Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 1:00:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Illeana had said her piece. Isaac had said his. The time for action was upon them, and Isaac would not let his have the first strike.[break][break]

His Dhelmise, Sanford, would see to that. The strands of seaweed that had entangled his foe started to throb. Even as they stood surrounded by the dead and the dying, Sanford forced new life into its blood red blooms. They elongated, thickened, and most importantly strengthened, their Growth ensuring that Isaac's foe would not have an easy time escaping.[break][break]

Bronzong was next. Isaac shifted slightly beneath his mantle, his silhouette seeming to squash and stretch as he unhooked a Pokeball from within. With his arm covered up, it was unlikely trainer or Pokemon alike would know what was happening until the Pokeball was already hurtling their way.[break][break]

And then the world went white.[break][break]

How the hell could a Pokeball produce that much flash? League regulations ensured the energy release provided as minimal strain as possible. The answer was none other than Sinnoh's signature export; Pokeball seals. The ball had been covered in eight of the damn things, and Illeanna's foe had seemingly chosen the most distracting ones possible. Shimmering rainbow starfalls, gouts of flame, and bursts of light became assaults on Illeanna and Bronzong's vision, and any attempts at seeing beyond them were blotted by clouds of smoke and a sinister haze.[break][break]

Within the mess, not just one silhouette emerged. Four did. Each of the figures rushed the Bronzong at once, assailing it from all sides. Whenever Bronzong would be prepared for the smash of an Aggron's head, a Cubone's bone would be swung at it from another side. If it could predict a Blastoise's shoulder tackle, it'd be wide open for a spinning kick from a Scrafty. How the hell did Isaac load so many Pokemon into a single ball?[break][break]

The answer, of course, was that he didn't. But a Beat Up from the shadows was a great way to make his opponent feel overwhelmed from the outset, while also helping him keep his true active Pokemon a secret. and had taught him well; psychology was everything, and this was a battle he had to win before it even began.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
(OOC permission to start in a grapple~!) Sanford the Dhelmise uses its Growth to try and further stop Illeanna from escaping.[break]
Isaac uses Ball Seals of all things to obscure Illeanna and Bronzong's vision.[break]
Isaac releases Aubrey the Scrafty, using her Beat Up to assail Bronzong out of the visual mess and keep his foe guessing.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 1:18:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]of all the ways to get caught up in the action... this is not how she pictured the fighting atop mt pyre.

she hisses as growth ensnares her further. seaweed stretches, groans, grows, and she's caught in the binding motion.

of course, it's not terribly painful... yet, anyway.

her eyeballs do not have the luxury, however. her opponent releases a flashing light. and for a moment, despite the blinding or the burning in her eyes as they twist shut, she's reminded of home, of sinnoh. it's faint, subconscious, left to rot.

the bronzong at her side is not faring much better. his scrafty hits hard from the shadows, from all sides and angles, eliciting a loud and painful gong sound from the steel bell. and as she hears the sound, she begins to flail. in her struggle, she manages to knock a pokeball loose from her belt. it clinks to the ground and opens a delayed moment later.

a sableye takes form quickly, the gremlin snickering as it scrambles toward its trainer. shadow claw comes quickly, trying to slice through the growing seaweed enough to release her from her oceanic prison.

her bronzong, meanwhile, unleashes a quick weather ball toward his scrafty to put some distance between them.

and god, despite herself, she doesn't want to do this...

she doesn't want to fight when her dreams feel so tangible.

tl;dr |
- struggle!
- summons sableye, who uses shadow claw on the seaweed holding illie
- bronzong uses weather ball to try and get distance between itself and scrafty

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 1:39:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]To Illeana, this was painful, direct, and oh so terrifying. She was blinded, bound, and close enough to feel the struggle as Bronzong launched a ball of concentrated rainstorm right Aubrey's way. Aubrey leaped from the fading storm to avoid the attack, finally revealing herself in the process. As she landed, she tossed her hood off of her head, nonchalantly turning to face the Bronzong.[break][break]

She stuck a hand out, beckoning it to come closer with a smirk. How would it respond to that level of Swagger?[break][break]

