TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
LEVEL 60
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 6:18:44 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

a workplace midday halloween party would've been fine and all but there's still an element of imposter syndrome that plagues him. even now, when surrounded by some of the league's finest, he wonders if he truly belongs here.[break][break]

it's a feeling the new rustboro gym leader will have to eventually shake.[break][break]

for now, he accidentally bumps into someone. not quite hard enough to spill his drink but definitely not a light tap either.[break][break]

"woops! that's my bad."[break][break]

dressed like lugh his cacturne, he spins around. shit.[break][break]

"mister councilman! hi. hey. it's a pleasure to finally meet you."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]
mission![break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-cacturne"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEVEL 60
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 17:51:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LEVEL 60

THE SIGNS OF VICTORY

“…”

the councilman has no parts in these halloween games. in different circumstances, in more peaceful times, he would have entertained the notion. a photograph of him dressed as santa clause with the first iteration of the ELITE FOUR still sits in an abandoned desk somewhere. but this year will have no such festivities. for the dire straight of their region demand fernando remain the odd one out.

there is work to be done and he is their primary party pooper.

however, that does not dissuade the rest of the office from breaking the tension with decor and enthusiasm. bowls of candy line every hall while banners of spinarak hang long.

ah,” fernando finally answers. “i don’t believe we’ve met.” he only engages because he doesn’t recognize cian at all. something seemingly insignificant considering the organization’s size but one he looks to rectify nonetheless.

a pleasure,” he trails off, leaving the appropriate follow up.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

TRICK OR TREATING
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
LEVEL 60
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:25:27 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

party pooper or not, the councilman has cian's respect for everything he has given to this region so far. it's why cian jumps at the opportunity to shake the man's hand.[break][break]

"we haven't! i'm cian maher, rustboro's gym leader. alex spoke highly of you."[break][break]

but such is to be expected from hoenn's previous champion. cian is unaware of anything that might have been going on behind the curtains, however.[break][break]

"so, uh, no costume today?"

mission![break]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEVEL 60
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:31:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LEVEL 60

THE SIGNS OF VICTORY

“AH,” the name brings back memories. it cements cian’s position as someone who knows at least the surface of hoenn’s history. that makes him one of the few individuals who hadn’t migrated just short of the dome’s inception.

fernando takes his hand, firm with pride, and squeezes it with just enough pressure for him to feel his warmth.

a pleasure, maher.

the name sounds familiar but he’s not sure why. he makes a mental note to look it up later. when he’s free.

when asked about his lack of participation, his eyes stare back, scarecrow like.

oh, i’m working.

TRICK OR TREATING
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
LEVEL 60
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:36:29 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"ah, yes, of course."[break][break]

working — something cian should be doing too. but he's allowed an hour break per day so he supposes this is what he'll spend it on. mingling with the other leaguers and brushing shoulders with councilmen.[break][break]

his hand falls back to his side, finding his pocket.[break][break]

"what are you working on today?"

mission![break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEVEL 60
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:57:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LEVEL 60

THE SIGNS OF VICTORY

“PREVENTING METENO FROM IMPACTING HOENN,” he answers without missing a beat. it’s also a constant event that last all day on his official calendar. should follow up with his promise to invite fernando over to eat dinner with him and , his excuse will also hold the same. i’m busy.

coincidentally, the event ends the day after METENO is projected to make landfall.

but don’t let me stop you,” he adds in. a wrinkle of his nose shows something beyond a surface level thought.

’s hall should have the best candy,” is what comes up. “unless he’s not participating this year.

TRICK OR TREATING
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
LEVEL 60
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 8:37:43 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

cian imagines meteor planning must take up most of the councilman's day. week, even. but that's all he can do: imagine. he's not yet in the position to offer any advice on that.[break][break]

the mention of the current champion has him brightening up a bit, however.[break][break]

"oh, yeah. i was just on my way over there before flying back to rustboro."[break][break]

he shakes his bucket of candy, already acquiring a few from others.[break][break]

"you should pay a visit sometimes. when this is all over, of course."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEVEL 60
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 7:42:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LEVEL 60

THE SIGNS OF VICTORY

“INDEED,” is the councilman’s signature agreement. “i take it you’ll save me a reservation then? once METENO has been handled?

it sounds like an equal commitment, and once upon a time, it’s one fernando would have honored. but his responsibility as an auditor for hoenn’s gyms has long passed. he simply doesn’t have the time.

TRICK OR TREATING
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
LEVEL 60
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 17:30:08 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"consider it done."[break][break]

it would be an honor to host the councilman. cian believes it's what his predecessor would've wanted. whether or not the councilman actually takes him up on his offer is out of his hands entirely.[break][break]

the chips will fall where they may.[break][break]

"well! i'll see you around, councilman silph."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEVEL 60
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 18:41:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LEVEL 60

THE SIGNS OF VICTORY

“VERY WELL THEN.”

fernando acknowledges the new gym leader with a firm nod before escaping back into the thralls of the league’s decorated halls. once he’s out of view, the faux smile and demure sink back into oblivion. an empty gaze considers their plan on handling METENO for the umpteenth time as armageddon approaches.

TRICK OR TREATING
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,922 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
LEVEL 60
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 3:31:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: