6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 3:36:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle walks up to the gym because that's what people do in the games. the games are a one on one representation on how hoenn is ran, so kyle knows that it's okay to just go in uninvited and expect the gym leader there.

without even knocking, he opens up the doors.

"hello cianny day," he greets the gym leader, wherever he might be. he figures he's just there on a corner anyways. "where's my bagel?"

he expects fresh pastry as he entered, since that was what was advertised, he looks around for a pantry, but he can't find it. it was then that he lets his dogs out. they can sniff it out.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:33:10 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

there is no need for kyle to knock at the doors simply slide open! they are automatic; chosen and paid for by devon. nothing but the best for alexander's pride and joy.[break][break]

when the doors slide open, there awaits rustboro's gym leader. he exudes a certain bravado of confidence and presence unlike before; likely a byproduct of his recent promotion and freedom from team rocket.[break][break]

"hello my good friend champion kyle lopez! bagels are through here. come along now."[break][break]

he waves, then turns to walk down the hall and into the main space of the gym. there, a bagel station has been set up along with drinks and snacks for kyle's doggos.[break][break]

"not sure what your doggos liked but i got a good mix of everything."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-castform"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 6:13:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he follows along cian, though his dogs manage to reach the room first before them. it's clear what they want, and it's not the snacks cian prepared.

they love eating what people eat and not what was left for them, even if their food turns out to be better for their taste buds than what was left for people. it's a weird case that kyle doesn't even bother to figure out.

below the counter were two pokemon with tails wagging and mouth salivating.

"i guess they like your bagels too." he takes one and breaks it into half, with each half falling from kyle's hands directly to their mouths. "i hope you didn't put laxatives on these."

mostly for cian's sake.

kyle takes one and chews on it. he makes no comment, but the fact that he keeps on chewing should be enough tell that it's above average. he swallows by the end of it.

"so, where do we fight?" he asks.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 9:44:56 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"as they should. my bagels are amazing."[break][break]

as he takes a bite into his bagel that is smeared with the perfect amount of cream cheese—not enough to overwhelm his senses but enough to compliment the flavors of the toasted bagel—his toes curl.[break][break]

he barely hears kyle's question but nods over at the main space ahead of them.[break][break]

"over there! do you have a particular weather you want to fight in?"

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-castform"]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 16:08:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
talking about the weather makes him think of abilities that go well with each. he takes a glance at his pokemon and realizes that he probably doesn't need the handicap.

between sand veil, snow cloak, hydration, and leaf guard, kyle's unsure which of them would actually be the least problematic for his pokemon. in the end, there's no best answer for this.

"eh, let's just go with hail," kyle mentions. "just for practice. hoenn's probably going to get uncharacteristically cold this winter anyways."

it wouldn't be the first time, since hoenn's climate was always affected by all the weird things happening to it.

he finishes the entirety of the bagel without curling his toes as he moves to where he assumed the gym leader would stand. it shouldn't be a problem anyways since no one's going to berate them over the rules if there's no audience.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 17:28:41 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

his toes uncurl as he reaches the end of his bagel. he would've gone for another but kyle seems ready to get this challenge going.[break][break]

"yup, yup. especially with global warming and climate change and all that."[break][break]

even if cian sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about, he's actually quite well-versed with that because of all the documentaries he watches. he never fact-checks them, though, and just takes them for their word.[break][break]

he dusts bagel flakes off his hands before walking over to his side of the battlefield. a nod to his castform summons a HAIL before two pokeballs pop open.[break][break]

"you can have the first move, champ!"

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-abomasnow"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-swinub"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 17:58:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
swinub doesn't particularly carry supportive moves. abomasnow meta also leans to pure offense, but he can't deny its utility moves. with no clear opener that he should be expecting, kyle goes for just going with the flow.

they get hit by a block of hail on the head, wincing at the cold, but also from just having a heavy object hit. kyle covers his head like it's an earthquake drill because he doesn't like blocks of ice hitting him directly on the head.

"we're using toxic on big boy." abomasnow just seems to be easier to hit with it since it's larger, after all. "and you're attracting the swinub."

the first mightyena regurgitates its last meal, being the bagel it got from the pantry, and throws it up as a projectile vomit on the plant. it stains the white easily, much like the poison from his bile that permeates the pokemon's leaves.

the other winks on the swinub. just because it's small doesn't mean it's underaged in the pokemon world so what he was doing was very legal.

he also doesn't care about its gender because it's 2022 and discrimination is frowned upon on.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 14:51:48 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"tank up, big boy!"[break][break]

the abomasnow grunts really loudly as its feet plant into the ground, digging deeper until it is fully INGRAINED in. the healing it gets counteracts the TOXIC slightly, helping to keep it healthy.[break][break]

swinub falls for the ATTRACT only to forget it moments later because of its AMNESIA. it wiggles forward, disappearing into the HAIL with its SNOW CLOAK.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 3:11:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
at some point, kyle regrets giving his mightyena an option to use z-move.

before kyle can issue a move, the fact that its move didn't work prompts the mightyena to double up on showing off. it glows in a weird aura that isn't really weird anymore given that almost everyone on hoenn has z-move capable pokemon.

MIGHTYENA: MIDNIGHT MIRAGE
DARK-TYPE
mightyena summons a spectral pack to attack the enemy. they explode upon command, dealing damage and creating a SMOKESCREEN.

the mightyena howls, giving life to spectral mightyena from its own shadow. each of them leapt at where the swinub was, finding it with no problem whatsoever. each of them explode, and with each explosion came a puff of smoke.

hail combines with a dark fog that obscures vision for both parties, except the mightyena both have keen senses to make up for it.

with the other mightyena going off the script, kyle sighs, and gives permission for his other pokemon to just do whatever as well. "just... do what you want too, i guess." order was broken anyways so he might as well lean into it.

the second mightyena leaps at the poisoned grass-type, taking a quick crunch as it does a drive-by to wear it down, setting it up for the next attack.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 4:19:12 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

whatever gameplan cian once had quickly flies out the window at the z-move. when the SMOKESCREEN clears, his swinub is down and out on the ground, unconscious from the sheer damage of the attack.[break][break]

"well..."[break][break]

rest easy, ratjam.[break][break]

abomasnow roars in pain from the CRUNCH, not quick enough to mitigate the damage with an AURORA VEIL that only now starts to glow. it then slams its foot into the ground, summoning an ICE SHARD that shoots right at the mightyena.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 16:12:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
they can wait out until the poison takes in effect, or they can rush in now. they're no fire-type to deal with the abomasnow quick, but they'll do it nonetheless.

the ice shard manages to delay the attack of one mightyena, but the rush was still going to happen whether the abomasnow was ready for it or not.

delta comes first and rushes straight at the abomasnow. the tint of the aurora veil gets easily seen with the residual smoke as the mightyena proceeds to damage it with its rock smash.

it scurries away to its smoke right after and then comes bravo. another crunch goes as it gives the abomasnow another heavy attack as soon as its defenses are compromised.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 8:43:22 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

even with AURORA VEIL and INGRAIN, abomasnow can only sustain the damage for so long before eventually falling to the damage. one versus two isn't fun, especially not against the champion's pokemon.[break][break]

the HAIL stops.[break][break]

"well, that was a bullying."[break][break]

he chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck as he approaches.[break][break]

"but congrats, champ! you've earned yourself this weather badge. the first one i've given out, actually."[break][break]

the weather badge is held up between two fingers, offered to kyle.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 19:23:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the match is ended. kyle's mightyena have used up every resource under their belt to end the match quick. at least it tires them out just as fast so kyle doesn't have to walk them today.

he walks up to cian as he recalls his pokemon.

"it's not bullying. we call it respect."

with two of his fingers acting like chopsticks, he fishes out the badge from cian's hand.

"if i was bullying, it would be three minutes of setup just to be flashy and stall the battle out for as long as i could." kyle shudders at the thought. "that actually happens more often than you think."

he looks at the badge and tries to think if there were any badge that was similar to it before. there's probably none since kyle can't jog his memory for an instance.

"anyways, thanks for the badge."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ciyan delarosa [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 4:07:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: