awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
to tell me what to do
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 15:13:16 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
A bouquet of flowers were tied with string, held in Jessica's hand as she walked in the cemetery. She was alone, the wind sending small shivers down her spine as she walked along the worn path. Counting the rows until she came along his.

Then she deviated, walking on the grass and counting the headstones until she reached his. Then she sat down, tucking her hair back as she undid the string of the flowers. One by one, she placed them in the holder beside his grave, decorating it with bright colors and wonderful floral scents. She trailed petals across the top of the headstone and along the ground, smiling at her work gently.

"Hey. It's too dull here, you know. Thought I'd lighten it up a bit. Miss has a flower shop in Petalburg. I asked her to get me flowers for you. She's really nice. She's teaching me some new things. I think you'd be proud of me."

Jessie brushed away some dirt and moss threatening to cover his name, leaning back against the headstone like she used to lean against him.

"I changed my hair back to its normal color. I think you would've liked my red hair. Kai and I are going trick or treating with Uriah too. He wanted to be a TYRANTRUM, and he demanded that I was a princess. So, that's what we have to do. He's a very demanding kid. And he's getting better at walking."

Her smile wobbled, as small tears formed in her eyes.

"He misses you, Niko. I do too."
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
to tell me what to do
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 9:19:04 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

cian doesn't mean to intrude, really, and for the most part, he doesn't. but it's hard not to when he's that close to the only other person in the graveyard.[break][break]

so, it's only a matter of time until he trips over an overgrown root. he stumbles briefly before stopping himself from falling over.[break][break]

"shit, sorry! i don't mean to intrude."[break][break]

he carries with him an elegantly-wrapped bouquet of flowers.[break][break]

"your trick-or-treating plan sounds really fun, though. good costume ideas."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-cacturne"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
to tell me what to do
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 15:14:56 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie had closed her eyes, calming herself with her floating AROMATISSE, letting out soothing scents. Until a stranger happened to stop by.

"Hmm?"

Then she looked, first meeting the sight of his bouquet, then the stranger himself. Was he also here to see someone he'd lost? A loved one?

"Oh, thank you. It was my son's idea," Jessie spoke with a small laugh, wiping away the tears from her face.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
to tell me what to do
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 15:25:17 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh nice! if there was a costume contest i'm sure you two would win."[break][break]

he's not the best at dealing with these sort of somber situations so he does what he normally does and joke around. whether it is received well is out of his control.[break][break]

but he does try to be somewhat mindful when he pulls out some napkins he got from mcdonalds earlier and offers them to her.[break][break]

"here. they're clean, i promise."[break][break]

he hugs the bouquet closer to his chest.[break][break]

"how old is your son?"

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
to tell me what to do
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 1:49:38 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
This stranger was here, talking to her and offering her napkins, completely out of his free will. Jessie wondered to herself if there was, in fact, still good in the world, besides her son and her siblings.

"Oh. Thank you. You didn't have to," she said, a small blush tinging her cheeks as she gratefully took it. She wiped around her eyes, trying to not look like a hot mess, before wiping away any sniffles.

"He's almost a year old, at least that's what we estimate. He was... um, he was abandoned. So the doctors are guessing based on growth charts and development."
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
to tell me what to do
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 13:12:25 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh no don't worry about it."[break][break]

it's the least he can do, really, short of consoling her which he's dreadful at.[break][break]

"aw, well i know nothing about babies but a year old is so young!"[break][break]

his tone is light. happy.[break][break]

"what's his name?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights