket had drawn her in after that had fallen apart. Of course, she didn't know this person's actual intent. So she could suspend her final judgements for now. Maybe it would turn out to be nothing, after all.[break][break]

But Blue didn’t know how to be untied. So used to the chain that she hovered within the range of it. She didn’t know what to do with herself without a tether, and that was why she so easily walked into open jaws, waiting for the snap. At least the yank back of restraint was familiar. Someone had to hold the leash. Maybe she didn’t trust herself if she broke loose. Rein her in. She was all sharp teeth and blunt force. A tool. And that was a trauma she should have processed, but didn’t. She just carried it with her, because it was the only thing she knew.[break][break]

She didn’t know how to be without it.[break][break]

So the shiver of apprehension was swallowed up, and her wary stare didn’t dissipate, but she didn’t turn on her heels to stalk away from the stranger either. Feral dog or not, praise was praise, and Blue lapped it up. Allowed it to draw her in for the time being. The offering was one she was grateful for, and she turned the cigarette in her fingers. “Don’t care what’s bad for business,” she muttered with a shrug, cramming the cigarette between her teeth. She shoved her hands in her pockets, and rather than remove the cig again, she leaned toward the one Toni offered, lighting it while it was still perched in her mouth. It muffled her speech as the tip flared orange in the dim light. “Damn right next time when I win.”[break][break]

At least they shared that ideal.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

Toni, Huntress
She, Her, Boss
August 6
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
Poacher
Boss Bitch
awards
252 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toni
Antoinette Spina
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 23:08:23 GMT
Antoinette Spina Avatar
[attr="class","toni"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The orange flare of the cigarette cast a dull light on Blue’s features. The poacher’s soft gaze traced the silhouette of darkening bruises across her cheek, and the swelling bubbling up from beneath. Toni admired strong woman, and Blue already had a leg up on others considering she willingly jumped into the ring night after night. That took physical strength and steeled mental strength, both very attractive qualities. The woman’s enthusiasm to win made Toni smile, “And win you shall,” hopefully. She’d bet money on Blue again.

Toni wasn’t one to give admiration freely – only to those that deserved it. With admiration came genuine curiosity. What made Blue tick? Did she have the drive to truly win next time? Although Toni’s motivations may be monetary in nature, she hated to see wasted potential. When she saw a fellow strong woman crumpled on the street, she couldn’t help but pick her back up. Needed to, actually.

“Care for a drink?” she turned to face the empty streets of the Outskirts, “I’m on my way there now. It’s a nice little speakeasy a couple blocks away,” she glanced over to judge if Blue seemed interested or not, “They make a wonderfully strong dirty martini,” one of Toni’s favorites.

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 21:35:54 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Just haven’t been around for a bit, is all,” she offered as a sullen excuse, one shoulder rising and falling. And really, she shouldn’t have been back around to begin with, but it was like an addiction she couldn’t help but indulge. She needed the adrenaline rush and the primal thrill of trying to tear into something with just her hands. Nothing to assist her, only her ferocity.[break][break]

Not that she had any reason to justify herself to this woman, she told herself. But the need to do so had suddenly crawled under her skin and settled there like an insatiable itch. What was her interest in Blue? What made her so keen on her success–apart from a lost bet, that was. “You lose much on me?”[break][break]

Blue glanced down the empty street and took a lengthy drag from the cigarette. Let the nicotine smoke percolate in her lungs before exhaling it all in a silvery plume above her head as she looked upward in idle deliberation. “Yeh, sure. Why not? You buyin’?” The corner of her mouth twitched upward, sharp and smirking as she tested her luck. Her head tipped forward in a silent nod for Toni to lead the way. “Murk, by the way.” Best leave it to her alias in the rings for the time being. It hadn’t circulated for a while, so it was up to chance whether Toni recognized it or not.[break][break]

And, well, best if it didn’t get back to Fortree PD that one of their current beat cops was making the rounds here as a participant.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

Toni, Huntress
She, Her, Boss
August 6
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
Poacher
Boss Bitch
awards
252 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toni
Antoinette Spina
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 0:24:29 GMT
Antoinette Spina Avatar
[attr="class","toni"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Toni inhales the addictive smoke of her own cigarette. She holds her breath for a beat before slowly letting the white fog drip from her lips. The woman’s slender shoulders shrug lightly, “Not enough to worry about,” she admits, but that could be quite a bit of money for the average person. Toni, on the other hand, was very privileged.

As soon as Blue shows the slightest bit of interest in join her, Toni smiles. Its pleasant, and genuine, “I guess I offered, didn’t I?” her intention was to pay as she typically did. One of Toni’s toxic traits was the insatiable desire to please, “I will owe you for escorting me through the dangerous streets of Slateport,” there was an obvious tone of humor to her words.

“Nice to meet you, Murk. I’m Toni,” she responded, “This way then,” she starts down the street once more at a steady pace. The only sound is the echo of her heels off the brick buildings. She mostly walks in silence, giving Blue a little bit of peace as they enjoy the company of the nicotine.

It’s not a far walk, and about two and a half blocks later she leads them down a dark alley to a rather plain door with a faint neon light above it, “Have you ever been here?” she looks back at Blue before tapping the butt of her finish cigarette against the brick wall.

As soon as she yanks the door open, the faint sound of light jazz can be heard drifting up the stairs, “After you,” she holds the door open for Blue to descend then follows closely behind her.

It’s a dark, intimate bar. It’s small and clearly not meant for many people to be inside. Luckily, it’s not a busy night a few couples seem to be enjoying the relaxing atmosphere,

“Have a seat, I’ll get us drinks,” she motions towards a few open tables, the bar doesn’t have much room. Blue can choose what she’s comfortable with, “What would you like?”

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 1:37:16 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

The corners of her mouth tugged upward again at the casual reply. “Not enough to regret, then. Good.” Blue could be worth betting on–she knew that, and hopefully Toni continued to believe as much as well. [break][break]

Blue’s head rolled side to side, neck cracking in a way that she relished. “Mhm,” she confirmed simply. Though she couldn’t help the snort that slipped loose moments later. “Look like you can handle yourself just fine.” Her tone equally as dry, though slowly it was becoming less sharp and wary.[break][break]

“Don’t think so.” Not that she could recall, anyway. Dropping the spent cigarette, Blue stamped out the lingering smolder with her boot heel. Then tipped Toni a short nod before stepping inside and trudging down the steps.[break][break]

Oh yeah. From the jazz and first glimpse alone– “Definitely never been here.” It was plush and warm, and way too classy for the likes of her. Blue was accustomed to back corner bars and dives that were probably violating several health codes from the sheer amount of accumulated grime on the floors.[break][break]

Not that she’s about to turn tail and leave, though. The idea of a drink had definitely turned more and more appealing on the walk over.[break][break]

“Whiskey, neat.” At least she was straightforward and uncomplicated in the drinking arena. Her hands slipped into her pockets as she wandered over to one of the tables to slip into the cushy, velvet seating. She could practically feel some of the tension unwinding from her limbs on contact. This beat the hard pavement outside by a longshot.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

Toni, Huntress
She, Her, Boss
August 6
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
Poacher
Boss Bitch
awards
252 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toni
Antoinette Spina
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 2:41:01 GMT
Antoinette Spina Avatar
[attr="class","toni"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Toni may be able to handle herself, but she’d rather not have to. Her dirty work was strictly in the poaching game, all else she’d rather contract out. After all, she’s mostly spoiled and rich, and rather lazy. The only drive she felt was the one the please. It stemmed from deep daddy issues she’d rather not elaborate on.

“Excellent choice,” she praised as she brushed by Blue to head to the bar. She spent a small amount of time chatting with the bartender, this was a frequent haunt of hers when she comes down to the Outskirts.

Toni turned to find where Murk had chosen to take a seat. She slid onto the other side of the velvet booth and pushed a crystal glass towards blue with simple, amber liquid, “I hope you like it,” she grins, her head motioned towards the barkeep, “Andrew says it’s one of his favorites,” it’s certainly not well whiskey, Toni wouldn’t be caught dead purchasing that.

“Cheers,” she raised her martini glass to gently clink against her new companion’s. She took a small sip before setting it back down on the table, gently spinning the stem between her fingers, “What do you typically do after a loss?” Everyone had a routine or a vice that made them feel better, she guessed Murk was no different.

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 16:51:57 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

Even a small praise was a praise, and whether Blue wished to react or not, she could feel herself perk slightly. Over a drink? It felt foolish. Maybe she was more exhausted than she’d thought.[break][break]

Waiting on Toni was no great issue, either. In fact, comfortable as she’d grown, Blue hadn’t realized much time had passed at all. “I’m sure I will,” she replied as she took the glass and looked down at the dark, golden liquid. “Thanks.” She wasn’t picky. In all actuality, this was likely way higher class than the cheap booze she was accustomed to.[break][break]

Blue echoed the sentiment, glasses clinking before she lifted the tumbler to her lips for a drink of her own. The burn was smooth down her throat and she mulled over the taste as she considered the question posed to her. “Andrew has good taste,” she muttered first, glance flitting back over to the bar.[break][break]

She settled back in her seat, then, and set the glass down on the table top. Twisted it idly between her palms. “Train more, usually,” she admitted after a long moment. Go over repetitions until her muscles were on fire, and her arms no longer wanted to swing and her legs no longer wanted to hold her up. Blue snorted, looking back up at Toni. “Probably just like dumping salt in the wound, but you know.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

Toni, Huntress
She, Her, Boss
August 6
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
Poacher
Boss Bitch
awards
252 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toni
Antoinette Spina
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 6:55:28 GMT
Antoinette Spina Avatar
[attr="class","toni"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Toni did cast a small glance towards Andrew at Blue did. She gave the bartender a nod. He returned it with a subtle one, pleased the woman approved of the whiskey, “He hasn’t led me astray yet,” the bartender just seemed to know exactly what you craved. It was a useful talent. If only Toni had such insight life would be easier. Her gaze drifted back towards Blue as she toyed with the glass in her palm. If she has half the insight Andrew had, perhaps she’d be able to figure out what Blue needed to make her stronger – and make toni more money.

Unfortunately, she’d have to guess. Or maybe slowly peel away the layers of this bitter, distant woman. Good thing Toni is a patient person.

“Hm,” she considers blue’s typical ‘routine’. Just seemed like more torture.

“Is that all you do?” she emphasized, a concerned look crossing her olive complexion, “Just fight day in and day out?” she takes a delicate sip of her martini, “Do you ever have fun? Unwind those tense muscles? Forget about the fight for a bit?”

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 23:43:11 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Guess so,” she replied, frowning a bit as she did so. Blue had never really given it much thought. She worked, she did the things her rocket superiors instructed, and informed on the proper situations. She played her part at the station, and when she wasn’t there, she skulked back to the rings and the cages, or found herself somewhere there was training equipment.[break][break]

Now that she thought of it—she really didn’t have all that much of a useful or interesting life, did she? She willingly stayed within the parameters constructed for her, without question. Even before rocket, it had been that way.[break][break]

Blue took a long, steady swig of her whiskey—let the singe of it mellow on her tongue and then ease down her throat. “Don't think I’ve had fun a day in my life.” Because her life has never been an easy one, and she’s got rage in spades.[break][break]

But wasn't wholly the truth, was it? She could remember better days, distant as they were and still tinged with something somber and dreary. Back when she was a child and had someone she could call friend.[break][break]

The word was a curdled taste on her tongue now. One she tried to repeatedly wash down whenever it arose.[break][break]

“Why?” she asked dryly, rose eyes casting over to the other woman over the crystal rim of her glass. “You got a magic fix all, Toni?” The name rasps out at the end, maybe melded with the edge of a short chuckle. Sparse, but present.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

Toni, Huntress
She, Her, Boss
August 6
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
Poacher
Boss Bitch
awards
252 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toni
Antoinette Spina
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:48:07 GMT
Antoinette Spina Avatar
[attr="class","toni"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It’s after Blue’s revelation that she might happen to catch a glimpse of disappointment for the first time that night in Toni’s gaze. The corner of her dark lips pulled into a small frown. It certainly wasn’t disappointment towards Blue, but towards the implication that something or someone had kept this woman from enjoying the finer things in life. Kept her caged or chained. There's nothing that pushed Toni close to the edge of anger more than watching a strong woman suffer under an oppressive thumb.

It was probably a man – it’s always a man. Disgusting.

“Really?” the word was drawn out, monotone, “Not a single day in your life?” the woman shook her head in disbelief as the martini met her lips. After her own drawn out sip, she returned Blue’s rosy gaze is with a rather mischievous look in her own dark eyes, “That’s something you need to discover for yourself – but I’m happy to help,” the smile that curled across her lips was inviting. Toni did, after all, know a thing or two about fun.

“But you should try it sometime. You’d be surprised how . . . focused you are after letting loose.”

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
crawling king snake [m]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 23:47:26 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

Blue’s head tilted to the side in consideration, eyes rolling up and away. “Well maybe not never, but not in a long time.” Definitely not since she was at least a teenager. She noted the slight of disapproval and shrugged in response. Blue didn’t know how to be fun, she wasn’t all too familiar with the concept. Almost as if she’d grown up more beast than girl.[break][break]

She took another swig from her glass, using the same hand holding it to tap at her own forehead. “Fundamentally broken, I think.” Because what other reason for it would there be? She walked herself right into the bulk of her problems, after all.[break][break]

Then the glimmer in Toni’s eyes shifted into something else, and Blue felt the first flutter of nerves under her layers of practiced indifference. Unlike anger, which came to her the easiest of her emotions. This was nervous, and maybe a bit confused as to the other woman’s meaning. For herself? Well, that wasn’t going to do her any good— clearly she’d failed to find fun on her own until now. Why would she suddenly start to apropos of nothing?[break][break]

“How would you..help?” It probably came across as her playing along, but her general aloofness masked the genuine intent behind the question. Blue slouched for a moment, a puff of breath angled upward fluttering the strands of inky blue resting on her forehead. “Maybe you’re right..” Maybe that was what she needed to regain clarity and determination for her sparring.

[break][break]