Sanford wasn't so lucky. Those vines weren't just vines. They were part of the Dhelmise's body! Each Shadow Claw got the vines twitching and writhing, chunks of them being shorn off with every swipe. Compared to an attack to the main algal complex, it didn't hurt too much. But pain was pain, and it was the natural enemy of any grapple.[break][break]

The cry of vengeful spirits and creaking wood echoed in Illeana's ear. The algae turned from blood red to an ominous purple, and then the Dhelmise was gone. The Sableye's efforts goaded Sanford into retreating back to the Phantom Plane . . . for now. Yet when the battlefield settled some, the wrath of its Phantom Force would become all too apparent.[break][break]

Its cry was particularly loud. Was it just frustrated? Or was it aiming to cover up the sound of a Blastoise emerging from its Pokeball?[break][break]

Isaac had crept behind Illeana as his Pokemon distracted her merry band, and he was not about to let Sanford's battle tactics leave the most critical of his foes unmarked. No, that was why Toto was here; while one of his newest teammates, the Blastoise was already shaping up to be a rising star of his. His shadow stretched over Illeana as he loomed behind her, arms crossed as he waited for her next move.[break][break]

He raised a brow ridge and smirked, and then a layer of shell exploded off of his back. If she was going to try anything, she'd have to get around a faster, stronger Blastoise; Shell Smash was a merciless move indeed.[break][break]

Isaac himself said nothing. Once Toto was released, he allowed himself to fade back into the mists.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Aubrey dodges the Weather Ball at the cost of losing her hiding spot. She taunts Bronzong with a Swagger.[break]
Sanford is (semi) directly hit by the Shadow Claw barrage, releasing Illeana so it can ready a Phantom Force.[break]
Isaac releases Toto the Blastoise behind Illeana to shut that freshly opened escape route. Toto flexes out a Shell Smash.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 1:55:37 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her bronzong, despite the hollow look behind its eyes, truly wants to protect its trainer.

and what does it do in the face of swagger?

well... it loses itself in rage.

the psychic gong rings a series of loud, irritated sounds. and if illeana didn't know better, she'd believe it to be war drums. somehow, the sound will bother her for a while after this has long since settled into the ebb and flow of time.

bronzong tries to release another weather ball but the move flies in a different direction. when illeana turns her eyes to the psychic type, it's easy to see its become confused in its anger. she winces at the idea, as if she wants to help but can't quite figure out how. subconsciously, healing mist bleeds from her body.

her sableye, meanwhile, is able to cause enough damage to free her from her seaweed chains. she drops unceremoniously to the ground, rolling twice in a heap of dirt, red, and white. her hair looks a little stained, whether its from the ground or her head is indeterminable.

she struggles to her feet with the help of her snickering sableye, the purple gremlin all but clawing at her skin to keep going. and how can she let it down?

turns out... she can definitely let the ghost type down.

shell smash keeps her from leaving, keeps her from running. and in her surprise, she shrieks, shrill and piercing in the foggy field, and trips over herself. she tumbles down in a heap of clumsy limbs. scrapes ooze muddy red and she heaves out a shaky breath, hands braced against the unforgiving ground.

her mind screams for her to get up, to get moving, to get the fuck out of there.

and as she slowly rises back to her feet, she sways slightly. hitting her head on too many rocks could, very well, be an undoing... but she can't stop here. she won't stop here.

her dreams of space and god and meaning something feel so fucking close. if she could just... get past him...

"get. out. of. my. way!"

her face is twisted into a pained scowl, as if she's torn between anger and hurt. in a way, perhaps she is.

"i don't care about this stupid fight."

and really, she doesn't. league, rocket, it doesn't matter... not in the face of a god that keeps haunting her. does it show in the way she doesn't order for attacks, doesn't summon the cavalry?

"i have to get to the primal point."

tl;dr |
- bronzong becomes confused in its rage
- bronzong tries to use weather ball but highly misses
- illeana's healing mist activates in an attempt to help her bronzong
- she gets up but gets knocked back down by shell smash
- defiantly rises and tells him to move

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 2:22:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]This stupid fight.[break][break]

As she spoke, Isaac realized just who he was dealing with here. This wasn't some random League member that he had caught mid ambush. This was one of the League's head professors. He was up against one of the League's VIPs here, someone who was literally radiating with power as they spoke. And he managed to catch her off guard, start the fight strong on his terms, and tee up what felt to be a decisive victory.[break][break]

Yet despite this, she still acted as if this fight was beneath her. In many ways, it probably was.[break][break]

It was time. Isaac whistled. Toto raised a hand into the air, the life force of the planet gathering around his palm. Between Rocket's spiteful attack, the League's counter-strike at all costs, and the restless dead whose graves they trampled, the aura that Toto conjured burned red with conflict. It swelled to a surprisingly large size, casting Illeana in an ominous glow. And then, with the flick of his palm, Toto flung the Aura Sphere right towards Sableye. When an Aura Sphere was launched, it targeted not where an opponent stood, but instead their very spirit. No matter how much it scrambled and dodged, the attack would find its purchase.[break][break]

"Do you care now?"[break][break]

Isaac finally emerged from the shadows, cast in the blood-red light that the Aura Sphere dispersed. "I may not be a beast or an underboss, head professor. But I am your foe for the day. And I am just as capable of stopping you as any of them. As if to emphasize this, he snapped his fingers. Sanford emerged from the Phantom Plane, rocketing towards the confused Bronzong while wreathed in shadowy energy. His strike would be followed by a High Jump Kick from Aubrey, the Scrafty waiting to see where Sanford's attack would lead the Bronzong in order to make up for the move's otherwise poor accuracy.[break][break]

In any other circumstance, this would have been a most chilling encounter. Yet Isaac's words and actions alike betrayed the fact that he had missed Illeana's true meaning.[break][break]

After all, when did she say this stupid fight was with him?[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Toto sends a Shell Smash powered Aura Sphere hurtling right towards poor Sableye.[break]
Sanford strikes from the shadows at Bronzong with Phantom Force.[break]
Aubrey follows up with a High Jump Kick, aimed wherever Bronzong either dodges or is knocked.[break]
Isaac would be really cool right now if he wasn't missing the point so badly!

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 2:43:31 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]is this fight beneath her?

some, like a certain three piece , would say yes. he'd look down on her for not being willing to fight this man while trying to throw her life away fighting herself. and yet, she doesn't think in the same realm as him.

she thinks in dreams, hopes, and concepts all led astray by the greed of power.

despite it all, this still doesn't scream for her to fight. every muscle, sinew, bone screams to run instead.

and when she sees the reddish glow of aura sphere, her eyes widen. it doesn't take aim at her, however... it aims for her ghostly little gremlin and she reacts without a single thought in her head.

illeana's body darts in the way, turning to shield the sableye from possible death. the aura sphere collides with her back and it erupts with pain against scarred nerve endings. she whimpers low, half into her sableye's ear.

she only turns back when the dust settles, when the pain no longer freezes her in place. the sableye is cradled against her chest like a baby with its mother. it snickers awkwardly, as if it doesn't know what to do. somehow, it almost seems to look concerned despite the no-good grin it always wears.

"do i look like i care about a position?"

she scowls, tears pricking quickly at her waterlines. red eyes become watery and she tries to steel herself into composure. it's a half-hearted attempt.

"this war doesn't matter to me. rocket, league, it does not matter when our fucking survival is at stake."

and she knows it's selfish but... she still hunts the spatial god despite it all.

her bronzong falls behind her, a hollow pang of pain echoing before silence falls. she lets out a shaky sigh and turns to recall the knocked out psychic type back into its pokeball. somehow, she doesn't call out another pokemon. she doesn't see a point.

"the primal point... there's something there that i need to get to."

she can feel it in her bones.

and while she doesn't say it, the point still stands: he's in her way.

she doesn't want to fight, that much is becoming very apparent... and yet, she will if it means getting closer to salvation.

tl;dr |
- tries to protect sableye from aura sphere with her back
- bronzong is knocked out by phantom force & high jump kick
- trying to reason with isaac

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 4:16:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]No. An Aura Sphere never missed its target. But that didn't mean it couldn't be blocked.[break][break]

The mask Isaac had chosen today was very different from his usual. That mask was warm, expressive, open, covering just enough to hide Isaac's identity from pesky interlopers. This mask was cold, hard, showing only the bare minimum of what Isaac needed to breathe. It was a shield; both physically, and as a means of hiding Isaac's feelings from the world.[break][break]

Thanks to that mask, Illeana wouldn't see eyes widened with surprise at her desperate sacrifice. She wouldn't see concern knit in the brow of her inadvertent attacker. She wouldn't see his mouth open, and close, and open again, feeble attempts at finding words after what he had just bore witness to.[break][break]

Illeana would see none of that. She would only see a Rocket's stare fixed on her as his Blastoise slowly, cautiously advanced forward.[break][break]

All of Isaac's Pokemon were prepared for this. At least, the ones that showed tonight were. The League was coming at Isaac, at all of Rocket, with lethal and preemptive force. If he wanted to survive, he needed to show them the same. Mercy was dead. If it wasn't, then he would be.[break][break]

What would Illeana think when Toto loomed over her, froth forming at the tips of his cannons? Would she be defiant, even until the end? Would she accept the fate that awaited her? Would she do something, anything, no matter how desperate, just to make it to her goal? Would she talk? Would she fight? Would she even be able to choose?[break][break]

And how would she react when, instead of the expected move, she was showered by the refreshing rain of Life Dew?[break][break]

If this was a trick, it was far too convoluted to be worth it. Any sensible Rocket would see the League's head professor severely wounded, unguarded, and at their mercy as a meal ticket. She was the world's easiest, highest value PoW. And she was staring down someone who, frankly, had been behaving like the Terminator up until this point. No. This wasn't a backstab. This was genuine conviction. Whatever Illeana needed to do was something she believed worth dying for.[break][break]

It was also something she couldn't just ask the League about, judging by this predicament. How very, very interesting.[break][break]

Isaac stared down at Illeana as his Blastoise treated her wounds. Even as his mind moved at a million miles per second, his mask betrayed nothing. He took no action to stop his Blastoise. However, he took no action to let Illeana go, either. What had started as a vicious ambush had simmered down to a tense state of neutrality. "I'm listening."[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Toto heals Illeana's wounds.[break]
Isaac is hearing what she has to say.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 2:08:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she doesn't know what to expect, what to do, where to go...

his blastoise looms over her. and while she's used to stretching shadows or hulking beasts looking down at her, this feels different. there's an animosity laced into fog and it makes her uncertain.

what side does the coin land on?

she raises her chin in defiance as gravity brings the coin back down to earth. there's a lull, as if time stutters to a stop for a moment, and she's not quite sure when she stopped believing in the good of people.

not everyone is a villain... not even rocket.

life dew begins to soothe pain, easing it out of muscles like knots beneath massaging hands. her healing mist assists with pink swirls wafting off skin. it diffuses as much as it heals and for all of her stubbornness, she finds a sliver of hope in the man's statement.

"something threw us away from the crystal."

her eyes are focused yet faraway, torn between hope and reality. it's a painful place to exist in, an odd sense of purgatory.

"at the same time as that cry... i don't think it's a coincidence and i sure as hell do not want it slipping from my grasp."

the again is silent but it echoes with too much weight all the same.

"i think this is the closest i will ever get to achieving my dreams. this war between sides doesn't matter in the face of that, let alone with death knocking on our doors."

in a way, she doesn't concern herself with the constant tug of war. there's bigger things to worry about... like gods and monsters and men and dying.

"i will not fight you if i can help it but if you don't move out of my way," she pauses, eyes narrowing into knives. "i will not apologize for what happens."

tl;dr |
- tries defiant
- talkin crazy as usual

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 2:48:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Things were starting to add up in Isaac's head.[break][break]

The mysterious roar. The way the mountain shook. League officials losing their positions, as if by the act of god. Something was influencing the tide of this battle, and whatever it was, Illeana was invested in it. She was invested in it to the point where she would risk death to investigate. She was invested in it to the point where she would kill to investigate.[break][break]

She was invested in it to the point where her actions may have been the disruption that Team Rocket needed.[break][break]

Isaac moved out of Illeana's way, but only so he could stand behind her instead. From his mantle he fished out a pair of handcuffs, slapping them around her wrists. "You're my prisoner of war. I'm taking you to the Primal Point because as the League's Head Professor, you understand how it works far better than I do. Do you understand?"[break][break]

His voice dropped to a whisper as, in the same movement, he pressed a lockpick into the palm of Illeana's hand. "That alibi should get you past the battlefield. Once we're in League territory, I'll probably get attacked. You should have no problems "escaping" me from there, and with how respected your position is, I'm sure they're not gonna ask any questions. Sound like a plan?"[break][break]

Sometimes, collusion bloomed in the strangest areas of the battlefield. Isaac had scruples that Rocket preferred he didn't. Illeana had ambitions that seemed to stretch beyond the League. Together, their goals aligned in a fashion that meant both of them could get what they wanted. And all they'd have to do was scratch each other's backs a little.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Isaac accepts Illeana's offer.[break]
He slaps some handcuffs on to make it extra convincing, and slips her a lockpick for when the con's all done.[break]
Can mutual understanding bloom? Even on the battlefield?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 3:59:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he moves and for a moment, she wonders if she's played herself.

it seems inevitable, perhaps, that she startles at the cold metal against her wrists. the handcuffs click into place and with them, her hope wavers.

prisoner of war?

her mouth opens to speak, to argue, to yell as her sableye scrambles up toward her shoulders. it stills, however, when the man's voice drops into a whispered tone.

"yes."

when the lockpick settles into her palm, she lowers her head to shield her smile with white bangs. success...

"you gonna drag me up there?"

she tries to make it sound angry, defiant, but there's a satisfied edge to it that persists despite the faint scowl.

she squirms for show, then, and takes a few steps forward as if she's trying to escape. any minute now, perhaps, and he'll steer her in the right direction. after so many tumbles and rocks to the head, she's still turned around and completely out of position.

and wouldn't it be nice if the plan was smooth sailing? if a certain rat didn't get in their way, maybe it would be...

tl;dr |
- pog?
- agrees to his plan
- impressed, ngl
- lead the way new bestie

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 4:26:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac sidled into place right behind Illeana. Though he was shorter than her by a solid four inches, the presence he possessed made him feel larger than life.[break][break]

"If you make me."[break][break]

His voice, too, was terse, tense, hostile. His voice modulator made it so any deviations in his tone would be swallowed up, and the mask across his face made it impossible for anyone to see the victorious smirk on his face.[break][break]

Isaac put a hand on Illeana's back, letting it settle for a second to reassure her of his intent before giving her a gentle shove forward. Illeana's staggering made it seem far rougher than it actually was. The battered Sableye sitting atop her shoulders was a sign of what happened if you were the next one to cross Isaac.[break][break]

Behind him, his crew loomed, their shadows stretching out into the distance. Toto mean mugged towards anyone he passed, both the guns on back and the guns on his arms looking quite fearsome. Aubrey casually put her hands behind her head, swagger in her stance and boredom in her eyes. Sanford looked inscrutable as always, floating ominously in Isaac's shadow.[break][break]

It was all according to Isaac's perfect little plan. He steered Illeana in the direction of the Primal Point, his Pokemon keeping an eye out for any would-be interlopers all the while. At times, he threw in another pulled shove, the motion looking blunt and harsh enough to fool any onlookers but stopping short before actually harming the Head Professor.[break][break]

Such luck. Isaac's first battle was nearing an end, and it had already been a win-win situation![break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
March, prisoner, march!

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 22:29:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he plays the part well...

a shove here, a dragging there. she stumbles with each one, half out of obligation to the role of prisoner and mostly because her head is still pounding. a headache throbs at the temples and with it, a sluggishness akin to pain.

the closer they get to the primal point, the closer she is to everything she's ever wanted.

and isn't it, in a way, cathartic for something to get in the way of it all?

an explosion sounds to their right. her head swivels immediately as dust billows up into the air. for a moment, she stills. a sense of something rises. whether it's relief or dread, she can't tell. the knots in her stomach are all the same, no matter what font they reside in.

another explosion rocks the ground. as they get closer toward the primal point, one thing is clear: he will not be allowed to walk up in there without a fight.

she can do little but watch as league forces intercept him. for a moment, she thinks she hears and nearby. it quickly fades into white noise as attacks fly toward her and her captor. she's thrown from her feet with a scream -- the very one hears a moment later -- and she rolls into a heap a few feet away from .

by the time she shakily stands to her feet, he's gone and she's alone...

tl;dr |
- marching!
- attacks throw her away from isaac
- she's alone now

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bound By Obligation [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 23:04:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: