March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 18:24:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was going to dig into her own brunch when she saw Alex just inhale his plate of bacon. "Don't choke!" she worriedly cautioned her friend. Everything of hers looked so delicious. They had a lot to discuss. She needed to make her food last. After she took her first few bites out of her pancakes, she elaborated about her Ninetales' situation. "Right, I didn't even consider how this would affect wild Pokémon. With the size of that thing, there was going to be trouble not just for Hoenn if that thing struck." She wasn't wrong; the force of the impact could very well cause another extinction-level event.

"Ever wondered why you don't see Pokémon like Omanyte, Tyrunt, and Lileep in the wild anymore?" she asked Alex. As a history buff, including human understanding of prehistory, this sort of thing was within her realm of expertise. Just being a survivalist wouldn't get her far in the modern age, after all! "From what we understand, long before humans ever existed, giant Pokémon like Tyrantrum were among the planet's apex predators. Then, one day, they were all wiped out by an extinction-level event. Though we haven't been able to find evidence confirming it, the strongest theory is a meteoroid impact much like Meteno, but larger. Far larger." She went on to describe how such an impact would send colossal quantities of ejecta flying into the air, block out the sun, and drop global temperatures, sending the entire planet into a climate crisis.

She, too, dug into her eggs as Alex seemed curious about her story of the Mirage Palace. "All I remember is holes in the ceiling were covered in this brilliant, white light. When I touched it, it felt like I was being teleported. I didn't know it at the time because I hadn't ridden a teleporting Pokémon before. But it was consistent with the feeling you'd get teleporting." She sighed, glad she never had to return there again. "When the inscription in the Halls of Origin was referring to a mystic palace erected in defiance of reality, it wasn't kidding."

{PC: 8}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Starr          Espeon         Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 6:30:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“So it’s basically a world-ending catastrophe that wiped them all out, right?” he confirmed as he attacked the stack of pancakes next. There was no bacon remaining on his plate and he was snarfing through the food.

“I mean, explain the somewhat appearance of the Fossil Pokémon that are running around. I managed to get lucky with an Aerodactyl a few years ago at an excavation that gave me a piece of amber to resurrect and… yeah,” he continued as he waved his fork around, drizzling chocolate sauce all over his pancakes.

He then scooped up a pancake that had been drizzled with chocolate sauce and began eating it like a crepe.

“So, why do you think these ‘dungeons’ exist in this region and nowhere else in the world?”

He wanted to pick her brain about that possibility.

passing on tales from the old to the new

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 7:06:31 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin, too, was picking up the pace with her own meal while Alex's onslaught of questions continued. "Exactly. I'm no fossil expert, but from what I understand, that's why they're so rare in the wild now. The world was just a different place back then. All the ones in the wild now descend from the first of their kind revived from fossils." She stopped to take a drink of her milk, which was getting low. As much as she wanted to order a second glass, she didn't have enough food on her plate for it to be worth the trouble. "If you're curious about it, Fallarbor Town is the place to go. I'm sure you could find out more there."

Then Alex asked a question that had been burning in her mind ever since she set foot in the Halls of Origin with SASHA LIVINGSTONE. "Alex, that's the million dollar question," she sighed. "I'm sure there are other places like this in the world, but I haven't been able to find evidence of a power so dangerous that it had to be locked behind eight... keys, for lack of a better term, each of which have been pretty life-threatening to retrieve. Whatever is in those Halls of Origin better be important in thwarting Meteno... or we may not have a Hoenn to defend. We might not even have... us. But to answer your question, I really don't know the answer."

{WC: 239}
{PC: 9}

NAME           SPECIES        STATUS
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 7:27:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You think you can find it in time, before that thing…” he stopped for a few moments to point his fork above at the skies, “…before that thing comes crashing down and ending us all?”

Otherwise, what then?

“You think, though… you think this also has something to do with all the crazy phenomena happening around here? Like wormholes, for one. I don’t know how the hell strange shit keeps happening around here, but… you think the wormholes themselves may be the cause?”

Another pancake down the hatch, before he stopped for a bit to pick at the potato chunks on his plate and got a scoop of eggs as well.

“Unless there’s something else inside the other dungeons that’s like, a warning sign…”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 7:39:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Absolutely," Shalin answered with confidence, finishing the last of her milk and a few more bites of food. "What choice do I have? Die? It's not a choice. It's survival." The explorer, being comfortable living in the wild, knew all about survival instinct. She would have gone to all these dangerous locations on her own, but this simply sped the process up. When asked about Hoenn's craziness in recent times, she admitted it could be related. "You may not be wrong. It might be worth looking into. I am beginning to wonder if what might be sealed in the Halls of Origin is in and of itself a wormhole too difficult for the League to close."

"You're not wrong there, either," Shalin replied to Alex's remark. "I've noticed some red flags about the Medallions'... last lines of defense. Remember how that Pidgeot could Mega Evolve on its own, without a Mega Stone? Well, inside the Seviper's Remains, there was a large wild Pokémon that fired a Z-Move at me. No crystal, nothing." She pushed her plate aside, procuring her phone and showing Alex a photo of Letheia, her saddled, alpha-sized Alolan Ninetales. "She came from the bottom of the Crystal Trench. Every single one of the Pokémon at the back of these dungeons was frighteningly powerful, and there was something unusual about each." The wild rider breathed a deep sigh. "Wow, that filled me up! I can't finish this or I'll be miserable."

{WC: 245}
{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 7:45:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment she mentioned that in another one of the dungeons she’d gone exploring in something equally weird had happened—

“Wait, what?!” he exclaimed, the eggs dropping from the spoon that was halfway to his mouth.

“Are you sure you weren’t seeing things? A Z-move?! Doesn’t… doesn’t that usually take quite the effort from a Pokémon that’s already with a human companion?!”

He then looked down and saw the egg that had flopped back onto his plate…

“Damn.”

He then continued to shovel potatoes and eggs into his mouth, allowing himself the silence to chew and ponder about what was really going on.

“Wormholes, space cannibals, that meteor above… geezus, what the hell is wrong with this region…” he grumbled with a sigh.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 8:01:54 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Before Shalin could answer Alex's final question, their waitress returned with their tab and a box for her leftovers that she would have tomorrow. Heating it would be a bit of a challenge, given her Petalburg Woods abode did not have electricity beyond what her Pokémon could supply, but she would make do. "Great service," she complimented, leaving a generous gratuity. "The change is yours." Once Alex had taken care of his business with the restaurant, she answered his question at last.

"You think that's bad? Wait until you hear what and I found inside Mirage Palace. Invisible Pokémon, fake walls, fake floors, the whole nine yards. Without her Laprasite LAZULI LENS, we would never have done it." She went on to explain what the Palace's final guardian was like. "Fighting that was a handful. I thought I was gonna die. Anyway, let's get out of here. Thanks for hearing me out. I might call on your help again; couldn't have done it without you. Might have to come visit you in Fortree again." Once she was outside, she hopped on Starr's back, the Espeon bounding north toward her home in the woods.

{WC: 196}
{PC: 12}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 5:09:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: