Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
A Stranger Approaches (Duo Wild)
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 12:59:55 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Taking the scenic route from Slateport to Mauville City sure was great sometimes. The fresh air, the warm sun. All of it bathed and rejuvenated Elinor as she walked down Route 110.

Clad in a light jacket with some sweatpants, she truly looked like an ordinary casual trainer. Surely nobody would suspect one of the council members of Hoenn to dress this… commonly. But for today she did.

In place of a team of security personnel, one of her personal Pokémon walked by her side. The Hisuian Typhlosion mimicked its trainer with its two-legged walk. Its purple flame collar burned gently in the breeze.

OOC: DUO WILD (fighting / flying)

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

mystic

secretary
officer
15 height
15 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miranda
miranda walker
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 13:21:49 GMT
miranda walker Avatar

Miranda

Playing with .

Miranda didn't even know the first thing about catching Pokemon, but it wasn't as if that was going to stop her! If these people could do it, she didn't see how she could fail at the task. At her side, she'd elected to bring Gengar to hunt down new members for her team - granted, she had no idea what she was doing.

Clicking her tongue, the former heiress strutted through the beaten path, marching her way through grass with an ill-mannered expression on her face. "This sucks." she groaned, already whining one hour into this thing. "The guide said I'd find pokemon here so why aren't there any?" she was gnawing on her thumb, pinning it between her lips as her eyes darted to some model-student looking girl.

"Why the heck does everyone here have to look so damned diligent." she muttered under her breath, already annoyed that there was going to be competition. "God! Can't I just get a break for once." she complained, even though she'd practically had that 'break' her whole life.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 5:39:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PANCHAM APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOLD BREAKER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]KARATE CHOP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COMET PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GRAPPLOCT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TECHNICIAN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TOPSY TURVY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUBMISSION

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 9:02:34 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

As she walked through the tall grass, she felt the eyes of wild Pokémon upon her. Though they did not seem too inclined to come closer, perhaps due to the presence of her Pokémon. “Ty, if you see any Pokémon that look strong do be a dear and recruit them,” Elinor said.

The Hisuian Typhlosion nodded and began to scan the area. It didn’t take long before its ears reacted to the sound of a Pokémon nearby slithering along upon its appendages. The Fire/Ghost type stormed off to catch the Pokémon. Quickly finding the Grapploct deep the process of preying upon some unfortunate Pokémon.

Well, the hunter was about to be hunted. Because the Typhlosion jumped the Grapploct, pulling it backward along with it through sheer momentum. The squid fighter let go of its victim only to try and bind the assailant as it was pulled along the ground.

Meanwhile, Elinor noticed a nearby trainer. She couldn’t say it was a familiar face. An idea suddenly sprang forth perhaps she ought to do a bit of small talk with the common folk. And so she decided to approach sending her a waving gesture and a hearty “Hello there!” to signal that she wished to communicate.

Though as if on cue with her hello a geyser of fire emerged twenty or so meters away from their location as the Hisuian Typhlosion used ERUPTION on the poor Grapploct who had no chance of even touching the Fire/Ghost type.

For a brief moment, Elinor turned to look and sigh at her Pokémon’s excessive use of force, before she returned her attention to the new person.

Not long after the Hisuian Typhlosion would return dragging along a very burned Grapploct for Elinor to capture...

OOC: DUO WILD (fighting / flying)

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

mystic

secretary
officer
15 height
15 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miranda
miranda walker
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 3:28:41 GMT
miranda walker Avatar

Miranda

Playing with .

"Hell-Oooooo-" she screamed from the sudden interruption, unable to even bring her usual snark into play as the fear of god - and fire - was forced unto her by that explosion that totall'ed the wandering Pokemon. "What is that?! What did you do?!" the girl spat out the candy in her mouth as she saw burnt, black grass.

"Dude..." Miranda was surprised by the sudden explosion and she leapt away by instinct, holding her hands up protectively over her face. She leaned forward, squinting at the charred creature that had been attacked by the other trainer's Pokemon and she stepped forward, a look of disgust coming from her face as she sniffed the smell of smoke in the air. "Dude I think you killed it." Miranda told the other trainer bluntly. "That's not even like medium well, its well done."

"Think this tastes like chicken?" she asked, ignorant of the other pokemon that was lurking near her. "Dude... why is your pokemon dragging the other one here?" and then it clicked in her mind, Miranda grabbed her Gengar, embracing it. "Your Pokemon isn't like, cannibalistic right?"

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 7:51:49 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor was about to try and calm the girl down. She seemed surprisingly spooked by the mere use of a fire-type move in their vicinity. Sure, it might look a bit dangerous but surely as a trainer, it would be nothing out of the ordinary. Unless she’s just starting out? Eyes turned to the Gengar, a rather strong surprising thing for a beginner to handle.

“Oh, don’t worry. Might smell Well done, but Pokémon are hardier than that.” Sure had that Eruption hit either her or Miranda they’d been burned on the spot. But a Pokémon would surely be able to handle it.

It seemed the attention of both women had been turned to the Typhlosion currently dragging the Grapploct to Elinor. A wide grin on its face as it looked really proud of itself.

And just as the Fire/Ghost-Type Pokémon reached them Miranda voiced a question that amused Elinor. Amused her so much that a laugh escaped her. “Oh no, don’t worry about it. It won’t eat you or Pokémon. If it was a wild Pokémon then it might have. But not now.” Elinor reassured the girl before turning to Typhlosion.

The eager Typhlosion threw the charred and unconscious body of the Grapploct in front of Elinor while looking really proud of itself. “Well done, Ty. But do try to contain yourself a bit. You know you could really hurt someone with a move like that.” Its grin lessened as its ears fell in sadness and its flames died down slightly. It thought it had done good, yet it was being berated.

“Oh, cheer up Ty. You will do better with the next one, I am sure!” Elinor said nudging while she nudged a Pokéball against the Grapploct initiating the capture Process. For as quick the Typhlosion was to look sad, so too was it quick to cheer up once more, the flames around its collar burning lively once more.

“I might sound presumptuous now. But is it right to assume you are rather new to this whole Pokémon training thing?” Elinor asked perhaps a bit too bluntly.

OOC: TRYING TO CAPTURE GRAPPLOCT

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

mystic

secretary
officer
15 height
15 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miranda
miranda walker
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 11:48:46 GMT
miranda walker Avatar

Miranda

Playing with .

The girl really was doting wasn't she? Miranda looked at her Gengar and slightly felt a bit out of place. She wasn't an affectionate type, not by any stretch of the imagination. Was it really that important to be so attached to her pokemon? Its not like she was going to be horrible to them, but she treated them more like useful tools, like a guard dog instead of a part of her family.

"Super new." she'd say shamelessly, reluctantly releasing Gengar after hearing the explanation of the other trainer. "I think I've had less than like, two battles?" she was counting them on her hand. "I lost to a kid, but she was a gym leader..." the memory was one she would try to repress, but like any other painful memory the more Miranda tried to forget it, the more the details became sharper in her mind. "But yeah, I guess I was trying to look for pokemon, I wanted to see if like, what I needed were more than the ones dad gave me." and that explained it, it made no sense a complete neophyte was walking around with a Gengar after all. "I haven't figured out all his moves yet, but I think one of them is like Shadow Punch?" she was squatting on the grass, rubbing the head of her pokemon while she looked up at this honor-student-looking gal.

"So uh..." she looked around, nobody was watching, might as well get some useful information from this girl. "How do you catch pokemon exactly? They never really told me how. Like, do I just throw the ball? Or do I press the button and throw the ball? I heard its like a grenade when you pull the pin..." Elinor was going to have to explain a lot of things - or leave the pitiful ignorant bitch to her own devices.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 13:57:36 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor’s attention focused on the girl. She seemed rather dotting the fully evolved Pokémon. However, Elinor did not judge her for this. Knowing that each relationship between trainer and Pokémon was different.

Elinor nodded in understanding. So a newcomer with a Pokémon they barely know. Elinor thought. Never mind how irresponsible it was of someone to just hand a fully evolved Pokémon to someone who barely knew what they were doing.

“Well, if we are talking just using the Pokéball it is quite simple.” She spoke retrieving an empty one while the Grapploct Pokéball was deciding if it wanted to stay caught or not. “All you need to do is press this button down for a short moment and then have the Pokéball make contact with the Pokémon you wish to catch within a set timer, whether you prefer to throw it or nudge it against the Pokémon is all up to you,” Elinor explained as she showed the actual mechanism to the younger trainer.

“But just throwing a Pokéball and praying won’t get you far. You need to either convince the Pokémon to join you with words or actions or weaken it to assert dominance.” Elinor explained, really getting into the mood of teaching here, so much in fact that she just now realized she hadn't introduced herself yet. “Oh, I haven’t introduced myself. My name is Elinor Anderson, and this is Ty.” She gestured towards the Hisuian Typhlosion. It greeted her with a ferocious smile that truly showed off its sharp predatory teeth.

OOC: TRYING TO CAPTURE GRAPPLOCT

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 23:25:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BEWEAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KLUTZ
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRENGTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PAIN SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STARLY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RECKLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FINAL GAMBIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE GRAPPLOCT!

close tab

played by

mystic

secretary
officer
15 height
15 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miranda
miranda walker
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 18:13:53 GMT
miranda walker Avatar

Miranda

Playing with .

“I don’t even know how to fight properly and I can’t talk to pokemon! Can they even understand human speech? I thought they had limited intelligence?” Miranda was so screwed, she looked at the other pokemon, squinting. Still, if she didn’t try catching this thing, her entire trip here would’ve been worthless. “Fine, fine, I guess I might as well try this thing, ugh.” she picked up the pokeball, testing the weight in her hands as she considered the best way to toss it.

Maybe throwing it like a baseball would work? Oh right, she had to weaken it first!

“Right, right, lets just freaking do this.” she looked at her gengar and the flying bird that had come down from nowhere to spook the pair and hastily looked through that small notepad she had. “Moves… moves…” she was flipping to where she wrote it down and found it. “Yeah, that seems strong. Maybe.”

“Yo Gengar.” she pointed at the bird that had become her target for the day. “Use, what was it, Shadow Punch!” she stepped back, not quite sure what was going to happen – only for her pokemon to respond swiftly.

A balled fist of dark soot-like things came shooting out from the Gengar’s fist, catching the Starly square on the stomach. While the thing was still reeling from the pain, Miranda threw the ball at it, clapping her hands together in prayer. “Please freaking work! I don’t wanna waste one of these ball things.”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 18:44:31 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

“Well, intelligence varies greatly. Some Pokémon have about as much intelligence as a brick wall, others are smarter than some people I’ve met.” Elinor replied. But then her attention turned to the Hisuian Typhlosion as its ears perked. Something was nearby.

“Go get it.” And of the predatory was. Charging in a random direction.

Meanwhile, Elinor’s turned her attention back to the girl who seemed to be caught up in trying to catch Starly. For a moment she considered intervening, but in the end, it seemed Miranda got the hang of it, she even threw the Pokéball.

Elinor began to applaud the girl for her efforts. “If that was your first attempt at capture, then you did really well! I’ve seen people do much worse!”

Meanwhile, in the distance, the sound of battle could be heard. The angry grunts of a Bewear that kept trying and failing to grab onto the Ghost type using its repertoire of Normal type moves.

The Hisuian had realized this and was now playing around, throwing the Bewear around as it tried to expend its weight as means of gaining an advantage though it simply could not. But soon the Hisuian Typhlosion grew bored, and yet another fiery pillar erupted from it burning the Bewear into unconsciousness. It then proceeded to drag it back to its trainer.

OOC: TRYING TO CAPTURE BEWEAR

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 22:29:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MANDIBUZZ APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WEAK ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLATTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GUST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BONE RUSH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HARIYAMA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CLOSE COMBAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]VITAL THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FOCUS ENERGY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FAKE OUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

mystic

secretary
officer
15 height
15 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miranda
miranda walker
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 9:09:38 GMT
miranda walker Avatar

Miranda

Playing with .

If she were in a better mood, maybe she would’ve appreciated the compliment, but right now she was just feeling a little too dead inside. Being lectured by everyone she met was a humbling experience, the issue was the girl in question lacked the humility to dispense so the only thing she could really experience was a wave of stress and self-loathing. “Yeah, thanks.” she said between her teeth, her gratitude a little more than insincere as she picked up a ball.

“Sorry,” she forced herself to say, head hanging low, her locks obscuring her eyes from this angle. It was a rare apology, but it looked like she was going to have to get used to dishing out apologies more and more at this rate. “I’m still very new to all of this so its just, mildly frustrating.” it was an exaggeration to say it was mild, but what could she do right? She had to suck it up, she couldn’t afford to be weak, figuratively and literally.

Her first successful capture, she stowed the thing away in her beltbag. The thing still felt warm to the touch. She’d have to feed this one too, something that ate away at her already dipping funds. “Anyway, how do we get back to town from here?”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 20:10:06 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

While Elinor was no telepath. It didn’t take long for her to notice the insincerity of the thanks. But she didn’t let that affect her. Her smile stayed bright, her attitude stayed warm.

“Oh don’t worry about that. No need to apologize for being new or for being frustrated. It happens to the best of us.” Elinor spoke.

It seemed Miranda was content with her capture and instead wanted to head toward a town. “Well, depends. If you are going to Mauville, you just follow the road that way -” She pointed straight north. “- And if it’s Slateport you are heading to, you follow it that way.” She pointed in the direction of the South.

Meanwhile dragging the Bewear along with it was a bit more of a hassle than the previous Pokémon. So much so that a wild Mandibuzz landed and asked if it could perhaps have a chunk of the bear.

The answer was of course now. But the Hisuian Typhlosion offered that if it were to join Elinor’s team, then it would never be wanting for food.

The bird considered this for a moment and then agreed to come along to see what the catch of this generous offer was. Though the bird did not help drag the Bear, much to the dismay of Typhlosion.

OOC: TRYING TO CAPTURE MANDIBUZZ

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 23:58:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]ELINOR CAUGHT THE MANDIBUZZ!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WEAK ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLATTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GUST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BONE RUSH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS!