played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
REGRET (ww)
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 14:51:57 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
There is a noticeable chill in the air, accompanied by the hushed silence that befalls the captured city. Some might find the combination of qualities eerie. Felix, however, felt the exact opposite.

Wearing a pair of pants and a turtleneck, the admin had stolen a moment for himself up to the city's outer border. From there, one could easily see the vast seas that surrounded them, as well as the Pokémon that lived within it. Leaning over the railing, a sigh found its way out as Felix returned the cigarette to his chapped lips and took another long drag.

When he first heard the news, Felix thought, maybe it'd been better to spend some time in the cemetery. The body wouldn't be there, but it would be the thought that counted. But, then again, why should he give a shit about honoring that fucker? After everything he's done.

Another sigh escaped his lips.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,348 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
REGRET (ww)
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 14:12:38 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","nomitest2text"]

[attr="class","nomitest2pkmn"]

The air was crisp and clear as Nomi ventured to the top of the hill overlooking the city of Sootopolis. The urban landscape had a forlorn quality to it as of late, posing questions about the future of Rocket's captured city that nobody seemed to have any clear answers for; sadly, the intricacies of resource management had taken a backseat to dealing with the impending meteor and planning for the attacks on Mt. Pyre and Littleroot. Nomi's days spent preparing for the space expedition she would soon be partaking in had felt both impossibly long and tedious, and yet, time also seemed to be flying by. And as far as she could tell, a heavy, tense weight hung over the region no matter where one happened to venture.[break][break]
A different sort of weight burdened Nomi's heart on this particular day, however.[break][break]
As Nomi approached the top of the hill, where there was a railing-protected vista, she noticed another person already looking out at the city below. She immediately recognized the tall, lean figure and dark hair of . Curiously, she walked up next to him with Valerian at her heels and the potent scent of tobacco tickling her nostrils. The Rocket admin looked contemplative - almost in a troubled way - but that wasn't necessarily strange for him. He was a quiet, stoic man in Nomi's experience.[break][break]
All the same, she greeted him in a gentle tone, so as not to startle him too harshly out of his reverie.[break][break]
"Hello, Felix."[break]

[attr="class","nomitest2ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Autumn's Ominous Winds[break]
+ Nomi's Outfit[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f29cdd;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
REGRET (ww)
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 5:51:52 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The solace of silence withered as a familiar voice approached him from behind. Not bothering to greet the researcher, Felix kept his body bent over the railing, one hand coiled around the cool metal. He pulled out the cigarette from between his lips and let out a long, noxious plume of smoke.

"."

It'd been a while since they last met. Frankly, if it hadn't been for the upcoming three-part expedition approaching the following month, he would've already come to forget the name, much less the face attached to it.

Letting go of the bar, the admin reached into his pocket and fished out the crumpled white box from his back pocket. No words were necessary as he flicked the top open and held out the box for the other woman -- an open invitation to this end-of-the-world breather.

"Need something?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,348 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
REGRET (ww)
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 3:57:44 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Nomi stared at Felix's offering, expression calm and contemplative. She took a cigarette between two slender fingers and pulled it out, the stark white of the rolled paper like a beacon against their otherwise dreary surroundings. She held it out to Valerian, who manifested a pinprick of Mystical Fire to light it for her. She sucked in a long drag and closed her eyes, remembering past Autumn mornings in Ecruteak, watching the fog roll in as her grandmother smoked serenely on their front porch, the leaves a myriad of ethereal rainbow hues.[break][break]
Nomi was not normally a smoker, but in that moment, the tobacco was a comfort; its pungent taste an ode to the woman she was mourning on this very day.[break][break]
"No," the pink-haired young woman answered simply, crimson eyes snapping open. "I don't need anything. I just came up here to get some fresh air."[break][break]
She considered the admin, his demeanor, and a sudden surge of intuitive understanding swept through her: he was clearly grieving too.[break][break]
"Today is the anniversary of my grandmother's death," Nomi explained softly, though he had not asked. "She was my only family for most of my life. She died peacefully, but in many ways, it's still strange to me that she's gone. She raised me, and encouraged me to become a scientist like my parents. She was a feisty, opinionated woman with a love for herbs, tobacco included." A small smile, made all the more radiant by its nostalgic longing, graced Nomi's delicate mouth, and she took another long drag from her cigarette: now her version of an offering, to the dead.

[break]

NOTES

+ Nomi's Outfit[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
REGRET (ww)
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 0:26:43 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

It's funny how much a single experience can shape someone. Before, when told a personal tale of one's own loss, Felix wouldn't even bat an eye. During his line of work, especially in the earlier years, death had shifted into this position where it was synonymous with life itself. It became a comforting notion to think that, despite all else, we all are equally tied to our motality.

But like the dipping of the sun across the horizon, those ideals laid to sleep, as he finally grew to understood what it felt to mourn one's death.

Ash drooled out the other end of the cigarette as Felix took another long drag from it, letting it's cancerous fumes fill his lungs before blowing it out, just as had did before.

"Sounds like a nice woman," he mused, "How did she pass?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,348 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
REGRET (ww)
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 2:37:12 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

"Old age, I guess," Nomi sighed, thinking back to that difficult year. Granny's health had taken a turn for the worse all of a sudden, it had seemed. Medical science wasn't Nomi's forte, but it had been a hard winter. A cold turned into pneumonia and pneumonia into end-of-life care...she hadn't breathed the same, even after her recovery. She died in her sleep not long after that.[break][break]
"She was a smoker," Nomi chuckled softly. "She caught pneumonia during that winter, and I don't think her lungs ever really recovered. I found her, peacefully, a few weeks later. She had always been a resilient woman, but death comes for us all. She was in her late eighties. She lived a full life."[break][break]
As if in ironic tribute, Nomi continued to smoke her own cigarette as she contemplated the relatively short period of time they had on this earth. It's why everything mattered - every science experiment, every Pokémon studied, every new discovery. Absently, she reached down and began scratching Valerian behind the ear. The Sylveon purred softly, nuzzling Nomi with his nose.[break][break]
"What about you?" She asked Felix after a few heartbeats. "I can tell there's something on your mind."[break][break]
Who did you lose?

[break]

NOTES

+ Nomi's Outfit[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
REGRET (ww)
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 4:26:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: